KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Nihilus vs The Sith Emperor

Darth Nihilus vs The Sith Emperor
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (32): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

You can hunt someone across a planet. And I would know. >:]

Regardless, its stated in game that he trained on Malachor, he was stranded on Malachor, found by Traya on Malachor... so thats that.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 04:26 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

The CG makes it seem like Nihilus was running out of people to feed on and was trapped on Malachor because he didn't know how to use his power. How would that happen if he was already free to roam the galaxy?

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 04:26 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys
You can hunt someone across a planet. And I would know. >:]

Regardless, its stated in game that he trained on Malachor, he was stranded on Malachor, found by Traya on Malachor... so thats that.

It wouldn't be that hard for wound-hunter to find a wound in the Force on a planet with virtually nothing. Do you have any quotes that he was found by Traya on Malachor V?

And like I said, it still doesn't matter. The energy of only a few survivors is not even remotely comparable to the likes of Katarr or devoured planets.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 04:29 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

If that's the case though, there is no gravity vortex. Nihilus, on the galaxy's most powerful nexus, lifted his capital ship under normal circumstances, then.

Again, Vitiate was the most powerful avatar of the dark side the Jedi had ever been up against--Darth Nihilus is included in that assessment.

Also, Freshest pointed out something I found interesting--How the Trayus Sith drained the force from their victims rather than life, this is true... I hadn't made any such differentiation until now, but that explains why Traya's drain severed the Councillors from the Force.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 04:56 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Don't be stupid now, Sasukedc. It is confirmed numerous times over the gravity vortex of Malachor V following the Mass Shadow Generator. erm

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 05:02 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

So Traya trained Nihilus in a gravity vortex? Sounds tricky.

Edit: Loving the sig addition.

Last edited by NewGuy01 on Jul 15th, 2014 at 05:08 PM

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 05:04 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Nihilus pulled his ship from a Mass Shadow Well, but all of Malachor isn't a gravity vortex.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 05:06 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Wait, I thought the M.Shadow was planet-scale devastation?

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 05:08 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

It was, but the wells hold the pieces of the planet together. Some areas, like the wells, have really strong gravity that pulls down ships. Others aren't. If the entire planet were a gravity vortex, I doubt that Traya would be able to fly there, let alone get off planet.

To be clear, the Mass Shadow generator used natural occurrences on the planet. The wells were already present there.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 05:11 PM
ares834

It was. But, IIRC, the generator was off. At the end of kotor 2 in the LS ending you reactivate it.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 05:12 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Its possible to walk around on Malachor, its just extremely unpleasant and hard. Or something.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 05:14 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Man. That game really went to shit at the ending. Shame, it had such potential.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 05:18 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Originally posted by ares834
It was. But, IIRC, the generator was off. At the end of kotor 2 in the LS ending you reactivate it.

The wells are there even if the generator is off. The wells are what made it so destructive to begin with.

As for the game having so much potential, it was kind of out there from the start. Nihilus and Sion were crazy enough before the whole explanation of the Exile's power. Still the treatment it gets isn't deserved.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 08:20 PM
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Have you played the game? Nihilus doesn't use the standard drain. He, Kreia, and all the students on Malachor use a different version that drains the Force, not life, from a person. Second, Nihilus doesn't have a body and is pure Force Energy inside a robe. Third, incase you didn't see it the first time, Force Drain does not work on Force Wounds. It'll rebound and drain you instead. This is why Nihilus was defeated over Telos IV.

Do I need to? Their is no such thing as standard Force Drain.

Through their focus on these elements of the Force, the Sith have developed terrifying powers, such as the ability to drain a being of its life force, or unleash their hatred as crackling bolts of energy. (Star Wars: The Old Republic: Encyclopedia)

Darth Traya indeed teaches the newly christened Darth Nihilus to harness his life-draining gift to radical heights - so effectively, in fact, that Nihilus saps Traya's powers in a calculated double-cross. (KoTOR-CG)

KoTOR-CG points out that Darth Nihilus is proficient in Force Drain (written as Drain Force sometimes), Dark Healing and Force Sever talents (written as Sever Force sometimes).

Notice the word life-force and life-draining in official quotes? These are such semantics but meaning is the same.

Also, yes, Force Drain would sap powers of an individual and eventually kill the individual. Only known methods to prevent this fate is to either counter-drain or having special conditions such as corporeal immortality and (Force) Wound.*

I have informed you again and again that Emperor Vitiate subjected some of his minions to Force Drain, he granted immortality to these minions to prevent them from dying. But since these minions were being drained, they felt weak and their powers (ability to call upon the Force) diminished. They were in the same position as Darth Traya found herself after being drained by Darth Nihilus.

Here:

Servants of the Hand share their Master's longevity, living untouched by age for centuries under his command. In return, Emperor draws on his servant's strength in the Force and body to feed his ever-increasing power, leaving the servants withered and frail. (Star Wars: The Old Republic: Encyclopedia)

Servants are immortal so they endure Force Drain but they are in similar situation like Darth Traya found herself after being drained by Darth Nihilus.

If Emperor Vitiate would target any normal Force-user with Force Drain, he would achieve same results that Darth Nihilus did. Both are masters of this talent.

Get it now?

---

Emperor Vitiate cannot be destroyed with Force Drain because of his condition (Corporeal Immortality). And he isn't going to loose his powers like Darth Traya, he is too powerful. Otherwise, his rivals could subject him to Force Drain and dispose him off. Do the math.

As far as Force Wound argument is concerned, I figured that Darth Nihilus is a Force Wound. He is immune to Force Drain as well, I acknowledge.

In the nutshell, Force Drain is moot point for both Darth Nihilus and Emperor Vitiate in this contest. Both will need to resort to other methods to defeat each other but Emperor Vitiate have advantage and he will likely succeed.

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Why would this happen? Nihilus had the ship over Telos without moving, planing to drain the entire planet. The ship would cling together because nothing else is moving the ship, unless some outside force acted on it. Either way, the ship begins to fall apart as soon as he dies, not when the bombs go off. I'm guessing you didn't actually play KotOR II. And why would the ship disintegrate? It was atomized anywhere else, so why would it disintegrate now?

Noted

---

*Whenever Revan was subjected to Force Drain by Emperor Vitiate, he survived by counter-draining Force Ghost of Meetra Surik.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2014 02:16 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Do I need to?

To debate against him? Yes.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2014 02:20 AM
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
To debate against him? Yes.

No, he doesn't even understands the concept of Force Drain. I had to explain to him this matter right above. You need to read it as well.

The only thing I learned from him is that Darth Nihilus could be possibly holding his ship together as originally claimed by one of his servants.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2014 02:24 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Once again, I can't grasp how someone can debate a character they merely read a Wookieepedia article on.
If you played the game, it would be blatantly obvious his drain is different from others.

His drain can't be taught. Someone like Bane's can.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2014 02:30 AM
S_W_LeGenD

Once again, I can't grasp how someone can debate a character they merely read a Wookieepedia article on.
If you played the game, it would be blatantly obvious his drain is different from others.

His drain can't be taught. Someone like Bane's can.

It is responses such as these that are really irritating.

I have explained the concept of Force Drain using KoTOR-CG and SWTORE, not wookieepedia.

Their is no such thing as a different Force Drain. Read my explanation above.

People take Traya's bullshit too seriously.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2014 02:32 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I read it. And it confirms you have not played the game, or even read Darth Traya's descriptions.
I respect you more then nearly all the members here LeGenD, but tbh this is too far.

Last edited by Jaggarath on Jul 16th, 2014 at 02:37 AM

Old Post Jul 16th, 2014 02:34 AM
S_W_LeGenD

I read it. And it confirms you have not played the game, or even read Darth Traya's descriptions.
I respect you more then nearly all the members here, LeGenD, but tbh this is too far.

Playing the game doesn't solves this issue.

Traya was too paranoid of Darth Nihilus, she had been manipulating others throughout to further her agenda. She does not knows everything, she is right about some stuff and wrong about some stuff. She told Meetra Surik scary stories about Darth Nihilus so she could convince Meetra Surik to kill him.

KoTOR-CG is not a fallible source, it explains what Force Drain is and same is true for SWTORE.

Force Drain consumes life-force of an individual, in essence, it saps the powers of an individual and eventually kills him/her.

When Darth Nihilus subjected Darth Traya to Force Drain, he sapped her powers, verified in KoTOR-CG. Emperor Vitiate also achieved similar results against those whom he targeted with Force Drain. Heck, Darth Traya achieved similar results with Force Drain (She killed 3 Jedi Masters with this power).

Their is no such thing as a special Force Drain. Only those who have fallen for bullshit of Darth Traya, are taking this too far and it is getting irritating.

Force Drain is Force Drain, whether it is unleashed by Revan, Nihilus, Emperor Vitiate, Traya or every other damn Force-user. It does the same thing.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Jul 16th, 2014 at 02:50 AM

Old Post Jul 16th, 2014 02:39 AM