KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Batman: Assault on Arkham

Batman: Assault on Arkham
Started by: Stoic

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stoic
Avenger

Love Batman: Assault on Arkham

This movie was AWESOME. I thought that the Son of Batman was great, this one kills it in every way. It just blew my mind. Anyone that has not seen it must see it.

Batman: Assault on Arkham is a 2014 direct-to-video animated superhero film that is part of the DC Universe Animated Original Movies. The film is based on the universe of the Batman: Arkham video game franchise, and is a direct sequel to Batman: Arkham Origins. Jay Oliva & Ethan Spaulding direct, with a script by Heath Corson and James Tucker producing. The film was screened at the 2014 San Diego Comic-Con International on July 25, 2014, and is scheduled for release digitally on July 29 and on physical media on August 12.

Plot

Amanda Waller forms the Suicide Squad where their mission is to break into Arkham Asylum and recover top secret information from Riddler. Suicide Squad member Harley Quinn ends up freeing Joker who makes plans to blow up Arkham Asylum and Gotham City causing Batman to spring into action. I think I'll watch it again.

Cast

Kevin Conroy as Bruce Wayne / Batman
Neal McDonough as Floyd Lawton / Deadshot
Hynden Walch as Dr. Harleen Quinzel / Harley Quinn
Matthew Gray Gubler as Edward Nygma / The Riddler
Troy Baker as The Joker
C.C.H. Pounder as Amanda Waller
Greg Ellis as Captain Boomerang
Giancarlo Esposito as Black Spider
John DiMaggio as King Shark
Jennifer Hale as Killer Frost
Nolan North as KGBeast, Oswald Cobblepot / Penguin

Old Post Jul 31st, 2014 09:16 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

So no one has seen this movie yet? Maybe it was just me, but I really thought that it was a great movie.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2014 05:47 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

it was okay, imo. not good, not bad. thought it really drug at times.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2014 07:22 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

how did you guys watch it

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2014 09:27 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker

I'd love to say how I saw it but..... LOL. Here's a hint. There is a website called kickass.... maybe you can google it, and come up with the rest.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2014 01:55 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker

Legally its already out digitally, Won't be out until August 12 physically

or you can do it the other way which Stoic showed.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2014 04:07 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Stoic
I'd love to say how I saw it but..... LOL. Here's a hint. There is a website called kickass.... maybe you can google it, and come up with the rest.

i can't do that, that site will destroy my laptop, then the world stick out tongue

Originally posted by Kazenji
Legally its already out digitally, Won't be out until August 12 physically

or you can do it the other way which Stoic showed.

i'll wait until the 12th smile

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2014 05:03 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Great movie. When it comes to animated movies DC owns Marvel so bad.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2014 06:00 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

I got to catch up on a lot of animated stuff

Old Post Aug 7th, 2014 06:05 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Re: Batman: Assault on Arkham

Originally posted by Stoic
This movie was AWESOME. I thought that the Son of Batman was great, this one kills it in every way. It just blew my mind. Anyone that has not seen it must see it.

Batman: Assault on Arkham is a 2014 direct-to-video animated superhero film that is part of the DC Universe Animated Original Movies. The film is based on the universe of the Batman: Arkham video game franchise, and is a direct sequel to Batman: Arkham Origins. Jay Oliva & Ethan Spaulding direct, with a script by Heath Corson and James Tucker producing. The film was screened at the 2014 San Diego Comic-Con International on July 25, 2014, and is scheduled for release digitally on July 29 and on physical media on August 12.

Plot

Amanda Waller forms the Suicide Squad where their mission is to break into Arkham Asylum and recover top secret information from Riddler. Suicide Squad member Harley Quinn ends up freeing Joker who makes plans to blow up Arkham Asylum and Gotham City causing Batman to spring into action. I think I'll watch it again.

Cast

Kevin Conroy as Bruce Wayne / Batman
Neal McDonough as Floyd Lawton / Deadshot
Hynden Walch as Dr. Harleen Quinzel / Harley Quinn
Matthew Gray Gubler as Edward Nygma / The Riddler
Troy Baker as The Joker
C.C.H. Pounder as Amanda Waller
Greg Ellis as Captain Boomerang
Giancarlo Esposito as Black Spider
John DiMaggio as King Shark
Jennifer Hale as Killer Frost
Nolan North as KGBeast, Oswald Cobblepot / Penguin

I plan to check this out but what the hell kind of name is C.C.H. Pounder? laughing

Old Post Aug 7th, 2014 06:28 AM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Meanwhile Marvel produces 3d animated movie "Iron Man & Captain America: Heroes United" that is not based on any comic book arc as far as I can tell. Would it kill them to make a decent "Superior Spider-man" movie? Hell even Avengers vs X-men if done right would be good.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2014 06:40 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

I wish marvel would stop with that anime studio who does these stories for a quick buck. Marvel could just use some pocket change and start a monster animation studio and get their animation game back on track easily.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2014 02:45 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supermutant

There was definitely a lot of killing in Assault on Arkham. I just didn't like how the whole team had to job to Batman.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2014 12:19 AM
Supermutant is currently offline Click here to Send Supermutant a Private Message Find more posts by Supermutant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Meh. Not a big fan of that kind of animation. Thought some of the action scenes were okay, but I've definitely seen better Batman animated movies.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2014 09:24 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by SamZED
Meanwhile Marvel produces 3d animated movie "Iron Man & Captain America: Heroes United" that is not based on any comic book arc as far as I can tell. Would it kill them to make a decent "Superior Spider-man" movie? Hell even Avengers vs X-men if done right would be good.

Originally posted by JayDaDon
I wish marvel would stop with that anime studio who does these stories for a quick buck. Marvel could just use some pocket change and start a monster animation studio and get their animation game back on track easily.

Don't think there's much money in these direct to Dvd/Blu-Ray animations tbh. Because most people who want to watch them will just download them. Surprised WB keep putting the effort in for the DC ones.

They need to be shown on Tv first Imho. And just get back on with the Weekly animations again like Young Justice.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2014 12:19 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

They have the ongoing TV series tho and they're all shit sad.

p.s I saw this movie last night, I don't think I've seen an animated film from DC get as mature as this one. It amazed me DC could take such a large chance with the tone, then I watched the Captain America/Iron man animated movie sad

Last edited by BruhMan on Aug 11th, 2014 at 02:24 PM

Old Post Aug 11th, 2014 02:20 PM
Darth Thor

They have the ongoing TV series tho and they're all shit sad.

What you don't like Ultimate Spider-Man? laughing out loud

DC don't have an animated series right now do they?

then I watched the Captain America/Iron man animated movie sad

Is the IM/CA one that bad?

I'm surprised. Would expect an animated movie based around 2 icons like that to rock.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2014 04:34 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Is the IM/CA one that bad?
it's terrible... borderline unwatchable.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Aug 11th, 2014 04:44 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

At first I saw Taskmaster show up and my eyebrows raised. Then it became N hour plus retread of that one EMH episode where Cap was giving tony advise on how to fight and strategy, then the hulk showed up and I groaned outloud in my living room.

I didnt even mention the fact of iron man getting knocked all over the place WAY too much by Cap and taskmaster's horrible HORRIBLE role as Red skulls lackey. He was pretty much bastardized.

Last edited by BruhMan on Aug 11th, 2014 at 07:16 PM

Old Post Aug 11th, 2014 07:13 PM
Utrigita

I liked Batman Assault on Arkham, but I don't think it's better then Son of Batman.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2014 08:18 PM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote