KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Philosophy Forum » Perfect age

Perfect age
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

Perfect age

I read something earlier...

quote:
13 is the age where we think we know everything. 16 is the age where we KNOW we do."

Made me laugh, thinking back on me at those ages. Ah, the teen age years...!

Whats the perfect age or age group in your opinion?

Old Post Jul 7th, 2014 01:54 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Had this hanging in my office:

TEENAGERS!

If You Are Tired of Being Hassled by Unreasonable Parents:
NOW IS THE TIME FOR ACTION!

Leave Home and Pay Your Own Way
WHILE YOU STILL KNOW EVERYTHING!

That aside (and broadly speaking): 8-11 are the prime kid years, imo. Old enough to "go out and do stuff," yet still young enough to be regarded as "just a kid."

Early-mid 20s is great in terms of physical prowess. 40s is great in terms of coming to terms with yourself, appreciating your strengths and accepting your flaws. Beyond mid 40s...for a man, you reach the top of the "wisdom/authoritative" food chain: you become The Elder Male.

As for a woman, I'll just say this: the perfect combo of youth/beauty and experience/confidence is a woman in her 40s. Younger may have the better body (and more narcissism), but "sexy" is ultimately a state of mind; and confidence, the kind that comes with years and experience, is very sexy.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Last edited by Mindship on Jul 7th, 2014 at 04:50 PM

Old Post Jul 7th, 2014 04:44 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Good post!
I love your teen agers quote...smile

Old Post Jul 7th, 2014 09:11 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I Hate Bane
Restricted

Account Restricted

Mid 20 people are great to talk with.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2014 09:16 PM
I Hate Bane is currently offline Click here to Send I Hate Bane a Private Message Find more posts by I Hate Bane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

You have maturity, experience, on average more stability than as a teen, depending on parents, or 20s, making your mark.
The whole age group, 30 to 39, really. At 40 you enter a whole other era, but the 30 something decade is just right.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2014 04:54 AM
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Every age till you can't get your dick up anymoresmile

Old Post Jul 8th, 2014 05:21 AM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Late 30's.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jul 8th, 2014 05:32 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Time Immemorial

I peaked an hour ago?!?!(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 8th, 2014 10:54 AM
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by riv6672
I peaked an hour ago?!?!

And I have the pics to prove it. wink

Old Post Jul 9th, 2014 05:48 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Oh you poor man!eek!

Old Post Jul 9th, 2014 12:03 PM
rudester
Tommy

Originally posted by Time Immemorial
lol but 60 to 70 not that many people want u...limited

Old Post Nov 25th, 2014 05:24 AM
rudester is currently offline Click here to Send rudester a Private Message Find more posts by rudester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

"Compounding these trickster aspects, the Joker ethos is verbally explicated as such by his psychiatrist, who describes his madness as "super-sanity." Where "sanity" previously suggested acquiescence with cultural codes, the addition of "super" implies that this common "sanity" has been replaced by a superior form, in which perception and processing are completely ungoverned and unconstrained"

Old Post Nov 27th, 2014 12:22 AM
KillaKassara is currently offline Click here to Send KillaKassara a Private Message Find more posts by KillaKassara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

(+++...) | ∅ = {ℕ | } = {ω | } = ω + 1.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2014 03:01 AM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Astner
(+++...) | ∅ = {ℕ | } = {ω | } = ω + 1.
Just before that age.

At 11 you have your child-like mentality, which you can return to at any age, but you also haven't undergone the size changes associated with puberty and in this day and age that is not a good change for most people due to excess leptin.

When you're a child in mentality, you're fearless. You can only chase your dream, that makes for someone who has it made. It's the law of attraction.

"Compounding these trickster aspects, the Joker ethos is verbally explicated as such by his psychiatrist, who describes his madness as "super-sanity." Where "sanity" previously suggested acquiescence with cultural codes, the addition of "super" implies that this common "sanity" has been replaced by a superior form, in which perception and processing are completely ungoverned and unconstrained"

Old Post Nov 27th, 2014 03:03 AM
KillaKassara is currently offline Click here to Send KillaKassara a Private Message Find more posts by KillaKassara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Originally posted by Oneness
Just before that age.

What age is ω + 1?

Old Post Nov 27th, 2014 02:31 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Re: Perfect age

Originally posted by riv6672
I read something earlier...

Made me laugh, thinking back on me at those ages. Ah, the teen age years...!

Whats the perfect age or age group in your opinion?

From what I've heard, 25 is about the age where our brains stop growing.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2014 11:02 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Perfect age

Originally posted by Omega Vision
That is very true.

It was in my psychology class. I'd do college, if I couldn't learn everything I could learn in college and them some through the internet and library resources and if a degree was actually worth more than the entrepreneurship my mother's business already offers me.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2014 11:29 PM
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Re: Re: Perfect age

Originally posted by Omega Vision

That's when the second growth spurt ends and yes, in that period it's easier to adapt, but you're looking at it wrong. The brain isn't a muscle that gets better the bigger or denser the muscle fibers are.

The brain is a dynamic organ; and you can in fact learn to learn quicker and better, regardless of age. That's why mathematicians don't reach their prime until they start suffering from dementia.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2014 11:53 PM