KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » The Strain

The Strain
Started by: BlackZero30x

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BlackZero30x
Jack

Yeah, this is becoming one of my must watch shows. When I think Sunday I think The Strain.

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Aug 29th, 2014 04:14 PM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Was not expecting this show to be so good. The story is really coming together. Early on i was skeptical as to how relevant some of the characters were going to be to the story but it's all being laced together quite well.

You sound like ze Jew.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2014 07:33 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

I really like this show.

I wish you were all vampires that I could kill. smile

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Aug 30th, 2014 12:15 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Setrakian is a badass. He's like this shows version of Van Helsing. He's exactly what I envision Van Helsing to be like in Penny Dreadful. Ephriam is a ****ing awesome Nazi vampire villain too. Those two carry this show.

Can stand anyone else. Especially Eph sometimes. I liked him when I started the show too. He's too full of himself now. The dude seriously needs to stop questioning Setrakian.

Good show.

PWNT

Old Post Aug 30th, 2014 01:57 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

You mean Eichhorst.

And Eph is a bit of a dick, but I can understand why. And he's not so much questioning Setrakian as he is questioning things that don't make sense. He's studied for years on how viruses work.

And this one is unlike anything he's ever seen. It's almost magical. Imagine if you were blind your whole life, and you could suddenly see. You know blindness; sight is out of your element.

He's basically trying to make sense in the only way he knows how; but lately he's much more receptive. But the good thing is he's a flawed character and not perfect, which is what a show like this needs.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2014 02:29 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by Arachnid1
Setrakian is a badass. He's like this shows version of Van Helsing. He's exactly what I envision Van Helsing to be like in Penny Dreadful. Ephriam is a ****ing awesome Nazi vampire villain too. Those two carry this show.

Can stand anyone else. Especially Eph sometimes. I liked him when I started the show too. He's too full of himself now. The dude seriously needs to stop questioning Setrakian.

Good show.
That Russian guy is badass.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2014 02:29 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

Originally posted by Mindset
That Russian guy is badass.

you mean The Blob?! lol yeah I like his character also.

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Aug 30th, 2014 05:55 AM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

I felt bad for Vasiliy. He had to kill his boss and his love interest within seconds of each other...right after he found out the girl had a daughter. And his dad is an *******.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2014 07:29 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Russians are used to hardships and disappointment, so don't feel bad for him.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Aug 30th, 2014 08:03 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by Robtard
Russians are used to hardships and disappointment, so don't feel bad for him.
thumb up

Old Post Aug 31st, 2014 08:39 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

christ almighty. goodweather is swiftly becoming the strain's lori. annoying as f*ck... almost unwatchable. thumb down

the russian is evolving into a daryl-lite, though, so it almost balances out. badassery at its finest. thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Sep 1st, 2014 05:54 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Galan007
christ almighty. goodweather is swiftly becoming the strain's lori. annoying as f*ck... almost unwatchable. thumb down

the russian is evolving into a daryl-lite, though, so it almost balances out. badassery at its finest. thumb up
This. Eph, with more of his bullshit.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: My god dude. Stop questioning Van Helsing and learn from him. The first thing the Russian did when he became aware of Setrakians decades of experience was ask questions and learn the best ways to fight them. He also killed Ephs infected friend quick enough like Setrakian wanted, as opposed to joining in on the debate. Massive amount of points to him for being a quick and adaptive learner.

Setrakian being the greatest as usual! Loled at the Russian being the son he deserves. You guys are right. The dudes a badass. He's no Setrakian, but he's a good protege. Those two are the dream team so far.

The episode was cool. It reminded me of that level in RE4 were Leon and Luis are trapped in the building getting overran by a ton of Ganado. It may have been packed to shit with horror/zombie movie cliches, but it was a fun hour. Thank god the dude with glasses died. Hands down my least favorite character.

I was hoping that vampire SWAT team would show up to save the day, but still a cool episode. I wonder if the SWAT team is part of the vampire hive mind.

PWNT

Old Post Sep 1st, 2014 06:10 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

What's the probability that one might get to see a lesbian scene between that female CDC official and the british hacker chick?

Old Post Sep 1st, 2014 08:54 PM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Originally posted by Mindset
I wish you were all vampires that I could kill. smile

Me too.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2014 09:14 PM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Originally posted by Arachnid1
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: I was hoping that vampire SWAT team would show up to save the day, but still a cool episode. I wonder if the SWAT team is part of the vampire hive mind.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Quick wiki search showed that they oppose "the Master's" plan. Apparently the Master was once an archangel or some sh1t. Plus apparently they recruit that Mexican thug-dude into their cause.

Don't know if this was based on the comic books, or is a genuine spoiler for the show.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2014 11:57 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

I liked this ep, one of two annoying characters died and they picked up a hot chic.

Now Eph either needs to stop questioning the impossible (after all he's already seen) like a complete moron, or he needs to take a worm to the anus so the Cossak can and/or the old Jew can decapitate his ass with extreme prejudice.

edit: Anyone else find it hysterical how the cliché Indian/Pakistani minimart worker was written? There's a vampire invasion happening right outside the shop; he's just worried about the hydrogen peroxide and Q-Tips they didn't pay for.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Sep 2nd, 2014 at 06:33 PM

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2014 06:26 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Yeah. Apu...I mean Hassan was hilariously dumb. f*ck that job. F*ck the inventory. You saw the shit going on outside, and that box isn't as protective as you want it to be. He did get a nice win big lotto ticket though.

I found it funny how the hacker chick was like, "Don't you tell anybody this is partially my fault, or I'll punch you in the nose!" Then when she runs off, she's a b*tch for ditching her.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2014 06:48 PM
Eminence
Boss

(imo) This show is entertaining, but quite bad, more or less like Falling Skies. If every plebe gets written out (by new writers) and we hold onto the Russian and the Jew and the monster squad, it has the potential to be a good show. So it's probably always going to be pretty bad, but I hope it stays fun. The horror elements started off quite strong and, when the main good guys aren't involved, remain the most compelling aspect of the whole deal by a wide margin. I just can't fathom how (if?) the folks behind the scenes think they have a remotely interesting cast of characters. Setrakian and Fet are pretty much the only humans I can stand to have on-screen; the caliber of decision-making on display by everyone else makes me hurt inside.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2014 10:07 PM
Eminence is currently offline Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Originally posted by Robtard
I liked this ep, one of two annoying characters died and they picked up a hot chic.

Now Eph either needs to stop questioning the impossible (after all he's already seen) like a complete moron, or he needs to take a worm to the anus so the Cossak can and/or the old Jew can decapitate his ass with extreme prejudice.

edit: Anyone else find it hysterical how the cliché Indian/Pakistani minimart worker was written? There's a vampire invasion happening right outside the shop; he's just worried about the hydrogen peroxide and Q-Tips they didn't pay for.

I think this episode was the director's way of highlighting that people act stupidly in this universe. The truck driver, the hacker chick's girlfriend and the Hassan dude were all grade-A levels of stupid.

Not to mention that the actor of Hassan was trying way too hard to speak broken English with a stereotypical accent, when anyone could tell that he was quite fluent in it.

Edit: Ruta Gedmintas(hot hacker chick's actress) has apparently appeared in a lesbian tv show before. +1 for that.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2014 10:48 PM
KingD19

Well to be fair. Lots of people would act stupid in the same situation especially if they were unaware just how bad things were.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2014 10:53 PM