KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » All Things Avengers

All Things Avengers
Started by: leonidas

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

thumb up i still like the overall idea for the book though and will stick with it for a while. less sure about the other avengers books tbh.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2014 11:58 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Indeed.

The only thing I can say I was really satisfied with is Havok and Wasp.

Their portrayal was good.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Aug 7th, 2014 11:19 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

yeah, them hooking up was a bit unexpected but i thought it worked pretty well. lol but really? poor kang.... all the work of some 20 issues then it gets busted up in less than half a book. oi. may be interesting to see what happens to sunfire and what his new power level is going to be. i also hope they try and clarify a little bit just what wanda is and isn't capable of. her power level is such a convenient plot device and it's as confusing as sh!t!

Old Post Aug 7th, 2014 12:19 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

just finished new avengers. in doing some research for my bz with phil, i read over some older avengers books from the time namor was an avengers. i also have most of namor's solo series' and even some of the old invaders.

i utterly and in all ways DESPISE what new avengers has made namor into.... the first and mightiest mutant, one of marvel's original heroes and he's a murderous a$$hole who suddenly hates...seemingly everything and is apparently beyond any redemption. f u marvel.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2014 09:02 PM
-K-M-

We ever going to get closer with Validator?

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 7th, 2014 10:27 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

quote: (post)
Originally posted by leonidas
just finished new avengers. in doing some research for my bz with phil, i read over some older avengers books from the time namor was an avengers. i also have most of namor's solo series' and even some of the old invaders.

i utterly and in all ways DESPISE what new avengers has made namor into.... the first and mightiest mutant, one of marvel's original heroes and he's a murderous a$$hole who suddenly hates...seemingly everything and is apparently beyond any redemption. f u marvel.

In Namor's defense he had ordererd the Atlanteeans to not attack Wakanda, a difficult enough task in its own right, and offered them an olive branch of peace. And then Black Panther doesn't even inform him of the sneak-attack that basically tore Atlantis apart.

They're turning him into a real bastard, but I'm honestly on his side in this conflict. Maybe this means that I'm as much of a monster as he is stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 8th, 2014 12:54 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

hrm, yeah, i can see your point. i guess he just seems to be such a b!tch in the series is all. he really hasn't contributed much of anything. tbh i can't understand why he's even a member. he's had very few good showings (none?) in the series. since the whole p5 debacle he just seems.....directionless. and that last issue where bp seemed to have the drop on him just made it even worse and he seriously seems to have gone round the bend. seems like they are heading towards making him a villain--which isn't new for him, but his character really seems to have suffered over the course of the last couple years imo and i'd love to see a redemption story, or at LEAST see him kick bp's a$$.

on bp--i feel marvel has done the same thing for him that they did for iron fist, namely push him needlessly above his station. he (like iron fist at one time) was among my faves. now he's turned from solid high street to walking plot device high META, taking down black dwarf 1on1. marvel has a way of powering up characters who were just FINE the way they were. thanos is the ultimate example. ironic then that NAMOR hasn't undergone any such change, aside from character issues. if someone was deserving of a power push, it would be cool to see namor somehow get one.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2014 01:10 PM
krisblaze

^Your comment about the post P5 namor being directionless applies to Marvel as a whole laughing

I agree that they're showing their hand a bit much when it comes to possibly making Namor a villain. He's so far beyond that role at this point. All his years in the F4 comics, and even the recent stuff in his own miniseries, Brubaker's Winter-Soldier series and the new Defenders stuff just paints the picture of a character who's developed beyond all that nonsense. Hickman should know better!

I also agree with BP, though I always feel like he's had something of a jobber-aura. I always liked T'challa, but I really, really hated the new run with his sister or whatever. I think Iron Fist and BP are slightly different though, as Iron Fist was just Faction going off as he does at times (and writing a decent comic as he seldom does laughing ), whereas Black Panther's just being taken to unreasonable heights without anything tangible backing him. He's turning into a gary-stu real fast at this point sad

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Aug 8th, 2014 01:17 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

on less of a downer note here are a couple discussion topics to keep the thread going in between issues:

1. if you could pick a team of 7 avengers, who would they be? they can be any group of characters, past or present and they do not need to have been on the team before.

my own team would be this: hercules, gladiator, wasp, pym, cap, iron man and a psi, but the ones i'd like most have been f'd by being depowered. i'd love to see x-man get some spotlight, or emma. emma and jan would have some hilarious interactions imo.

2. which character has benefited most do you think from their time in the avengers?

3. worst idea for an avenger ever? or just your least favourite avenger?

