KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Blade vs. Shang Chi

Blade vs. Shang Chi
Started by: byrdgang21

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Cosmic_Beings
Restricted

Account Restricted

Shang Chi divides Blade into multiple parts

Old Post Jul 31st, 2014 02:43 PM
Cosmic_Beings is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic_Beings a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic_Beings Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Cosmic_Beings
Shang Chi divides Blade into multiple parts
this guy knows how it would go down.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2014 05:18 PM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Supermutant
Blade outclass Shang in every stat.

No, he doesnt.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2014 06:07 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supermutant

Originally posted by riv6672
No, he doesnt.

Yes he does.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2014 06:57 PM
Supermutant is currently offline Click here to Send Supermutant a Private Message Find more posts by Supermutant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

These are what's called opinions.
Mine's backed up by a theory i posted earlier.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2014 04:16 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealPizzaBoy
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by batonking

Weak argument, Crossbones has gotten the upper hand on Cap once in his original volume, for every instance Batman strugges with the Joker there are 10 instances of him kicking his ass.

By statements, not by feats. Shang doesn't have the feats to support him being on par with Danny or Taskmaster when both of them have wrecked Shang's principle rival Shen Kuei.

Daredevil would beat Shangs ass based off of feats.

nop. we are discussing skills here right? that was your initial point. the skill department. many characters can beat someone because of the stats not the skills. my point with cap stands still. crossbones defeated cap in several times however got destroyed easily by other streets so? its the purpose of the arch nemesis to give a decent fight and be portrayed as somewhat of equal. you cant go and use ABC Logic on everything. morlun stomped spiderman. fire lord got owned by spider man = morlun will WTFstomp firelord? see where ABC Logic leads us.

we look at feats overall. shang chi was always presented skill wise as one of the toppest. hell look how well he did vs gorgon in their fight. elektra nor wolverine could even touch gorgon. shang chi actually presented greater skills than gorgon. his downfall was his stats vs gorgons. however by feats? top notch.
Shang chi already went toe to toe with iron fist and black panther and they all were evently matched. Iron fist has the edge because of the iron fist but not by skills. any other opinion is only opinion and not a fact.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2014 04:53 AM
RealPizzaBoy is currently offline Click here to Send RealPizzaBoy a Private Message Find more posts by RealPizzaBoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealPizzaBoy
Restricted

Account Restricted

oh and by the way. your statement of daredevil beating shang is only your opinion. Shang chi beat a dragon, destroyed a doombot with his bare hands. can easily blast walls with his punches (chi amped) and was training wolverine himself. i dont see daredevil on that level sorry.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2014 05:31 AM
RealPizzaBoy is currently offline Click here to Send RealPizzaBoy a Private Message Find more posts by RealPizzaBoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supermutant

These are what's called opinions.
Mine's backed up by a theory i posted earlier.

That's the difference between me=backed up my actual comic issues/scans, you= backed up by theory laughing out loud

Old Post Aug 1st, 2014 08:36 AM
Supermutant is currently offline Click here to Send Supermutant a Private Message Find more posts by Supermutant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I'd point out how even scans can be skewed to serve a poster's particular preference, but, you obviously know all about that.wink

Old Post Aug 1st, 2014 10:10 AM
namorsubby

I'll go with Blade.

Original Human Torch
Namora

Old Post Aug 1st, 2014 11:36 AM
namorsubby is currently offline Click here to Send namorsubby a Private Message Find more posts by namorsubby Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Somebody has to!

Old Post Aug 1st, 2014 11:47 AM
Supermutant

I'd point out how even scans can be skewed to serve a poster's particular preference, but, you obviously know all about that.wink

Please show me where I have done that. But since you brought that up: Shang Chi never beat a dragon, he owned a human/dragon hybrid but was quickly one shotted in the atmosphere when the small full dragon was awaken. The dragon also saved his life. If this is the battle with the dragon that a lot of people are referring to, they have greatly taken it out of context and are misleading a lot of posters.

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)
(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 1st, 2014 02:30 PM
Supermutant

And here is Shang Chi vs a bone-claw Logan

Notice again how quickly he is dead to rights. Shang Chi simply doesn't have a good track record against metas and Blade is easily faster and stronger than him plus more durable and have a healing factor. lol This is a murder stomp even more so than his battle with Gorgon.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Last edited by Supermutant on Aug 1st, 2014 at 02:40 PM

Old Post Aug 1st, 2014 02:37 PM
deathslash

And here is Shang Chi vs a bone-claw Logan

Notice again how quickly he is dead to rights. Shang Chi simply doesn't have a good track record against metas and Blade is easily faster and stronger than him plus more durable and have a healing factor. lol This is a murder stomp even more so than his battle with Gorgon.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)
hahahahahaha. You're using one of his lowest showings as proof that he loses this fight? Pathetic. Also, wasn't oneshotted by that Dragon (it punched him into the atmosphere and when they landed, he was still conscious). Also, I find it funny that you can only look at the bad in that instance but youu have absolutly nothing positive to say about how he survived getting punch so hard that he landed several blocks away. Also, he's fought more than one dragon in his career. Did you even look at any of the scans in the links that I had posted?

Old Post Aug 1st, 2014 03:35 PM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash

Your point doesn't stand because your misinformed, in all of their fights Crossbones has had one fight where he's gained the upper hand on Captain America in contrast to you stating that he beat Cap several times, every other time they've fought Captain America won including when he didn't have the serum in Streets of Poison.

Your example of Spiderman is also incredibly flawed since Spiderman beating Firelord is blatant PIS, Iron Fist and Taskmaster beating a guy that's supposedly Shang's rival isn't.

Look how he did against Gorgon? Did you read Avengers World #3? Shang didn't outskill Gorgon, the entire fight was based on Shang using the environment to his advantage, using the dark, throwing fire balls and aiming for Gorgons eyes, once he ran out of underhanded tricks Gorgon ended up beating his ass in one page. If that's your idea of a good feat then that's just embarrassing.

Shang Chi fought Iron Fist years ago and none of their fights were ever conclusive or lasted long enough to determine a winner or a stand still, and Shang Chi has never fought Black Panther, the only thing Panther ever did was hype up his martial arts skill, where Shang has failed to back any of hype he's received.
actually, I distincly remember Crossbones having the upper hand in their fight during the Thunderbolts arc. Did you even read the same comic as the rest of us or did you just decide to skip over roughly eight pages of Shang Chi punching Gorgon in the face? In stark contrast to your belief that he had to constantly use the environment to aid him in battle, Shang Chi used one fireball and then for the next eight pages, he pressed the attack and nearly put gorgon down. Your lowballing skills are terrible. Also, the fact of the matter being that none of Shang's fights with Ironfist are conclusively decided should be proof to you that he is a peer of Danny.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2014 03:55 PM
Supermutant

Originally posted by deathslash
hahahahahaha. You're using one of his lowest showings as proof that he loses this fight? Pathetic. Also, wasn't oneshotted by that Dragon (it punched him into the atmosphere and when they landed, he was still conscious).

confused Read man, of course he's alive and relatively unharmed b/c the dragon protected him and took the impact of the fall. Its shameful that you are trying to use that as some sort of durability feat. Aunt May would have been uninjured too with a freaking dragon protecting her from the fall.

Also, I find it funny that you can only look at the bad in that instance but youu have absolutly nothing positive to say about how he survived getting punch so hard that he landed several blocks away. Also, he's fought more than one dragon in his career. Did you even look at any of the scans in the links that I had posted?

Most street levelers can and have performed his best feats. What other dragon has he defeated, and could not Blade defeat the same with even less difficulty? Early in their career when Iron Fist and Shang Chi stalemated, Iron Fist was holding back and didn't want too fight. He also only used the iron fist technique once during that fight. And Iron Fist has been significantly upgraded since then, but Shang Chi really has not done anything that impressive.

I still ask what has Shang Chi done to put him on Blade's level? It seems to me Shang Chi has a lot of featless hype. Yes, he has trained others before but he hasn't accomplish much on his own.

Last edited by Supermutant on Aug 1st, 2014 at 04:10 PM

Old Post Aug 1st, 2014 04:07 PM
RealPizzaBoy
Restricted

Account Restricted

Your point doesn't stand because your misinformed, in all of their fights Crossbones has had one fight where he's gained the upper hand on Captain America in contrast to you stating that he beat Cap several times, every other time they've fought Captain America won including when he didn't have the serum in Streets of Poison.

Your example of Spiderman is also incredibly flawed since Spiderman beating Firelord is blatant PIS, Iron Fist and Taskmaster beating a guy that's supposedly Shang's rival isn't.

Look how he did against Gorgon? Did you read Avengers World #3? Shang didn't outskill Gorgon, the entire fight was based on Shang using the environment to his advantage, using the dark, throwing fire balls and aiming for Gorgons eyes, once he ran out of underhanded tricks Gorgon ended up beating his ass in one page. If that's your idea of a good feat then that's just embarrassing.

Shang Chi fought Iron Fist years ago and none of their fights were ever conclusive or lasted long enough to determine a winner or a stand still, and Shang Chi has never fought Black Panther, the only thing Panther ever did was hype up his martial arts skill, where Shang has failed to back any of hype he's received.

Big Fail. read all their fights again. crossbones as far as i remember had cap on the losing side 3 times during his career. while other streets dispatched him easily. so by your logic it should be some kind of indication that Cap is weaker than other streets.

my example of spiderman was to portray as clear as possible why ABC logic does not work.

were you reading the same fight everybody were reading? shang used the dark at the begining. however afterwards the entire fight he was wooping gorgons ass in a H2H fight , presenting better skills by far. only at the end gorgon magaed to beat him because shang was already tired, while gorgon has a healing factor and higher stats. shang was a beast in that fight and clearly was portrayed as the more skilled and more superior fighter.

and thats exactly the point genius. they fought to a standstill, and there was no victor because they were evenly matched!!! thats the whole point if you didnt understand. and shang fought black panther briefly. again rewind your comic book memory.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2014 04:14 PM
riv6672

Agree to disagree, supermutant.
I can, but would rather not play the low ball the character game.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2014 05:38 PM
Trackz

actually, I distincly remember Crossbones having the upper hand in their fight during the Thunderbolts arc. Did you even read the same comic as the rest of us or did you just decide to skip over roughly eight pages of Shang Chi punching Gorgon in the face? In stark contrast to your belief that he had to constantly use the environment to aid him in battle, Shang Chi used one fireball and then for the next eight pages, he pressed the attack and nearly put gorgon down. Your lowballing skills are terrible. Also, the fact of the matter being that none of Shang's fights with Ironfist are conclusively decided should be proof to you that he is a peer of Danny.
He didn't nearly put Gorgon down. Even with his enhancements the fight was lost the second he began and Shang-Chi knew that. He never stood a chance. HIs skill was up there but Gorgon was a tier above him.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2014 05:43 PM
Trackz is currently offline Click here to Send Trackz a Private Message Find more posts by Trackz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash

confused Read man, of course he's alive and relatively unharmed b/c the dragon protected him and took the impact of the fall. Its shameful that you are trying to use that as some sort of durability feat. Aunt May would have been uninjured too with a freaking dragon protecting her from the fall.

Most street levelers can and have performed his best feats. What other dragon has he defeated, and could not Blade defeat the same with even less difficulty? Early in their career when Iron Fist and Shang Chi stalemated, Iron Fist was holding back and didn't want too fight. He also only used the iron fist technique once during that fight. And Iron Fist has been significantly upgraded since then, but Shang Chi really has not done anything that impressive.

I still ask what has Shang Chi done to put him on Blade's level? It seems to me Shang Chi has a lot of featless hype. Yes, he has trained others before but he hasn't accomplish much on his own.
wow, what I just said went right over your head didn't it? I'm not saying that the Dragon protecting him from the impact is a durability feat, I'm saying that surviving a punch that would skyrocket you into the atmosphere is a durability feat. Oh, so most street level characters can block punches from Heroim the Shamed or stand up to a guy that briefly soloed Gladiator, Ronan, Super Skrull, and Annihilus? You do know that Shang Chi has and still does continue to better himself and perfect his style. The other dragon that he defeated was off panel but it was apperently dangerous enough that BP and Luke Cage ran away from it.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2014 05:55 PM