KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Faster combat speed Batman vs Wolverine

Faster combat speed Batman vs Wolverine
Started by: golem370

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Lol. So you're gonna ignore every Bat feat because .....it doesn't fit with real worlds physics/ biology?

GTFO lol. You don't belong in a comic book versus forum.

Yes, I am and after your fanboy laced response
, I feel even better about the whole damn thing. Mystery my ass, I DC wants him to be superhuman, they need to piss or get off the damn pot. You should thank your lucky stars the board has posters like me who hold the line to reality so you don't fall into a comatose state of bat bliss. Batman is a phoney, straight up. This human would never be calling the shots over big dogs like Superman (who also supposedly has superior intellect!) and Wonderwoman. Somewhere along the line, one of them would have plucked him in the head and killed him dead.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2014 02:20 PM
Blue Area Vet is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Area Vet a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Area Vet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by riv6672
No, it really doesnt.
Mutation in and of itself is a stupid lazy origin. Hard teaining, FTW.

An explanation was given. Try reading my post for more.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2014 02:23 PM
Blue Area Vet is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Area Vet a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Area Vet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
Yes, I am and after your fanboy laced response
, I feel even better about the whole damn thing. Mystery my ass, I DC wants him to be superhuman, they need to piss or get off the damn pot. You should thank your lucky stars the board has posters like me who hold the line to reality so you don't fall into a comatose state of bat bliss. Batman is a phoney, straight up. This human would never be calling the shots over big dogs like Superman (who also supposedly has superior intellect!) and Wonderwoman. Somewhere along the line, one of them would have plucked him in the head and killed him dead.

Hah ok thumb up

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2014 02:25 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Branlor Swift
A human also can't have a gene in them that allows them to shoot 3 foot claws out of their forearms either.

Nothing Wolverine has ever did counts?

Or you know comics. Because almost nothing Batman has ever did is applicable in our real world view of how humans work. But go on and tell me how one of his most famous feats (kicking a tree in half) is DC tricking you because you can't do it, and therefore it doesn't count.
Or how a guy with a prior broken back has no chronic back pain and therefore everything done afterwards was a mere dream.

No, because you can't do it. Also because no human has or could ever do it. The truth shouldn't make me the bad guy here. It's stupid writing without explanation. Comic book fans can accept just about any reason offered, but when there is no explanation, I'm not going to totally suspend logic and transform into a drooling fanboy just because everyone else is doing it. Because he's the damn Batman.

PS: Logan utterly crushes Batman in every physical category unlike T'Challa crushes in every category.

Last edited by Blue Area Vet on Aug 3rd, 2014 at 02:35 PM

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2014 02:29 PM
DarkSaint85

Hey has Marvel explained how Logan's mutation gives him that hairstyle yet?

Or how Storm can control the weather?

Or how Cyclops' eyes become portals to another universe?

Or why the Chinese/Indians aren't the dominant nationalities on Marvel Earth?

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2014 02:42 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

^laughing out loud pointless. there is still, after all this time, a blatant anti-dc movement at the good ole kmc. it's almost refreshing to know somethings will never change. thumb up ignore is your best friend. smile

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2014 02:48 PM
leonidas is online now! Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by leonidas
^laughing out loud pointless. there is still, after all this time, a blatant anti-dc movement at the good ole kmc. it's almost refreshing to know somethings will never change. thumb up ignore is your best friend. smile

Lol, you have a full fledged DC mod constantly protecting your ass and ignoring board rules. For instnace, your post is off topic trolling, but I doubt anyone addresses it. At least act thankful and spare me the victim routine. DC is for kids much like your avatar.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2014 04:10 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

So basically it's not even about "explanations", it's just about it being DC and DC sucks.
Because naturally this should be about DC instead of about Batman.

Although I'm sure we have no issue with Daredevil's feats. One of the best fighters in Marvel can flip a limo because he's blind. Or Cap's feats when Cap has been repeatedly described as only peak human.

I'm sure there's no issue disregarding all of their feats or close to it.

On that note, I'm not a big fan of Wolverine either. Someone explain to me why any of his feats matter, or why they should count.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2014 06:18 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

So basically it's not even about "explanations", it's just about it being DC and DC sucks.

Although I'm sure we have no issue with Daredevil's feats. One of the best fighters in Marvel can flip a limo because he's blind. Or Cap's feats when Cap has been repeatedly described as only peak human.

