KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Combat speed???

Combat speed???
Started by: carver9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
h1a8

quote: (post)
Originally posted by RealPizzaBoy
no. fighting speed is the speed of moving your body parts at a certain speed, also reflex. however what surfer did is just flying at a certain speed. can he react, move his arms legs and body in such a speed? please show me him doing so.
so you are referring to h2h fighting. Well there is a feat where Surfers busts out, with his arms, of a machine draining him in a nanosecond (I'm not sure though of the feat). If that's true then Surfer has shown he can move his limbs light speed or faster.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Aug 1st, 2014 05:14 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Combat speed???

Originally posted by carver9
A lot of those doesn't sound like light speed combat.
which ones

Old Post Aug 1st, 2014 05:14 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Originally posted by -Pr-
You know what you must do, Raoul

Old Post Aug 1st, 2014 05:23 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Re: Re: Re: Re: Combat speed???

Originally posted by h1a8
My collection isn't organized. I don't really have individual scans put into folders of feats.

I'm pretty sure you know the scenes if I describe them. Maybe someone here can post the scans.
Glads-fight with Hyperion
Hyperion-fight with Glads
WW-blocking multiple beams of energy simultaneously
Superman-blocking multiple beams of energy simultaneously, vibrating intangible through energy beams, walking and talking casually within nanoseconds, blitzing faster than the speed of his HV, etc.
Northstar-shown here
Runner-blitzing Thanos
Lightray-shown here
Surfer-fight against Deathurge, chasing Bill

Wonder Woman blocking beams since we don't know how fast those beams were.

Superman blocking beams for the same reason. Wouldn't that make Captain America light speed? Vibrating. Intangible (don't know when this happened). Walking and talking isn't a combat showing (don't know what scene you are talking about).

What did Lightray do?

What Surfer showing?

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Aug 1st, 2014 05:53 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Wonder Woman blocking beams since we don't know how fast those beams were.

Superman blocking beams for the same reason. Wouldn't that make Captain America light speed? Vibrating. Intangible (don't know when this happened). Walking and talking isn't a combat showing (don't know what scene you are talking about).

What did Lightray do?

What Surfer showing?
I thought beams were considered light speed on kmc if they appeared straight (non fluffy looking).

Captain America aim blocks beams. Also blocking a single beam isn't light speed. You must move your arms to block multiple beams simultaneously.

Mongol shot at Superman with an energy beam, before the beam hit Superman he vibrated intangible and passed through it like a ghost.

The scene where Hal, Clark (he lied and said the time dilation didn't affect him), and deadman were talking within a nanosecond. Clark walked at least 10 ft and spoken several sentences in that span. Just imagine if he threw a punch instead of talk and walk. So it counts.

Light ray moved at light speed to hit quicksilver (quicksilver couldn't respond). In that scene, she states that she moves at the speed of light.

Surfer circles Deathurge many times claiming to move faster than light.
Surfer chases scuttlebutt and is shown reacting and moving to warp speed changes in its direction (Bill was trying to shake SS off the path).

Old Post Aug 1st, 2014 06:06 PM
eaebiakuya

[B]. Walking and talking isn't a combat showing.
]

This makes no sense. If someone can walk, perceive, understand and "talk" at lightspeed, there is no reason (sans PIS) to him be incapable to fight in same speed.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2014 06:27 PM
eaebiakuya is currently offline Click here to Send eaebiakuya a Private Message Find more posts by eaebiakuya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Combat speed???

Light ray moved at light speed to hit quicksilver (quicksilver couldn't respond). In that scene, she states that she moves at the speed of light..

That's captain marvel aka photon, Spectrum, Pulsar, etc

Lightray is a DC New God

Old Post Aug 1st, 2014 06:40 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Combat speed???

I thought beams were considered light speed on kmc if they appeared straight (non fluffy looking).

Captain America aim blocks beams. Also blocking a single beam isn't light speed. You must move your arms to block multiple beams simultaneously.

Mongol shot at Superman with an energy beam, before the beam hit Superman he vibrated intangible and passed through it like a ghost.

The scene where Hal, Clark (he lied and said the time dilation didn't affect him), and deadman were talking within a nanosecond. Clark walked at least 10 ft and spoken several sentences in that span. Just imagine if he threw a punch instead of talk and walk. So it counts.

Light ray moved at light speed to hit quicksilver (quicksilver couldn't respond). In that scene, she states that she moves at the speed of light.

Surfer circles Deathurge many times claiming to move faster than light.
Surfer chases scuttlebutt and is shown reacting and moving to warp speed changes in its direction (Bill was trying to shake SS off the path).

How fast were those beams that Mongul shot?

Lol...so every showing Cap has with beams is him aim blocking?

I'm not going into the Hal and Supes showing but the purpose of this thread is 'combat' showings.

The Surfer showing is flight speed.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2014 06:52 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Combat speed???

