KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Ozymandias vs Captain America

Ozymandias vs Captain America
Started by: carver9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (32): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NemeBro
I did though.

You didn't.

You're still dodging my question.

smile

Old Post Jul 26th, 2014 10:51 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Nah, try someone less savvy to your antics dadudemon.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2014 10:52 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Nah, try someone less savvy to your antics dadudemon.

These are not antics. If you want to convince me of your arguments, tell me about the times Steve Rogers was injured and the conditions surrounding them...if any exist.

It is pretty simple, really.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2014 10:55 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by dadudemon
This thread has been done.

Strength is comparable but Ozy if far faster and far more skilled.

There is no contest. Ozy wins 10 out of 10 times.

Cap would struggle to win any against Night Owl or Rorschach much less Ozy.
This. This thread has been done three times now. Ozy wins.

PWNT

Old Post Jul 26th, 2014 10:55 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

These are not antics. If you want to convince me of your arguments, tell me about the times Steve Rogers was injured and the conditions surrounding them...if any exist.

It is pretty simple, really.
Nah, I'd have to watch the movies again to remember every showing of durability Cap had and I just don't really feel like doing that. As you've said in the past: Do your own work. smile I'll stick to the durability feat that matters (Aka, the one where Cap endures an attack beyond Ozymandias' means to replicate).

Also I don't want to convince you of anything. There's nothing to convince. thumb up

Old Post Jul 26th, 2014 11:06 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Cap's fallen several hundred feet without so much as a bruise.

Also he took repeated full force punches to the face from Winter Soldier's bionic arm, while he was fully mounted. The same arm that dug furrows in concrete, ripped a car door clean off it's hinges, ripped an entire steering column out of a car, and threw Cap's shield hard enough to impale it halfway into a van. The worst he got from that was the skin on the bridge of his nose split open.

Last edited by KingD19 on Jul 26th, 2014 at 11:12 PM

Old Post Jul 26th, 2014 11:10 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Does Cap have any showings that proves he could hit Ozy? The skill difference is significant imo. Huge edge to Ozy. So this is basically speed and skill vs durability.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jul 26th, 2014 11:37 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Nah, I'd have to watch the movies again to remember every showing of durability Cap had

No you wouldn't. You'd just have to list the injuries and the circumstances that surrounded them (again, if they exist).

As you've said in the past: Do your own work. smile

That's not how that works. I cannot easily find these feats you speak of (I don't torrent movies). They are also not posted in this thread.

Originally posted by KingD19
Cap's fallen several hundred feet without so much as a bruise.

Also he took repeated full force punches to the face from Winter Soldier's bionic arm, while he was fully mounted. The same arm that dug furrows in concrete, ripped a car door clean off it's hinges, ripped an entire steering column out of a car, and threw Cap's shield hard enough to impale it halfway into a van. The worst he got from that was the skin on the bridge of his nose split open.

Thanks. thumb up

I'll have to take a look at how Steve got a bloody nose to see how it fits into these vs. threads.

Originally posted by carver9
Does Cap have any showings that proves he could hit Ozy? The skill difference is significant imo. Huge edge to Ozy. So this is basically speed and skill vs durability.

Yes, that's what I thought. And Ozy has durability in spades, as well.

Skull was Steve's "equal" but did Skull ever injure Steve in the first film? If he didn't, despite the fight they had, then I don't see Ozy injuring Steve, as well. If Skull did, yes, this easily goes to Ozy.

Last edited by dadudemon on Jul 26th, 2014 at 11:41 PM

Old Post Jul 26th, 2014 11:39 PM
NemeBro

No you wouldn't. You'd just have to list the injuries and the circumstances that surrounded them (again, if they exist).
Seeing as how I don't have an eidetic memory and can't recall a single time he was injured enough to be incapacitated (I say this because the laser which shot him out of a window and onto a car did hurt him, but he got back up and continued fighting) yeah, I really would.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2014 11:41 PM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Skull didn't hurt him I don't believe.

And the speed at which Soldier and Steve were having that knife fight seems to be faster than anything in Watchmen.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2014 11:46 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Seeing as how I don't have an eidetic memory and can't recall a single time he was injured enough to be incapacitated (I say this because the laser which shot him out of a window and onto a car did hurt him, but he got back up and continued fighting) yeah, I really would.

The laser just knocked him down, it was a bomb that knocked him out the window.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2014 11:47 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Okay, so you don't know. No big deal. King seems to have the expert stuff covered. smile

Old Post Jul 26th, 2014 11:52 PM
dadudemon

Skull didn't hurt him I don't believe.

I don't remember him hurting Cap, either.

And the speed at which Soldier and Steve were having that knife fight seems to be faster than anything in Watchmen.

The more I hear/read about this new Cap film, the better it sounds. Is it available on Blu Ray in September. I have to wait that long to see it. sad

Old Post Jul 26th, 2014 11:54 PM
NemeBro

Okay, so you don't know. No big deal. King seems to have the expert stuff covered. smile
Right, so Cap wins. thumb up

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 12:02 AM
dadudemon

Right, so Cap wins. thumb up

I did not concede that point, yet. smile

As I see it, Captain still loses because he has no way of tagging Ozy.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 12:55 AM
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Why are people ignoring that Dr. M was the only one in that universe with legit super powers.

Ozy was faster and stronger than any of the watchmen except Manhattan. That still doesn't mean he can take out someone with actual super powers like Cap. Even if (debatable) Ozy is more skilled than Cap. Cap still is stronger, more durable, has a healing factor, wont get tiered cause of super stamina, enhanced reflexes, etc.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 12:59 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Inhuman
Why are people ignoring that Dr. M was the only one in that universe with legit super powers.

Ozy was faster and stronger than any of the watchmen except Manhattan. That still doesn't mean he can take out someone with actual super powers like Cap. Even if (debatable) Ozy is more skilled than Cap. Cap still is stronger, more durable, has a healing factor, wont get tiered cause of super stamina, enhanced reflexes, etc.

The Watchmen, while supposed to be just Peak Human, at best, actually have feats that are well into the Superhuman.

Basically, within their universe, sure, they may just be peak humans. However, in our universe, they would be superhumans: especially Ozy's feats of speed and strength.

From what I can tell, Captain does not have strength feats that compare to Ozy's best.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 01:01 AM
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

The Watchmen, while supposed to be just Peak Human, at best, actually have feats that are well into the Superhuman.

Basically, within their universe, sure, they may just be peak humans. However, in our universe, they would be superhumans: especially Ozy's feats of speed and strength.

From what I can tell, Captain does not have strength feats that compare to Ozy's best.

Like what feats? name them?

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 01:02 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Remind me what Ozy's best strength feats are again.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 01:02 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Inhuman
Like what feats? name them?

Originally posted by Silent Master
Remind me what Ozy's best strength feats are again.

Dude...not this.

The thread is only 2 pages long. Just read the thread. erm

Hey, Nemebro, how come you're not calling out people for shit like the above? no expression

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 01:09 AM