KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Shazam (2016)

Shazam (2016)
Started by: roughrider

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BruhMan
World Champion

Either way, Black adam or Shazam, it would be the best big casting news DC has had since Cavill as Supes.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2014 01:32 AM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Yep. It would be a major coup too: The biggest action star in the world playing a dc character. rock's movies don't do badly at the box office, so this would have to be an absolute turkey for it to fail.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 25th, 2014 02:56 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

If Rock is Shazam do you think Billy will get alot of screen time? That's my issue with him being Shazam.

I honestly don't think we will see a live action Black Adam, i could be proved wrong but idk.

I'm not Joking, Boy
Ignore list: Abhi for the sake of the forum.
53>6.6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMfDmX86o
My YouTube

Old Post Jul 25th, 2014 03:08 AM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Jason Momoa would be a good fit for Black Adam.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2014 03:24 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
The best thing they could do, imo, is make Adam the anti-hero, and have him do a huge punch-up with Superman. Let them kick the shit out of each other. Would make the fight in Man of Steel look like two toddlers have a slap fight.

Oh Yeah! You're getting me excited!

Old Post Jul 25th, 2014 03:26 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

The Rock as "Black" Adam will be a success

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 25th, 2014 04:36 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Originally posted by pym-ftw
If Rock is Shazam do you think Billy will get alot of screen time? That's my issue with him being Shazam.

I honestly don't think we will see a live action Black Adam, i could be proved wrong but idk.

I don't know who the heck they would use as a villain if not Black Adam. He's got to be Shazam's most if only known villain.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2014 05:19 AM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

Probably a superman villain that they dont lnow how to fit in a standard narrative (Mos2, JL, Mos3, JL2) if i had to guess probably Mongul.

Edit: look at all the Bat rogues showing up in Arrow.

I'm not Joking, Boy
53>6.6
My YouTube

Last edited by pym-ftw on Jul 25th, 2014 at 05:28 AM

Old Post Jul 25th, 2014 05:26 AM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

I'd actually want them to fit mongul into Man of steel 2, but after Injustice, all the animated features, Black adam is in the public eye even if he's not hugely popular. It's debatable he may end up being a bigger draw than the star.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2014 05:30 AM
pym-ftw
Mizukage

Im guessing

Mos2: DD
JL: DS win via bfr
Mos3: Lobo
JL2: DD loses to an experienced JL

I'm not Joking, Boy
53>6.6
My YouTube

Old Post Jul 25th, 2014 05:35 AM
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by JayDaDon
I don't know who the heck they would use as a villain if not Black Adam. He's got to be Shazam's most if only known villain.

Sivana.

There is also Mr. Mind but I admit he's not as famous.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jul 25th, 2014 05:46 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Sivana is probably somewhere at the very bottom of the Z-list though. They could probably have both with BA being the main course .

Old Post Jul 25th, 2014 06:28 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I'm going with Black Adam after seeing Dwayne's latest tweet.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2014 07:40 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by Kazenji
I'm going with Black Adam after seeing Dwayne's latest tweet.

Post it.

Originally posted by JayDaDon
Sivana is probably somewhere at the very bottom of the Z-list though. They could probably have both with BA being the main course .

Sivana is legit, but I'm a sucker for D-listers so I can't probably argue against it.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2014 07:48 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Bentley
Post it.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 25th, 2014 07:54 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Awesome thumb up

Dwayne gets the appeal of it all.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2014 07:55 AM
roughrider
Thunderer

It is a bit of a quandary. Black Adam is Shazam's most famous adversary, but the character has been at his best in the past twenty years as an anti-hero who wants to dispense old world justice, so I'd prefer Adam & Shazam to be adversarial in philosophy but ultimately team up.

That leaves more mystical foes like Eclipso, Blaze, Mister Mind...Sivana? I'd rather not go down the Lex Luthor route.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jul 25th, 2014 02:27 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Originally posted by roughrider
I think it's the right call to get one of the biggest movie stars today to play Shazam, because that's the selling point to get the unknowing public into theatres. It's not the same as Superman, who is much better known as a concept and it's better to cast lesser known actors in the role.
Pretty much. They need to get a big name actor to get this going. Superman and Batman could have anybody go into the role and it's gonna make money.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2014 02:47 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Kazenji
(please log in to view the image)

Yeah that looks to me like he's hinting at Black Adam there.

He'd certainly be a better fit into the DCCU, with the more serious tone MOS has given us, just not sure where Cap. Marvel will fit into it then. And there is something nice they would be missing out on if they don't take the route of the little kid shouting the magic word Imho.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2014 03:53 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

I thought there would have been some news regarding this.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2014 07:14 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote