KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Sidious vs Sith Strike Team

Darth Sidious vs Sith Strike Team
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NewGuy01
perpetual

It should be obvious they were caught off guard by it. Hell, in the original scene, Maul had done the same thing to Palpatine later on, but it was cut for time.

And yeah, if Dooku ends up alone, he's finished.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2014 02:44 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

If it was merely a push that would be fine, but he was holding them down and they were unable to break free.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Jul 10th, 2014 02:45 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthSith500
It's pretty obvious that they were trying to breake free from Sidious' hold.

It's harder to wrench a pushing sword out of your gut than to block it in the first place.

If your defenses are broken or non-existent, there is little you can do to counter a telekinetic assault.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2014 02:45 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Originally posted by NewGuy01
It's harder to wrench a pushing sword out of your gut than to block it in the first place.

If your defenses are broken or non-existent, there is little you can do to counter a telekinetic assault.

I could then just as easily bring up the second portion of the fight where Sidious ragdolls Maul and is laughing his ass off.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Jul 10th, 2014 02:48 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

It should be obvious they were caught off guard by it. Hell, in the original scene, Maul had done the same thing to Palpatine later on, but it was cut for time.

And yeah, if Dooku ends up alone, he's finished.

The problem is that, per Filoni's consistent commentary, the entire point of the duel was to show that Sidious outclassed the Zabraks utterly. That segment may have been removed due to more than just time constraints.

And as has been pointed out, the brothers visibly struggled to free themselves and couldn't. Sidious is tremendously more powerful than they are.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2014 02:48 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

You mean like Caedus was powerful enough to break free of Luke? I seem to recall Luke couldn't simply ragdoll him.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2014 02:49 PM
The_Tempest

You mean like Caedus was powerful enough to break free of Luke? I seem to recall Luke couldn't simply ragdoll him.

Actually, Luke did ragdoll Caedus in Inferno, pinning him to his chair pretty effortlessly.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2014 02:49 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

That's exactly what I'm referring to. He was never able to do anything remotely similar to that in a combat scenario where Caedus was prepared.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2014 02:51 PM
The_Tempest

That's exactly what I'm referring to. He was never able to do that in a combat scenario where Caedus was prepared.

The only fought once, I believe, after that, and it featured a pissed off Luke who was actively seeking a brutal, ugly brawl.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2014 02:52 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

That's a poor excuse. It was a bloodlusted Luke who IIRC even directly noted that he wanted to end the battle as quickly as possible.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2014 02:54 PM
The_Tempest

StarWars.com: Can you talk about Maul and Savage versus Sidious? How you depicted it onscreen and the choreography and how it came about?

Dave Filoni: Well, that was definitely one of our biggest challenges, Maul and Savage versus Sidious, because we wanted to have an epic lightsaber fight. We hadn’t really had a big one in awhile, and I really thought this is our chance to show everyone why Sidious is the Sith Lord. Why no one can compete with this guy.

What was great was that we had two massive sword fights in a row. We had Vizsla versus Maul, and then we had Maul and Savage versus Sidious. You can do a bit of your own Palpatine-ing there with your artists and get them competing with one another to be the most dynamic, as far as staging goes. And that’s totally what I did. I pitted them against each other. [Laughs] I really wanted it to be this exciting, dynamic fight, and we had special meetings devoted just to the style of the fight and the staging of the fight. And with a little bit of research, Kilian Plunkett and I realized that Sidious probably had two lightsabers. Because he fights Mace Windu [in Revenge of the Sith] and then loses his lightsaber, and then he has another one when he fights Yoda. And when we researched it in the archive, fans would be excited to know that we actually found that there were two lightsaber hilts. They’re very similar, but there are slight color differences and things between them. So we thought that gave us all the leverage we needed to have him fight with two lightsabers, which I think turned it into a really exciting, phenomenal battle. Like everything we do, it was actually tremendously longer, and we had to cut it much shorter to actually get it onscreen. But the fight inside the palace was probably three or four times as long between Sidious and them, and then when they went outside, I tried to keep as much of that intact as possible, but they fought a longer duel up on the balcony, as well.

The Vizsla fight, if you can believe it, was actually longer, too. And it’s hard to believe, because I kept cutting that thing down and cutting it down. At the end of the day, with Sidious, nobody was really going to be able to touch him. He had to be the strongest, most dangerous guy. And you could see at a certain point, he just puts his lightsabers away at the end of the fight and says, “I’m done with this,” and goes in and mauls Maul, so to speak. I love the part where Maul begs at the end, because that’s the thing about Sith. At the end of the day, if you break them…

StarWars.com: They’re very afraid.

Dave gets it.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2014 02:54 PM
The_Tempest

That's a poor excuse. It was a bloodlusted Luke who IIRC even directly noted that he wanted to end the battle as quickly as possible.

Nah. In fact, he muses when Caedus lands a blow on him: "Good. This was supposed to hurt."

Old Post Jul 10th, 2014 02:55 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Again, never denied that the brother's alone don't truly have a chance against him. Neither does Count Dooku.

With them and Dooku it's a different story, though.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2014 02:56 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by DarthSith500
Prove it.

It's a self-proving statement. In actual combat with Jacen, he was unable to replicate.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2014 02:57 PM
The_Tempest

Again, never denied that the brother's alone don't truly have a chance against him. Neither does Count Dooku.

With them and Dooku it's a different story, though.

And I'd agree if not for the fact that we see Sidious is capable of ragdolling these fools with impunity. If Sidious is barred from using the Force offensively, the team would take a majority. If not, I don't see them winning.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2014 02:59 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Throwing around logic like that, anyone can make ridiculous assertions and throw out that line.

Anakin admittedly has power far more vast than Dooku's as depicted in LoE. He should thus be able to ragdoll the Count. Just because he has never done this doesn't mean he's incapable, after all.

It's stupidity. Luke fought Caedus, and nothing indicated he could casually dismiss him with the Force if he wished. It is your claim that is unsupported.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2014 03:06 PM
Q99

Can I point out that a lot of the time, characters have been 'ragdolled' with the force and then gotten up again? It matters much less in a team fight than a one-on-one.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2014 03:08 PM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Originally posted by Q99
Can I point out that a lot of the time, characters have been 'ragdolled' with the force and then gotten up again? It matters much less in a team fight than a one-on-one.

Two of these three (I'll be generous enough to exclude Sidious throttling Dooku from halfway across the galaxy) were "ragdolled" and survived only because Sidious let them go. Why should I assume that he can't just clench his fist and crush their spines?

I don't know why this is so difficult for you to fathom. If it helps, pretend Krayt is here instead of Sidious and has the same feats to his name. thumb up

Old Post Jul 10th, 2014 03:15 PM
Arhael
Devoid of reality

Originally posted by The_Tempest
Two of these three (I'll be generous enough to exclude Sidious throttling Dooku from halfway across the galaxy) were "ragdolled" and survived only because Sidious let them go. Why should I assume that he can't just clench his fist and crush their spines?

Pinned against wall, not ragdolled. No proof he would be able to do more than just pin them. He might as well let them go because it wouldn't finished them and he would get tired otherwise. You know, people can get very different impression of the same thing.

And appreciate your generosity. After all Dooku did not try to break Force choke.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2014 04:14 PM
Click here to Send Arhael a Private Message Find more posts by Arhael Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Originally posted by Arhael
Pinned against wall, not ragdolled. No proof he would be able to do more than just pin them. He might as well let them go because it wouldn't finished them and he would get tired otherwise. You know, people can get very different impression of the same thing.

Since the pinning was performed with no visible effort, why should I assume that that's all he could do to them? erm

Originally posted by Arhael
And appreciate your generosity. After all Dooku did not try to break Force choke.

Of course not. Dooku's just into that sort of thing. smile

Old Post Jul 10th, 2014 04:20 PM