KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Shazam (2016)

Shazam (2016)
Started by: roughrider

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ares834

Same. Probably deliberately holding back though as they won't want such news overshadowed by Marvel.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2014 07:18 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dwayne Johnson will be awesome whichever role he's in. I would be more concerned about the script/director.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2014 07:23 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

All signs point to Black Adam and im OK with that.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2014 07:45 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Black Adam as an anti-hero could work, and fit in with the whole "Dark and Gritty" tone of the DCCU. But I feel like he would just come across as a General Zod type, but huge and fighting villains.

I'd prefer it if he were Captain Marvel, and then joins the Justice League later. I just see some really fun scenes happening with a guy the size of The Rock, who is almost as powerful as Superman interacting with the JL but acting like a kid.

I think fun scenes like that would balance out all the serious stuff nicely in the DCCU.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2014 10:14 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

The rock playing up the kid act could make for some really funny scenes.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2014 10:48 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

So Dwayne Johnson has confirmed he is indeed playing Black Adam.

https://ca.movies.yahoo.com/news/dw...-192334004.html

This increases the pressure of who they could cast to play Shazam, because he has to be virtually Johnson's equal.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2014 11:16 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

quote: (post)
Originally posted by roughrider
So Dwayne Johnson has confirmed he is indeed playing Black Adam.

https://ca.movies.yahoo.com/news/dw...-192334004.html

This increases the pressure of who they could cast to play Shazam, because he has to be virtually Johnson's equal.

John Cena

Old Post Sep 4th, 2014 12:18 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Well Shazam doesn`t have to be exactly as large as the rock. It kind of makes sense to have the villain look a little more imposing.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2014 12:54 AM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

The guy who played the Tick.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2014 12:56 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

How about Joe Manganello?

Old Post Sep 4th, 2014 02:26 AM
pym-ftw
Mizukage

Didn't like him in sabotage, but then again i disliked sabotage.

Any breakouts for Joe?

I'm not Joking, Boy
Ignore list: Abhi for the sake of the forum.
53>6.6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMfDmX86o
My YouTube

Old Post Sep 4th, 2014 03:20 AM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Awesome news even if it was expected. Was kinda hoping the Rock would play Cap, but I'm more than happy with him playing Black Adam.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2014 03:37 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Originally posted by pym-ftw
Didn't like him in sabotage, but then again i disliked sabotage.

Any breakouts for Joe?

To be honest nothing spectacular, he's one of those guys with potential that are waiting for a huge platform. Like the Rock, he has an instantly likeable personality and can do comedy (How I met your Mother). And the dude is jacked as hell.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2014 04:12 AM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by JayDaDon
To be honest nothing spectacular, he's one of those guys with potential that are waiting for a huge platform. Like the Rock, he has an instantly likeable personality and can do comedy (How I met your Mother). And the dude is jacked as hell.

Yes! He was awesome in HIMYM, and looking at his performance on that show I can easily see him playing the big kid. And damn I want my bod to be like his.

Plus I think it's about time he caught a big break so yeah I'd be all for that casting.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2014 02:48 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Hes an on the rise star id probably say hes most known for Magic mike. But the dude was also Flash Thompson in the Raimi Spider-Man.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2014 08:37 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

as long as they cast sofia vergara to be in the film too big grin

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Sep 4th, 2014 09:34 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

But the dude was also Flash Thompson in the Raimi Spider-Man.

Lol I know. I was shocked when I first learned that was him.

But hey that's just more proof he can play a big kid. Between that and True Blood and HIMYM the guy obviously has range. Would be great if he makes it big. Especially great if he does it through the superhero genre, and a nice irony he started out as Flash Thompson.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Sep 4th, 2014 at 10:07 PM

Old Post Sep 4th, 2014 10:03 PM
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'll repeat in this thread:

My choice for director is Spike Jonze

My choice for Shazam is Michael Trucco. I wouldn't be totally opposed to Joe Manganello getting the role. If WB is smart, they'll choose someone based on acting talent rather than physique. As we saw with Chris Pratt, physique can be built.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2014 10:17 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

He was the runner up for Superman, recently. He's looking for the next platform to raise his profile, like Henry Cavill was once. Think I'd be okay with him physically, for the role.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Sep 4th, 2014 11:01 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Firefly218
I wouldn't be totally opposed to Joe Manganello getting the role. If WB is smart, they'll choose someone based on acting talent rather than physique. As we saw with Chris Pratt, physique can be built.

Chris Pratt even with his bulking up does not have the right physique for Shazam. Especially when BA is being played by The Rock.

Obviously actings the most important thing, but with this particular part the physique is also going to be really important to the role, so they can't do a Wonder Woman job with it, and put some skinny guy through training for a few months. In fact considering Cap Marvel might be Billy most the time, and The Rock will obviously take a lot of the screen time as well, the Physique may actually be more important than the acting for this particular part. Just depends how they plan go about the role. But either way the Physique is really important for this one IMHO.

And Joe's acting skills are good. This particular role I think he'd be well suited for. But who knows who WB will pick in the end. It's not like any of their casting decisions have been predictable.

Crap, I just thought.. What if Jason Momoa isn't Aquaman and he's Shazam?! Because that Aquaman rumor still hasn't been confirmed, but the last time he was interviewed about it he hinted he's hiding something.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Sep 4th, 2014 at 11:19 PM

Old Post Sep 4th, 2014 11:14 PM