On that note, I'm not a big fan of Wolverine either. Someone explain to me why any of his feats matter, or why they should count.

Shut yo face.

Hawkeye lifts cars, one handed, by what appears to be essentially a chest fly.

Also:
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2014 06:36 PM
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

This not about DC. I responded to a very ignorant accusation in my pevious reply. This is about Batman and hid ridiculous portrayal. Even Daredevil has superhuman balance/agility, hence and explanation.

By the way, I am no fan of DC, largely because characters like GL and MM are constantly forced to take a back seat to the Trinity. That and about a million other reasons.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2014 10:00 PM
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Shut yo face.

Hawkeye lifts cars, one handed, by what appears to be essentially a chest fly.

Also:
(please log in to view the image)

Hawkeye does not lift cars with one hand. If one artist had him doing that once, it's not comparison whatsoever to the stunts Batman pulls on a fairly regular basis. Lol, Hawkeye. Someone like Daredevil will occasionally show slightly above human strength (which he shouldn't) but it's not even close to the frequency or magnitude of Wayne and that is not arguable. The only full fledged ringers in Marvel are Kingpin and Crossbones, not exactly headliners.

Last edited by Blue Area Vet on Aug 3rd, 2014 at 10:14 PM

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2014 10:04 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

This not about DC. I responded to a very ignorant accusation in my pevious reply. This is about Batman and hid ridiculous portrayal. Even Daredevil has superhuman balance/agility, hence and explanation.

By the way, I am no fan of DC, largely because characters like GL and MM are constantly forced to take a back seat to the Trinity. That and about a million other reasons.
Your first post on this page mentions DC as being an issue. As does the end of this post I'm quoting.

Which Daredevil acquired from going blind when he was like 30.

As opposed to Bruce who's been training pretty much every style since he was quite young.

Also, you're complaining about a consistent portrayal now.
This is about Batman and hid ridiculous portrayal.

Someone like Daredevil will occasionally show slightly above human strength (which he shouldn't) but it's not even close to the frequency or magnitude of Wayne and that is not arguable.

Which basically amounts to you not liking it, it didn't happen. You don't like apparent consistent portrayals because they don't have an "explanation", and you're willing to ignore all of them because of this "reason". Because it's not the feats that count, it's the DNA that does. Why don't you just break out the handbooks and ignore everything else?

Earmuffs and blindfold debating. The best way to prove a point.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2014 11:33 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Your first post on this page mentions DC as being an issue. As does the end of this post I'm quoting.

Which Daredevil acquired from going blind when he was like 30.

As opposed to Bruce who's been training pretty much every style since he was quite young.

Also, you're complaining about a consistent portrayal now.

Which basically amounts to you not liking it, it didn't happen. You don't like apparent consistent portrayals because they don't have an "explanation", and you're willing to ignore all of them because of this "reason". Because it's not the feats that count, it's the DNA that does. Why don't you just break out the handbooks and ignore everything else?

Earmuffs and blindfold debating. The best way to prove a point.

Wrong. Consistent portrayals WITH and explanations are logical and fine by me. Explanations for character like Batman and the Kingpin don't exist and I have a problem with that, yes. If I have to explain this again, the blindfold and earmuffs comment will apply to someone other than myself.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2014 11:42 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

This isn't a reverse the blame debate. This is you willfully ignoring a lot of feats just because they never alluded to Batman being superhuman.

"If I have to explain this again"
You never had to in the first place. It's just that your reasoning is complete garbage and I went over it in the post you quoted. You're willing to ignore tons and tons of feats - not for lack of feats as you admitted - merely because they never explained why Batman can do thousands of things above our level. That's the weakest shit I've heard in a long time, and lots of people like to quote h1 in threads I post in. Well its close anyway.

Even funnier is the implication that you're willing to ignore literally Kingpin's entire history because of this. It's ****ing comics. Where you bring your suspension of disbelief while watching characters go thousands of times light speed. It's not a biography on characters in our world doing stuff. If you can't understand that I think you picked the wrong hobby.

