KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » The Strain

The Strain
Started by: BlackZero30x

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Gender: Male
Location: Hunting with wolves

Really? You witness first hand a bunch of zombie vamp monsters outside your door, and then you see a group of people who seem to know what they are dealing with. I don't think the next logical step would be to just barge out among those zombie vamp monsters and become easy lunch as the hacker chick's gf did. Or purposefully act like a moron like the Hassan dude.


__________________

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2014 10:58 PM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Gender: Male
Location: Land of the Lost

Not me personally as I have common sense. But there are legitmately people out there who'd react just the same if not worse than the Bread man, Hacker girls friend and Hassan.

And her friend got away. Bread Guy got eaten.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2014 11:03 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: United States

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Epicurus
Really? You witness first hand a bunch of zombie vamp monsters outside your door, and then you see a group of people who seem to know what they are dealing with. I don't think the next logical step would be to just barge out among those zombie vamp monsters and become easy lunch as the hacker chick's gf did. Or purposefully act like a moron like the Hassan dude.
I would barge at the door and slaughter ever last one of them.

I would do the Lord's work.


__________________



Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2014 02:59 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Gender: Male
Location: Hunting with wolves

quote: (post)
Originally posted by KingD19
And her friend got away.

I am talking from a hypothetical viewpoint. She only got away because those zombie-vamps were focused on Setrakian's group along with shitty plot.


__________________

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2014 01:55 PM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
KMC's #1 Rated Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: Captain's Chair, CA

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mindset
I would barge at the door and slaughter ever last one of them.

I would do the Lord's work.


As would I with my granite-busting fist and world-cracking roundhouses, but we're living weapons trained by the CIA. Try to see this through the eyes of the normal rabble.


__________________


You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 4th, 2014 04:18 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Gender: Male
Location: Hunting with wolves

This felt like a filler episode.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: What's up with changing the Master's voice like that?

And that Italian b1tch is super-annoying. Couldn't they have killed her off in this episode?


__________________

Last edited by TheGodKiller02 on Sep 8th, 2014 at 08:58 PM

Old Post Sep 8th, 2014 08:56 PM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
Dai Kaioshin

Gender: Male
Location:

lol @ goodweather's ridiculous hairpiece:
(please log in to view the image)

an equal lol @ the reveal of sardu's face. the prosthetics and whatnot were cheesy as hell.


the best part of this episode was watching nora's ass giggle when they were getting their f*ck on. thumb up


__________________


"I AM the one true God of all Universes!!!"

Old Post Sep 8th, 2014 10:36 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

Gender: Male
Location: United Kingdom

Two observations on this show:
1) Jewish protagonists & WWII yawn.

2) WTF is with the stupid pseudo viral/Alien "Vampire"?

First episode looked promising, well produced, nicely paced and acted. The second episode started to smell, with the cliche alcoholism, workaholic dad shit ...

Anyway, this has gotten worse, but not much worse thanks to the tall rat catcheer.

This and Leftover ... neither are worth the effort or time but both had great promise.


__________________

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post Sep 8th, 2014 11:37 PM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: United States

quote: (post)
Originally posted by janus77



2) WTF is with the stupid pseudo viral/Alien "Vampire"?

You are aware this series is called "The Strain" right?

Old Post Sep 9th, 2014 03:28 AM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Gender: Unspecified
Location: Southern Cross

I thought that "The Master" looked comically silly and out of place for this show. Like he would be a fit villain for the old Buffy The Vampire Slayer show. I think they would've been better off just keeping him cloaked and hidden.


__________________


You Wa Shock!

Old Post Sep 9th, 2014 05:25 AM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

Gender: Male
Location: United Kingdom

quote: (post)
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
You are aware this series is called "The Strain" right?

pseudo viral/Alien "Vampire"...
If you like this idiot mumbo-jumbo "science" stuff in fiction, fair enough but atleast try and tone it down and make it seem an extension of reality/nature.

Why are these "vampires" mind-controlled (to whatever extent the "master" wants) and, where does that come from? What Viral worms with WiFi??

It's just asinine, idiotic, stupid shit and it annoys me. Greatly.

Worse still the Aliens thing of a big ****ing tongue-monster shooting out ... why??


Anyway, it's idiotic and spoiled a seemingly promising premise.


__________________

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post Sep 9th, 2014 11:51 AM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

Gender: Male
Location: United Kingdom

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
I thought that "The Master" looked comically silly and out of place for this show. Like he would be a fit villain for the old Buffy The Vampire Slayer show. I think they would've been better off just keeping him cloaked and hidden.

lol,

true. worse still, he looks like he's permanently giving the finger.

seriously, this is idiotic shit.


__________________

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post Sep 9th, 2014 11:53 AM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: United States

quote: (post)
Originally posted by janus77
pseudo viral/Alien "Vampire"...
If you like this idiot mumbo-jumbo "science" stuff in fiction, fair enough but atleast try and tone it down and make it seem an extension of reality/nature.

Why are these "vampires" mind-controlled (to whatever extent the "master" wants) and, where does that come from? What Viral worms with WiFi??

It's just asinine, idiotic, stupid shit and it annoys me. Greatly.

Worse still the Aliens thing of a big ****ing tongue-monster shooting out ... why??


Anyway, it's idiotic and spoiled a seemingly promising premise.

Like I said, this show is called "The Strain" you had to have so idea where this show was going especially since the worms were introduced in the pilot episode.

With that said the master vampire was inexcusable in its cheesiness.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2014 12:54 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

Gender: Male
Location: United Kingdom

quote: (post)
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
Like I said, this show is called "The Strain" you had to have so idea where this show was going especially since the worms were introduced in the pilot episode.

With that said the master vampire was inexcusable in its cheesiness.

I didn't know it was about vampires until I watched the pilot, figured it was sci-fi until then.

The point is that the silly worms are a stupid way to do it, that the associated powers are idiotic and break the "scientific" conceit of the show and, the last episode I watched ... vampire vigilante ninja force!!


Helix is also sci-fi, with immortals and all sorts of zombie like creatures, but done well, in an intelligent and interesting fashion.

This show just lacks for intelligence, it's abysmally stupid in fact.


__________________

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post Sep 9th, 2014 01:02 PM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jason Todd

Gender: Male
Location:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by janus77
I didn't know it was about vampires until I watched the pilot, figured it was sci-fi until then.

The point is that the silly worms are a stupid way to do it, that the associated powers are idiotic and break the "scientific" conceit of the show and, the last episode I watched ... vampire vigilante ninja force!!


Helix is also sci-fi, with immortals and all sorts of zombie like creatures, but done well, in an intelligent and interesting fashion.

This show just lacks for intelligence, it's abysmally stupid in fact.


thats kinda the point though. They have a scientific side to the show and it works to a point but its not all completely scientific nor is it supposed to be. As for Mr. Q...there is a reason he kills vampires.


__________________

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Sep 9th, 2014 04:08 PM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
Dai Kaioshin

Gender: Male
Location:

I feel like this series is circling the drain. It started very strong, but is rapidly becoming complete shit.


__________________


"I AM the one true God of all Universes!!!"

Old Post Sep 16th, 2014 10:06 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: United States

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
I feel like this series is circling the drain. It started very strong, but is rapidly becoming complete shit.
(please log in to view the image)


__________________



Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Sep 17th, 2014 02:31 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672
MAY 2000-NOV 2017

Gender: Male
Location: Anytown, USA

No way i'm arguing with anyone here as to the quality of the show. Thats just wasted time.
I like it so far.
Surprised at the speed of the infection spread. The general population cant remain ignorant for long.
I wonder if the Master has tried anything on this scale before in history.
I also wonder why, to be honest. Why try and convert your entire food source?
Unless the Nazi connection goes deeper, with camps eventually set up to "grow" humans?
I like it when science is applied to legend. Obviously not everything can be explained, which is as it should be.
The vampire strike team brings up some questions for me. Are some people immune to some degree? Is there another group opposing the Master that Setrakian never ran across?


__________________


That's not a bat. This...is a bat.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2014 07:16 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
Dai Kaioshin

Gender: Male
Location:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mindset
(please log in to view the image)
thumb up

quote: (post)
Originally posted by riv6672
No way i'm arguing with anyone here as to the quality of the show. Thats just wasted time.
I like it so far.
Surprised at the speed of the infection spread. The general population cant remain ignorant for long.
I wonder if the Master has tried anything on this scale before in history.
I also wonder why, to be honest. Why try and convert your entire food source?
Unless the Nazi connection goes deeper, with camps eventually set up to "grow" humans?
I like it when science is applied to legend. Obviously not everything can be explained, which is as it should be.
The vampire strike team brings up some questions for me. Are some people immune to some degree? Is there another group opposing the Master that Setrakian never ran across?
So long as the TV series continues following the novels/comics, most of these questions will eventually be answered.

Lets just say that there is certainly a method behind Sardu's seeming madness. smile


__________________


"I AM the one true God of all Universes!!!"

Old Post Sep 17th, 2014 07:10 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
KMC's #1 Rated Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: Captain's Chair, CA

From what little I've read on wiki and such:

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: The Master is one of several vampire lords, except he was shafted when the other lords decided to divide up the planet for wealth and food-source reasons long ago. So he's butthurt and plans on turning the entire planet into vampires (which makes little sense to me).

The vampire strike team is controlled by one or more of the other lords and they're trying to contain The Master's plan and restore the human-vampire balance as it was before.


If someone read the book and there's something wrong with what I posted, please let me know.


__________________


You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Sep 17th, 2014 at 08:33 PM

Old Post Sep 17th, 2014 08:31 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
All times are UTC. The time now is 04:55 PM.
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread

Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » The Strain

Email this Page
Subscribe to this Thread
   Post New Thread  Post A Reply

Forum Jump:
Search by user:
 

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is OFF
vB code is ON
Smilies are ON
[IMG] code is ON

Text-only version
 

< - KillerMovies.com - Forum Archive - Forum Rules >


© Copyright 2000-2006, KillerMovies.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by: vBulletin, copyright ©2000-2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.