KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Writers Wank

Writers Wank
Started by: carver9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carver9

Writers Wank

What's the biggest compliment/wankage a writer has done for a character.

What writer wins the title of lip serving their pet character?

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Aug 1st, 2014 10:08 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Paks Hulk, easy.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2014 10:10 PM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Aug 1st, 2014 10:11 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
thumb up
I know many other writers wank their fave character Starlin included at times, but Pak goes out of his way to quantify feats for fanboys and make statements about who Hulk could "beat".

Old Post Aug 1st, 2014 10:17 PM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

thumb up

Didn't read what he said and im pretty sure it has something to do with Hulk since he posted in my thread but besides his comment, who else do you have?

Old Post Aug 1st, 2014 10:26 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Originally posted by carver9
Didn't read what he said and im pretty sure it has something to do with Hulk since he posted in my thread but besides his comment, who else do you have?
still lying Carver and face the truth. I'm not on your ignore as you post in threads I make.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2014 10:31 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Pak's Hulk after Planet Hulk definitely.
Loeb's Superman.
McDuffie's Wonder Woman to a point.
Starlin's Thanos.

The worst? I dunno.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 1st, 2014 10:41 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

you could probably add geoff's barry and hal to the list.

as far as the *most* lip service/wanking a writer has *ever* given a character? that title would unquestionably go to jim shooter's beyonder.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Aug 1st, 2014 10:46 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by -Pr-
Pak's Hulk after Planet Hulk definitely.
Loeb's Superman.
McDuffie's Wonder Woman to a point.
Starlin's Thanos.

The worst? I dunno.

What did McDuffie say about Wonder Woman?

Old Post Aug 1st, 2014 10:50 PM
carver9

you could probably add geoff's barry and hal to the list.

as far as the *most* lip service/wanking a writer has *ever* given a character? that title would unquestionably go to jim shooter's beyonder.

thumb up

Old Post Aug 1st, 2014 10:51 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

What did McDuffie say about Wonder Woman?

What do you mean "say"?

She was obviously his favourite during the book, and he pushed his own message board opinions in to comics to satisfy his own wants. How does that not qualify?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 1st, 2014 11:15 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Loeb's Rulk

Pak's hulk is bearable if you have read some of the other stories prior to his, he just gave hulk a planet busting feat on panel beyond any doubt .Though his conception of "action" is kind of childish.

Starlin's Thanos is not that bad either

But loeb's rulk basically disregard hierarchies

I also agree with mc duffie's ww

Thank You Prof. T.C McAbe, You are Superman!

Last edited by Rao Kal El on Aug 1st, 2014 at 11:24 PM

Old Post Aug 1st, 2014 11:16 PM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

What do you mean "say"?

She was obviously his favourite during the book, and he pushed his own message board opinions in to comics to satisfy his own wants. How does that not qualify?

Aaaahhhhh, Gotcha. I thought he said something as well. Honestly, Wonder Woman needed that attention. She is an ignored character with a lot of potential.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2014 11:33 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

Starlin just star whores Thanos/Warlock. Which means that if they guest star, then they headline. Other than that he's not too bad. Mind you I never used to like Starlin but I've grown to appreciate his work in retrospect, especially his cosmic building stories.
Another criticism people have however is his intelligence for Thanos/Warlock.

Pak basically started adopting message board arguments for Hulk in comics using Chode until he finally destroyed a planet. Plus the interviews... Pak has turned to complete shit after Planet Hulk however and anything he writes is solely for the purpose of feats no matter the character.

Casey was/is in love with Superman. As was Loeb.

As was Loeb for his original character of Rulk.

Bendis is in love with Luke Cage. Loves Hawkeye. And pretty much any character he even likes causes a cone of suffering around anyone else. Do we need to job out Thor to pump up Hawkeye? Don't see why not.

And then there's Hudlin. Black characters rule. White characters are racists. Because out of all people Dr Doom should be the most racist.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2014 11:48 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Aaaahhhhh, Gotcha. I thought he said something as well. Honestly, Wonder Woman needed that attention. She is an ignored character with a lot of potential.

Why do you say you understand, and then contradict my post as if I meant something else?

He did say things. On message boards.

Even if you feel Wonder Woman is underappreciated, that doesn't change things.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2014 12:11 AM
riv6672

Good, but no.
Busiek's having Superman beat Thor.

Before certain people lose their minds and nuke the thread, IMO, it would have been the same if Thor had won.
There was NO WAY this fight could be seen as anything else.
And, there was no way it could play out like the Batman/Captain America confrontation in the same story.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2014 12:12 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Why do you say you understand, and then contradict my post as if I meant something else?

He did say things. On message boards.

Even if you feel Wonder Woman is underappreciated, that doesn't change things.

I do agree with you. What I am saying is, no matter the writer, I just think Wondy needed a Lil attention. Not as much as he gave her but at least more than what she was getting. So overall, the entirety of my post, all of it wasn't directed at you.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2014 12:20 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I do agree with you. What I am saying is, no matter the writer, I just think Wondy needed a Lil attention. Not as much as he gave her but at least more than what she was getting. So overall, the entirety of my post, all of it wasn't directed at you.

Okay.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2014 01:06 AM
Jynocidus
Sadly, you're the proof..

laughing out loud writers wank

T-Shirts Coming Soon! XD

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2014 02:02 AM
Jynocidus is currently offline Click here to Send Jynocidus a Private Message Find more posts by Jynocidus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Pak was pretty bad with Hulk, but I think Starlin is worse with Thanos. At least Pak wasn't retconing Hulk's losses.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2014 02:26 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote