KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Assemble a strike team vs Vitiate

Assemble a strike team vs Vitiate
Started by: Q99

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
S_W_LeGenD

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sinious
Well if this is your logic, like I said, Zannah could kill this team as well.

No.

Zannah cannot summon tendrils sorcery in every setting. In addition, tendrils can be dodged and she cannot fill an entire area with tendrils.

Common sense lets me see it. It is like saying Nihilus can solo the ones cause the ones didn't show any feats to prove that they can survive his drain.

The Ones are virtually immortal. I don't think Force Drain can undo this.

He can focus on the strike team all at once. He would fail though.

Not necessarily.

Hmm, their defensive powers maybe?

Yes, but Emperor have demonstrated the capability to overwhelm defenses of prodigiously talented Force-users. He is possibly the greatest master of sorcery to grace the mythos.

Are you saying that Sidious and Plagueis lack enough power to be considered in "quality" type combatants?

They are quality individuals. They can strike down Emperor Vitiate, they have the speed and martial abilities to pull this off.

My point is that Sidious and Plagueis have limits as well. If they find themselves defending against overwhelming powers of Emperor Vitiate, they are in danger of getting overwhelmed as well.

You've answered it yourself. They wouldn't let Vitiate charge his attacks and it would come to 2-3 of them cornering him with their saber attacks. Vitiate doesn't stand a chance once 2 of them comes close enough to strike with sabers and this is inevitable since he has no prep or chance to charge and could hold them off for so long.

I have stated before that this Team packs sufficient conventional punch to defeat Emperor Vitiate. However, it can flop as well, Emperor doesn't have noticeable limitations at unleashing destructive powers and can build pressure on the entire Strike Team. I am just being realistic about this battle on the whole.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Jul 13th, 2014 at 05:19 PM

Old Post Jul 13th, 2014 05:14 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Exar Kun, Ulic Qel Droma, Arca Jeth and Nomi sunrider. two battle meditations boosting swordsmen that are only equal to each other. Vitiate is dead

No

Old Post Jul 13th, 2014 05:17 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Jeth dispelled the dark side in Nadd's tomb, he could provide support and with Nomi's battle med there is nothing to suggest Vit doesn't get speedblitzed.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jul 13th, 2014 05:18 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD

Zannah cannot summon tendrils sorcery in every setting. In addition, tendrils can be dodged and she cannot fill an entire area with tendrils.

The Ones are virtually immortal. I don't think Force Drain can undo this.

Exactly. Just like Vitiate cannot mind crush DE Sidious, Plagueis, Tenebrous and Count Dooku at the same time.

quote:

Yes, but Emperor have demonstrated the capability to overwhelm defenses of prodigiously talented Force-users. He is possibly the greatest master of sorcery to grace the mythos.

He has never defeated a strike team like this. The worst he ever faced doesn't even come close. (Not including the preped ones)

quote:

They are quality individuals. They can strike down Emperor Vitiate, they have the speed and martial abilities to pull this off.

My point is that Sidious and Plagueis have limits as well. If they find themselves defending against overwhelming powers of Emperor Vitiate, they are in danger of getting overwhelmed as well.

So does Vitiate. I know that you're giving credit to the team. Well what I am arguing here is that whether he has a chance or not and Vitiate does not stand a chance against such a team.

quote:
I have stated before that this Team packs sufficient conventional punch to defeat Emperor Vitiate. However, it can flop as well, Emperor doesn't have noticeable limitations at unleashing destructive powers and can build pressure on the entire Strike Team. I am just being realistic about this battle on the whole.

Sidious has no combat related limitations that Vitiate is above of and has the advantage of insane lightsaber mastery. With his 3 sith buddies aiding him, I don't see how you can assume Vitiate might actually win this.

Last edited by Sinious on Jul 13th, 2014 at 05:34 PM

Old Post Jul 13th, 2014 05:31 PM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by carthage
Jeth dispelled the dark side in Nadd's tomb, he could provide support and with Nomi's battle med there is nothing to suggest Vit doesn't get speedblitzed.

The HoT has superior speed feats than any of them and she couldn't blitz a weakened Vitiate with her lightsaber a foot from his face.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2014 05:33 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Yeah, but he wasn't boosted by battle med in this scenario. With battle med HoT might be able to as well

Exar can counter his sorcery and spam him with blasts, and Ulic can deliver a killing blow while Arca provides support. It'd be a hard fought battle but Fated's team should be able to do it.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jul 13th, 2014 05:37 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Exactly. Just like Vitiate cannot mind crush DE Sidious, Plagueis, Tenebrous and Count Dooku at the same time.

So telepathic powers and tendrils are same thing? You are not making any sense here.

How did Emperor Vitiate telepathically subjugate Revan and Malak simultaneously? (With a fraction of his power I may add)

He has never defeated a strike team like this. The worst he ever faced doesn't even come close. (Not including the preped ones)

Sith Strike Team led by Darth Lokess should be equally good if not better.

So does Vitiate. I know that you're giving credit to the team. Well what I am arguing here is that whether he has a chance or not and Vitiate does not stand a chance against such a team.

Your argument is flawed.

Once again, what is stopping Emperor Vitiate from engulfing the entire Strike Team with his destructive powers?

Sidious has no combat related limitations that Vitiate is above and has the advantage of insane lightsaber mastery. With his 3 sith buddies aiding him, I don't see how you can assume Vitiate might actually win this.

Darth Sidious does have limitations. Darth Plagueis could defeat him in a battle. I am sure Emperor Vitiate can defeat Darth Sidious too. Numbers are an advantage but Emperor Vitiate have demonstrated the capability to subdue whole Strike Teams of powerful Force-users with his powers. What further evidence do you need?

The (fanon) no-limits fallacy for Darth Sidious makes no sense and neither you can ever expect me to subscribe to this belief. I am being realistic.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2014 05:39 PM
S_W_LeGenD

Yeah, but he wasn't boosted by battle med in this scenario. With battle med HoT might be able to as well

Exar can counter his sorcery and spam him with blasts, and Ulic can deliver a killing blow while Arca provides support. It'd be a hard fought battle but Fated's team should be able to do it.

So Emperor Vitiate will just stand and let the members of the Strike Team do whatever it wants?

Recheck Emperor's encounter with the Jedi Strike Team led by Tol Braga. Emperor swiftly engulfed the entire Strike Team with his powers. After this, no individual managed to get close to him. Two Jedi were incapacitated immediately and two others did not last more then few seconds.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Jul 13th, 2014 at 05:51 PM

Old Post Jul 13th, 2014 05:43 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Bane, Zannah, Cognus, and Worror.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Jul 13th, 2014 05:45 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

No but Kun is way more than a match for Vitiate if he's prepped as well. He's got force drain, tendrils, and blasts which destroyed portions of Sadow's temple and disintegrated beings. Vitiate alone would be hard pressed to deal with him.

Ulic is faster than Braga (he's dodged blaster bolts) and his force shields have tanked his cannons. Not to mention amped by battle med, how is he going to counter a man who can blow up a building with sorcery and a premier swordsman.

And this strike team is much weaker than the one Sinious came up with

Old Post Jul 13th, 2014 05:47 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Anyway

My team would be Thanaton, Zannah, Malgus, and Sadow

Sadow could battle med Zannah could support the team with force shields, and Thanaton could provide support as well as fight alongside Malgus.

Maybe a little less effective than the other team I made, and there would be casualties. But they should win a majority imo

Old Post Jul 13th, 2014 05:48 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Kun's tendrils aren't that great tbh.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!

Old Post Jul 13th, 2014 05:49 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

They've never been used but in theory should be just as good as Zannah's imo

Zannah had an amp in Ambria when she used them, all Kun did was show Duron how to use them

Old Post Jul 13th, 2014 05:49 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

They've never been used but in theory should be just as good as Zannah's imo

Zannah had an amp in Ambria when she used them, all Kun did was show Duron how to use them

No. When used on a nexus, they couldn't even disintegrate anything.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2014 05:51 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Well she doesn't know blasts. stick out tongue

Also he was a spirit so the tendrils (in theory) wouldn't be as powerful

Old Post Jul 13th, 2014 05:52 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Well she doesn't know blasts. stick out tongue

Was never arguing that she did.

Everyone seems to have their own little areas within Sith Sorcery that they focus on.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2014 05:52 PM
S_W_LeGenD

No but Kun is way more than a match for Vitiate if he's prepped as well. He's got force drain, tendrils, and blasts which destroyed portions of Sadow's temple and disintegrated beings. Vitiate alone would be hard pressed to deal with him.

Exar Kun doesn't holds a candle to Emperor Vitiate in power and mastery of the dark side. Exar Kun is not powerful enough to subdue big Strike Teams of powerful Force-users, neither he can manipulate the Force in ways like Emperor Vitiate can. As far as blasts are concerned, Emperor Vitiate can unleash such powers with bare hands (He on-shotted my Level 55 character with a Force blast during one of my playthroughs to give you an idea). Emperor Vitiate also have collapsed structures and disintegrated opponents with his powers.

Bigger issue is how Exar Kun would cope with destructive powers of Emperor Vitiate, the former isn't going to last long. Revan have demonstrated superior defensive abilities then Exar Kun and he was utterly outgunned by Emperor Vitiate.

Ulic is faster than Braga (he's dodged blaster bolts) and his force shields have tanked his cannons. Not to mention amped by battle med, how is he going to counter a man who can blow up a building with sorcery and a premier swordsman.

I am sure Braga is capable of dodging blaster bolts and tank lot of firepower. Braga is among the strongest and most resolute Jedi of the Order and this indicates that he have formidable capabilities.

And this strike team is much weaker than the one Sinious came up with

No

Every member of the Strike Team led by Tol Braga is officially one of the strongest and most resolute Jedi of the Order. And HoT is Yoda level.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2014 06:07 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

LOL Braga's a dumbass though. He may be skilled and powerful, but he can be really ****ing stupid.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2014 06:09 PM
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Bane, Zannah, Cognus, and Worror.

Good team but not good enough.

Worror will be non-factor. The other 3 are unlikely to withstand destructive powers of Emperor Vitiate for long.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2014 06:11 PM
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by Emperordmb
LOL Braga's a dumbass though. He may be skilled and powerful, but he can be really ****ing stupid.

His beliefs may have been extreme but he is a force to be reckoned with in battle.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2014 06:12 PM