KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Ozymandias vs Captain America

Ozymandias vs Captain America
Started by: carver9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (32): « First ... « 22 23 [24] 25 26 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by h1a8
You basically ignored what I said. This is trolling.

Yes, I'm trolling you. Because you're stubborn, inappropriately arrogant, but still dumb as a pile of poopy. And it's fun to troll people like you.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2020 06:40 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by dadudemon
Yes, I'm trolling you. Because you're stubborn, inappropriately arrogant, but still dumb as a pile of poopy. And it's fun to troll people like you.

Yes I'm dumb in some areas yet smart in others (relatively speaking). For example, I'm smarter in math and science than most people. I Have a masters in mathematics and have many great achievements in the area of teaching mathematics.

Also my intelligence fluctuates over time like a sign wave (as all do). Some days I'm very sharp, others I'm pretty dull. My intelligence is never fixed.

To defeat my in debating is to use logic, as that is what should be used to make all decisions.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Jan 26th, 2020 07:41 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

^ *Sine wave

I will never be a memory.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2020 08:32 PM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

You are begging the question (circular reasoning). You are assuming that he must be focused on the hammer, cylinder, and trigger pull in order to spot the bullet coming out in order to prove he was focused on the hammer, cylinder, and trigger pull. In other words, you are assuming what you are trying to prove.

Most of his focus could be on the gun in general, nothing specific. He sees the gun fire and the bullet come out, he acts. Not rocket science.

Begging the question "occurs when an argument's premises assume the truth of the conclusion, instead of supporting it" that is actually what you're doing. I'm questioning your conclusion by asking you to support it. so far you haven't.

So once again, if he's focusing on the gun in general. how is he able to see the bullet. but not the trigger, hammer and cylinder. You haven't actually given a valid reason he's able to see one, but not all the others.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2020 11:15 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by Silent Master
Begging the question "occurs when an argument's premises assume the truth of the conclusion, instead of supporting it" that is actually what you're doing. I'm questioning your conclusion by asking you to support it. so far you haven't.

So once again, if he's focusing on the gun in general. how is he able to see the bullet. but not the trigger, hammer and cylinder. You haven't actually given a valid reason he's able to see one, but not all the others.

You were assuming he has to focus on the trigger pull and hammer to prove that he focused on the trigger pull and hammer. This is circular reasoning.

Anyone with decent human experience knows about focusing on a general object WITHOUT focusing on something in particular on that object. You can see someone's face without noticing the blemish on their chin until they tell you and you, for the first time, see it. You can see a revolver fire without seeing the trigger pull or hammer move.

Another example, let's say you and your friend are playing with those toy guns that shoot the suction darts (slow moving). He points the gun at you and you see the gun in general. He shoots it and you see the dart comes out and swat it out the air. You reacted to the dart without noticing the trigger press. This is not only possible it is extremely likely in that situation.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2020 12:06 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Who are you saying wins? Ozy or Cap?

Old Post Jan 27th, 2020 12:09 AM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

You were assuming he has to focus on the trigger pull and hammer to prove that he focused on the trigger pull and hammer. This is circular reasoning.

Anyone with decent human experience knows about focusing on a general object WITHOUT focusing on something in particular on that object. You can see someone's face without noticing the blemish on their chin until they tell you and you, for the first time, see it. You can see a revolver fire without seeing the trigger pull or hammer move.

Another example, let's say you and your friend are playing with those toy guns that shoot the suction darts (slow moving). He points the gun at you and you see the gun in general. He shoots it and you see the dart comes out and swat it out the air. You reacted to the dart without noticing the trigger press. This is not only possible it is extremely likely in that situation.

No, I listed multiple alternative explanations. that is literally the exact opposite of begging the question, which again "occurs when an argument's premises assume the truth of the conclusion, instead of supporting it".

You're the one assuming that your conclusion is the only possible one.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2020 12:09 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Yes I'm dumb in some areas yet smart in others (relatively speaking). For example, I'm smarter in math and science than most people.

That might be true. I don't really know. Based on our conversation in this thread and what I've seen of you in others, you know enough to be dangerous but not enough to...I don't know? To have any form of legitimacy or utility in a conversation about anything. I don't know how to describe it. Knowing something at all about these topics is better than not knowing anything at all which is what the average person is: they know nothing about most of these topics.

I Have a masters in mathematics and have many great achievements in the area of teaching mathematics.

This I highly doubt. Your posts make me think you're 17-21 years old. And your grasp over basic logic and physics makes me think you're closer to 13-15. No, I am not trolling. It's the impression you give.

Also my intelligence fluctuates over time like a sign wave (as all do). Some days I'm very sharp, others I'm pretty dull. My intelligence is never fixed.

Yup, you're right, it fluctuates up and down. Depends on sleep, diet, mental fatigue, and emotional state.

To defeat my in debating is to use logic, as that is what should be used to make all decisions.

You have long since been defeated and have forgone all logic and reasoning. You come off as a tantrum-throwing idiot, not actually intelligent or reasonable. This is probably why people take the piss out of you so much. I do it because you get mad over stupid shit and you're inappropriately arrogant: my favorite type of person to troll. It would be different if you were kind to everyone while still being stubborn about your positions: good people are good people even if they are stubborn about stuff they believe. But your not so you're not even an underdog in this convo with others. You're just an illogical, ignorant, obstinate, grumpy pants. So it's super super enjoyable to troll you. Sorry, you'll attract haters by being you.

Originally posted by Eon Blue
^ *Sine wave

Unless English is a second language, I stand by my previous position: I highly doubt he has a masters in Mathematics. When you get to the graduate level of math, you're writing papers about math. Proofs, essays, research, etc. The number of times he would have had to say, read, and write "sine, cosine, tangent," etc. is in the thousands to tens of thousands of times.

I prefer the Morpheus way of interacting online: "Show me." "Stop trying to hit me and hit me." Don't tell me you know kung fu. Show me.

Last edited by dadudemon on Jan 27th, 2020 at 02:42 AM

Old Post Jan 27th, 2020 02:39 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Who are you saying wins? Ozy or Cap?

Cap. I used to think Ozy. But Cap's feats in subsequent movies makes him beat Ozy.

Just basing it off of the first Captain America movie, Ozy wins. But he has far more feats than just that.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2020 02:43 AM
h1a8

No, I listed multiple alternative explanations. that is literally the exact opposite of begging the question, which again "occurs when an argument's premises assume the truth of the conclusion, instead of supporting it".

You're the one assuming that your conclusion is the only possible one.

Your argument is that in order to see the bullet in the air, he has to be focused primarily on the trigger pull, hammer, and cylinder. Note: he could not see the hammer due to the angle (look at the scene and you will see why).

That's faulty. The conclusion does not follow from the premises.
Why? Because it's possible to see the bullet without noticing those things.
I gave various examples to prove it (i.e the toy example).

I'll help you out though (seriously). Assuming that he was focused on the trigger pull and cylinder (which I proved he wasn't due to the scene not showing him focused on either), then he still has to see the bullet in order to catch it? Why? Because

1. He moved after the gun fired, and not while the trigger was being pulled or the cylinder was revolving. He first moved when the bullet was already in the air (the cylinder was not moving anymore). He has less than 0.01 seconds to get his hand up in the exact position. The margin of error is so great to get the hand in the right position at the right time that it's not really possible to pull that off if he waits until after the gun fires and doesn't see the bullet. For instance, 0.001s too late or too early and his hand will miss the bullet.

2. The path of the bullet is not equal to the line that comes from the muzzle before the fire. He caught the bullet dead center in his hand.

3. Concerning 1. (the large margin of error), If he didn't see the bullet then he still has to have at least 0.005s calculation and perception times to time the bullet. 0.005s perception and calculation times gives slow motion perception. The brain can process shit that fast automatically means things are a lot slower to him than a normal person. He must see the bullet! Even if he didn't (which I proved wasn't the case) then This still supports the goal of Ozy will perceive Cap much slower than a human would. In other words, winning the debate of him seeing the bullet still loses the debate of him having superhuman level perceptions.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2020 03:38 PM
Silent Master

Your argument is that in order to see the bullet in the air, he has to be focused primarily on the trigger pull, hammer, and cylinder.

That isn't my argument at all. your claim/argument is that Ozy "had to" see the bullet. I merely provided alternative possibilities. Possibilities that you haven't refuted.

Now, are you done lying about my argument?

Old Post Jan 27th, 2020 03:42 PM
h1a8

That might be true. I don't really know. Based on our conversation in this thread and what I've seen of you in others, you know enough to be dangerous but not enough to...I don't know? To have any form of legitimacy or utility in a conversation about anything. I don't know how to describe it. Knowing something at all about these topics is better than not knowing anything at all which is what the average person is: they know nothing about most of these topics.

This I highly doubt. Your posts make me think you're 17-21 years old. And your grasp over basic logic and physics makes me think you're closer to 13-15. No, I am not trolling. It's the impression you give.

Yup, you're right, it fluctuates up and down. Depends on sleep, diet, mental fatigue, and emotional state.

You have long since been defeated and have forgone all logic and reasoning. You come off as a tantrum-throwing idiot, not actually intelligent or reasonable. This is probably why people take the piss out of you so much. I do it because you get mad over stupid shit and you're inappropriately arrogant: my favorite type of person to troll. It would be different if you were kind to everyone while still being stubborn about your positions: good people are good people even if they are stubborn about stuff they believe. But your not so you're not even an underdog in this convo with others. You're just an illogical, ignorant, obstinate, grumpy pants. So it's super super enjoyable to troll you. Sorry, you'll attract haters by being you.

Unless English is a second language, I stand by my previous position: I highly doubt he has a masters in Mathematics. When you get to the graduate level of math, you're writing papers about math. Proofs, essays, research, etc. The number of times he would have had to say, read, and write "sine, cosine, tangent," etc. is in the thousands to tens of thousands of times.

I prefer the Morpheus way of interacting online: "Show me." "Stop trying to hit me and hit me." Don't tell me you know kung fu. Show me.

It's not important that you believe me or not. What's important is that some here are extremely bias towards marvel characters and troll almost every post. You do nothing about it. Silent, Josh, Quan, for instance, are well known trolls. I never seen you troll them. Makes me think you are bias as well.

Doesn't matter. All that matters is that I debate, others don't. I will continue to debate. Anyone wants to debate against me is more than free.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2020 09:26 PM
h1a8

That isn't my argument at all. your claim/argument is that Ozy "had to" see the bullet. I merely provided alternative possibilities. Possibilities that you haven't refuted.

Now, are you done lying about my argument?

Classic Silent. Ignore the post that proves you are wrong.

Your argument is that in order to see the bullet in the air, he has to be focused primarily on the trigger pull, hammer, and cylinder. Note: he could not see the hammer due to the angle (look at the scene and you will see why).

That's faulty. The conclusion does not follow from the premises.
Why? Because it's possible to see the bullet without noticing those things.
I gave various examples to prove it (i.e the toy example).

I'll help you out though (seriously). Assuming that he was focused on the trigger pull and cylinder (which I proved he wasn't due to the scene not showing him focused on either), then he still has to see the bullet in order to catch it? Why? Because

1. He moved after the gun fired, and not while the trigger was being pulled or the cylinder was revolving. He first moved when the bullet was already in the air (the cylinder was not moving anymore). He has less than 0.01 seconds to get his hand up in the exact position. The margin of error is so great to get the hand in the right position at the right time that it's not really possible to pull that off if he waits until after the gun fires and doesn't see the bullet. For instance, 0.001s too late or too early and his hand will miss the bullet.

2. The path of the bullet is not equal to the line that comes from the muzzle before the fire. He caught the bullet dead center in his hand.

3. Concerning 1. (the large margin of error), If he didn't see the bullet then he still has to have at least 0.005s calculation and perception times to time the bullet. 0.005s perception and calculation times gives slow motion perception. The brain can process shit that fast automatically means things are a lot slower to him than a normal person. He must see the bullet! Even if he didn't (which I proved wasn't the case) then This still supports the goal of Ozy will perceive Cap much slower than a human would. In other words, winning the debate of him seeing the bullet still loses the debate of him having superhuman level perceptions.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2020 09:27 PM
Silent Master

Classic Silent. Ignore the post that proves you are wrong.

Why would I respond to a post that was attempting to "refute" an argument I never made? If you want me to respond, try being honest and respond to my actual argument.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2020 09:33 PM
dadudemon

It's not important that you believe me or not. What's important is that some here are extremely bias towards marvel characters and troll almost every post. You do nothing about it. Silent, Josh, Quan, for instance, are well known trolls. I never seen you troll them. Makes me think you are bias as well.

It's because you have two problems:

1. A heaping case of super AIDS in your poopyhole.
2. Confirmation Bias

Silent Master and I have argued about tons of stuff over the years. Same with Quan (it's also why I think Quan is awesome and legendary: we argued about stuff, he conceded stuff, I conceded stuff: it is awesome when you're having fun and not being a jerkbuttpoopyface). I don't think I've ever interacted with Josh.

Doesn't matter. All that matters is that I debate, others don't. I will continue to debate. Anyone wants to debate against me is more than free.

You don't debate. You scream and yell the same old and tired points over and over even when asked for logical justifications and evidence: you provide none.

That's not debating someone: that's masochism. Best option is to ignore you. Second best option is to play around and joke. Which is partly what I do.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2020 10:07 PM
h1a8

It's because you have two problems:

1. A heaping case of super AIDS in your poopyhole.
2. Confirmation Bias

Silent Master and I have argued about tons of stuff over the years. Same with Quan (it's also why I think Quan is awesome and legendary: we argued about stuff, he conceded stuff, I conceded stuff: it is awesome when you're having fun and not being a jerkbuttpoopyface). I don't think I've ever interacted with Josh.

You don't debate. You scream and yell the same old and tired points over and over even when asked for logical justifications and evidence: you provide none.

That's not debating someone: that's masochism. Best option is to ignore you. Second best option is to play around and joke. Which is partly what I do.

Quan concede? That's impossible. You are lying your ass off. And I'm not talking about your debates with them. I'm talking you reading their posts addressing others.

Scream and Yell?
Don't provide logical justifications?
That's a false statement. That's all I do is make logical justifications. If you or anyone disagree with the logical justification then you are supposed to address WHY you disagree by showing the error (or providing a counter example).

Trolling members are generally lazy here and don't have the energy to dissect arguments. Then again, that's the purpose of this forum (to debate).

Lastly, I love being wrong. That's because I learn and grow when I discover I am. I don't grow much being right. I highly respect those who dissect my argument and prove me wrong. I have conceded more than any member here. If I am wrong on anything then it is members using faulty logic to prove that I'm wrong.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2020 08:56 AM
h1a8

Why would I respond to a post that was attempting to "refute" an argument I never made? If you want me to respond, try being honest and respond to my actual argument.

Because you can.

Lack of response Implies that you don't know how to defeat it. Concession excepted.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2020 08:56 AM
Silent Master

Because you can.

Lack of response Implies that you don't know how to defeat it. Concession excepted.

That isn't a valid reason for me to reply to a strawman.

Incorrect, you strawmanning is a concession that you can't refute my stance/argument.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2020 09:07 AM
dadudemon

Lastly, I love being wrong.

No you don't. You avoid acknowledging it like the plague. Just look at this thread.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2020 01:28 PM
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

H1 is a blatant hypocrite.

I will never be a memory.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2020 01:55 PM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote