KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Tekken 7

Tekken 7
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

quote: (post)
Originally posted by 0mega Spawn
1.. kangaroos can box laughing ... seriously though the animal character are obviously joke characters meant for shyts and giggles

2. Devolved gameplay? Introducing the bound system? More moves for every character?

I agree about tekken 4...

Boxing kangaroos and raptors. The super fast, super fat guy isn't meant to be a humorous character? The boxing kangaroos are kangaroos with their own agenda, Kuma is a fighting bear with his own agenda, it's not like they are being put in their by their trainers/masters to compete. What was anime about Miguel?

There aren't anime-esque characters in Street Fighter, KoF, DOA?

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Jul 29th, 2014 12:36 AM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
0mega Spawn
TheWarmestSun

Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Boxing kangaroos and raptors. The super fast, super fat guy isn't meant to be a humorous character? The boxing kangaroos are kangaroos with their own agenda, Kuma is a fighting bear with his own agenda, it's not like they are being put in their by their trainers/masters to compete. What was anime about Miguel?

There aren't anime-esque characters in Street Fighter, KoF, DOA?

the fighting animals are old jokes and nods that stuck similar to the mokujin nod/homage.

Whats so anime about miguel? I don't know maybe his cartoon fighting full of moves in which blast his opponents back and forth across a stage.

Who said anything about street fighter, kof, or doa? confused

My Reality Is Your Imagination.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2014 02:04 AM
0mega Spawn is currently offline Click here to Send 0mega Spawn a Private Message Find more posts by 0mega Spawn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

You did when you brought this up

quote:
its because of gamers like you guys that tekken is becoming a piece of anime crap

Old Post Jul 29th, 2014 06:59 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
0mega Spawn
TheWarmestSun

no expression

Old Post Jul 29th, 2014 10:06 AM
0mega Spawn is currently offline Click here to Send 0mega Spawn a Private Message Find more posts by 0mega Spawn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Thought as much coming from the likes of you.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2014 10:07 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
0mega Spawn
TheWarmestSun

erm

Old Post Jul 29th, 2014 10:10 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Arachnid1
Thats what we were supposed to get. Both studios were working on their own versions last I heard. I guess they discontinued it?

Harada saying its still in the works

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/...ays-Harada.html

Old Post Jul 29th, 2014 10:20 AM
Bro SMASH

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
I'm not talking about the plot. I'm talking about how Kazuya was the focal/'main' character, with Paul being the rival. Heihachi was the antagonist.

Kazuya vs. Jin was the focus for T6. That shit could have been epic (and Jin was pretty kewl acting like an evil warlord), but the actual conflict was handled poorly IMO. Time to move on. A return to Kazuya vs. Heihachi is fine with me. And I really hope Paul is no longer the buffoon he was post-T3.

It seems that all you really want is Kazuya to be the protagonist but at this point, it really doesn't matter. The only reason he was the protagonist in the first game was because he appeared to be a good guy and nobody really knew his intentions or the devil side of him. He's pretty much a full blown villain now while the actual good guys (Jin and Lars) are getting more attention so they'd probably have to change Kazuya's character to make him the main character now.

The whole Paul vs. Kuma feud started in Tekken 2 so it's been there for most of the series and I don't think it's going to change. I also wish Paul wasn't such a goofball he became after Tekken 3. Same thing for Law. They both didn't seem like a comedy duo, which is the right idea but for the wrong characters.

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/358/5/d/ultimate_crossover_by_vanishingwalker-d5kg5ey.jpg

Old Post Jul 29th, 2014 05:07 PM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Originally posted by Bro SMASH
It seems that all you really want is Kazuya to be the protagonist but at this point, it really doesn't matter. The only reason he was the protagonist in the first game was because he appeared to be a good guy and nobody really knew his intentions or the devil side of him. He's pretty much a full blown villain now while the actual good guys (Jin and Lars) are getting more attention so they'd probably have to change Kazuya's character to make him the main character now.

The whole Paul vs. Kuma feud started in Tekken 2 so it's been there for most of the series and I don't think it's going to change. I also wish Paul wasn't such a goofball he became after Tekken 3. Same thing for Law. They both didn't seem like a comedy duo, which is the right idea but for the wrong characters.

You don't have to be 'good' to be a protagonist.

That shit has been done to death with no real progression of any sort plot-wise. Paul beat Kuma I in both T1 & T2, and then Kuma II in T3. Kuma II beats an overconfident Paul in T4. Paul beat Kuma II again in T5. Who knows what happened in T6, but I'm hoping Paul one-shotted Kuma II so they can bloody move on instead of repeating themselves ad nauseam. Plus the dude needs to win a tournament, because he's never going to be important to the overall plot.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Jul 29th, 2014 06:01 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

the fighting animals are old jokes and nods that stuck similar to the mokujin nod/homage.

Whats so anime about miguel? I don't know maybe his cartoon fighting full of moves in which blast his opponents back and forth across a stage.

Is fighting style is pure brawling. You have problems with the physics of the game? You think Miguel is the only character who can knock someone across a screen?

So old jokes and gags are good, new jokes and gags are bad?

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Jul 29th, 2014 11:46 PM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I like most of the new cast in Tekken 6. Didn't play much of the game, but I liked it.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jul 30th, 2014 12:18 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
0mega Spawn
TheWarmestSun

Is fighting style is pure brawling. You have problems with the physics of the game? You think Miguel is the only character who can knock someone across a screen?

So old jokes and gags are good, new jokes and gags are bad?

Most of his moves blast you across the screen wtf have you even played the game?
Thats not a physics problem its his moveset problem.
All characters have moves that can blast their opponent across the screen he however has an abundance of these.

Yes new to jokes and gags are bad when not related to anything and random...and lars stupid azz being important to the story

Old Post Jul 30th, 2014 02:03 AM
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Most of his moves blast you across the screen wtf have you even played the game?
Thats not a physics problem its his moveset problem.
All characters have moves that can blast their opponent across the screen he however has an abundance of these.

Yes new to jokes and gags are bad when not related to anything and random...and lars stupid azz being important to the story

So you're upset because he has more than others? Did you see his ending? That dude was knocking people the hell out and far away.

I'm sorry that the son of Heihachi was important to the story. Well Bob was so good and interesting of a character, that Street Fighter made a character very similar to him. Bob is a very unique and refreshing character to the pool of fighting archetype characters.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Jul 30th, 2014 02:50 AM
0mega Spawn
TheWarmestSun

So you're upset because he has more than others? Did you see his ending? That dude was knocking people the hell out and far away.

I'm sorry that the son of Heihachi was important to the story. Well Bob was so good and interesting of a character, that Street Fighter made a character very similar to him. Bob is a very unique and refreshing character to the pool of fighting archetype characters.

im not upset at anything. Im just pointing out that tekken is slowly changing into anime cartoon mess where morbidly obese men flip about better than the finest acrobat, robot women throw their heads at you and project chainsaws larger than their arm (out of their arm), bosses take up half the screen, a pallet swap of jin with more cartoony movement and anime hair. Tekken has never taken itself too seriously but now its becoming a complete joke

Old Post Jul 30th, 2014 03:04 AM
Demonic Phoenix

So Tekken 7 location testing was done recently.

Most of the updates to the gameplay are discussed here:

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Oct 13th, 2014 06:41 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
0mega Spawn
TheWarmestSun

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
So Tekken 7 location testing was done recently.

Most of the updates to the gameplay are discussed here:

Rage arts? Wtf?
Bounds being removed is the only good new ive heard.
I guess ill be waiting for tekken 8 :sad:

Old Post Oct 18th, 2014 08:29 PM
Tzeentch
#gottem

They're still making these games?

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Oct 19th, 2014 07:30 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

smh

Old Post Oct 19th, 2014 09:33 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

ily, Zack.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Oct 19th, 2014 09:51 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

<3

Old Post Oct 19th, 2014 10:52 PM