4. fave avengers arc of all time?

just some things to try and keep the thread from falling.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2014 01:26 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

lol triple post ftw! i just read the new avengers book as well. does ANYONE have any idea at all what the EFF is going on in that series?? i seem to have completely lost the thread of the story. i did find it....odd that the bomb in cap was able to disable a computer being some 40 000 years more advanced than where it came from.....the visions of the future were interesting but each was so damn bleak, richards appearance aside.... sooooo confusing.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2014 01:30 PM
Warlord
Yes, I am...

on less of a downer note here are a couple discussion topics to keep the thread going in between issues:

1. if you could pick a team of 7 avengers, who would they be? they can be any group of characters, past or present and they do not need to have been on the team before.

my own team would be this: hercules, gladiator, wasp, pym, cap, iron man and a psi, but the ones i'd like most have been f'd by being depowered. i'd love to see x-man get some spotlight, or emma. emma and jan would have some hilarious interactions imo.

2. which character has benefited most do you think from their time in the avengers?

just some things to try and keep the thread from falling.

1. Thor, Ironman, Vision, Wanda, Cap, Quasar and Moondragon or Mantis. With their combined powers they can face prety much anything

2. Hawkeye - he has become somewhat of a synonym to an avenger

3. D - man

4. Vol 3. when Avengers unite again to face Morgana le Fay (can't remember exact name) or the Kree - Skrul war

Old Post Aug 8th, 2014 10:24 PM
Warlord is currently offline Click here to Send Warlord a Private Message Find more posts by Warlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

i'll repost this here, because i think the topic can certainly spark some good conversation...

Originally posted by Endless Mike
Oh yeah, I've got one: Who the **** is "Rabum Alal"?
Originally posted by Galan007
i've got a theory on what this entity is, as i believe that ALL of hickman's work these past few years will ultimately be connected(franklin richards continuously popping up is a glaring sign of that connection--he's the linchpin to it all, imo)...

anywho, per black swan: "at the birth of rabum alal, the early death of everything began" she also stated: "rabum alal... he is impatient and his appetite endless." this is important because back in F4 #600, reed and sue had a conversation with galactus, who stated that the being inside the galactus seed is: "an aberration... eternity seeking to correct something that is not flawed." sue then asked galactus if the being inside the seed would be better than himself. galactus replied: it would not--it would be immature, lacking restraint, and "everything would end... sooner."

that being said, i believe this 'rabum alal' is the being inside the galactus seed. perhaps on an alternate universe, the seed hatched and released the thing inside, which led to the destruction of said universe--and the cascading effect is causing the incursions/'early death of everything'.

to me, this is a sound theory. all of hickman's 'moves' thus far have been extremely calculated and well thought out. i believe the events transpiring in avengers will mark the crescendo of all his efforts.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Aug 29th, 2014 at 08:56 PM

Old Post Aug 29th, 2014 08:49 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

^oh hell yes

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Aug 30th, 2014 12:44 AM
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

hrm, yeah, i can see your point. i guess he just seems to be such a b!tch in the series is all. he really hasn't contributed much of anything. tbh i can't understand why he's even a member. he's had very few good showings (none?) in the series. since the whole p5 debacle he just seems.....directionless. and that last issue where bp seemed to have the drop on him just made it even worse and he seriously seems to have gone round the bend. seems like they are heading towards making him a villain--which isn't new for him, but his character really seems to have suffered over the course of the last couple years imo and i'd love to see a redemption story, or at LEAST see him kick bp's a$$.

on bp--i feel marvel has done the same thing for him that they did for iron fist, namely push him needlessly above his station. he (like iron fist at one time) was among my faves. now he's turned from solid high street to walking plot device high META, taking down black dwarf 1on1. marvel has a way of powering up characters who were just FINE the way they were. thanos is the ultimate example. ironic then that NAMOR hasn't undergone any such change, aside from character issues. if someone was deserving of a power push, it would be cool to see namor somehow get one.

BP beat Black Dwarf on a 1v1?

Old Post Aug 30th, 2014 01:55 AM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

^Yeah he ****ing destroyed her.

One punch basically.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Aug 30th, 2014 09:24 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by krisblaze
^oh hell yes
you think it makes sense?

Old Post Aug 30th, 2014 04:06 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

My seven would be: Hawkeye, Pym, Wasp, Black Knight, Vision, Hercules and Wiccan. Hilarity insues.

2. which character has benefited most do you think from their time in the avengers?.

Luke Cage.

Probably Doctor Strange, I love the character but he makes for a poor Avenger.

Iron-Lad, because he's actually Kang eek!

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: In truth is Pym

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Aug 31st, 2014 06:00 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Anyone reading Avengers World?

I was wondering what's up with Black Knight right now. Also, could anyone get me scans of the cameo of Kang/Immortus in Avengers 34?

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2014 05:58 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

i follow a-world here and there... not consistently, though.

i *think* this is the kang/immortus scene you're looking for:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 4th, 2014 01:13 AM
Bentley
Seitei

Thanks Galan.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2014 04:53 AM