KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Revan vs Vader (Force Fight)

Revan vs Vader (Force Fight)
Started by: Nephthys

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ares834

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Selenial
Vaders suit is defense enough against lightning, it's insulated and only vulnerable if already breached.

I know. But if Revan's force lightning is intense enough(anyone have any feats BTW) it should be powerful enough to get past Vader's defenses and his armor.

Originally posted by Kalen Sykes
Starkiller overloaded it, and he's not top tier.

Uh... Yes he is. Shit, the dude's lightning overloaded an AT-AT.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2014 11:55 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Nah. Bane, Sidious, Vitiate = top tier.

Those books are so ridiculous though, lol.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2014 11:59 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by ares834
I know. But if Revan's force lightning is intense enough(anyone have any feats BTW) it should be powerful enough to get past Vader's defenses and his armor.

Feats in respect thread. Link in signature. smile

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 12:00 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Vader was able to resist Starkiller's lightning. Starkiller just used the environment when he was going to be murderlered.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 12:02 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kalen Sykes

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Vader was able to resist Starkiller's lightning. Starkiller just used the environment when he was going to be murderlered.

From The Force Unleashed II novel, page 256:

"Finally, Starkiller saw an opportunity. They were exchanging rapid blows along the edge of the buckled platform, blades swinging so fast they were visible only as blurs. Vader's defenses were impenetrable; his lightsaber seemed to arrive a slpit second Starkiller's, every time. He may have defeated Vader before, but Vader had learned from that mistake. He knew the measure of his former apprentice, now.

But the same was true in reverse. And when Vader forced Starkiller onto his back foot and raised his lightsaber to strike him down, Starkiller fired a lightning blast into the side of Vader's armor that was so concentrated, even the new insulation couldn't absorb it."

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 12:15 AM
Click here to Send Kalen Sykes a Private Message Find more posts by Kalen Sykes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Originally posted by Nephthys
Nah. Bane, Sidious, Vitiate = top tier.

Those books are so ridiculous though, lol.

And The Revan novels nice little "opening up to both sides of the force" and devouring thousands of Sith to become immortal isn't?

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 01:06 AM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Not when it comes to lightning.

Edit: Oh wait you were talking about ridiculousness and not top tierness.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Last edited by Emperordmb on Jul 15th, 2014 at 01:16 AM

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 01:10 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Eh.

I have no issue with someone using both sides of the Force. Especially someone like Revan. Vitiate draining others is just them totally, blatantly ripping off Nihilus. It's ridiculous but at least its got a precedent.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 01:14 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Starkiller overloaded it, and he's not top tier.

Starkiller only overloaded it after the armor was breached, though.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 02:09 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Originally posted by Nephthys
Eh.

I have no issue with someone using both sides of the Force. Especially someone like Revan. Vitiate draining others is just them totally, blatantly ripping off Nihilus. It's ridiculous but at least its got a precedent.

Even when all established canon points to it as an impossibility? Abeloth is a prime example

But whatever, I still hold to it being a feat of oneness, which isn't the same thing as using both.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 02:32 AM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

From The Force Unleashed II novel, page 256:

"Finally, Starkiller saw an opportunity. They were exchanging rapid blows along the edge of the buckled platform, blades swinging so fast they were visible only as blurs. Vader's defenses were impenetrable; his lightsaber seemed to arrive a slpit second Starkiller's, every time. He may have defeated Vader before, but Vader had learned from that mistake. He knew the measure of his former apprentice, now.

But the same was true in reverse. And when Vader forced Starkiller onto his back foot and raised his lightsaber to strike him down, Starkiller fired a lightning blast into the side of Vader's armor that was so concentrated, even the new insulation couldn't absorb it."

Vader still absorbs a lot of it himself, as well. The point is, he couldn't take Vader out with his lightning alone.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 02:41 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kalen Sykes

Vader still absorbs a lot of it himself, as well. The point is, he couldn't take Vader out with his lightning alone.

Wait, that wasn't the point at all. You said Vader resisted it, and I posted an excerpt from the book that showed he didn't. BTW, he did end the fight with his lightning. Later on in the fight, he hit Vader with another blast, this time in the gash in his chest armor Juno put there. That blast allowed Starkiller to take Vader's saber and brought Vader to his knees. Fight over.

Also, Newguy01, I think you're mixing up the attack I posted with the second one later in the fight.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 03:00 AM
Click here to Send Kalen Sykes a Private Message Find more posts by Kalen Sykes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Wait, that wasn't the point at all. You said Vader resisted it, and I posted an excerpt from the book that showed he didn't. BTW, he did end the fight with his lightning. Later on in the fight, he hit Vader with another blast, this time in the gash in his chest armor Juno put there. That blast allowed Starkiller to take Vader's saber and brought Vader to his knees. Fight over.

The novel and the game are just as canon as each other, so saying you brought in a quote from the novel that doesn't exactly match the game doesn't necessarily make you more right. Either way, when I said resist, I didn't mean that he didn't feel it. The point is, it wasn't enough to stop let alone kill him, which is the desired outcome of a duel.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 03:03 AM
Kalen Sykes

The novel and the game are just as canon as each other, so saying you brought in a quote from the novel that doesn't exactly match the game doesn't necessarily make you more right. Either way, when I said resist, I didn't mean that he didn't feel it. The point is, it wasn't enough to stop let alone kill him, which is the desired outcome of a duel.

So I can post excepts from the novel, but they don't work because the game contradicts them? Ok, I'm now confused because:

Originally posted by queeq
Hehehe… games are not canon anyway.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 03:15 AM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

So I can post excepts from the novel, but they don't work because the game contradicts them? Ok, I'm now confused because:

Nope. The point is saying that Starkiller's lightning definitely does something that's not supported in all or most sources isn't necessarily true. Neither the game, the comic, or the novel can override each other.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 03:24 AM
Kalen Sykes

Nope. The point is saying that Starkiller's lightning definitely does something that's not supported in all or most sources isn't necessarily true. Neither the game, the comic, or the novel can override each other.

And queeq's statement?

Btw, aren't novelizations generally held to a higher place than games?

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 03:33 AM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

And queeq's statement?

I think that's more about game mechanics, the games themselves are as canon as anything else. Plus in the novels, Starkiller contemplates destroying large scale buildings with a thought. It's hardly the most realistic source. TFU is one of the harder games to debate powerwise.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 01:20 PM
Selenial
I Choose Violence

And queeq's statement?

Queeq is wrong. It's game mechanics that aren't.

IE, killing people makes you stronger, or getting a power after every mission. Happens in a lot of games, but killing making you stronger is only true of the exile, as explained in a cutscene.

It's non canon that in their duel, Surik did an attack then sion did, then Surik did then sion did. Because those are game mechanics.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 02:01 PM
WildBantha88

Also it was raining when Starkiller blasted Vader with lighting and water is a conductor. #amp

Last edited by WildBantha88 on Jul 15th, 2014 at 04:36 PM

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 04:33 PM
Click here to Send WildBantha88 a Private Message Find more posts by WildBantha88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

So is anyone gonna give an opinion on the actual fight?

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 04:36 PM