We can get a mod ruling on this if you want though. smile

Old Post Aug 4th, 2014 06:09 PM
h1a8

Wrong. Consistent portrayals WITH and explanations are logical and fine by me. Explanations for character like Batman and the Kingpin don't exist and I have a problem with that, yes. If I have to explain this again, the blindfold and earmuffs comment will apply to someone other than myself.
I was in your exact same position years ago. It was kinda explained why Batman can outperform other humans.
He has had extensive CHI training (with the secret monks in the mountains). If you are unfamiliar with CHI power then i'll PM you about it. In comics, they emphasize it to levels that are not exposed to the general public (if those levels actually exist).

The key to the suspension of disbelief is that unlocking chi power to it's fullest potential will result in Batman like feats.

Now kingpin is another story.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Aug 4th, 2014 06:38 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

This isn't a reverse the blame debate. This is you willfully ignoring a lot of feats just because they never alluded to Batman being superhuman.

"If I have to explain this again"
You never had to in the first place. It's just that your reasoning is complete garbage and I went over it in the post you quoted. You're willing to ignore tons and tons of feats - not for lack of feats as you admitted - merely because they never explained why Batman can do thousands of things above our level. That's the weakest shit I've heard in a long time, and lots of people like to quote h1 in threads I post in. Well its close anyway.

Even funnier is the implication that you're willing to ignore literally Kingpin's entire history because of this. It's ****ing comics. Where you bring your suspension of disbelief while watching characters go thousands of times light speed. It's not a biography on characters in our world doing stuff. If you can't understand that I think you picked the wrong hobby.

We can get a mod ruling on this if you want though. smile

Complete garbage because you say so? Sorry dude, but I don't need your approval to sustain a hobby/interest I have had for the last 37 years or so. Have you even been alive that long? I really don't care if you see my opinion as weak, I see your willingness to accept the unacceptable as weak, but I won't insult you for it. Finally, enough with the "ignoring history." The shit isn't real, none of it every happened. The Holocaust is history, the Big Bang is history, dinosaurs ruling the earth is history. A snickering, manipulative fanboy artist? Not so much.

Oh, and by the way, a character going thousands of times light speed? Don't like it, but as long as an explanation was offered, I can accept it. Look, I did have to repeat myself.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2014 06:39 PM
DarkSaint85

Complete garbage because you say so? Sorry dude, but I don't need your approval to sustain a hobby/interest I have had for the last 37 years or so. Have you even been alive that long? I really don't care if you see my opinion as weak, I see your willingness to accept the unacceptable as weak, but I won't insult you for it. Finally, enough with the "ignoring history." The shit isn't real, none of it every happened. The Holocaust is history, the Big Bang is history, dinosaurs ruling the earth is history. A snickering, manipulative fanboy artist? Not so much.

Oh, and by the way, a character going thousands of times light speed? Don't like it, but as long as an explanation was offered, I can accept it. Look, I did have to repeat myself.

Mystic Eastern monks who have trained Batman. There we go lol.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2014 06:41 PM
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by h1a8
I was in your exact same position years ago. It was kinda explained why Batman can outperform other humans.
He has had extensive CHI training (with the secret monks in the mountains). If you are unfamiliar with CHI power then i'll PM you about it. In comics, they emphasize it to levels that are not exposed to the general public (if those levels actually exist).

The key to the suspension of disbelief is that unlocking chi power to it's fullest potential will result in Batman like feats.

Now kingpin is another story.

You know what? If that is the case, then I could learn to accept it; HOWEVER, DC needs to stop hiding the truth (if this is the truth.) The problem is that Batman at times gets all sorts of credit for being merely a man. Well if that man has super powers (and yes, channelling Chi is a superpower), then that needs to be part of this profile. Fans can't have it both ways.

Last edited by Blue Area Vet on Aug 4th, 2014 at 06:45 PM

Old Post Aug 4th, 2014 06:42 PM
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Mystic Eastern monks who have trained Batman. There we go lol.

Okay, so it's official, Batman has superpowers? A mini Ironfist?

Old Post Aug 4th, 2014 06:43 PM
DarkSaint85

Depends on how you see Chi, I guess.

Is it a superpower, or is it unlocking the full potential of the human body?

The level at Iron Fist does it (destroying Helicarriers etc) is obv a superpower.

With Batman? Not a superpower. Kinda like Cap A in handbooks being a peak human, or Black Panther being peak human etc. Do we ignore all of their feats? Daredevil's? Having super balance does not = super strength, after all.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2014 07:05 PM