KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Hyperion VS Hulk: TEST OF STRENGTH

Hyperion VS Hulk: TEST OF STRENGTH
Started by: LordofBrooklyn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

What a pity, one Superman clone less in the Marvel U.

As for this thread. Most clones in the Marvel U are on Hulks or above his level.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Jul 25th, 2014 09:20 AM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Anyone see the humor in the abundance of Superman clones as opposed to Hulk clones, and the fact that creators AND fans like to measure the Superman clones against the one and only Hulk?
I do.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2014 10:22 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

quote: (post)
Originally posted by riv6672
Anyone see the humor in the abundance of Superman clones as opposed to Hulk clones, and the fact that creators AND fans like to measure the Superman clones against the one and only Hulk?
I do.

It is funny, because Marvel seems desperately to feel the need to create them and show how they do against hulk because the real deal already proved superior. ^^

Old Post Jul 25th, 2014 10:25 AM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
It is funny, because Marvel seems desperately to feel the need to create them and show how they do against hulk because the real deal already proved superior. ^^

I see it as its way easier for Marvel to create characters that can surpass a baseline Hulk, like Superman often can, than for DC to create a truly Hulk like character with infinite strength potential, that would completely skew the power ratings in the DCU.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2014 11:05 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

I always saw Doomsday as a Hulk, to me, anyway.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2014 11:07 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Originally posted by riv6672
I see it as its way easier for Marvel to create characters that can surpass a baseline Hulk, like Superman often can, than for DC to create a truly Hulk like character with infinite strength potential, that would completely skew the power ratings in the DCU.

Hulk was a Grundy clone. But in DC you will find some Hulk-like or more accurate Grundy-like characters which give Superman trouble. And Ultraman, CM and Superman showed infinite Strength during FC. Strength is dynamic and for chars like Hulk, Superman and, because he just crossed my mind, He-Man this is a deus ex way to overcome the biggest challanges. *shrug

Old Post Jul 25th, 2014 11:15 AM
riv6672

Originally posted by DarkSaint85

He was meant as an avatar of 90s character traits that had made Superman obsolete.
But, the Hulk comparisons were inevitable. Might explain why he's getting ripped in half over at DC lately...

And, Prof, Hulk was modeled after Jekyll and Hyde, but i can see how that wouldnt fit with the point you were trying to make.
A point i dont agree with, but respect.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2014 11:24 AM
carver9

Originally posted by DarkSaint85

Before they ended DCU...they even gave Doomsday the ability to get stronger off anger. They didn't just give him the ability to leap hundreds of ft in the air, adapt etc, like the Hulk, they gave him the 'madder you get the stronger you get' ability as well. Crazy.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jul 25th, 2014 03:00 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by carver9
Before they ended DCU...they even gave Doomsday the ability to get stronger off anger. They didn't just give him the ability to leap hundreds of ft in the air, adapt etc, like the Hulk, they gave him the 'madder you get the stronger you get' ability as well. Crazy.

thumb up

Old Post Jul 25th, 2014 03:04 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote