KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Captain Marvel VS Kurse

Captain Marvel VS Kurse
Started by: LordofBrooklyn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (32): « First ... « 26 27 [28] 29 30 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
One Big Mob
Dead

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Lol Morrison is prob more of a cokehead than Casey.
Yeah but at least he's consistent. It'd be more akin to Jimmy Page prior to In Through the Outdoor (but with H).
He needs that high to get him through his work. And he makes great shit on it.

Casey seems like the kind that just sketches out and loses control. Sucks dick etc.

Gaiman seems like another one of those inspiration coke heads.

In the end it's all about a connection to the comics. And even without Casey's c smoking, there's an extreme disconnect between his infamous Superman interviews and what goes on in comics. Although that might just be because his work actually has to go through a filter in comics. Imagine him with no boundaries writing Superman...
Even Carver would probably start feat whoring Superman.

Which is why well all interviews are supposed to be inadmissible, some are grounded in enough reality to merit some consideration. At least imo.
Though I am personally not a fan of them being used as proof, but just speaking on them in general.

Last edited by One Big Mob on Jul 31st, 2014 at 07:38 PM

Old Post Jul 31st, 2014 07:36 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Branlor Swift

Casey seems like the kind that just sketches out and loses control. Sucks dick etc
laughing out loud

thumb up

Old Post Jul 31st, 2014 07:49 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Actually Casey's Superman has insane feats on top of my head

He faced, every hero in the planet
Psych out the myx twins
Cool down a white dwarf star
Defeated a canibal planet
Defeated 3 reality warpers

Morrison's superman was on par of his imo

Thank You Prof. T.C McAbe, You are Superman!

Old Post Jul 31st, 2014 08:34 PM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Rao Kal El
Actually Casey's Superman has insane feats on top of my head

He faced, every hero in the planet
Psych out the myx twins
Cool down a white dwarf star
Defeated a canibal planet
Defeated 3 reality warpers

Morrison's superman was on par of his imo
I'm not saying his feats weren't good, I'm saying his interview Superman is way the shit better. Hell, didn't he say that Superman could have defeated Imperiex in one of them

Old Post Jul 31st, 2014 08:58 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

I'm not saying his feats weren't good, I'm saying his interview Superman is way the shit better. Hell, didn't he say that Superman could have defeated Imperiex in one of them

Abhi has that as his desktop background.

#JustSupermanThings

Old Post Jul 31st, 2014 09:05 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maxivitopowe
Herr Universem

How has this not been closed yet?

Ignore list : BoardWalker

Old Post Jul 31st, 2014 09:15 PM
maxivitopowe is currently offline Click here to Send maxivitopowe a Private Message Find more posts by maxivitopowe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by Galan007
if WBH couldn't kill red she-hulk with 'one or two' punches, i have a very hard time believing that he could kill galactus with the same number of blows.

that is all. smile
red she hulk = WBH
That's why.

even so, i think it's laughable to assume her resistance to physical attacks>>>>>galactus.
why? She was amped to WBH levels.

-General Zod: Superman II

Last edited by h1a8 on Jul 31st, 2014 at 10:17 PM

Old Post Jul 31st, 2014 10:15 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

if WBH couldn't kill red she-hulk with 'one or two' punches, i have a very hard time believing that he could kill galactus with the same number of blows.

that is all. smile

I never said I agreed with it.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jul 31st, 2014 10:22 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

At least we know now the guy was on drugs. Makes sense to say such silly things.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2014 12:42 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

I was referring more as how he talks and praises superman in the interview and how that reflects in his comics. Not necessarily that he will beat IP.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2014 01:40 AM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Originally posted by JBL
snip

Neither link is working, meaning your claims are not proven. And you never answered my question. Are you officially saying no writer ever wrote Superman with dynamic strength before Casey?

Because it's not the story that's being presented as proof, it's his interview. I think anyway.

If the guy was just a cracked up base head than his infamous "Superman 2black2strong" loses merit. Especially when he was caught lying or something while cooking down a rock.

At least I think that's what's being discussed from a quick skim.

Also I thought writer interviews were inadmissible. Or at the very least writer interviews by retards like Pak and super fanboys like Casey.

The only reason the interview was brought-up is because JBL is either in denial or not smart enough to see the examples shown to him are Superman with dynamic powers. He actually had to have a writer tell him the scene was that.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2014 01:03 PM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JBL
Wrestling God

Originally posted by Delta1938
Neither link is working, meaning your claims are not proven. And you never answered my question. Are you officially saying no writer ever wrote Superman with dynamic strength before Casey?

The only reason the interview was brought-up is because JBL is either in denial or not smart enough to see the examples shown to him are Superman with dynamic powers. He actually had to have a writer tell him the scene was that.
Do you not understand that the character superman following the story line from his creation, throught all the recons and to his current comics does not have dynamic strength? A writer especially a METH HEAD fanboy writer cannot change a ESTABLISHED character. That is why you have things like, pre-crisis, post crisis, dcnu etc. Thats why that interviewer asked that meth head DID YOU TAKE SUPERMAN BACK TO PRE-CRISIS ERA when you wrote that story and he lied. People knew that this was out of character for superman, but casey was trying to suck-up to fans he could not reach to sell more comics ( for more crack ) but it back fired in his face and the very story was used against him. One minute he gets trained to drop BS mental blocks, the next he drops them, the next hes unbeatable, the next he somehow gets blocked again, the next he cannot drop them again, the final one he SUN-AMPS and pushes warWorld ( crackhead writer screw up and have brainac say that superman never had that kind of power. YET HE WAS UNBEATABLE TWO PAGES AGO ) Into a boomtube. But when people questioned the nut, he claimed he did not remember those stories..LMAO. He even himself admitted to lying to make himself look cool, but was really trying to sell a crack induced story to reach buyers that knew he was a wack job. So delta, your big plain failed. I knew you wanted a battlezone so that you could put his interview up while leaving out the IMPORTANT FACTS, i could not address them fully there so i kept it here and allowed you to get help from your friends via PM's ( which you will deny) Let you all call me names and put a big grin on your faces.....AND THEN DROP THE HAMMER ON YOUR COLLECTIVE HEADS. Those fans that stayed out of it were smart. DAMN!! Sorry people i just got a text that a friend of mines just passed away. DAMN. I will be gone a while. But know this, this is just fun on KMC and i like you all, so be good to each other and don't get banned while i'm gone. I just talked to amber at work last night..

Old Post Aug 1st, 2014 09:39 PM
JBL is currently offline Click here to Send JBL a Private Message Find more posts by JBL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zeel

Originally posted by zopzop
Superman holds back a lot when fighting other heroes. CM, AT BEST, is Wonder Woman level (and even then she gets the majority over him), not Superman.

true but on many occasions when other heros fight superman they also hold back. Name me a few occasions when superman fought captian marvel bloodlusted while supes was holding back

Heros in general hold back when fighting each other that's why they call them heros they are not written to kill their friends even in disputes. As far as cap being wonderwoman level goes...........

Wonder woman is mabey faster in combat and is a better fighter but cap is stronger and has better damage soak. In my opinion they are about even in combat small edge to marvel if he fights smart in which he never does.

Last edited by zeel on Aug 1st, 2014 at 10:13 PM

Old Post Aug 1st, 2014 10:11 PM
zeel is currently offline Click here to Send zeel a Private Message Find more posts by zeel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Originally posted by JBL
(please log in to view the image)

So, you make an unsubstantiated claim. You then allegedly post proof, but your links didn't work. Then when I point this out, you go on a temper tantrum that somehow claims victory. And you can't even get your drugs straight, you swap between meth and crack, 'cuz you're clueless. And you try so hard to look cool saying you had this planned all along and I had my friends PM me and all this BS. If you had this all along and you knew what I was going to do in the thread, you'd have been prepared. Nope, you ran away from my battlezone challenge, and then this topic made you a raving lunatic.

And I'm taking it that you are indeed sticking with the "Superman never had dynamic strength under a writer before Casey!!" claim. Here, cry more.

John Byrne explained how he wrote Superman, saying his strength was a form of telekinesis. When he asked, "So what's Superman's limit?" His response was, "Basically, it would be whatever he believes it to be!" So John Byrne, the CREATOR of the Post-CRISIS version of Superman, says Superman(at least under him) had his limits be whatever he believed. Meaning, his powers were dynamic under Byrne.

So what drug problem are you going to claim John Byrne has? Meth addict? Wait, you already screwed-up and swapped between Casey being a meth addict and crackhead, in the same post. Speedball problem? Alcoholic? Into LSD? Perhaps inhaling cat urine? Blue and yellow purple pills? He's been to mushroom mountain, once or twice but boy who's countin'? Cool, calm, just like his mom with a couple of valium in his palm?

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2014 04:00 AM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

The comedy that is JBL is too great to deny.

Please don't alert him to the other instances of Superman's dynamic strength.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2014 04:00 AM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
The comedy that is JBL is too great to deny.

Please don't alert him to the other instances of Superman's dynamic strength.

I am the true king of the House Of El and I do as I please, court jester.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2014 04:01 AM
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Whats going on in here?

We are all brothers in the Sun, We are all brothers is the house of El.

Lest all point and laugh at JBL (^u^)=o-

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2014 04:15 AM
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Originally posted by Rao Kal El
Whats going on in here?

We are all brothers in the Sun, We are all brothers is the house of El.

Lest all point and laugh at JBL (^u^)=o-

Court jesters must know their place, great Rao.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2014 04:17 AM
LordofBrooklyn

I am the true king of the House Of El and I do as I please, court jester.

The "True" King of the House of El should .....

AT LEAST BE ABLE TO SPELL THE WORD TRUE!

Just look above your avatar, you DAMN FOOL!

PATHETIC!

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2014 12:14 PM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Court jesters must know their place, great Rao.
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
The "True" King of the House of El should .....

AT LEAST BE ABLE TO SPELL THE WORD TRUE!

Just look above your avatar, you DAMN FOOL!

PATHETIC!

If any of you want the rights for the pineapple insertion of JBL , then it shall be decided in a fight. TO THE DEATH!!!

stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2014 01:49 PM