Originally posted by Branlor Swift
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/...fer_Rune-14.jpg
thumb up

But he zips around at lightspeed to avoid attacks and then blasts Deathurge.
And the Scuttlebutt one had him flying around Scuttlebutt while blasting the entire time something that was moving at lightspeed or above. Like I mean, literally two things were moving at lightspeed, and one was flying around the other in circles while shooting attacks at it. What is that if it isn't combat?

Old Post Aug 1st, 2014 07:00 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eaebiakuya

I guess for carver if the guy didnt do a PUNCH in super speed this is not "combat speed".

Old Post Aug 1st, 2014 07:04 PM
eaebiakuya is currently offline Click here to Send eaebiakuya a Private Message Find more posts by eaebiakuya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Combat speed???

Originally posted by Branlor Swift
But he zips around at lightspeed to avoid attacks and then blasts Deathurge.
And the Scuttlebutt one had him flying around Scuttlebutt while blasting the entire time something that was moving at lightspeed or above. Like I mean, literally two things were moving at lightspeed, and one was flying around the other in circles while shooting attacks at it. What is that if it isn't combat?

Didn't realize he was talking about that one. If so, I agree with it. The others I disagree with though. Answer those for me H1.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2014 07:05 PM
carver9

Originally posted by eaebiakuya
I guess for carver if the guy didnt do a PUNCH in super speed this is not "combat speed".

Not what I am saying. There are some Hulk threads that has just been bumped. Please satisfy your lowballing pleasures in those threads.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2014 07:06 PM
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Spectrum (Monica) owns Quickfire who has localized time manipulation.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 1st, 2014 08:23 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by celeyhyga17

thumb up

Old Post Aug 1st, 2014 08:45 PM
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Combat speed???

Didn't realize he was talking about that one. If so, I agree with it. The others I disagree with though. Answer those for me H1.

I don't really see why some still question those feats? I mean his got em pulling an attack while moving at those speed.

Then there's this feat as we'll.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...98902312rp5.jpg

That should pretty much stop all those FTL combat question.

My Artwork

Old Post Aug 1st, 2014 08:46 PM
Ambient is currently offline Click here to Send Ambient a Private Message Find more posts by Ambient Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Combat speed???

Originally posted by Ambient
I don't really see why some still question those feats? I mean his got em pulling an attack while moving at those speed.

thumb up

Old Post Aug 1st, 2014 08:52 PM
h1a8

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Combat speed???

How fast were those beams that Mongul shot?

Lol...so every showing Cap has with beams is him aim blocking?

I'm not going into the Hal and Supes showing but the purpose of this thread is 'combat' showings.

Cap has no showings where he blocks or dodges beams AFTER they are fired. Even if he did then he didn't move at light speed. He must block multiple beams at the same time to be considered moving at light speed. You only need a fraction of the speed to block something from afar.

All straight looking beams (not fiery or fluffy) are excepted to go at the speed of light here.

The purpose of the thread is TO PROVE that a character can fight at light speed.

Define fighting at light speed.
I'm thinking it is having the ability to move one's limbs at light speed or beyond, respond to light speed attacks from 5ft or less, and maneuver around at light speed or less.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2014 05:52 AM
h1a8

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Combat speed???

Originally posted by Ambient

Surfer most definitely can fight at light speed and has ftl reflexes but this isn't a feat at all.

Teleporting is also considering changing something from matter to energy then transporting it to another place and finally, changing it from energy to matter.

The guy who was teleporting converted energy for awhile (Surfer was tracking him). When the guy decides to reappear, Surfer then blasts him.

Not a reflex feat at all but rather a super sense feat by Surfer.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2014 05:58 AM
eaebiakuya

Last edited by eaebiakuya on Aug 6th, 2014 at 03:48 PM

Old Post Aug 6th, 2014 03:45 PM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

so you are referring to h2h fighting. Well there is a feat where Surfers busts out, with his arms, of a machine draining him in a nanosecond (I'm not sure though of the feat). If that's true then Surfer has shown he can move his limbs light speed or faster.
I once did some rough calculations regarding that feat. Turned out Surfer was moving his limbs at about 6 cee.

@large:

Surfer's a toughie regarding h2h combat speed. I don't recall him ever actually fighting FTL h2h; and the scene mentioned above is the only one (again, afaik), where he moves his limbs that fast. As I see it, Surfer lacks such feats largely because this is not how he fights. He prefers energy attacks, which dramatically reduces the chances/need for h2h combat. Plus, those he has fought h2h, (eg, Thing, Abomination), were hardly speedsters themselves, so neither was there need for FTL. Clearly though, Surfer has moved his limbs FTL at least once; and that he can do it at all makes sense, given his powerset.

I think it's logical to infer that Surfer can fight h2h @ FTL. But given that he rarely fights h2h to begin with, I don't see him being as adept, as say, Superman or the Flash.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Last edited by Mindship on Aug 6th, 2014 at 09:48 PM

Old Post Aug 6th, 2014 09:39 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote