KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Emperor Malgus vs. The Maul Brothers

Emperor Malgus vs. The Maul Brothers
Started by: XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Beniboybling
Worst Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys
Well the Book of Sith shows him using it to annihilate some Jedi but dunno if thats proof.
It does not specify they were Jedi.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2014 10:07 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

The guy is wearing Jedi robes.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2014 10:13 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Beniboybling
1. Not trying to equate Maul with Sidious here, I understand that Sidious wasn't trying very hard, but you have to have impressive speed to fight Sidious as evidenced by the failure of the Jedi Strike Team.

Savage didn't land a blow in combat, I think it was down to Sidious lacking appropriate area to dodge or really just not caring.

No I'm not? I'm using this as proof to equate Malgus with Maul, I don't think Maul can outfight Malgus through superior speed, but his more than fast enough to keep up with him and close gaps quickly.

1. And I say you don't have to have impressive speed to fight a Sidious who isn't using his full speed. Just however fast Mauls other feats suggest he is, since he's slowing himself down to Mauls level.

Excuses excuses. Maybe Sidious let Maul hit him too.

I think you should try establishing that without using his fight with Sidious as your proof. It's not good evidence of anything other than Sidious' dominance over him.

2. A tier lower than Sidious is like Plagueis, Marek, Kun etc. but you probably think Malgus is as powerful as them so what evs.

He ragdolled Maul and Savage at the same time. I kick or a push and Malgus would probably be weak enough to be ragdolled. But this isn't about Sidious.

As of this time in the CW I'd say Plagueis and Kun are on a similar tier to Sidious. Maybe below him, but close nonetheless. Malgus is a tier lower with Vader, Marek, Nox and others.

In my opinion Malgus could ragdoll either of them as well and maybe both of them with difficulty. But we've already established you don't regard the feat I take as support of that (the Strike Team choke) as canon. But whatever, this is just us comparing out opinions. If you don't want me to point out that feat I won't.

3. Kenobi "defeating" Maul and Savage does not seem a feat of speed to me, just a very powerful offense mixed with a perfect defense. But ultimately Maul has prove himself to be a considerably superior Force user to Kenobi by Force gripping him (just like Dooku) which indicates superior speed.

Maul is superior with the Force but that doesn't indicate superior force speed. Kenobi was ducking under Mauls attacks, dodging him, lands a kick and forces Maul back several times in the fight. He's clearly on par with Maul in terms of lightsaber combat.

4. I'd reverse that and say Bane knew everything about Kas'ims normal style. He should have had adequate knowledge of Ataru. It was not as if Kas'im's style was unique and ground breaking, no more than Maul's style.

Anyway, I see no evidence that suggests Malgus is a superior duelist to Maul, who brought his mastery of Juyo to incredibly high levels and backed that up with mastery over Jar'Kai and Teras Kasi, he was one of the most skilled lightsaber duelists in Sith history. Malgus was just brute force brute force brute force, bit of skill go.

Ataru? What the hell are you talking about? Kas'im brought out dual lightsabers, which he had specifically not trained Bane to be capable of fighting against. Bane started losing because he had no clue what to do when fighting someone with two lightsabers. Which is why the comparison doesn't work here. Malgus knows how to fight Maul, he's faced double-bladed lightsabers and dual lightsabers before.

I might agree that Maul has more raw skill than Malgus does, simply because we have no real source that describes Malgus' level of skill beyond him being one of the most skilled warriors in the empire even before the war and that he defeated the Jedi Battlemaster in the Return trailer. I do think he has a very high level of skill, but he has little in the way of accolades like Maul has. But regardless, Malgus is more powerful and even before his prime fought a Maul-level opponent. He'd beat Maul in a lightsaber fight. To borrow your Kas'im comparison: Bane was beating Kas'im despite being less skilled through Bane being more powerful than he is.

Anyway your not hearing me, with two duelists to focus on Malgus won't be able to apply his power, he'll have too much to deal with and it will leave him too exposed. And if he does the other can take him before he can land a killing blow. TK is useless if you can't use it.

The two of them will never engage him at once though. He'll attack at least one with the Force before the reach him and take him out of the fight at least long enough to get the upper hand against the second one. Also Malgus is very capable of using the Force while he's in a lightsaber duel. His skill with the Force is that high.

And pain is culmative, which each shock Savage's body would have weakened. Let me give you a low down of what this power does:

Prolonged exposure to intense electrical fields (such as a sustained current of Force lightning) caused most humanoids to experience sudden and massive calcification of their skeletal system; the abrupt drop in blood minerals provoked muscular micro-seizures all over the victim's body.

With each blast he gets weaker and weaker and his ability to defend against the blasts grow weaker as well. Eventually Malgus would have passed out. Obviously. Its common sense to assume that someone who has just been shocked by lightining will be weaker than before, this is why Force Users often have to be worn down before you can choke them out. You have to whittle away at their defenses.

Who gives a crap about pain? It's not the pain that's going to take Savage out, its his face being melted and his eyeballs exploding. Malgus' lightning will hurt Savage enough physically that Savage will be taken out of the fight.

Savage got stronger as Dooku continued to blast him though. erm So obviously thats not true. Malgus would have passed out? Don't you mean Savage? As I said, I'm not talking about pain, I'm talking about physical damage. Savage continuing to fight aftering being hit that many times is irrelevant to proving his ability to shrug off having his chest burned through.

Oh and sure, Malgus can just spam oneness. roll eyes (sarcastic) And no way does Leener have the endurance capabilities Savage has.

So, any actual proof?

He doesn't need to spam it, it's a permanent boost. Becuase Malgus is just that awesome. wink

True, but unlike him she actually knows how to block lightning. So Malgus overwhelming her lightsaber defense and pwning her is proof enough that he can also pwn Savage. Lightsaber defense it more effective than Savage's "grit your teeth" defense, thus Malgus overwhelming her defense is a feat above Savage's resistance feat.

And by the way, they are not on a cloud, you can't stand on clouds. OK?

XSUPREMES opinion > yours.

Also Goku disagrees.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2014 10:51 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

The brothers win with varying difficulty, not sure really. Maul has superior feats across the board to Malgus, and alone could likely take him with high difficulty. With both of them Malgus is done for.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jul 19th, 2014 05:57 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by carthage
Maul has superior feats across the board to Malgus

If you are trying to say that Maul is Malgus's superior in every respect, then... I'm not even sure what to say to that.

Suffice it to say that Maul and Malgus both have areas that they obviously surpass each other in.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Jul 19th, 2014 06:09 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Originally posted by Emperordmb
If you are trying to say that Maul is Malgus's superior in every respect, then... I'm not even sure what to say to that.

Suffice it to say that Maul and Malgus both have areas that they obviously surpass each other in.

-

Maul has killed Qui Gon Jinn, killed Anoon Bondara, Bruu Jun fan, destroyed the entire Black Sun gang, defeated Kenobi, defeated Savage Opress, fought evenly with Mace Windu, took down Grievous, and survived a fight with Sidious.

He has better dueling feats than Malgus

He's dodged blaster bolts, moved five times faster than the human eye could travel, formed a web of light out of his lightsaber, fought faster than Qui Gon Jin, fought fast enough to appear to be, disappeared from a force sensitive's senses, attacking from all sides to Komari Vosa, speedblitzed droids, and deflected fire from multiple droids.

He's faster than Malgus

He's moved a massive ship, collapsed a ceiling, shattered barracks with his force scream, blasted back droids with a force wave, collapsed a cave, and ragdolled Obi wan.

He's physically comparable/a little stronger as he's broken durasteel binders, broken a door inward, smashed a table, as well as snapped necks and smashed droids.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jul 19th, 2014 06:50 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

And Malgus has lightning, greater physical durability, telekinesis, and arguably better strength. To argue that either Maul or Malgus surpasses the other in every respect is laughable.

Maul is more skilled as a duelist, Malgus is more powerful and masterful with the force, both have their own physical edges over each other, and both are very capable tacticians.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!

Old Post Jul 19th, 2014 06:54 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

And Malgus has lightning, greater physical durability, telekinesis, and arguably better strength. To argue that either Maul or Malgus surpasses the other in every respect is laughable.

Maul is more skilled as a duelist, Malgus is more powerful and masterful with the force, both have their own physical edges over each other, and both are very capable tacticians.

Not really, considering again Maul has more feats and accolades than Malgus. He is more skilled, has defeated more opponents of merit, the only thing Malgus has on him is durability (which is questionable)

Sidious's tests of him during his youth are far more than anything Malgus had to endure. Malgus also isn't as strong Maul has driven his fist through a wampa, broken through durasteel armor (durasteel > the marble table Malgus cracked), and killed a 300 lb creature with his bare hands. When has Malgus cracked durasteel, fought scores of droids unarmed, and or survived training exercises deprived of food, nourishment, and survived hunting droids coming after him?

Maul is faster, more skilled, and more powerful by order of feats not by order of your opinion.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2014 07:02 AM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

And when has Maul shielded himself from several tons of rubble before blasting it away while severely wounded, dominated two very powerful Sith/Jedi with the force at the same time, caused his opponent's arms to buckle behind the force of his blows, kicked Jedi several meters back, tanked explosions to the face, or created a Force Maelstrom?

When did Maul break durasteel armor, I thought it was binders.

And as far as Sidious and opinion goes, Sidious utterly dominated Maul in combat while amused, and he held Malgus's battlefield feats beyond anyone else's.

Did I ever deny that Maul is the more skilled of the two? No. Maul's technique is clearly more refined and proven. Did I ever deny that Maul is faster? No. Maul has greater speed feats and Malgus has had trouble with faster opponents before. Did I ever deny that Maul is greater in unarmed combat? No. Maul has training in Teras Kasi and has proven his immense talent in unarmed combat several times. Did I ever deny that Maul is more powerful in the force? Yes. Malgus has demonstrated greater telekinetic ability, as well as a plethora of other powers Maul lacks, and is comfortable applying his force powers far more freely in combat. Did I ever claim either of them to be superior to each other overall? No. This was not the claim or intent I had in this debate. All I'm doing is pointing out that suggesting Maul to be superior to Malgus in every respect is laughable.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2014 07:25 AM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
#obvioussock

Old Post Jul 19th, 2014 07:34 AM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by Big Fat Hippo
Please, I wanna be friends. I'm sorry for how I treated you in the past.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
#Intrepidsockconfirmed

Old Post Jul 19th, 2014 07:36 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

quote:
Chain charged, its weapon whirling over its head like the propeller of a gyrocraft. The heavy links lashed toward him. Maul spun on his right foot and shot his left leg out in a powerful side kick, slamming his boot into the droid’s armored chest, stopping it cold.

Maul dropped, hooked his left foot around the back of the droid’s ankle, and pulled as he kicked hard at the droid’s thigh with the other foot. The droid fell backwards, unable to maintain its balance, and hit the floor. Maul sprang up, did a front flip, and came down with both boot heels driving into the droid’s head. The metal skull crunched and collapsed inward. Lights flashed and the hard-shell photoreceptors shattered.

quote:
And as far as Sidious and opinion goes, Sidious utterly dominated Maul in combat while amused, and he held Malgus's battlefield feats beyond anyone else's.

Malgus has far less speed feats than Maul, nothing Malgus has done puts him as faster. If Sidious fought seriously he'd speed blitz Maul and Malgus, the point was not that Maul is faster than Sidious but that he survived two encounters with him. Both would die miserably if they tried to fight him, but nothing suggests Malgus could even keep up with his striking speed like Maul did in his first encounter.

quote:
And when has Maul shielded himself from several tons of rubble before blasting it away while severely wounded, dominated two very powerful Sith/Jedi with the force at the same time, caused his opponent's arms to buckle behind the force of his blows, kicked Jedi several meters back, tanked explosions to the face, or created a Force Maelstrom?

Maul defeated Komari Vosa while tired and suffering a blaster wound, survived a 98 foot fall into the underbelly of Coruscant without getting vaporized by the vehicles, getting touched, all while stunned and dodging obstacles that could kill him, survived being cooked alive, and killed a wampa when he suffered nerve damage from a wampa. As for endurance, I already said they were even in endurance, but that's stretching it considering Maul has more feats stretching into his youth that are more impressive regarding his trials with Sidious than Malgus did in that time period. Apart from endurance (which is debatable), you have admitted Malgus was inferior to Maul in the areas of skill, speed, and power, p. Backtracking doesn't change this, please bring up relevant speed, dueling feats, and martial abilities Malgus is known for that compare to Maul.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2014 07:44 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Originally posted by Selenial
Can someone show me when Malgus ever used Maelstrom on a force user?

I've just only ever seen it once, on a non force user. This means it really can't be used in an argument against force users.
The whole point of Maelstrom is that it takes ages to actually reach full power, and that a good FORCE BARRIER must be thrown up.

Malgus never showed the ability to actually save himself from anyone who'd try and stop it through the force, and that's a pretty essential part

It was a one off ability he displayed for a small amount of time. He has no feats to suggest he can use it in combat against the brothers.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2014 07:46 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

quote:
i and has proven his immense talent in unarmed combat several times. Did I ever deny that Maul is more powerful in the force? Yes. Malgus has demonstrated greater telekinetic ability, as

Probably even. Maul has thrown a massive ship, Malgus moved tons of rubble, Maul has also moved tons of rubble, Malgus has moved a boulder, Maul has collapsed ceilings, and blasted droids. If anything Maul is probably a little better in the area of TK, but its probably not by much tbh. This isn't really an area that puts Malgus above Maul, as Maul has more showings of equal or slightly more impressive merit. Who cares whether or not Malgus has displayed his powers "more frequently in combat", Maul's feats are just as applicable in combat situations as Malgus's. I'm not seeing how this accounts for the discrepancy in dueling feats, skill level, and lightsaber ability which Maul outshines Malgus in.

This also doesn't take into account Savage's presence. This is not quite a spite match, but its a very pointless thread.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2014 07:53 AM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by carthage
Malgus has far less speed feats than Maul, nothing Malgus has done puts him as faster. If Sidious fought seriously he'd speed blitz Maul and Malgus, the point was not that Maul is faster than Sidious but that he survived two encounters with him. Both would die miserably if they tried to fight him, but nothing suggests Malgus could even keep up with his striking speed like Maul did in his first encounter.

Maul defeated Komari Vosa while tired and suffering a blaster wound, survived a 98 foot fall into the underbelly of Coruscant without getting vaporized by the vehicles, getting touched, all while stunned and dodging obstacles that could kill him, survived being cooked alive, and killed a wampa when he suffered nerve damage from a wampa. As for endurance, I already said they were even in endurance, but that's stretching it considering Maul has more feats stretching into his youth that are more impressive regarding his trials with Sidious than Malgus did in that time period. Apart from endurance (which is debatable), you have admitted Malgus was inferior to Maul. Backtracking doesn't change this.

Half of your post was about how I'm apparently wrong for thinking Malgus is faster when I've said the exact opposite thing. You have a strange tendency to misrepresent and misquote my arguments and views in a futile attempt to make it look like I am failing to defend a viewpoint, even though I never held that view to begin with.

You also failed to acknowledge my biggest point of argumentation, which is in fact Malgus's superiority as a force wielder, instead claiming that I'm banking everything on Malgus's endurance, acting as if I've conceded to Maul's superiority in every other regard, which is not the case.

Basically this entire post by you was a futile attempt to make it look as if you are winning by completely misrepresenting, misquoting, and misattributing my arguments. Don't expect anybody to fall for it. People are a lot smarter than this.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2014 07:55 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

I'm not misquoting them, you admitted Malgus was weaker in areas, and I'm bringing up force feats to show that there is no real discrepancy between Malgus's and Maul's force feats. Apart from endurance Maul is simply superior in all areas, as in force feats Maul has more than his fair share of showings to rival Malgus's

Did I ever deny that Maul is the more skilled of the two? No. Maul's technique is clearly more refined and proven. Did I ever deny that Maul is faster? No. Maul has greater speed feats and Malgus has had trouble with faster opponents before. Did I ever deny that Maul is greater in unarmed combat? No. Maul has training in Teras Kasi and has proven his immense talent in unarmed combat several times. [/B]

I'm not misrepresenting anything as the above quote mentions. If they're even in a few areas, but Maul is higher in certain areas, ergo, Maul is superior by virtue of his other specs and showings. Malgus's showings in the force are kind of rudimentary i,e powerful TK showings which aren't all that different from what Maul has displayed. I know Malgus's feats and none of them are either put him above Maul unless you believe moving tons of rubble is superior to moving a massive ship which Maul moved (while injured). I don't see a discrepancy and or anything I've failed to address regarding Malgus's force abilities. His force maelstrom would never come into play, lightning can be absorbed by a saber, and both of their TK feats don't suggest either of them overpowering them in the same nature they would to someone like Bulq or Kenobi.

quote:
Basically this entire post by you was a futile attempt to make it look as if you are winning by completely misrepresenting, misquoting, and misattributing my arguments. Don't expect anybody to fall for it. People are a lot smarter than this.

It wasn't futile as you readily Malgus was inferior in areas, are vacillating with regards to the relative close proximity of both guys force feats and endurance feats, when Maul's dueling abilities are far superior to Malgus's. Malgus's force abilities are not on a tier as to where they'd kill Maul or play some 00ber decisive role.

Again, everyone keeps forgetting that Savage is in this too. Malgus is strong and would lose to Maul in a hard fought match, but adding his brother who is underrated and no slouch himself makes this a mismatch.

Last edited by carthage on Jul 19th, 2014 at 08:09 AM

Old Post Jul 19th, 2014 08:05 AM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Here you are attempting to cover up your failed deception.

You once again spent the first half of your last post challenging me on a viewpoint I never held to begin with. You acted as if I had conceded every area but endurance, which is not the case because I also never conceded physical strength, nor mastery and strength in the force. Admitting Maul's superiority in some areas is not the same as admitting it in all but one area.

Your misrepresenting of my arguments in an attempt to distort people's view of this debate, and your subsequent attempt to deny it when I called you out for it, is basically the same thing as lying.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2014 08:15 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Here you are attempting to cover up your failed deception.

You once again spent the first half of your last post challenging me on a viewpoint I never held to begin with. You acted as if I had conceded every area but endurance, which is not the case because I also never conceded physical strength, nor mastery and strength in the force. Admitting Maul's superiority in some areas is not the same as admitting it in all but one area.

Your misrepresenting of my arguments in an attempt to distort people's view of this debate, and your subsequent attempt to deny it when I called you out for it, is basically the same thing as lying.

I'm not misrepresenting anything, all I did was challenge your point with regards to Malgus's "mastery of the force". I even agreed with you that they're even in terms of endurance. Why do you always post like you have a chip on your shoulder dude? Again if you look back at my posts I only took issue with your statements regarding Malgus's force mastery, and I gave feats that showcased my viewpoint as to their close proximity in those feats. Nothing Malgus has done with his force abilities put him as superior to Maul based on what you posted, as Maul has performed feats quite similar to his. Maul's stronger, faster, and more skilled and that would swing the duel in his favor in terms of a saber duel. Malgus's force abilities aren't so powerful as to swing the duel in his favor. Lightning can be absorbed by a saber, he has no feats of force maelstrom in active combat, and Maul's physical showings with force enhanced abilities outstrip Malgus's based on the showings I've posted and can post again to reiterate my point

Also even as good of a warrior as Malgus is people keep forgetting about Maul's brother. Malgus's fights have never showed him as readily one shotting a powerful opponent, why people magically assume he'd dispose of either without labor intensive fighting goes against every duel Malgus has ever had.

Last edited by carthage on Jul 19th, 2014 at 08:28 AM

Old Post Jul 19th, 2014 08:23 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

So what I'm hearing is that Malgus easily wins and is basically clearly Mauls vast superior.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2014 12:17 PM
Nalaniel

In my opinion:
Malgus > Dooku > Maul

Old Post Jul 19th, 2014 12:40 PM
Click here to Send Nalaniel a Private Message Find more posts by Nalaniel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote