KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Sequel Trilogy - why bother?

Sequel Trilogy - why bother?
Started by: chilled monkey

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sinious
Yo Da Best

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
No, really. We had that.

So you ignored my entire post where I explained why Revenge of the Sith didn't provide what you said?

Old Post Jul 26th, 2014 12:19 AM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by chilled monkey
Wrong.

I decide for myself what I consider to be canon. To me the books/comics etc are what happened.

Now maybe (just maybe) the new movies will actually be good (although I doubt it), in which case I'll consider them a parallel universe.

If Disney told you to stop breathing would you do it, or would you think for yourself and say "no, I'll keep on breathing."

Says who? A bunch of suits? I don't let suits tell me what to enjoy and what not to. I adore those characters so to me they exist.

If Disney thinks they can tell me how to live my life, they can get stuffed. I apologize for saying this, but it seems to me like people here are acting like brainwashed drones that only think what Disney tells them to.

No one gives half a shit what you think. You're entitled to like what you want but yes, Disney does in fact decide what is canon or not in Star Wars.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2014 01:15 AM
Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I decide for myself what I consider to be canon. To me the books/comics etc are what happened.
Well then shut the f*ck up and quit your b*tching. No one cares about you.

Originally posted by Sinious
So you ignored my entire post where I explained why Revenge of the Sith didn't provide what you said?
Did you ignore the part where you're post began with "not really" as a response to my "we already had that"? Don't open with a contradictory sentence fragment and then b*tch that the rest was overlooked. Your presentation sucks.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2014 02:28 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Did you ignore the part where you're post began with "not really" as a response to my "we already had that"? Don't open with a contradictory sentence fragment and then b*tch that the rest was overlooked. Your presentation sucks.

Wow take a chill pill, no need to get angry and insult people. We are just talking here. Are you always this sad? sad

Old Post Jul 26th, 2014 03:08 AM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

So you ignored my entire post where I explained why your post didn't mesh with what was initially posited?

Old Post Jul 26th, 2014 03:13 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

This is getting sadder with each post you make.

I didn't like the acting in ROTS and couldnt take it serious enough to consider it dark and philosophical since the trilogy was filmed for little kids. Simple as that. So stop trying to start conflicts out of nothing with that childish attitude of yours.

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Jul 26th, 2014 03:18 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

This is getting sadder with each post you make.

I didn't like the acting in ROTS and couldnt take it serious enough to consider it dark and philosophical since the trilogy was filmed for little kids. Simple as that. So stop trying to start conflicts out of nothing with that childish attitude of yours.
Revenge of the Sith:

Was, or was it not, rated PG-13?

Old Post Jul 26th, 2014 03:36 AM
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Only because of the ending(where Kenobi cuts Anakin's legs-arm and lets him burn).

It doesn't mature up the rest of the movie. By the way, Im not saying they should change the concept in the next movies. Just saying that this style of movies aren't for my taste.

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Jul 26th, 2014 03:41 AM
NTJack0
Ranger

Ah Star Wars fans, such an unhappy bunch we are.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2014 06:19 AM
Click here to Send NTJack0 a Private Message Find more posts by NTJack0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Yeah LMAO. If you're gonna ***** about something, at least wait until you know what exactly you're bitching about.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Jul 26th, 2014 06:35 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Only because of the ending(where Kenobi cuts Anakin's legs-arm and lets him burn).

Errr... Anakin murdering children, Windu getting his arm cut off, face melted and thrown out of a window... Dooku getting beheaded, Grievous' head literally immolating, pretty much Order 66 in its entirety.

There were a shit ton of dark scenes in this movie- and more darkly portrayed death then in any of the other films. If they had made the scenes anymore graphic, the movie would have been R.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jul 26th, 2014 06:37 AM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

Originally posted by NemeBro
No one gives half a shit what you think.

I'm curious, have I hurt your feelings in some way? Do you consider me stating my opinions to be a personal affront of some kind?

Originally posted by NemeBro
Disney does in fact decide what is canon or not in Star Wars.

No, each person decide what is canon to him/her. If you don't like something that happens in a series, you can chose to ignore it. That is because we, as humans, have a gift called free will. You need to start thinking for yourself.

Well then shut the f*ck up and quit your b*tching. No one cares about you.

Sinious said it very eloquently:

Wow take a chill pill, no need to get angry and insult people. We are just talking here. Are you always this sad? sad

Indeed.

Seriously LL, you need to lighten up.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2014 01:53 PM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Here's the thing: Once the new ones are made, we'll have... *both* versions!

The old ones won't go away, there just won't be new stuff made for them.

I'm a fan of many things that have multiple continuities.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2014 02:18 PM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ace Hambone

Star Wars movies have always been for kids. I don't know any Star Wars lovers who wasn't a kid when they first saw the movies - whether that was OT or PT.

The comics and novels and whatnot can provide a progression of sophistication for a maturing fan to discover on his or her personal journey of fandom, but to make an adult movie - movies being the point of entry for most fans - would be a huge departure. I would guess Disney will aim for the same level Marvel has in their Avengers related movies.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2014 05:43 PM
Click here to Send Ace Hambone a Private Message Find more posts by Ace Hambone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Indeed.

Seriously LL, you need to lighten up.
And you need to get what's been said to you through your head. Your beloved EU is not privileged.

No, each person decide what is canon to him/her.
lol wut?

Last edited by Lord Lucien on Jul 26th, 2014 at 10:42 PM

Old Post Jul 26th, 2014 10:35 PM
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Im perfectly happy if they don't make new Star Wars. However, since they are, am giving it a chance. Excited, but also cautious cause it may turn out to ruin things further. If lucas did ep 7-9, might be a different story. But, curious to see how it turns out without lucas. Disney will make a fortune, so the risk to there investment is low. Fans get what they get I guess...

Old Post Jul 26th, 2014 11:13 PM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Yes my young apprentices, thou shalt not complain just yet.

Like Phantom Menace, you'll have your whole lives ahead of you to do so after it comes out.

wink

I like George.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2014 11:53 PM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Disneys stocks been growing for the past years. Was thinking of buying when they bought lucas film. If ep7 sucks I hope they take a hit. Although it probably won't with all the crap they can do with it. Merchandise, rides, etc. The true fans will get shot, but there's still the not knowing any better kids that will help disneys industry.

Also, no pressure on Abrams to make his dec 2015 date no matter what....

Last edited by JediRobin23 on Jul 27th, 2014 at 02:00 AM

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 01:48 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by JediRobin23
The true fans will get shot...

Well, with how many of the "True Fans" became whiny bitches about the PT, I'm not really concerned at all about what the True Fans think. The True Fans are also seem like the type that don't like Michael Bay Transformers films despite how well they do.

I for one hope the Sequel Trilogy performs very well and they deliver a good Star Wars experience. No matter what is produced, no matter how good, no matter how well it performs, there will still be a ridiculous number of "True Fans" that will whine about the ST. They enjoy being contrarians. They enjoy hating popular things. Every major niche geeky thing has these types.* It just so happens that Star Wars is the biggest of these niches.

*I've seen it in the following things:

Magic: The Gathering
Warhammer 40,000
Star Trek
Dune
LotR and Hobbit films
Comic Books
Popular Manga Series
Stuff in the Horror genre (film and books)

Just seems quite common. People love to complain and contradict. That's okay: I don't like everything, as well. But geeky types, like we are (I consider it a compliment) are pretty dang picky about some things and they should be allowed to be. That's what makes it fun to be a geek: arguing with your friends about the stuff you love. smile

Last edited by dadudemon on Jul 27th, 2014 at 02:29 AM

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 02:26 AM
Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ace Hambone

The ST will hook a new generation of fans, and those who become 'true fans' will have plenty of EU stuff to satisfy their geek needs.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 03:44 AM
Click here to Send Ace Hambone a Private Message Find more posts by Ace Hambone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote