KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Thor: Ragnarok

Thor: Ragnarok
Started by: Time Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (69): « First ... « 64 65 [66] 67 68 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
"Strongest Avenger"

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Costume was accurate. She was still a goddess of death.
He is a dc posters sock trying to poo poo in a marvels films cornflakes. Hela worked.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 09:17 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672
MAY 2000-NOV 2017

Just saw this. Damn enjoyable!

That's not a bat. This...is a bat.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 06:45 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

This was the most fun I've had at the theater in awhile.

Great performances, incredible visuals, loved the soundtrack and score, great balance of comedy/levity with action and adventure.

Only downside: I wish Karl Urban's Skurge was given more to do.

Joins the Marvel top-tier movie club of Blade, Spider-Man 2, Days of Future Past, Winter Soldier, Deadpool, and Logan.

I'll give it the Chris Stuckmann "A" grade.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 07:39 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Patriotic Judge

Sounds about right. Loved it.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2017 11:41 PM
Ridley_Prime is online now! Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
God Emperor

Just got done watching it. I feel it was an enjoyable but flawed movie that is getting a bit too much praise. That being said Id give it an 8.5/10.

"Beneath this mask there's more than Flesh, there is an idea; and ideas are bulletproof."

Old Post Nov 13th, 2017 08:30 AM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Eh, will have to agree to disagree here. Because I feel the complete opposite about Civil War. I felt like they ruined any kind of serious stakes they built up in that film when Steve sends Tony that letter in the end, which already sets up the redemption arc between those two, before the end credits even rolled. Even have a comment dropped in Spiderman: Homecoming about Tony making Cap a new shield, when they are loading stuff onto the plane at the end of the film. And the chances are good that any current "outlaw" heroes will get a pardon when Thanos arrives on Earth, because all hands will be needed on deck to face this threat. So, ultimately, other than some tension during the actual end fight (which, to me personally, wasn't even a great fight) the film did little to change things. Hell, they couldn't even keep Rhodey paralysed until the next film, and already had him in some kind of robo brace.

Whereas you can't bring everything the Asgardians lost back that easily. Because I am not just talking about Thor. I am talking about what that whole nation lost, and what effect that has on the broader Marvel, like the rest of the Nine Realms, with Asgard no longer overseeing things from a position of power. And I think Thor was feeling it, but he was just bottling things up because of the situation. Because there are moments, like during the one conversation with Loki (the first time his hands spark up without having Mjolnir), where a brief instance of the rage and pain he feels slips out, before he quickly adopts a more upbeat demeanor and starts to think up solutions. Even in the Dark World, he doesn't seem to grieve much for his dead mother before he refocuses on Malekith and the Aether.

Originally posted by Darth Thor
That whole scene was certainly set up well.

That said VaultDweller also has a point, that the big repercussion of the Avengers splitting up, is already started to be reconcilled by the end of the film.

So in terms of big repercussions, there was certainly a lot more in Thor. Sure it probably would have been felt more if they spent a little less time giving us jokes, and a few more scenes where we feel the emotion of all the loss.

That said, we had the more serious film with Civil War, so I didn't mind this being a more fun film (in terms of the tone), especially with the Hulk and Loki playing such big parts.

I appreciate the responses, but it's not really what I'm getting at. If that's my fault though, that's fair enough.

I'm not talking about consequences and collateral damage, but more the characters and their reactions to them. Even if you don't buy the Civil War example, I can use others. Like Rocket in GOTG when he knows Groot is sacrificing himself. Or even in TDW when Thor goes to see Loki after Frigga dies. You feel the grief and sadness they feel because it's portrayed as affecting them on a deep level.

In Ragnarok, there were at least two times when they could have shown that, and I really think they missed the mark. And because of that, my investment and enjoyment suffered.

And then there's the whole "punctuate action scenes with comedy" stuff that just takes me out of the film altogether.

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured... the first thought forbidden... the first freedom denied chains us all irrevocably."

Old Post Nov 13th, 2017 09:10 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Fair enough. Agree they could have put more emotional depth in there. And they certainly should have with the death of the warriors 3.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2017 01:23 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
KMC's #1 Rated Member

Caught it on Saturday, rather fun/enjoyable. Easily the best of the Thor films and a solid addition to the MCU. Liked the more jovial tone of this one. Korg was great as a comedic relief

Laughed when Thor showed the clear edge in his battle with Hulk.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 13th, 2017 06:18 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TethAdamTheRock

So is Thor now Officially King Thor? Or will Loki use the space gem to repair his eye and recreate his hammer?

Old Post Nov 13th, 2017 06:22 PM
TethAdamTheRock is currently offline Click here to Send TethAdamTheRock a Private Message Find more posts by TethAdamTheRock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
KMC's #1 Rated Member

While I suspect the return of Mjolnir in InfinityWars, Thor doesn't really need it anymore; he has the power internally. Well, he needs the hammer to fly I guess.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2017 06:24 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
"Strongest Avenger"

My predictions between Hulk and Thor were confirmed. Did anyone really doubt my wisdom ? Next up Infinity War and my claims Thanos is superior to Ronan though others have argued for Ronan. I have always correctly stated Thanos is the grand villain.

Your time is coming.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2017 06:34 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
KMC's #1 Rated Member

Originally posted by quanchi112
My predictions between Hulk and Thor were confirmed. Did anyone really doubt my wisdom ? Next up Infinity War and my claims Thanos is superior to Ronan though others have argued for Ronan. I have always correctly stated Thanos is the grand villain.

Your time is coming.

Huh? You said Hulk would win; Hulk was on the ropes more times than Thor and the fight was stopped cos the Grandmaster knew Thor was going to defeat his champion/Hulk if the fight continued.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2017 06:49 PM
quanchi112
"Strongest Avenger"

Originally posted by Robtard
Huh? You said Hulk would win; Hulk was on the ropes more times than Thor and the fight was stopped cos the Grandmaster knew Thor was going to defeat his champion/Hulk if the fight continued.
False, you tried making me say Hulk would win. I said Hulk would look superior without a winner. He definitely proved himself to be the powerhouse in the fight.

GM can't see the future anymore than he can see the revolution that took place. The guy was a moron but he was corrupt and didn't want to take the chance.

Thor woke up sore. Poor guy.

Hulk was too busy winning the film.

Baby arms.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2017 06:51 PM
Robtard
KMC's #1 Rated Member

Thor looked superior, he styled all over Hulk with his superior combat prowess, took Hulk pounding him in the face repeatedly without much problem. Which film did you watch?

Old Post Nov 13th, 2017 06:53 PM
quanchi112
"Strongest Avenger"

Thor looked superior, he styled all over Hulk with his superior combat prowess, took Hulk pounding him in the face repeatedly without much problem. Which film did you watch?
Hulk has superior skill which I have always claimed. Hulk showed off his superior physicality and even mocked Thor's baby arms. Hulk ko'd Thor. Thor woke up in pain. What film did you watch ?

Old Post Nov 13th, 2017 06:56 PM
Robtard
KMC's #1 Rated Member

Originally posted by quanchi112
Hulk has superior skill which I have always claimed. Hulk showed off his superior physicality and even mocked Thor's baby arms. Hulk ko'd Thor. Thor woke up in pain. What film did you watch ?

WTF? Now you're saying Hulk is the superior skilled fighter? LoL. Not only have you not said that before, it's complete lunacy. Hulk was a brawler, while Thor was using fighting techniques.

I watched the film where Thor showed he is indeed a slight notch above Hulk. It's called "Thor: Ragnarok:"

Last edited by Robtard on Nov 13th, 2017 at 07:08 PM

Old Post Nov 13th, 2017 07:04 PM
quanchi112
"Strongest Avenger"

WTF? Now you're saying Hulk is the superior skilled fighter? LoL. Not only have you not said that before, it's complete lunacy. Hulk was a brawler, while Thor was using fighting techniques.

I watched the film where Thor showed he is indeed a slight notch above Hulk. It's called "Thor: Ragnarok:"
Thor has superior skill. Hulk is the phsuial specimen. You know my iPad autocorrected Thor into Hulk.

So it's a Thor film what does the title have to do with the facts of their fight ?

Thor lost. He was sore. He never ko'd the Hulk and the Hulk recovered from this lightning Thor posters claimed he wouldn't use because Hulk couldn't take it.

Your opinion runs opposed to the facts.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2017 07:16 PM
StiltmanFTW

He was sore and had his wounds nursed, lol.

Hulk had no scratch on him and kept coming at Thor.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2017 07:27 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
"Strongest Avenger"

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
He was sore and had his wounds nursed, lol.

Hulk had no scratch on him and kept coming at Thor.
People still claim Thor has superior durability. This isn't a well kept secret it's brow beaten into the audience. Thor has the skill edge with ranged attacks while Hulk has the strength and durability edge.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2017 07:35 PM
Robtard
KMC's #1 Rated Member

Thor tanking the Bifrost and Sokovia explosions say otherwise. Those are film facts.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2017 08:29 PM