KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Philosophy Forum » On The Technological Singularity

On The Technological Singularity
Started by: Oneness

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

dadudemon, I think we are getting better at imitating intelligence, but I don't think it is true AI.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2014 04:35 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
dadudemon, I think we are getting better at imitating intelligence, but I don't think it is true AI.

Regardless of whether or not it ends up being a P-Zombie, as long as we develop AI that can improve itself faster than most humans can, it will cause us to end up in the Technological Singularity situation...unless we put a stop to it.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2014 05:21 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by dadudemon
Regardless of whether or not it ends up being a P-Zombie, as long as we develop AI that can improve itself faster than most humans can, it will cause us to end up in the Technological Singularity situation...unless we put a stop to it.

Or unless the future unfolds in a different way then we can for see.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2014 05:39 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Or unless the future unfolds in a different way then we can for see.

That's always a possibility. As of right now, we are on an inevitable path for "product development."

I was going to write a paper, on college, on the specifics on what it would take to write a software program that fits the definition in the AI community of "True AI." I selected a different project, however, for that class and wrote stuff on memristors (which was, surprisingly, related to AI).

Basically, the only reason we didn't create this stuff back in the 80s or 90s when we had the computing power was there, is we did not have the human resources. My initial estimate, for 3 years ago, were about 2 million programmers would be required to complete the project in 2 years or less. That was a very liberal estimate with my limited knowledge on all the things we have available.

I am sure it would take far less programmers than that to pull this off. Also, I say programmers, but you would have lead architects and engineers involved, too (perhaps).

Basically, the only thing stopping us, now, from creating an AI that is much much smarter than a human is no companies or countries can spend that much time and effort on pulling something like this off. Even just a million programmers would cost $120,000,000,000 for a 2 year project and that's excluding facility resources and hardware. I'm sure the federal government can afford to put out those funds because they've done so with the F-35. But getting together several Senior Architects and hundreds of thousands programmers together to complete various objects for the project would be insurmountable, currently. What is holding us back is code that writes itself. We need more languages that do this for us in the programming world. When we get to a certain level, then the amount of programmers involved can drastically reduce itself. We need AI to create AI, so to speak.

Last edited by dadudemon on Nov 14th, 2014 at 08:56 PM

Old Post Nov 14th, 2014 08:52 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

An important thing to consider is that super-advanced genetic augmentation and excessive breeding on a global-population scale, culminated with a Venus Project esque civilization with collaborative economy aspects and the full utilization of the increased cognitive surplus such a civilization offers - tens of billions of super-humans could theoretically compete with a full on Strong AI on a cognitive level long enough for a permanent remedy to mortality (neuron to artificial conversion in a live human brain) to be found.

"Compounding these trickster aspects, the Joker ethos is verbally explicated as such by his psychiatrist, who describes his madness as "super-sanity." Where "sanity" previously suggested acquiescence with cultural codes, the addition of "super" implies that this common "sanity" has been replaced by a superior form, in which perception and processing are completely ungoverned and unconstrained"

Old Post Nov 16th, 2014 05:21 PM
KillaKassara is currently offline Click here to Send KillaKassara a Private Message Find more posts by KillaKassara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

dadudemon, where are the flying cars? wink

Old Post Nov 16th, 2014 06:13 PM
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

Transcontinental magnetic-tube vac-trains can go 2,000 miles per hour at two percent of the energy costs of the air-line industry.

"Compounding these trickster aspects, the Joker ethos is verbally explicated as such by his psychiatrist, who describes his madness as "super-sanity." Where "sanity" previously suggested acquiescence with cultural codes, the addition of "super" implies that this common "sanity" has been replaced by a superior form, in which perception and processing are completely ungoverned and unconstrained"

Old Post Nov 16th, 2014 06:46 PM
KillaKassara is currently offline Click here to Send KillaKassara a Private Message Find more posts by KillaKassara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

With our technology, a fossil-fuel/nuclear waste free society, where nothing could possibly cost more than a few cents, is entirely doable.

But it won't happen for the simple fact that it requires massive collaborative planning, the parts for the cutting-edge technology of the cities would cost a fortune (even though the self-autonomy of these cities would save infinite amounts of money). Everyone but me acts on the precipice, my predecessors, you homo sapiens, seem to be too lazy to do anything about it like my humas-superior kin.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2014 06:51 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Oneness
Transcontinental magnetic-tube vac-trains can go 2,000 miles per hour at two percent of the energy costs of the air-line industry.

The point. In the 50's people imagined the future skies (the year 2000) to be filled with flying cars. It just goes to show that we are not very good a predicting the future.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2014 07:14 PM
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

The issue of the civilization that I am talking about is that it requires world piece. It's wide open for hospital bombers, terrorists, etc ad infinitum. Right now the biggest problem is all the money is in defending ourselves from ourselves and invading all private boundaries to do so, and greedy rich people not only exploit our federal protection and investment and technologies but they exploit it to the effect of making everyone close to slaves beneath them. That happened, it's still happening. It's a paroxysmal attack on humanity, most humans sacrifice so many liberties and luxuries to benefit the few wealthiest humans on the planet.

Perhaps a good thing that could come out of the dangers of AI, is the society I'd like. AI's risk could unite us in that regard. Convince the Jihadists, driven by fear and hatred of these new inorganic lifeforms, that our only viable option is genetic augmentation and collaborative restructuring of the world and bang, you get cooperation to make this a world worth living in.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Last edited by KillaKassara on Nov 16th, 2014 at 09:04 PM

Old Post Nov 16th, 2014 09:01 PM
dadudemon

We have them. We have had them for decades. 1957 was when 3 prototypes were built and delivered to the US Army but the US Army decided they didn't have practical military application and abandoned the project.

Edit - Also, based on the stuff the FAA has done, already, for planes, we could actually scale up the autopilot technology for single or double passenger planes (flying cars, basically). Literally, planes could take off and land all over the US by just scaling up the autopilot infrastructure the FAA already has in place.

Sure, that would be multi-$100 billion project. But it can be done, now, with the technology that we have, now. Just like True AI, the problem is convincing enough high-ups in the government or commercial sector to fund programs like those. no expression

Last edited by dadudemon on Nov 16th, 2014 at 11:48 PM

Old Post Nov 16th, 2014 11:46 PM
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

convincing enough high-ups in the government or commercial sector to fund programs like those. no expression
eek! eek! eek!

laughing laughing laughing

You crazy mother****er

The problem is not marching on them with billions of disgruntled citizens quite brutally yet

Old Post Nov 16th, 2014 11:52 PM
dadudemon

eek! eek! eek!

laughing laughing laughing

You crazy mother****er

The problem is not marching on them with billions of disgruntled citizens quite brutally yet

I don't know what you're talking about but what I was talking about has been proposed to the higher-ups in the DoT and FAA, several times, and vestiges of those suggested programs are being developed or have been developed, already.

Here is an example of one of those programs, now:

https://www.faa.gov/nextgen/

My brother-in-law was one of the project leads for this program. smile

Old Post Nov 17th, 2014 12:36 AM
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't know what you're talking about but what I was talking about has been proposed to the higher-ups in the DoT and FAA, several times, and vestiges of those suggested programs are being developed or have been developed, already.

Here is an example of one of those programs, now:

https://www.faa.gov/nextgen/

My brother-in-law was one of the project leads for this program. smile

I say, since there's no way to know for sure who's behind exploiting our federal data for personal gain and global economic sabotage, we band together and hang every rich person and right-wing elected official, some of the democrats (really everyone but Obama and his goons and the green party) in the country.

Except for that one multi-billionaire who said we only should work 4 hours a day 4 days a week. Forget who it was he was on 60 minutes.

Last edited by KillaKassara on Nov 17th, 2014 at 02:34 AM

Old Post Nov 17th, 2014 02:31 AM
dadudemon

I say, since there's no way to know for sure who's behind exploiting our federal data for personal gain and global economic sabotage, we band together and hang every rich person and right-wing elected official, some of the democrats (really everyone but Obama and his goons and the green party) in the country.

You do realize that saying we should commit mass murder of thousands of people is not protected speech, right? This is not something that the First Amendment offers protection for. This puts you on watch lists. This creates probable cause for law enforcement to get a warrant and search your home, your person, your place of employment, and your car. Suggesting the murder of anyone, regardless of the forum, is a very stupid idea...unless it is the murder of enemy military combatants of the US...but then it is not murder.

My advice is to never state or even allude to something like this, again.

Regardless, everything you state, here, is only very very slightly tangentially related to what I stated.

Except for that one multi-billionaire who said we only should work 4 hours a day 4 days a week. Forget who it was he was on 60 minutes.

Sounds like something Warren Buffet would say.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2014 03:10 AM
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

Because of that mouth I've been on the watch-list, bro.

They know I say crazy shit every once in a while, they know I do drugs but for some reason haven't got anyone for that, they know my phuck ups, and if I were to actually meet with the wrong people or start indicating I'm actually planning senseless attack, I'm done. But I'm not going to do that, metaphysics avail me.

Last edited by KillaKassara on Nov 17th, 2014 at 05:02 AM

Old Post Nov 17th, 2014 04:51 AM
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

That's the sacrifice I make for greatness. My privacy. A fed literally threatened to get me into a psych-ward on another forum. I might be there right now if it weren't for realizing who he was.

Though, in a hundred years, this Government might not be in place anymore, but I'll still be here, if I don't say or do the wrong thing. It's difficult to purchase super-foods and afford nano surgery when you're in Gitmo.

Last edited by KillaKassara on Nov 17th, 2014 at 05:03 AM

Old Post Nov 17th, 2014 05:01 AM
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

All this being said, I can't wait for AI to shut this show down. I'll out-live the show.

To me? Modern society (this show) is mad.

I think I've said it all.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2014 01:51 AM