KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » best funny foreign movie?

best funny foreign movie?
Started by: TinyDancer99

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

"Shaolin Soccer", especially Stephen Chow's nod to the Bruce Lee stand-in when the monk goalie has to leave.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2005 08:11 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Lee had a small part in SS? I missed that.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2005 08:22 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Here's the deal.

The goalie in "Shaolin Soccer", Iron Shirt, is supposed to be a gigantic Bruce Lee fan. In the game, he wore this goalie shirt.

(please log in to view the image)

In "Game of Death", there were 2 Bruce Lee look a like in the first 85 minutes of the movie. They had big bushy hair, and ALWAYS wore these huge child molestor sunglasses.

The last 10 minutes featured the actual Lee in the yellow jumpsuit. Iron Shirt's jersey was patterned after it, as was The Bride's suit in "Kill Bill". In "Shaolin Soccer", when Iron Shirt had to be taken out after this....

...there was a scene where he was on the stretcher, gave a thumbs up, then put on a set of glasses identical to the ones the Lee double in "Game of Death" wore.

Last edited by Cory Chaos on Jul 18th, 2005 at 08:57 AM

Old Post Jul 18th, 2005 08:54 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Here's the pic of Iron Shirt putting on the glasses..it's off of my TV/DVD..so pardon the really crappy picture, lol.

BTW, the wrong pic showed up, and I couldn't edit it. The scene where he was taken out when when Team Evil's kick spun him through the goal and into the stands towards the end of the movie.

Attachment: glasses.jpg
This has been downloaded 51 time(s).

Old Post Jul 18th, 2005 09:12 AM
Noxi
Aqualibrium

Shaolin Soccer & Monty Python and the Search for the Holy Grail

Old Post Aug 14th, 2005 06:01 AM
Noxi is currently offline Click here to Send Noxi a Private Message Find more posts by Noxi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dregh

Ruby & Quentin

Original Title : Tais Toe! (or sth like that)

Old Post Dec 13th, 2005 07:02 PM
Dregh is currently offline Click here to Send Dregh a Private Message Find more posts by Dregh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
saltyjesus

The answer: Kung Fu Hustle, looks bad, but is great and really funny!

Oh yeah, can't forget Monty Python and the Holy Grail, or Life of Brian too.

http://saltyjesus.squarespace.com

Old Post Dec 16th, 2005 04:22 PM
saltyjesus is currently offline Click here to Send saltyjesus a Private Message Find more posts by saltyjesus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
River Wild

I love the Kung Fu Hussle, you will really laugh when you see this movie!

Old Post Jan 10th, 2006 03:09 AM
River Wild is currently offline Click here to Send River Wild a Private Message Find more posts by River Wild Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dj-gigi

hey guys! check out this hilarious British-Egyptian movie!
and let me know what do u think of it and if you know any similar movies??

Synopsis:

Follow Sherif ; a loser from the cafe culture of Cairo on this side splitting journey into the heart of the British establishment.

After training with the mysterious Master as a spy, the naive Egyptian investigates every corner of multicultural London landing himself into some serious hot water. It's a roller coaster ride that takes him from East to West via South America.

The story kicks off when he gets an unexpected visit from the big boys at MI6...

This hilarious story takes a refreshing look at cultural relations in London, cutting through the political correctness to poke fun at the stereotypes of Arabs, Latins, Jews, punk heads, gangstas and whoever else has the misfortune to get in his way...

You can download the trailer from the website - w w w . fromegyptwithlove . c o m

Attachment: poster.jpg
This has been downloaded 40 time(s).

Old Post Jan 10th, 2006 02:44 PM
dj-gigi is currently offline Click here to Send dj-gigi a Private Message Find more posts by dj-gigi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

kung fu hustle is f-ing awesome!!!

Old Post Jan 10th, 2006 03:06 PM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xkalybr
The Sword of Power!

Two great foreign films that is real funny and sexy...

Y Tu Mama Tambien

French Twist

Check them out. big grin

I am Lancelot of the Lake, and I have yet to find a king worthy of my sword!

Old Post Jan 15th, 2006 07:49 PM
xkalybr is currently offline Click here to Send xkalybr a Private Message Find more posts by xkalybr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nuke Nixon
One Shot One Kill

Police Story, I love goofy Jackie Chan movies.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 11:00 PM
Nuke Nixon is currently offline Click here to Send Nuke Nixon a Private Message Find more posts by Nuke Nixon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote