KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Nihilus vs The Sith Emperor

Darth Nihilus vs The Sith Emperor
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (32): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ares834
He isn't a mook. Still doesn't change the fact that he never displayed the power to resist TK on Nihilus's magnitude.

Even just from drawing on Vitiate's power an Imperial Guard was able to negate Revan's TK and Revan's TK is very good. So I see Vitiate's defense as being very impressive. And even weakened, wounded and exhausted Vitiate was able to collapse the Dark Temple. So I also don't see a full strength Vitiate as being terribly far from Nihilus in TK. While I agree Nihilus currently is superior in that area, I don't think he'll be ragdolling Vitiate or reducing him to a smear.

Vitiate also has aspects in which he is superior, like lightning, sorcery and telepathy.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2014 11:29 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
He was only affected by Revan's blast that Channeled both sides of the force, I don't think anyone - unless you count game mechanics, has used TK on Vitiate. he has his force shields, just because no source exist saying that he has resisted powerful tk doesn't mean Nihilus ragdolls him, saying such a thing is idiotic(no offense)

No. What's idotic is saying Vitiate can defend against such TK despite having absolutely no feats to suggest he could.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2014 11:32 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Vitiate dies

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jul 14th, 2014 11:35 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
red8

Vitiate is far more knowledgeable about the Dark Side and wields a far greater mastery over the force. Vititate's destruction of Nathema is of a greater magnitude than Nihilus' feat on Katarr. Vitiate is undoubtedly the superior Sith Lord.

But none of that matters. Nihilus' raw power is enough to stop Vitiate. Nihilus' monstrous force drain (to the best of my knowledge) requires little preparation. His TK is impressive and his saber skills are underrated. After being severely weakened, he still managed to almost overwhelm the Exile, Visas Marr, and Canderous in a duel.

I'll quote the hyperbole that was used in the Revenge of the Sith novel.

quote:

Dooku's decades of combat experience are irrelevant. His mastery
of swordplay is useless. His vast wealth, his political influence,
impeccable breeding, immaculate manners, exquisite taste—the
pursuits and points of pride to which he has devoted so much of histime and attention over the long, long years of his life—are now
chains hung upon his spirit, bending his neck
before the ax.
Even his knowledge of the Force has become a joke.

Instead of talking about Dooku's saber skills, imagine the quote talking about Vitiate's knowledge of the force.

Vitiate could definitely beat Nihilus, but in a straight-up fight, Nihilus would win more often than not.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 04:43 AM
Click here to Send red8 a Private Message Find more posts by red8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Um didn't Nihilius do that on a Nexus? I mean this forum tends to take those things into account so... Yeah.

Yes but he also ripped it out of a gravity vortex, according to Ant.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 04:46 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Also, up to his time Vitiate is canonically the most powerful avatar of the Dark Side, moreso than Darth Nihilus.

Darth Nihilus really needs to have new material to change his horrendous handling in KOTOR--I thought how he appeared in Legacy was really cool, even though it contrasted with his other appearances.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 04:50 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Yes but he also ripped it out of a gravity vortex, according to Ant.

According to me? Do you not know how the Mass Shadow Generator works?
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mass_Shadow_Generator

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 05:02 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Plus he keeps his ship together while it travels the galaxy.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 05:24 AM
Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
I've seen nothing to suggest Vitiate is a Force Wound, so I don't see why it wouldn't.

Vitiate is corporeally immortal, Force Drain cannot undo this. Emperor Vitiate continuously siphoned energies of some of his immortal servants and they didn't perish, those servants felt weakened but did not perish because of immortality.

Vitiate is master of Force Drain as well, he can give Nihilus a taste of his own medicine in this respect. If Nihilus gets drained, I am sure he would not last long.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Jul 15th, 2014 at 11:46 AM

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 11:32 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by ares834
Lightning is countered by a saber.

It is not a guaranteed defense, specially against Emperor's powers.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Jul 15th, 2014 at 11:37 AM

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 11:33 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by NemeBro
Plus he keeps his ship together while it travels the galaxy.

His ship remained intact after he was vanquished.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 11:37 AM
Arhael
Devoid of reality

I keep seeing this claim of Nihilus ripping ship out of Malachor. First, is there actual proof that he used TK or it's just one of those rumored vague feats? The ship's engine was working including hyperspace travel, why would he used TK at all?

Also, where would he get so much Force power available? I thought he was hungry, a few non-sensitives he fed off shouldn't be enough at all.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 12:16 PM
Click here to Send Arhael a Private Message Find more posts by Arhael Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

It's stated he pulled it out.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 12:34 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Vitiate is corporeally immortal, Force Drain cannot undo this. Emperor Vitiate continuously siphoned energies of some of his immortal servants and they didn't perish, those servants felt weakened but did not perish because of immortality.

Vitiate is master of Force Drain as well, he can give Nihilus a taste of his own medicine in this respect. If Nihilus gets drained, I am sure he would not last long.

You have no proof of the first statement. Nothing ever suggests that Vitiate was trying to kill anyone he was draining off of besides Nathema. Second, Force Drain does not work on Force Wounds, it rebounds back to the one started the drain.
His ship remained intact after he was vanquished.

Actually, it wasn't. They blew it up to prevent it from crashing into the Citadel Space Station.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 01:26 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arhael
Devoid of reality

Originally posted by Nephthys
It's stated he pulled it out.

Does it attribute it to TK though or whatever means? It's too vague to give it any meaning.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 01:42 PM
Click here to Send Arhael a Private Message Find more posts by Arhael Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

I highly doubt that Nihilus' drain would work against Vitiate and if it doesn't kill him, Vitiate will win this.

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 02:04 PM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Arhael
Does it attribute it to TK though or whatever means? It's too vague to give it any meaning.

Do you think he used a big crane to get it off?

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 02:23 PM
S_W_LeGenD

You have no proof of the first statement. Nothing ever suggests that Vitiate was trying to kill anyone he was draining off of besides Nathema. Second, Force Drain does not work on Force Wounds, it rebounds back to the one started the drain.

I am not talking about Nathema event.

Sith Emperor is a master of Force Drain talents. He transformed some of his minions in to immortal beings so he could siphon energies from them virtually endlessly and they would not perish.

Corporeal immortality is a product of sorcery, it is such a powerful transformation that it guarantees survival against Force Drain talents.

After trapping Revan, Emperor began to drain him as well. Revan survived by draining energy from Force ghost of Surik in turn. Otherwise, Revan would have perished.

Actually, it wasn't. They blew it up to prevent it from crashing into the Citadel Space Station.

The ship would have crashed after loss of crew.

However, if Nihilus was really holding the ship together, shouldn't it have disintegrated after his fall?

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Jul 15th, 2014 at 02:39 PM

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 02:35 PM
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by Sinious
I highly doubt that Nihilus' drain would work against Vitiate and if it doesn't kill him, Vitiate will win this.

It won't.

Vitiate transformed some of his minions in to immortal beings so he could endlessly drained them to fuel his power. Those minions felt weak continuously due being drained but they didn't die because of immortality. Such cruelty.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Jul 15th, 2014 at 02:40 PM

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 02:37 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

I am not talking about Nathema event.

Sith Emperor is a master of Force Drain talents. He transformed some of his servants in to immortals so he could siphon energies from them virtually endlessly and they would not perish.

Corporeal immortality is a product of sorcery, it is such a powerful transformation that it guarantees survival against Force Drain talents.

After trapping Revan, Emperor began to drain him as well. Revan survived by draining energy from Force ghost of Surik.

He wasn't trying to kill Revan. The only time he has actively tried to kill anyone with Drain is Nathema. It also doesn't guarantee survival against anything except natural death. As Nihilus Drain is designed to take away the Force not life, the point is irrelevant.
quote:

The ship would have crashed after loss of crew.

The crew that is flying it is still there. And as the ship starts to blow up as soon as Nihilus is dead, but is not destroyed unless the bombs are in place, I'll assume he was holding it together.
quote:

However, if Nihilus was really holding the ship together, shouldn't it have disintegrated after his fall?

See the above. As soon as he dies, it starts to fall apart, but to think that he held every atom together is kind of crazy.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 02:40 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote