KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Assemble a strike team vs Vitiate

Assemble a strike team vs Vitiate
Started by: Q99

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
S_W_LeGenD

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sinious
Well, I don't wanna sound like Carthage but this is Vitate without prep and you must admit that there is a big difference when he is not prepped. He is still insanely powerful but claiming that he has a chance against DE Sidious, Plagueis, Tenebrous and Count Dooku is just illogical.

I am not sure if Sidious (DE) have been considered.

Also, I don't get the preparation argument either. What kind of preparation?

Originally posted by Sinious
You've already admitted that Sidious vs Vitiate is a close one and it could go either ways right? So, Im starting to think that you're underrating the other 3 sith so much that you believe that they wouldn't make any difference against Vitiate. Is this the case? (Just asking to understand your logic)

Also, I've never said that Sidious has no limits. I just said Sidious isn't less capable in combats.

I am not underrating any Sith.

I am focusing on the greater dynamics. Emperor Vitiate can unleash vastly destructive Force powers, he have demonstrated the capability to crash entire Dark Council. Some Force powers/techniques are simply too much to handle. Force Storm (Wormhole) is an example.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2014 08:28 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by Emperordmb
This strike team is superior to the one in his fortress by a considerable margin.

You are stretching it now.

Each member of the Jedi Strike Team led by Tol Braga is among the strongest and most resolute Jedi of the Order. It is likely that each have formidable capabilities and talents. Conventionally, a Jedi Strike Team of this caliber should be able to take care of most threats in the galaxy.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2014 08:31 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
I am not sure if Sidious (DE) have been considered.

Also, I don't get the preparation argument either. What kind of preparation?

Since any version of Sidious isn't specified, it is his peak version which is DE Sidious.

Well, he is a master at sorcery and charging his powers before combat. He gathered the council to eliminate them and pulled off something far above his general feats. It is obvious that he boosted his powers to such an extend. The ritual in Natemha must have had great impact on his capability to multiply his powers through certain preparations.

quote:

I am not underrating any Sith.

I am focusing on the greater dynamics. Emperor Vitiate can unleash vastly destructive Force powers, he have demonstrated the capability to crash entire Dark Council. Some Force powers/techniques are simply too much to handle. Force Storm (Wormhole) is an example.

Again, he won't have the time to charge like that. He will have to use quick attacks and he'll be overwhelmed at some point. Unlike him, the team can separate a bit and the other 3 sith can hold him off while Sidious charges something deadly. So this argument only proves you wrong.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2014 09:56 PM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by Nephthys
Scourge states that he could have defeated the Hero and Sajar together on Quesh, yet the Hero alone defeats him a single planet later.

Moral of the story? Scourge was proven wrong, his opinions are not infallible.

The Hero states that she's grown considerably between her fights with the Emperor.

When?

I am not denying the possibility of HoT's further power progression by the time he confronted Emperor Vitiate for the second time. HoT would have further grown in power but my contention is that he cannot realistically grow considerably in power in a short span of time.

Plus you forget that while the Hero was under Vitiates control she was training.

HoT acquired command of dark side?

Many times in the mythos, prodigies have grown very quickly.

Quickly still translates to years.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2014 11:24 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

By what? Scourge says this after you recruit him.
quote:

When?

I am not denying the possibility of HoT's further power progression by the time he confronted Emperor Vitiate for the second time. HoT would have further grown in power but my contention is that he cannot realistically grow considerably in power in a short span of time.

They say it throughout Chapter 3 and to Satele towards the finale.
quote:

Are you assuming that they were learning something else on the Emperor's Space Station? Either way, they had used Dark Side energy, hence the red coloration during the cutscene.
quote:

It's been almost a year in game. Similar growth happens in the mythos, even during this small time frame.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2014 11:30 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Scourge states this after the Hero had beaten him. By that time he would be well aware of the Hero's strength. He would have to be fairly certain he could have defeated her previously. He obviously sensed her power at the time and knew it was not enough.

When?

Before the attack on the Dark Temple. She claims to be stronger than the first time she fought Vitiate.

And that contention is wrong. Bane grew considerably in mere months, so did Jaden Korr, Galen Marek, Revan etc. Nox goes from an untrained slave to beating Jedi Masters in under a year.

While turned to it by Vitiate, yes. Unknown if she retained any grasp of the dark side after shaking off his domination though.

Try weeks or months. The Hero had plenty of time to grow.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2014 11:37 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Legacy team:

T'ra Saa (Grand Master battle meditator)
Cade Skywalker (Skywalkers never hurt)
Celeste Morne (Used to keeping powerful sith out of her head, the Muur talisman can be a nice surprise)
Roan Fel

Very power battlemeditator, probably the strongest one. Skywalker, Morne with her necklace, and another force-powerful strong blade. I think they should at least be able to give a good fight of it.

Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Exar Kun, Ulic Qel Droma, Arca Jeth and Nomi sunrider. two battle meditations boosting swordsmen that are only equal to each other. Vitiate is dead

I think it'll work.

I'd replace Ulic with Thom, just to be absolutely sure of having a force edge, but similar idea.

The HoT has superior speed feats than any of them and she couldn't blitz a weakened Vitiate with her lightsaber a foot from his face.

But, one, that's a single sword wielder, and two, this is with two very powerful people giving force support. Even if it's not a blitz I think they'll win.

Nomi and Arca together should be able to prevent him from using the force to dictate the battle.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2014 01:34 AM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Originally posted by Stigma
Kenobi, Anakin, Maul and Savage

Nah

Yeah.

Another teams that can take Vitiate down:

Mother Talzin, Maul, Ventress, Grevious

Last edited by Stigma on Jul 15th, 2014 at 08:07 AM

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 08:02 AM
Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote