KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Assemble a Strike Team against Prepped Vitiate

Assemble a Strike Team against Prepped Vitiate
Started by: Nephthys

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
S_W_LeGenD

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Beniboybling
It can't take that much time if he can deploy it in the midst of combat, any longer than seconds and Luke would have stopped him surely.

The Sith Emperor would still be in trouble, its not as if he has anywhere to run.

Sidious had ample time to summon Force Storm (Wormhole), it is not even clear at what point he summoned this power and how long this process took.

I have the source and can post scans but its an entire comic.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2014 08:36 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Beniboybling
But assuming Sidious sees the attack coming, he can raise a shield. We don't know that if the DC council had raised a shield the attack would have failed.

Yes of course if you gather your energies over a long time you can pull of more powerful feats that if you fire them off immediately. But that's still not making the Sith Emperor any more powerful than he is. The Sith Emperor will have to grind Sidious down and Sidious will have time to gather his energies as well.

And Sidious doesn't need much time to get to lvl 6, he can pull of Force Storms in seconds. That is an immense amount of power in an instant.

Well in the end we don't know exactly what is was, so I'll take all the pointers I can get. Nothing else I can think of suits as well as that. I think the lack of apparency was intended to create mystery, clearly they didn't want people to know what exactly happened. Sorcery can involve Alter enviroment.

*shrug* It was coming his way though, eventually it would be right on top of then both surely? And then what. Maybe Sidious was getting desperate, I don't know. But this is Darth Sidious we are talking about, the guy can gosh darn fly.

Didn't you already say they would be offering a defense? I doubt Sidious' shield eclipses even their combined passive defense.

I never said it made him more powerful than he is, I said that it would overpower Sidious regardless of whether he is or not. Why would he have to grind him down if his attack one-shots him? And why would Vitiate allow Sidious to gather his energies even if he survives his initial attack. He'd continue to pour on the pressure and overwhelm the greatly weakened Sidious.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but my impression was that the Force Storm actually doesn't require a ton of power to perform. Probably a lot of it, but not close to how much you'd need to destroy fleets conventionally.

Well whatever man, I'll clear up this line of reasoning and say that they fight takes place on the steps of the Citadel so it's a moot point.

And then presumably both the twins and Sidious would get consumed by it, but Sidious would "survive" in his spirit form and come back some way. I mean, it's not as if he can fly in space. wink

My point is that it's not an attack that Sidious can safely use in a duel. So he's not going to be able to use it in this fight.

Also I banned Force Storm in the OP nah nah nah nah nahnah! stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 18th, 2014 10:35 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

Originally posted by Nephthys
Yes... the Dark Council taken out by a common explosion. Seems legit.

"Common explosion?" Not very common if it killed the dark council. The jedi council was decimated by explosions and blaster fire. Your quote definitely left something in the way of proof to be desired. Do you have anything else?

Old Post Jul 19th, 2014 02:16 AM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

In a time when their senses were dulled by the cloud of the darkside and they were completely unsuspecting of the clones. And they were all killed separately. Not a good comparison.

It doesn't matter. If Vitiate has anything that can kill an entire Dark Council, he can use it in the thread. Explosive or Force power, its all the same.

Though it's obviously a Force power. If it was an explosion is would say its one. All it says is that it was a sudden flash. A flash is not as explosion, obviously. Unless you think they were flash-banged. erm

Old Post Jul 19th, 2014 02:35 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by truejedi
"Common explosion?" Not very common if it killed the dark council. The jedi council was decimated by explosions and blaster fire. Your quote definitely left something in the way of proof to be desired. Do you have anything else?

How are you even comparing Order 66 and this event?

Basically a Sith Strike Team led by Darth Lokess confronted Emperor Vitiate.

Emperor Vitiate attacked the Sith Strike Team with some kind of dark sorcery or mysterious power. 11 Sith Lords perished on the spot while Darth Lokess survived but lost conscious. Emperor killed her afterwards.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2014 02:46 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

Why do you think a sudden flash means the force? Thats definitely not my first thought. When else has a force attack been accompanied by a flash of light?

Old Post Jul 19th, 2014 03:09 AM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Instead of charging forward, he opened himself up to the Force, letting both the light and the dark side flow through him like twin rushing rivers. But instead of focusing or channeling the Force, he released it in its purest form.
There was brilliant flash as the air between the two combatants lit up. The energy unleashed was powerful enough to send Revan staggering. The Emperor, unprepared and with much of his strength diverted to his effort to dominate Revan’s mind, was sent flying backward.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2014 03:12 AM
truejedi

Thats pretty convincing actually.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2014 03:20 AM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Re: Assemble a Strike Team against Prepped Vitiate

Select a strike team of 4 members to take down Vitiate.

Assuming cooperation:

- Luke Skywalker
- Reborn Palpatine
- UnuThul
- Yoda

GG Vitiate gets absolutely massacred. thumb up

Old Post Jan 19th, 2018 10:38 AM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cs_zoltan

Re: Re: Assemble a Strike Team against Prepped Vitiate

Originally posted by The Ellimist
- Luke Skywalker
- Reborn Palpatine
- UnuThul
- Yoda

Winner is the weakest team that can defeat him.

"You presume limits to our double standards. There are none." - Vitidiots

Old Post Jan 19th, 2018 10:42 AM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

If that's what Ellimist thinks is the weakest team that can defeat him then fair enough.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2018 10:44 AM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Originally posted by cs_zoltan

My mistake.

Probably not the weakest team but:

Luke (Dark Empire)
Leia (Dark Empire)

Leia uses Force harmony / battle meditation from a distance.

smile

Old Post Jan 19th, 2018 10:44 AM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Bane, Zannah, Cognus, and Worror.
agree

Old Post Jan 19th, 2018 10:48 AM
Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote