KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Strength Ratings

Strength Ratings
Started by: Prof. T.C McAbe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stoic
Avenger

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Newjak
Way too many characters and variations on the same character in this thread, and way to many agendas hidden in lineup.

And I'm not talking about the OP but just in general everyone is going to have wildly differing lists based on like and dislike for characters.

You could have a hard time getting people to agree on character levels between the different versions of that character. Although that may be the best way to approach this thread.

Organize the different variations of the characters then try and meld those lists into one coherent one.

This is what I was thinking as well. There are simply too many characters listed to be worth any form of debate.

Originally posted by Xplosive
Tyrant already folded Gladiator along with others. Tyrant is completely different leauge, strenght and overall wise.

I just want to say that Gladiator is one of those that could be written that way and wouldn't be blown out of proportions, because he is one of those.

If he can be written to beat Ego down, to tear stars down easily, traveling 100xspeed of light, to contain the power that would destroy half a solar system etc... he was always dangerous.

Even when Hulk beat him in 1997, that was just not real. Gladiator should be too much for that Hulk.

Nowadays... where was WBH far above Gladiator (I have no doubt about that, since Hulk is monstrously over written smile, good that Zeus put him in his place... good that Grek Pak said not even WBH is not level of Zeus)?

Anyway, Gladiator could be written at those level (WBH, Thanos), maybe even was, but we forgot how powerful he can be and to fight with all powers he has, Gladiator is wow.

I know this is strenght wise thread... WBH, WWH, Gladiator > Thanos.

Gladiator was folded by Tyrant, Thanos was able to take his measure. This should tell you all that you need to know. Gladiator at full confidence nearly had his arm broken by that ancient alien several years ago when he threw a punch at him. What I get from your post is that this is how you feel about the character, and not what he is capable of doing against a powerful character in a battle of strength. Nova Prime, and even the new Nova is capable of surpassing the speed of light. Nova just traveled 15 light years in less than 20 minutes. Beta Ray Bill was destroying planets in his battle with Stardust. This does not mean that you can place either of these guys on that level.

WB Hulk and Betty destroyed more than just a planet without even touching the real estate that was turned into dust, and boulders. This is a much larger feat than what Gladiator has ever been written up to. When the Hulk wasn't even at world breaker levels he was measured to be over 113 times stronger than Hercules. Zeus is a Sky Father, and he should be able to defeat a Trans level character as easily as a trans level character should be able to beat a Herald level character. The rest of your post seems to be more of a bait and switch, which has no place here.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2014 01:46 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xplosive
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thanos wasn't folded by Tyrant and Hulk was easily folded by Zeus, so that means Thanos should be stronger than Hulk, which he isn't and never was and that was time when Hulk would be folded just as all those others against Tyrant were and Hulk today should be folded today by excatly the same Tyrant those six were (even WBH who is far above Thanos strenght wise).

Everything is just written here and there nowadays.

And what you said about Hulk and Betty is not at all a much larger feat than Gladiator tearing stars apart with his bare hands easily.

Last edited by Xplosive on Jul 22nd, 2014 at 02:04 PM

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2014 01:57 PM
Xplosive is currently offline Click here to Send Xplosive a Private Message Find more posts by Xplosive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Originally posted by Stoic
This is what I was thinking as well. There are simply too many characters listed to be worth any form of debate.

Gladiator was folded by Tyrant, Thanos was able to take his measure. This should tell you all that you need to know. Gladiator at full confidence nearly had his arm broken by that ancient alien several years ago when he threw a punch at him. What I get from your post is that this is how you feel about the character, and not what he is capable of doing against a powerful character in a battle of strength. Nova Prime, and even the new Nova is capable of surpassing the speed of light. Nova just traveled 15 light years in less than 20 minutes. Beta Ray Bill was destroying planets in his battle with Stardust. This does not mean that you can place either of these guys on that level.

WB Hulk and Betty destroyed more than just a planet without even touching the real estate that was turned into dust, and boulders. This is a much larger feat than what Gladiator has ever been written up to. When the Hulk wasn't even at world breaker levels he was measured to be over 113 times stronger than Hercules. Zeus is a Sky Father, and he should be able to defeat a Trans level character as easily as a trans level character should be able to beat a Herald level character. The rest of your post seems to be more of a bait and switch, which has no place here.

Sorry, so you say that WBH is 11300 in strength if Herc is a 100?

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2014 02:03 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bbrem123

this list needs to be wayyyy shorter

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2014 02:10 PM
bbrem123 is currently offline Click here to Send bbrem123 a Private Message Find more posts by bbrem123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xplosive
Restricted

Account Restricted

And yes it is a popularity contest... someone like Gladiator to lose against Black Bolt (who is very powerful) twice is only because of that. Gladiator should tear him apart every single time... not to mention Black Bolt trading punches with him smile (who is not 1% on Gladiator level going by strenght) ... they would never write Black Bolt trading punches with WWH and hold his own.

Last edited by Xplosive on Jul 22nd, 2014 at 02:17 PM

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2014 02:11 PM
Xplosive is currently offline Click here to Send Xplosive a Private Message Find more posts by Xplosive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Thanos wasn't folded by Tyrant and Hulk was easily folded by Zeus, so that means Thanos should be stronger than Hulk, which he isn't and never was and that was time when Hulk would be folded just as all those others against Tyrant were and Hulk today should be folded today by excatly the same Tyrant those six were (even WBH who is far above Thanos strenght wise).

Everything is just written here and there nowadays.

And what you said about Hulk and Betty is not at all a much larger feat than Gladiator tearing stars apart with his bare hands easily.

Gladiator tore stars apart, but then was torn apart by the Hulk, and a dying one at that. What does that mean to you? I'm really curious. Does it mean that the Hulk could have possessed the amount of strength to also tear apart a similar object? Of course it does, and again that was a Hulk that was dying.

I made a point of Thanos being far above Gladiator by showing you how easily Tyrant dealt with Gladiator while not being able to do the same to Thanos. Please follow what I am saying, and not what you interpret me to be saying.

The Hulk while not even being at world breaker levels was measured to be over 113 times more powerful than Hercules, by taking a hit to his internal organs by a conceptual being named Hope. Gladiator was beaten by Masterson Thor. WB Hulk was completely oblivious to Herald level characters as they hit him in the Dark Dimension. These two aren't comparable.

The difference between what Gladiator did to static object, and what WB Hulk did to them as well as actual opponents on Gladiator's level is pretty clear. One has collateral damage feats, while the other has both collateral damage feats, and combat feats. Before the Hulk was at world breaker levels he ramped up enough power to over power Sakaar's imminent destruction. This is leagues above anything that gladiator has done.

You really don't want to get into a feat war between Gladiator, and the Hulk, because even Savage Hulk of the 70's can more than compete with Gladiator in terms of strength feats. world breaker Hulk was written to be far above this level. Even Mindless Hulk would beat the life out of Gladiator, and he was dying as well. Unless you think Gladiator would be able to beat up on Hercules, Iron Man, Namor, Wonder Man, and Doctor Samson?

And what I said about Betty, and the Hulk was far above anything that Gladiator can do, and has done on panel. Collateral damage only goes so far, when you then compare how well that character does against an actual threat that fights back.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2014 02:17 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Sorry, so you say that WBH is 11300 in strength if Herc is a 100?

Go to the respect thread, and check out what it says in concerns to Hope, and then you tell me. These aren't my words, only what I read in a comic book. Since none of this is real, I don't see why it would be so hard to believe.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2014 02:18 PM
Stoic
Avenger

And yes it is a popularity contest... someone like Gladiator to lose against Black Bolt (who is very powerful) twice is only because of that. Gladiator should tear him apart every single time... not to mention Black Bolt trading punches with him smile (who is not 1% on Gladiator level going by strenght) ... they would never write Black Bolt trading punches with WWH and hold his own.

Gladiator was not able to do any of those things, which means his creators have clearly placed him at that level. You feeling one way or the other about it does not change the canon. You're just a fan like me.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2014 02:20 PM
Xplosive
Restricted

Account Restricted

Gladiator tore stars apart, but then was torn apart by the Hulk, and a dying one at that. What does that mean to you?

What does that mean... very very simple... a popularity contest like many many many times happens in comics... someone very very capable isn't written not even close to his abilites... but then in another issue is a completely different level.

Black Bolt trading punches with Gladiator and holding his own is just a joke.

Black Bolt is not 1% of Gladiator going by strenght.

Gladiator was not able to do any of those things, which means his creators have clearly placed him at that level. You feeling one way or the other about it does not change the canon. You're just a fan like me.

Wow... enough said. What can I tell you... you are right and you win.

Last edited by Xplosive on Jul 22nd, 2014 at 02:30 PM

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2014 02:22 PM
The Sorrow

WBH was basically the personification of physical power, no one in the trans tier and under will be able to match his might outside of external amps. It took other Hulks amped multiple times over (becoming "Worldbreakers" themselves) to be capable of fighting him head-on and even then it was just Hulk doing what he loves... Smashing. Superman is his only near rival when the story calls for it (OWAW) and someone like Thor with the Odin Force would be next. Thanos is stronger than any of the other heralds imo.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2014 02:28 PM
The Sorrow is currently offline Click here to Send The Sorrow a Private Message Find more posts by The Sorrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

What does that mean... very very simple... a popularity contest like many many many times happens in comics... someone very very capable isn't written not even close to his abilites... but then in another issue is a completely different level.

Black Bolt trading punches with Gladiator and holding his own is just a joke.

Black Bolt is not 1% of Gladiator going by strenght.

Wow... enough said. What can I tell you... you are right and you win.

No because collateral damage only goes so far in comics, you have to also take the characters ability at combat against an opponent that can fight back. The Hulk was able to tear through a dimensional barrier more than once. This doesn't mean much if he is unable to do as well against an actual opponent. You want to see it one sided, but refuse to see both sides. This is simple stuff really.

If Gladiator was this powerful, he would have been able to one shot kill a teenage Colossus, but he didn't. The popularity excuse, like the collateral damage argument only goes so far. Canon says that Gladiator is in Black Bolt's league period. Gladiator was measured, and he is simply not the character that you believe that he is. Strong Yes, WB Hulk strong No, not even close.

Last edited by Stoic on Jul 22nd, 2014 at 02:34 PM

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2014 02:31 PM
Xplosive
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by The Sorrow
WBH was basically the personification of physical power, no one in the trans tier and under will be able to match his might outside of external amps. It took other Hulks amped multiple times over (becoming "Worldbreakers" themselves) to be capable of fighting him head-on and even then it was just Hulk doing what he loves... Smashing. Superman is his only near rival when the story calls for it (OWAW) and someone like Thor with the Odin Force would be next. Thanos is stronger than any of the other heralds imo.

I agree that WBH is strongest in that level.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2014 02:31 PM
Xplosive
Restricted

Account Restricted

If Gladiator was this powerful, he would have been able to one shot kill a teenage Colossus, but he didn't.

Would Gladiator be able to one shot and kill teenage Colossus?... yes... will he do it or will happen?... it won't.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2014 02:33 PM
Stoic
Avenger

Would Gladiator be able to one shot and kill teenage Colossus?... yes... will he do it or will happen?... it won't.

If he was capable of doing so, he would have just easily restrained him, and choked him out. He didn't. Marvel never saw him to be above top tier in terms of strength. Look at how strong Thor is. He was able to go at it with guys they would tear Gladiator apart. These two are still top tiers in terms of strength. This isn't a bad thing. The only thing that I'm saying is that Thanos, and the Green Scar, are above top tier at their best. Again collateral damage means nothing. All top tiers have crazy ass collateral damage feats.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2014 02:39 PM
Insane Titan

Lol at the Gladiator nonsense

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2014 02:39 PM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Insane Titan
Lol at the Gladiator nonsense

Exactly. He's strong, I'll give him that, but he's not Trans tier strong, which has be proven time and time again, and it will be proven again in the future. Bet on it.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2014 02:44 PM
LordofBrooklyn

1)Superman OWAW- Sundipped taken into account.
2)WBH- The 2nd greatest display of strength in comics history.
Current Hulk
3)Ultraman, after a nose of knite- To smash a heralds face with minimal effort says it all. It is similar to what would happen if I grabbed Bada by his snout and exacted justice
4)Superman, pre DCnU- The augmentation at the end of the Pre DCNU places him here.
5)Savage Hulk- Feat after feat of insane strength.
6)Doomsday, HP- The adaptation from DOS puts him here.
7)B & T Thor (with Gem, when he was just imprisoned in a Forceblock)- If the Odinson started to consciously tap into the gem he would be higher.
8)WWH- The battles in the arc are impressive as well as the feats.
9)Death Sentry- I feel this should be higher given the Celestial feat but the others have more showings
10)Doomsday, DOS- Pushing Superman to the point of killing says it all.
11)Superman, DCnU- A recent boost in power justifies the ranking.
12)Thanos, before the IG saga- The feats are few and far beaten but the beating of groups of high heralds physically decides it.
13)Of Thor- If you include the Reigning storyline there is enough for the Blonde Whore.
14)Captain Marvel, pre DCnU- Enough feats and battles for the champion of magic.
15)Maestro- There is a lot of implied power so I'll grant the Maestro the benefit of the doubt.
16)Black Adam WW3- There is a WWH effect where the opponents are holding back.
17)VoidSentry- The most impressive feat almost assuredly involved matter manipulation. The look on Thor's face when he grabbed him though.
18)Thor- This seems about right for Thor.
19)WWH Sentry- The calming aura plays a part.
20)Gladiator (full confidence)- Even with the qualification his power is hard to quantify.
21)Wonder Woman, pre DCnU- Diana could move up a spot arguably but lacks the space feats.
22) Silver Surfer- The nature of the character and feats.
23)Martian Manhunter, pre DCnU- Another character that could range up on implied power.
24)Wonder Woman, DCnU uncuffed- More showings will result in a higher ranking.
25)Wonder Woman, DCNU Cuffed- I think Diana should be lower but the feats say otherwise.
26) Tutinax- I think Tutinax edges Grey Hulk
27) Grey Hulk- Original shade Banner is in the right place.
28)Shazam DCnU- Billy needs more feats.
29)Black Adam DCNU- See above.
30)Martian Manhunter DCNU
31)Aquaman DCNU

* Superman FC & Captain Marvel FC*- Lifting infinity says it all but the more interesting debates involve the other characters/versions.

*Superdoom*- Too early

*Thor from the Gorr arc*- Shared feats and hyperbole make an accurate appraisal difficult.

*Thanos, after he lost the Cosmic Cube and was beaten by the Avengers*- There weren't many moments to gauge pure strength.

*Thanos, when he arrived on earth to find his Son*- If we got to see Super Saiyan Thanos in action that would change things.

This is the DEFINITIVE list!

I will CRUSH any who challenge the King of Canon's judgement here!

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2014 09:17 PM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
1)Superman OWAW- Sundipped taken into account.
2)WBH- The 2nd greatest display of strength in comics history.
Current Hulk
3)Ultraman, after a nose of knite- To smash a heralds face with minimal effort says it all. It is similar to what would happen if I grabbed Bada by his snout and exacted justice
4)Superman, pre DCnU- The augmentation at the end of the Pre DCNU places him here.
5)Savage Hulk- Feat after feat of insane strength.
6)Doomsday, HP- The adaptation from DOS puts him here.
7)B & T Thor (with Gem, when he was just imprisoned in a Forceblock)- If the Odinson started to consciously tap into the gem he would be higher.
8)WWH- The battles in the arc are impressive as well as the feats.
9)Death Sentry- I feel this should be higher given the Celestial feat but the others have more showings
10)Doomsday, DOS- Pushing Superman to the point of killing says it all.
11)Superman, DCnU- A recent boost in power justifies the ranking.
12)Thanos, before the IG saga- The feats are few and far beaten but the beating of groups of high heralds physically decides it.
13)Of Thor- If you include the Reigning storyline there is enough for the Blonde Whore.
14)Captain Marvel, pre DCnU- Enough feats and battles for the champion of magic.
15)Maestro- There is a lot of implied power so I'll grant the Maestro the benefit of the doubt.
16)Black Adam WW3- There is a WWH effect where the opponents are holding back.
17)VoidSentry- The most impressive feat almost assuredly involved matter manipulation. The look on Thor's face when he grabbed him though.
18)Thor- This seems about right for Thor.
19)WWH Sentry- The calming aura plays a part.
20)Gladiator (full confidence)- Even with the qualification his power is hard to quantify.
21)Wonder Woman, pre DCnU- Diana could move up a spot arguably but lacks the space feats.
22) Silver Surfer- The nature of the character and feats.
23)Martian Manhunter, pre DCnU- Another character that could range up on implied power.
24)Wonder Woman, DCnU uncuffed- More showings will result in a higher ranking.
25)Wonder Woman, DCNU Cuffed- I think Diana should be lower but the feats say otherwise.
26) Tutinax- I think Tutinax edges Grey Hulk
27) Grey Hulk- Original shade Banner is in the right place.
28)Shazam DCnU- Billy needs more feats.
29)Black Adam DCNU- See above.
30)Martian Manhunter DCNU
31)Aquaman DCNU

* Superman FC & Captain Marvel FC*- Lifting infinity says it all but the more interesting debates involve the other characters/versions.

*Superdoom*- Too early

*Thor from the Gorr arc*- Shared feats and hyperbole make an accurate appraisal difficult.

*Thanos, after he lost the Cosmic Cube and was beaten by the Avengers*- There weren't many moments to gauge pure strength.

*Thanos, when he arrived on earth to find his Son*- If we got to see Super Saiyan Thanos in action that would change things.

This is the DEFINITIVE list!

I will CRUSH any who challenge the King of Canon's judgement here!

It is a great List but I was hoping for numbers ^^.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2014 09:29 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Wow, surprisingly civil thread so far.
At least until someone ends up crushed...

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2014 09:48 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
It is a great List but I was hoping for numbers ^^.

The numbers are for little people.

The King of Canon has done his job! cool

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2014 09:51 PM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote