KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Ozymandias vs Captain America

Ozymandias vs Captain America
Started by: carver9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (32): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carver9

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Inhuman
I said non holding back Cap. you think he was trying to kill any of those men?
Lets say Cap had to fight 2 batrocs. He could take them out both at the same time. After Cap got serious he pretty much 1 shotted Batroc (a person that showed great fighting skill)

Batroc? Post the scene. Who has Cap one shot koed that makes you think he could drop the two Ozy worked? Hell, what scenes of Cap makes you think he could beat two Super humans or walk through Super humans the way Ozy did? Let's stop playing the making up game and actually post showings.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 03:21 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Originally posted by carver9
Batroc? Post the scene. Who has Cap one shot koed that makes you think he could drop the two Ozy worked? Hell, what scenes of Cap makes you think he could beat two Super humans or walk through Super humans the way Ozy did? Let's stop playing the making up game and actually post showings.

ok so now we are saying there were more super humans in watchmen other than Dr. M and OZY (debatable).
lol. disagree heavily. dont want to get into that convo sorry.

anyhow here is the fight you asked for

when Cap stopped messing around he KO'ed batroc easily. Also with no slow motion effects to enhance the fighters abilities

Last edited by Inhuman on Jul 27th, 2014 at 03:32 AM

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 03:27 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

ok so now we are saying there were more super humans in watchmen other than Dr. M and OZY (debatable).
lol. disagree heavily. dont want to get into that convo sorry.

anyhow here is the fight you asked for

when Cap stopped messing around he KO'ed batroc easily. Also with no slow motion effects to enhance the fight with visuals

laughing out loud

Cap had a hard time in that scene against a person that doesn't have close to the showing Owl man has, let alone Ozy. You are hilarious. He was huffing and puffing during that scene. That guy gave him a fight...someone that Ozy would completely annihilate, EASILY...without getting touched.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 03:34 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

laughing out loud

Cap had a hard time in that scene against a person that doesn't have close to the showing Owl man has, let alone Ozy. You are hilarious. He was huffing and puffing during that scene. That guy gave him a fight...someone that Ozy would completely annihilate, EASILY...without getting touched.

Guess we look at that scene differently . Cause i saw batroc being easily disposed of after Cap stopped messing around.
Lets agree to disagree smile

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 03:35 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Guess we look at that scene differently . Cause i saw batroc being easily disposed of after Cap stopped messing around.
Lets agree to disagree smile

I don't want to agree to disagree though. What fts does Batroc have that puts him on Owlman level...even close to it? Also, do you think Cap would have walked through two Batrocs without getting touched?

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 03:38 AM
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

I don't want to agree to disagree though. What fts does Batroc have that puts him on Owlman level...even close to it? Also, do you think Cap would have walked through two Batrocs without getting touched?

I would but it would be a waste of time trying to discuss this if you think watchmen was full of super powered people.

also I dont see Oxy being a threat like winter soldier was. If WS couldnt put cap down OZY sure as hell isnt.

Last edited by Inhuman on Jul 27th, 2014 at 03:47 AM

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 03:42 AM
NemeBro

Originally posted by dadudemon
Dude...not this.

The thread is only 2 pages long. Just read the thread. erm

Hey, Nemebro, how come you're not calling out people for shit like the above? no expression
Because I've been playing Destiny's open beta.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 03:45 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

I would but it would be a waste of time trying to discuss this if you think watchmen was full of super powered people.
It sort of was though, lol.

Even Laurie was strong enough to snap bone with contemptuous ease.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 03:46 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

also I dont see Oxy being a threat like winter soldier was. If WS couldnt put cap down OZY sure as hell isnt.

OMG. What showing during that scene puts winter soldier above Ozy? How about this, what fighting scene from Winter soldier puts Winter Soldier above Owlman? Does he have fts of taking down a prison full of men with ease? With one punch? That scene shows that Winter Soldier can fight, but how good can he fight? That's like me saying "since Bane gave Batman a fight, he can stomp Captain America".

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 03:52 AM
dadudemon

Originally posted by Silent Master
It's a strawman because Cap actually knocked people around the same distance as Ozy,* the people you're listing have the strength to send people hundreds of times further.

T-that's exactly my point, not yours. Don't try and make my point and pass it off as yours.

*Not the same. Go back and read my point on that, again, and see why they are not equal feats. You'r focusing on "distance" and not focusing on the very specific thing the differentiates the feats.

Originally posted by NemeBro
Because I've been playing Destiny's open beta.

That is understandable. thumb up

Party on and ignore this shit.

Also, Carver is utterly raping the arguments in this thread. laughing

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 03:57 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

OMG. What showing during that scene puts winter soldier above Ozy? How about this, what fighting scene from Winter soldier puts Winter Soldier above Owlman? Does he have fts of taking down a prison full of men with ease? With one punch? That scene shows that Winter Soldier can fight, but how good can he fight? That's like me saying "since Bane gave Batman a fight, he can stomp Captain America".

The point was that cap took on legit (not debatable) super powered people. Red skull, winter soldier, and it took WS shooting him a few times and also pounding on his face with his bionic arm to put Cap down. And he still wasnt KO'ed. It's laughable to think Ozy a normal human or debatable human with some slight super powers can take down cap.
What showing of power does Ozy have to indicate he can dish out more punishment than WS or red skull?
Punching some drywall? Throwing some people? He's fast I give him that.

Last edited by Inhuman on Jul 27th, 2014 at 04:07 AM

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 04:04 AM
carver9

The point was that cap took on legit (not debatable) super powered people. Red skull, winter soldier, and it took WS shooting him a few times and also pounding on his face with his bionic arm to put Cap down. And he still wasnt KO'ed. It's laughable to think Ozy a normal human or debatable human with some slight super powers can take down cap.

Again, what showing of Winter soldier puts him above Owlman?

Can't remember the Red Skull scene. What did Red Skull do that puts him so high?

No one is saying Cap sucks or that the people he fought isn't dangerous but you're not helping Cap here. You posted a fight of him fighting Batroc with his shield and actually got a work out from it. It was far away from a one shot and I highly doubt Cap could have walked through two Batrocs (one doesn't have any fts comparable to Owlman) with the ease Ozy ran through Owlman and an experienced companion. Can you not grasp this? Ozy worked a guy with ease (without getting touched) that was punching through Concrete and was a super human fighter as well. Then he allowed the guy to pick up a knife and dodged every swing he threw at close range while crushing his head through Marble and again, he did this while holding back. Without getting a second wind like Cap had against a feat less guy. Hell, iirc, he was breathing heavy after the elevator scene.

Then we have Ozy completely dominating two powerful fighters while talking to them. He was even blocking their attacks without looking at them. The guy wasn't even trying. The fts you are providing is good but you have to come better than that if you want to convince someone that Cap is beating Ozy.

Last edited by carver9 on Jul 27th, 2014 at 04:15 AM

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 04:12 AM
carver9

Let's look at this scene. There is one guy left on the Elevator vs Cap. This one guy was able to electrocute Cap twice before falling.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=f1xmaS2E_qA

Really?

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 04:28 AM
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

All I want to know is do you think Ozy, a debatable super human had enough power to put down cap?
OZY would have to output more power than 3 or 4 bullets from a fire arm and on top of that getting pounded by a bionic arm. It has to be be more damage than that because cap was still not KO'ed.

So if you say yes then you are saying ozy>winter soldier +firearm (legit super powered person) damage output.
Doesn't matter how fancy Ozys martial arts and speed are, he still doesn't have the raw power to ko or take out cap.

Last edited by Inhuman on Jul 27th, 2014 at 04:49 AM

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 04:45 AM
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Let's look at this scene. There is one guy left on the Elevator vs Cap. This one guy was able to electrocute Cap twice before falling.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=f1xmaS2E_qA

Really?

You are ignoring so much from the elevator scene and the street fight with Winter Soldier scene.
The elevator scene was actually a plus for cap. Taking on multiple trained men in a tight area. Those men were also his friends he didnt want to kill them , he was holding back. He was handcuffed with magnetic cuff and electrocuted and he still beat their assess.
Ozy would be ko'ed if he got tazed like cap did.
In the street scene you ignored how WS punches cracked the street when he missed Cap. The same punches that were pounding on Caps face in the end scene.
You also missed the speed they were fighting at. That their blows were sending each other flying. Caps blow send WS into the side of a van denting it. later WS cut the van open with a knife.
Lowballing aside ill ask again...

quote:
All I want to know is do you think Ozy, a debatable super human had enough power to put down cap?
OZY would have to output more power than 3 or 4 bullets from a fire arm and on top of that getting pounded by a bionic arm. It has to be be more damage than that because cap was still not KO'ed.

So if you say yes then you are saying ozy>winter soldier +firearm (legit super powered person) damage output.
Doesn't matter how fancy Ozys martial arts and speed are, he still doesn't have the raw power to ko or take out cap.

I know slow-mo effects look cool and make punches and kicks look way more powerful than they are but that doesn't mean they automatically are super human. In that case Leonidis from 300 is also super human.

Last edited by Inhuman on Jul 27th, 2014 at 05:30 AM

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 05:25 AM
NemeBro

Leonidas is certainly superhuman.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 05:29 AM
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Leonidas is certainly superhuman.

oh god. roll eyes (sarcastic)
ok scratch that last line i typed in my post. dont want to get into that now because everything else from my post will be ignored.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 05:33 AM
NemeBro

Why is it that you try desperately to ignore superhuman feats in human characters?

Do you think Karate Kid isn't superhuman as well?

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 05:37 AM
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Why is it that you try desperately to ignore superhuman feats in human characters?

Do you think Karate Kid isn't superhuman as well?

Movie karate Kid? NOPE!
Again if we get into this then my original post and point will be lost and ignored in walls of texts. We can have that convo some other time.
And i dont think all characters dont have have super human feats I just dont easily crown them super human for any slow motion fight scene or any other eye candy camera trick to enhance the visuals of the fight.
Besides visuals we also have feats by some movie characters people are blowing out of proportion that regular strong humans can duplicate or are in the same ballpark or tier.
If the director used slow motion effects on the cap, winter soldier fights , cap would be airborne for like 10 -15 seconds after WS sends him flying back with his blows.

lets save this for another time and thread.

Last edited by Inhuman on Jul 27th, 2014 at 05:52 AM

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 05:46 AM
carver9

Ozy is obviously faster, better fighter and has super strength. With enough blows, yes, he can put Cap down. Cap isn't indestructible ya know. Especially against someone with Ozy strength who kicks were sending people across the room. Who was effortlessly picking people up and tossing them great distance.

Who said anything about slow mo? Ozy was untouchable, period. Experts couldn't land a single lick on him, while he was holding back. The two he fought was his friends as well and they couldn't touch him whereas a partial trained guy who wouldn't even register to someone like Ozy got two good licks in on Cap. Do you not see the difference here? Ozy allowed an EXPERT to pick up a blade and swing it at him and the guy couldn't even land a lick, Ozy dodge it all. Ozy had his back turned to two Super humans and allowed them to swing at him and they couldn't land a lick but an average fighter was able to electrocute Captain America twice. The skill and speed is on two different levels and I don't know how you can sit here and deny this.

Winter soldier giving Cap a fight doesn't mean that he could do the same to Ozy. What that means is Ozy would make short work of Winter Soldier as well.

Wow...Winter Soldier made a small dent in concrete. Whoop de doo. Ozy trashed someone that could do the same and caught his punch like it was nothing. Blitzed him before he was able to turn around and fire his weapon.

Now again, what proof do you have that Cap can just tank the beating Ozy is going to give him? At least now you realize Cap isn't above Ozy.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 06:12 AM