KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Strength Ratings

Strength Ratings
Started by: Prof. T.C McAbe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LordofBrooklyn

quote: (post)
Originally posted by riv6672
Wow, surprisingly civil thread so far.
At least until someone ends up crushed...

It will remain civil as no one is FOOLISH enough to challenge my rankings!

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2014 09:53 PM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Actually, i'd switch 1 and 2 on your list....angel

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2014 09:56 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
The numbers are for little people.

The King of Canon has done his job! cool

That shit is all wrong. Where is He-Man? I thought that he was supposed to be infinitely strong? I guess he isn't. Oh and number 2 should be in the number 1 slot.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2014 10:15 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Actually, i'd switch 1 and 2 on your list....angel

YOU DARE QUESTION, THE KING OF CANON!

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2014 10:20 PM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by Stoic
That shit is all wrong. Where is He-Man? I thought that he was supposed to be infinitely strong? I guess he isn't. Oh and number 2 should be in the number 1 slot.

Perhaps someone hacked into your account and posted that message.

Are you REALLY challenging my list?

Answer carefully! mad

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2014 10:22 PM
JBL
Wrestling God

It will remain civil as no one is FOOLISH enough to challenge my rankings!
Don't worry, everyone already knew you would put superman in the number one spot the minute this thread was created for that very reason. smokin'

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2014 10:35 PM
JBL is currently offline Click here to Send JBL a Private Message Find more posts by JBL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Perhaps someone hacked into your account and posted that message.

Are you REALLY challenging my list?

Answer carefully! mad

You ought to go back through your list. Thanos was able to test his strength against Tyrant, and that's the type of character that punches other characters through planets, and they keep going. Thor is also too low, and so is the Sentry, and WW Hulk. Instead of taking all of these versions of the same character you failed to add Zod, Blue Marvel, Hyperion, Brutaal, and Majestic. That's me thinking about it carefully, do you want the wild with reckless abandoned version?

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2014 10:39 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by JBL
Don't worry, everyone already knew you would put superman in the number one spot the minute this thread was created for that very reason. smokin'

Warworld justifies the ranking.

Give us YOUR list.

Oh wait, that will take actual knowledge of canon of which you have none.

What will your excuse for not making the list be?

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2014 10:40 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Guys, stop the personal shit. Stay on topic.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2014 10:41 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

You ought to go back through your list. Thanos was able to test his strength against Tyrant, and that's the type of character that punches other characters through planets, and they keep going. Thor is also too low, and so is the Sentry, and WW Hulk. Instead of taking all of these versions of the same character you failed to add Zod, Blue Marvel, Hyperion, Brutaal, and Majestic. That's me thinking about it carefully, do you want the wild with reckless abandoned version?

I FAILED at nothing!!!

mad

I took the list as was given.

For your insolence you are now MANDATED to provide a list of your own!

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2014 10:43 PM
riv6672

YOU DARE QUESTION, THE KING OF CANON!

Pretty much?
Hulk is infinitely strong, so yeah.
The test of the list isnt too bad, though. Lots of variables here.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2014 10:56 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Pretty much?
Hulk is infinitely strong, so yeah.
The test of the list isnt too bad, though. Lots of variables here.

Superman pushing Warworld is the greatest strength feat in the history of comics.

Banner's shared feat in the Dark dimension is second.

This justifies the ranking.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2014 11:21 PM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Originally posted by Xplosive
Thanos wasn't folded by Tyrant and Hulk was easily folded by Zeus, so that means Thanos should be stronger than Hulk, which he isn't and never was and that was time when Hulk would be folded just as all those others against Tyrant were and Hulk today should be folded today by excatly the same Tyrant those six were (even WBH who is far above Thanos strenght wise).

Everything is just written here and there nowadays.

And what you said about Hulk and Betty is not at all a much larger feat than Gladiator tearing stars apart with his bare hands easily.
that's silly. merged hulk fought gladiator, thor and drax and all were essentially peers.

you can't power scale gladiator up to the best hulk ever seen. this isn't WWF

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2014 01:30 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Superman pushing Warworld is the greatest strength feat in the history of comics.

Banner's shared feat in the Dark dimension is second.

This justifies the ranking.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2014 01:34 AM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magog

1)Superman OWAW- Sundipped taken into account.
2)WBH- The 2nd greatest display of strength in comics history.
Current Hulk
3)Ultraman, after a nose of knite- To smash a heralds face with minimal effort says it all. It is similar to what would happen if I grabbed Bada by his snout and exacted justice
4)Superman, pre DCnU- The augmentation at the end of the Pre DCNU places him here.
5)Savage Hulk- Feat after feat of insane strength.
6)Doomsday, HP- The adaptation from DOS puts him here.
7)B & T Thor (with Gem, when he was just imprisoned in a Forceblock)- If the Odinson started to consciously tap into the gem he would be higher.
8)WWH- The battles in the arc are impressive as well as the feats.
9)Death Sentry- I feel this should be higher given the Celestial feat but the others have more showings
10)Doomsday, DOS- Pushing Superman to the point of killing says it all.
11)Superman, DCnU- A recent boost in power justifies the ranking.
12)Thanos, before the IG saga- The feats are few and far beaten but the beating of groups of high heralds physically decides it.
13)Of Thor- If you include the Reigning storyline there is enough for the Blonde Whore.
14)Captain Marvel, pre DCnU- Enough feats and battles for the champion of magic.
15)Maestro- There is a lot of implied power so I'll grant the Maestro the benefit of the doubt.
16)Black Adam WW3- There is a WWH effect where the opponents are holding back.
17)VoidSentry- The most impressive feat almost assuredly involved matter manipulation. The look on Thor's face when he grabbed him though.
18)Thor- This seems about right for Thor.
19)WWH Sentry- The calming aura plays a part.
20)Gladiator (full confidence)- Even with the qualification his power is hard to quantify.
21)Wonder Woman, pre DCnU- Diana could move up a spot arguably but lacks the space feats.
22) Silver Surfer- The nature of the character and feats.
23)Martian Manhunter, pre DCnU- Another character that could range up on implied power.
24)Wonder Woman, DCnU uncuffed- More showings will result in a higher ranking.
25)Wonder Woman, DCNU Cuffed- I think Diana should be lower but the feats say otherwise.
26) Tutinax- I think Tutinax edges Grey Hulk
27) Grey Hulk- Original shade Banner is in the right place.
28)Shazam DCnU- Billy needs more feats.
29)Black Adam DCNU- See above.
30)Martian Manhunter DCNU
31)Aquaman DCNU

* Superman FC & Captain Marvel FC*- Lifting infinity says it all but the more interesting debates involve the other characters/versions.

*Superdoom*- Too early

*Thor from the Gorr arc*- Shared feats and hyperbole make an accurate appraisal difficult.

*Thanos, after he lost the Cosmic Cube and was beaten by the Avengers*- There weren't many moments to gauge pure strength.

*Thanos, when he arrived on earth to find his Son*- If we got to see Super Saiyan Thanos in action that would change things.

This is the DEFINITIVE list!

I will CRUSH any who challenge the King of Canon's judgement here!

Not bad, but where's classic Juggs? Easily Top 20.

Drax the Destroyer pre-power down deserves some consideration.

Also, you'd put Aquaman above Hyperion?

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2014 01:54 AM
Magog is currently offline Click here to Send Magog a Private Message Find more posts by Magog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JBL
Wrestling God

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
(please log in to view the image)
This makes that warworld feat look like a child pushing his wagon. laughing

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2014 02:24 AM
JBL is currently offline Click here to Send JBL a Private Message Find more posts by JBL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Due to popular demand and NOT an oversight on my part I will add the following update.

1)Superman OWAW- Sundipped taken into account.
2)WBH- The 2nd greatest display of strength in comics history.
Current Hulk
3)Ultraman, after a nose of knite- To smash a heralds face with minimal effort says it all. It is similar to what would happen if I grabbed Bada by his snout and exacted justice
4)Superman, pre DCnU- The augmentation at the end of the Pre DCNU places him here.
5)Hyperion- Two incredible strength feats along with his treatment of the Hulk place Hyperion here. 6)Savage Hulk- Feat after feat of insane strength.
7)Doomsday, HP- The adaptation from DOS puts him here.
8)B & T Thor (with Gem, when he was just imprisoned in a Forceblock)- If the Odinson started to consciously tap into the gem he would be higher.
9)WWH- The battles in the arc are impressive as well as the feats.
10)Death Sentry- I feel this should be higher given the Celestial feat but the others have more showings
11)Doomsday, DOS- Pushing Superman to the point of killing says it all.
12)Superman, DCnU- A recent boost in power justifies the ranking.
13)Thanos, before the IG saga- The feats are few and far beaten but the beating of groups of high heralds physically decides it.
14)Of Thor- If you include the Reigning storyline there is enough for the Blonde Whore.
15)Captain Marvel, pre DCnU- Enough feats and battles for the champion of magic.
16)ZOD- The general makes his presence known.
17)Maestro- There is a lot of implied power so I'll grant the Maestro the benefit of the doubt.
18)Black Adam WW3- There is a WWH effect where the opponents are holding back.
19)Brutaal- Just right for the Superman.
20)VoidSentry- The most impressive feat almost assuredly involved matter manipulation. The look on Thor's face when he grabbed him though.
21)Thor- This seems about right for Thor.
22)Blue Marvel- A few more showings and he will surpass the Odinson .
23)WWH Sentry- The calming aura plays a part.
24)Gladiator (full confidence)- Even with the qualification his power is hard to quantify.
25)Wonder Woman, pre DCnU- Diana could move up a spot arguably but lacks the space feats.
26) Silver Surfer- The nature of the character and feats.
27)Martian Manhunter, pre DCnU- Another character that could range up on implied power.
28)Wonder Woman, DCnU uncuffed- More showings will result in a higher ranking.
29)Wonder Woman, DCNU Cuffed- I think Diana should be lower but the feats say otherwise.
30) Tutinax- I think Tutinax edges Grey Hulk
31) Grey Hulk- Original shade Banner is in the right place.
32)Shazam DCnU- Billy needs more feats.
33)Black Adam DCNU- See above.
34)Martian Manhunter DCNU
35)Aquaman DCNU

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2014 02:30 AM
Stoic
Avenger

I FAILED at nothing!!!

mad

I took the list as was given.

For your insolence you are now MANDATED to provide a list of your own!

laughing out loud I was just kidding with you brother, your list is just fine provided you bump number 2 up to 1, and bump DOS Doomsday down (eliminating Aquaman sorry -Pr-), and place He Man in his slot (DOS Doomsday's slot).

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2014 03:47 AM
Xplosive
Restricted

Account Restricted

Personally, I don't think that even WBH would last that long as Thanos did against Tyrant, except if Tyrant would toy with him.

Tyrant is just a different league.

Tyrant should return. He really was tyrant.

Originally posted by Magog
Not bad, but where's classic Juggs? Easily Top 20.

What about Apocalypse easily restraining Savage Hulk? Or even almost breaking young Thor with a headbutt?

Last edited by Xplosive on Jul 23rd, 2014 at 05:20 AM

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2014 05:10 AM
Xplosive is currently offline Click here to Send Xplosive a Private Message Find more posts by Xplosive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

The only List here is great and I didn't include Hyperion and others, because it wasn't about a Top20 only about a comparision. Based on Points, herc being 100, Aquaman current could be 100 too. Etc. This way there could be more top dogs in some minds. ^^

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2014 06:17 AM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote