KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Thor: Ragnarok

Thor: Ragnarok
Started by: Time Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (74): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

I think I'm now more excited for this film than any upcoming MCU film; including Doctor Strange.

1. We know Loki has somehow usurped the throne form Odin after the ending of The Dark World.

2. We know Hulk is going to be in this movie and will play a fairly big role.

3. We know that Cate Blanchett is in the movie and is playing Hela.

So, here is my theory: Loki (disguised as Odin) tricks Thor and Hulk into fighting each other in Hel (throwback to the comics) somehow. Perhaps the "Winner" is able to leave Hel and go save Asgard/earth...whatever. Also, Loki plays a part in releasing Surtur. Thor and Hulk then have to team up to take on the most powerful threats yet in the MCU. Could be Mangog? Surtur? Who knows...either way I cannot wait for this movie now.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post May 12th, 2016 12:30 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Adding Hulk to this movie really was a great move. Hulk and Thor together is awesome. Marvel has to many films to look forward to. Poor DC.

Old Post May 12th, 2016 01:59 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Yah, I get it. People started talking trash about Marvel's villains so it became popular to just parrot that statement; when in fact they have been okay. I think it just is exemplified because the MCU HEROES have almost all been home run/grand slams. So when the villains are solid doubles or triples (a few strike outs) people over-exaggerate how "bad" they are.
I don't know. Most of them have been very lackluster.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post May 12th, 2016 02:42 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Zack Fair
Oh please the dcu hasn't had one good villain as of yet.

Old Post May 12th, 2016 02:43 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I agree with some of them.

Old Post May 12th, 2016 03:02 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
MCU villain hate is WAY overplayed

Iron Man 1- Obadiah Stane was pretty solid. Jeff Bridges was often cited as one of the highlights of the movie

Iron Man 2 - Okay, Whiplash and "MC" Hammer were terrible....

Iron Man 3- While I didn't mind the comic twist on Mandarin, Killian wasn't good I'll give you that

Thor 1- Loki was excellent.

Thor 2 - Malekith wasn't great but Kurse was pretty cool; if fleeting.

Captain America 1 - Red Skull was great. Hugo Weaving did a great job bringing the Nazi A-hole to life.....though it sucks they got rid of him.

Captain America 2- Winter Soldier as the antagonist was amazing. Also, Robert Redford did a hell of a job as Alexander Pierce.

EDIT: Civil War - Zemo was really good, Crossbones was fine until they killed him.

The Incredible Hulk - Thunderbolt Ross played by William Hurt was solid; and Emil Blonsky (Tim Roth) was pretty good until he turned into Abomination.

Avengers 1- Loki again shined; but that's not surprising as Hiddleston is amazing.

Avengers 2- Again, Ultron was pretty good, certainly one of the better Marvel villains imo. He wasn't great, but I'd say he was good enough.

Guardians of the Galaxy - I actually liked Ronan, I just felt he was wasted by them killing him off at the end. Also, he didn't get quite enough screen time. But I like Lee Pace's take on the character. He was a badass and one can't blame him for succumbing to Chris Pratt's pelvic sorcery.

Ant-Man - Yah, okay, I couldn't stand Yellowjacket. The epitome of a throwaway villain from the MCU. The only real stain on an otherwise great movie.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post May 12th, 2016 04:37 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

If you count the good ones though, you might be surprised how many there are.

Not to mention Loki is probably the favorite comic book movie villain after Ledger's Joker.

The difference is with or without Ledger, that incarnation of the villain was a one off. Whilst Loki is still around.

Plus we have Thanos coming.

Old Post May 12th, 2016 04:51 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Kevin Feige confirms that Natalie Portman will not be featured in Thor: Ragnarok and says 80-90% of the film "takes place in the cosmos." However, there are still a few scenes on Earth/Midgard.

Old Post May 13th, 2016 08:22 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

thumb up

Thank god.

Old Post May 13th, 2016 08:47 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Originally posted by Inhuman
Kevin Feige confirms that Natalie Portman will not be featured in Thor: Ragnarok and says 80-90% of the film "takes place in the cosmos." However, there are still a few scenes on Earth/Midgard.
I'm okay with a "Few" earth scenes. After all, Thor does protect Midgard with his life. But, it was way overboard in the last 2.

Also, I agree I'm glad Natalie Portman is gone. You could tell she just wasn't into it; that and her character was bad.

Old Post May 13th, 2016 09:28 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

good I'm glad, I cannot stand natalie portman

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 13th, 2016 09:54 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'd still bang Natalie though. But she does seem like her breath always smells like salami.

Old Post May 13th, 2016 10:11 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

However, there are still a few scenes on Earth/Midgard.

Yay I still get me some Darcy.

Wonder how they're going to write Jane out after the war TDW ended.

Old Post May 13th, 2016 10:48 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Yay I still get me some Darcy.

Sif kills her

Old Post May 13th, 2016 10:51 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Sif kills her

Oh I'd pay to watch that multiple times

Old Post May 13th, 2016 10:52 PM
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

I want to see Thor lift the Midgard serpent.

Old Post May 13th, 2016 11:01 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Originally posted by playa1258
I want to see Thor lift the Midgard serpent.
I can almost 100% guarantee that won't happen.

Old Post May 13th, 2016 11:13 PM
wakkawakkawakka

Thought this was announced last year but its nice to get reconfirmation. With that said I can't help but fear that Kat Denning's character is going to get crammed in this movie somehow.

Old Post May 13th, 2016 11:19 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Darth Thor

It'd be refreshing if they just said "Thor dumped her". Otherwise they don't need to put in a big effort, they will probably just say she's off doing something science related.

Magic apocalypse's aren't really her area of expertise.

Old Post May 13th, 2016 11:29 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Surtur
It'd be refreshing if they just said "Thor dumped her".

That would be refreshing but would just seem a bit of a random turn given that's been the direction of the last 2 films.

I think your 2nd idea of her being off on a science thing would be better. After all they mention her in both A1 and A2 without her needing to be in it.

Old Post May 14th, 2016 06:51 AM