KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » Super Saiyan Broly VS Thor

Super Saiyan Broly VS Thor
Started by: LordofBrooklyn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (22): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

This thread will make Carver cry, sooner or later, once he sees how wrong he is and how weak DBZ chars are compared to heralds, even mid heralds.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Aug 4th, 2014 11:37 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

quote: (post)
Broly obliterates Thor.

Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Every blast that comes his way comes with ftl speed... and he absorbs or redicrects them

But be my guest and show me a single lifting feat that puts a DBZ char above Thor?

The best I saw was a quarter or part of a city where a SSJ4 Goku had trouble holding it up. DBZ chars are strong with energy projection but weak physically compared to real heralds.
Why do they need lifting feats?
Their punches hurt often more times than their blasts. Of which Broly could casually destroy planets with his blasts.
Even if they could only lift a ton, their punching force is easily answered by the speed in which it's being delivered ala Flash.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2014 11:38 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by carver9

Mjlonir can absorb it but again, he isn't going to be reacting to the amount of blast a coming at him.

What does this mean? Not only can Mjolnir draw in energy and absorb it from all directions but Thor is more then capable of reacting to energy blasts.

Also, what blasts has Thor absorbed that's comparable to Broly's blasts that usually take up the entire battle field?

Lol, common.

You aren't even trying here man.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2014 11:38 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

Thor punches a hole in him. Thor is astronomically stronger than Goku.

I'm not Joking, Boy
Ignore list: Abhi for the sake of the forum.
53>6.6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMfDmX86o
My YouTube

Last edited by pym-ftw on Aug 4th, 2014 at 11:53 PM

Old Post Aug 4th, 2014 11:40 PM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

I want to see this. I'll be here waiting.
Don't hold your breath Suzy, I'm not digging up old scans that don't matter just because you want them. Maybe you should actually read the comics?

Anyway:

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...zps5c8e8c99.jpg
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...zpsd88d7529.jpg

Hey look Gorr tracking two very small FTL moving bodies and throwing chunks of moon at them which they shatter, proving both sides of the battle have FTL reaction-time and combat speed.

On a more coincidental note (As in I found it on accident):

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...zpsa6b6e519.jpg

Apparently Thor simply flying can make stars far away "flicker".

What I'm saying is Thor wins. Broly is a mere planet buster. Thor makes stars flicker by flying. thumb up

Like the star that killed Broly for example.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2014 11:40 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Broly obliterates Thor.

Why do they need lifting feats?
Their punches hurt often more times than their blasts. Of which Broly could casually destroy planets with his blasts.
Even if they could only lift a ton, their punching force is easily answered by the speed in which it's being delivered ala Flash.

No he doesn't, the opposite is true.

Why. Their punches hurt because they are energy fighters and energytanks, they suck physically comapred to heralds. Their punches hurt more because their blunt force durability isn't on the same level as their energy one. SSJ4 Goku couldn't lift a city, a part of it was too much. Their strength isn't good enough to even scratch someone like thor. They would break their bones. When Thor with his planetary strength hits a DBZ char they would most likely die. Like you pointed out, a punch hurts them more.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2014 11:42 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Thor's person, would not tank it, but Mjolnir can absorb it. And he's tough enough to take some of Broly's shots without going comatose.

I said he's incredibly fast. But he's a straight line blitzer. It's his thing. It's not like anyone he fought could do a thing about it. He'd also be a huge target rushing at Thor looking to get countered.

If Broly rushes into Mjolnir, he will be stunned at least. This isn't Gohan's fist, it's mother****ing Mjolnir.

Hyperion, Quicksilver, Silver Surfer, Sentry, etc. Thor's got his low moments of course, we all know that, but they're just low moments.

Mjlonir can absorb it but again, he isn't going to be reacting to the amount of blast a coming at him. Also, what blasts has Thor absorbed that's comparable to Broly's blasts that usually take up the entire battle field?

If Broly rush Thor 10/10 he is going to land his attack along with whatever else attack he dishes out. This isn't Superman or Gladiator, someone that you can use the 'in character' argument against. Broly will use his speed (especially since he will have info on Mjlonir per forum rules).

So when Thor fought these people, they were fighting like DBZ characters. I feel got darn safe at saying that if a Z fighter doesn't want Thor seeing them, it ain't hapoening. [/B][/QUOTE]

Mjolnir doesn't need to be physically at every blast to absorb it, if he had to constantly move his hammer to catch the energy, then yes I agree he'd be overwhelmed, but Mjolnir can just draw the blasts into it.

Broly's blasts take up the entire battlefield, once they detonate.

In their initial form, they're usually not anything more than small spheres of energy that would easily get sucked into Mjolnir.

He definitely could, he could also run into an uppercut that cracks his jaw /shrug.

They were actually indeed fighting more or less like Broly lol. Very fast bullrushes that ended in counters.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Aug 4th, 2014 11:42 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Why do none of you know how to quote a post properly?

Old Post Aug 4th, 2014 11:47 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

I'm too lazy to care /shrug

They usually get the gist.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Aug 4th, 2014 11:52 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Why. Their punches hurt because they are energy fighters and energytanks, they suck physically comapred to heralds. Their punches hurt more because their blunt force durability isn't on the same level as their energy one. SSJ4 Goku couldn't lift a city, a part of it was too much. Their strength isn't good enough to even scratch someone like thor. They would break their bones. When Thor with his planetary strength hits a DBZ char they would most likely die. Like you pointed out, a punch hurts them more.

Something like this. Repeated and recurring gravity training (from 10 to IIRC a maximum of 300 Gs) and and base Goku's on panel struggle with 40 tons during the Buu saga say a fair bit about the relative power of their muscles v.s. their ki blasts, which can end planets weighing in the sextillions of tons. There's some serious discrepency between the two.

Which incidentally points to a single hammer blow killing Broly.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2014 11:53 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by Damborgson
You seem stressed LoB. Do I need to send you to the Isle of Silence till you cooldown?

Your deflectiion won't work!

BROLY or Thor?

CHOOSE!

Old Post Aug 5th, 2014 12:01 AM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Get some backing on that and get back to me. Physical weakness just because they get hurt, lol. Energy fighters/tanks is the excuse I'm asking for proof of btw.

And SS4 is overridden considering Bills destroyed like 4 or so planets in a second by flying through them. Or because it's non canon.
Or Goku in a base state slowing down a massive island that Frieza tk chucked at him at high speeds with no flight being used.

Again though, even if they were weak it's easily explained to be the same as Flash. Lol at Broly not even scratching Thor though when the exact argument can be made for the many people under even 100 tons have hurt him. Backed up by people who have been going lightspeed since Dragonball.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2014 12:02 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Just dropping by real quick:

Space FTL is a damn trope. It can't be seriously referred to as real perception/reflex speed because it would make far too many damn characters have nigh infinite reflex speed if you take the all the implications into account.

For phuck's sake, even Godzilla has enemies that are lightspeed+...in space. On the ground they wouldn't even be able to outrun an F1 race car, or just barely keep up, maybe.

John Stewart was FTL in justice league unlimited, in space, he was still obviously much slower than a Wally that was lightspeed at absolute best when he was cutting loose, and still slower than even the more usual triple digit mach Wally.

Vilgax and Aggregor were massively FTL in space in Ben 10. Both slower than even a triple digit at best mach alien like Fasttrack.

Thor was clearly much slower than a triple digit mach Quicksilver. Who easily dodged Thor's lightning and mocked his speed, and noted that he's been dodging lightning since he was a kid as a reason for why he could easily dodge Thor's. --Thor is obviously not going to move faster than his own lightning on the ground.

Thor is fast, no doubt. But you are never going to see him do practical speed feats like punching in a nanosecond (which would make him a few times faster than light), do something massively FTL like rebuilding an entire city or evacuating an entire city from a nuclear explosion in a small time frame or anything like that. Though he does have a feat where he built some tower by hand, brick by brick, in what was maybe a few minutes. He also casually caught a tank shell fired at him.

He also has an extremely old feat of throwing a punch in a moment the narration called a 'microsecond', but it may have been hyperbole, flowery embellishment due to the era, IIRC, even Steve Rogers had moments where his movements would be called in extremely quick time frames like microseconds or lower, obviously hyperbole.

Last edited by CosmicComet on Aug 5th, 2014 at 12:08 AM

Old Post Aug 5th, 2014 12:02 AM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Haha, "planets".

I'd clear more distance walking to the closest Walmart to my house than I would walking those planets' circumference.

Goku in his base state slowed down a massive island? When's that? The anime I'd imagine, since no lifting feat nearly that good exists in the manga. The anime is also noncanon by the way, but so is Broly, so arguably anime feats could apply to him.

It's funny, for all people talk about the "striking strength" of DBZ characters (Who aren't FTL until the time of Battle of Gods), no one here has even mentioned the best one in the manga, which I horde in secret like a kid at fat camp does a candybar.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2014 12:07 AM
NemeBro

Originally posted by CosmicComet
Just dropping by real quick:

Space FTL is a damn trope. It can't be seriously referred to as real perception/reflex speed because it would make far too many damn characters have nigh infinite reflex speed if you take the all the implications into account.

For phuck's sake, even Godzilla has enemies that are lightspeed+...in space. On the ground they wouldn't even be able to outrun an F1 race car, or just barely keep up, maybe.

John Stewart was FTL in justice league unlimited, in space, he was still obviously much slower than a Wally that was lightspeed at absolute best when he was cutting loose, and still slower than even the more usual triple digit mach Wally.

Vilgax and Aggregor were massively FTL in space in Ben 10. Both slower than even a triple digit at best mach alien like Fasttrack.

Thor was clearly much slower than a triple digit mach Quicksilver. Who easily dodged Thor's lightning and mocked his speed, and noted that he's been dodging lightning since he was a kid as a reason for why he could easily dodge Thor's. --Thor is obviously not going to move faster than his own lightning on the ground.

Thor is fast, no doubt. But you are never going to see him do practical speed feats like punching in a nanosecond (which would make him a few times faster than light), do something massively FTL like rebuilding an entire city or evacuating an entire city from a nuclear explosion in a small time frame or anything like that. Though he does have a feat where he built some tower by hand, brick by brick, in what was maybe a few minutes.

He also has an extremely old feat of throwing a punch in a moment the narration called a 'microsecond', but it may have been hyperbole, flowery embellishment due to the era, IIRC, even Steve Rogers had moments where his movements would be called in extremely quick time frames like microseconds or lower, obviously hyperbole.
If Thor in GoT only flew that fast you'd have a point. Since he also reacted while doing so to an attack that homed in on him flying that fast you don't have one.

It is just one feat though. God of Thunder Thor was definitely faster than most incarnations of the character. Thor's obviously slower than other people in his weight class like, say, Superman. I was just showing carver that the feats do exist.

You're a **** by the way.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2014 12:10 AM
CosmicComet

Where in his fight with Gor is he ever reacting to a FTL attack?

Him knocking Gorr light years away and then following him is simply still linear flight speed, just following an attack. Ergo, still a damn trope feat.

Even so, something like throwing an attack while flying FTL doesn't give FTL reflexes. Especially if that guy you are attacking is moving equally FTL to you.

& You won't think I'm a ***** once you see these GoW speed feats and statements I've uncovered. ; ) Respect thread back on, I'm squeezing in time finally in-between classes, career, and fiance.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2014 12:16 AM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Him knocking Gorr light years away and then following him is simply still linear flight speed, just following an attack. Ergo, still a damn trope.

Even so, throwing an attack while flying FTL doesn't give FTL reflexes. Especially if that guy you are attacking is moving equally FTL to you.

& You won't think I'm a ***** once you see these GoW speed feats and statements I've uncovered. ; ) Respect thread back on, I'm squeezing in time finally in-between classes, career, and fiance.
Read the post where I posted the scans and you might find out.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2014 12:17 AM
iceman24567

Thor everytime

Old Post Aug 5th, 2014 12:18 AM
iceman24567 is currently offline Click here to Send iceman24567 a Private Message Find more posts by iceman24567 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Him knocking Gorr light years away and then following him is simply still linear flight speed, just following an attack. Ergo, still a damn trope feat.

Even so, something like throwing an attack while flying FTL doesn't give FTL reflexes. Especially if that guy you are attacking is moving equally FTL to you.

Things work differently when they're moving FTL in a direction opposing the direction you're moving. They're not keeping pace, there's only a brief window of intersect.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2014 12:19 AM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
I'm referring to God of Thunder where Old Thor blasts Gorr lightyears away and the Thors follow him in only a few moments. Gorr can of course track their massively FTL movement and attacks them as they approach. Guess what that means? Guess what it means when they easily react to it?

It's Thor's arm swinging the hammer, not Mjolnir. smile

No one is denying that Mjlonir will allow Thor to fly faster than light or Ironman boosters allows him to fly FTL or Firelord staff allows him to TRAVEL at light speed. Wait a minute, do you know the difference between travel and combat speed?

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Aug 5th, 2014 12:24 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote