KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Assassin's Creed: Rogue

Looking forward to this?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 4 30.77%
No 3 23.08%
Only gonna play Unity 1 7.69%
FFS Ubisoft, WTF. 5 38.46%
Total: 13 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Assassin's Creed: Rogue
Started by: Demonic Phoenix

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I'm only up to about the 5th sequence, Been exploring River Valley i'm glad they put in the fast travel for the towns.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2014 04:10 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JamesMarshall

Great Outfit

assassin creed is a great game it's most interesting game made by ubisoft i usually play it on my playstation, on recent i brought the costume of connor kenway i am shocked that it is perfect one that is wearing in the game. i refer to every one if you buy this costume then visit slimfitjackets uk

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2014 10:06 AM
JamesMarshall is currently offline Click here to Send JamesMarshall a Private Message Find more posts by JamesMarshall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

So I just started playing this game. I got it for Christmas, but I let it lie for a while due to the low score it got from IGN and generally not hearing much about it (and of course, franchise fatigue).

But to my surprise, this is one of the best AC games! I'm really enjoying the story, and at first I was afraid that it was just a smaller reskin of Black Flag, but they sure did do A LOT of changes to the world and the mechanics. I find Shay to be a really interesting protagonist.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Mar 16th, 2015 11:13 AM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

That's your problem right there trusting IGN game reviews.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2015 11:56 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Morridini
So I just started playing this game. I got it for Christmas, but I let it lie for a while due to the low score it got from IGN and generally not hearing much about it (and of course, franchise fatigue).

But to my surprise, this is one of the best AC games! I'm really enjoying the story, and at first I was afraid that it was just a smaller reskin of Black Flag, but they sure did do A LOT of changes to the world and the mechanics. I find Shay to be a really interesting protagonist.

Rogue is definitely not a smaller game than Black Flag. If you're like me, you'll get a little frustrated when you explore some of the areas in the River Valley.

And yes, Rogue is one of the best in the series. Black Flag was a really good game. Rogue improves upon it in almost every way. Better story, refined gameplay, far better main character (2nd best protagonist after Ezio imo), etc. Haytham is also a secondary character, so that's a definite plus.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Mar 16th, 2015 02:41 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulk
Retired Debater

As much as i love this game..it feels it just recycles Black Flag...

WORD LIFE!!!

Old Post Mar 27th, 2015 02:38 PM
TheHulk is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulk a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by TheHulk
As much as i love this game..it feels it just recycles Black Flag...

Well it mostly is. It's built on the same foundation, so while it has all of the good stuff Black Flag had, it has the bad too.

As a game I like it, because I loved Black Flag, and more of the same is a good thing to me.

I'm a few hours in to it, and I'm enjoying it so far... But man, his ****ing accent is awful. What makes it worse is that Liam, his best friend, has a perfectly fine Irish accent (as the actor is Irish). I get that doing the whole "VA does motion capture too" thing is popular right now, but it isn't really necessary imo.

Anyway... I like the air rifle. that's cool.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 5th, 2015 02:28 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

I finally finished Rogue. Great game, but I have a few criticisms. First off, it's way too short. It's most 2/3rds the length of previous games, and thats being generous. Throughout that short length, you are made to visit maybe 10% of all the areas in the game, which is a shame because that makes most areas feel like filler even though they are so well made. New York from Assassins Creed III (pre-ravaged) is a huge area, and you have two other great sized maps to visit. One of them is an icy set of glacier islands with iceburgs and penguins around, and the other is an AC3 like terrain with bunch of forests connected by rivers. It's all very beautiful, but there is little incentive to actually go visit all these ports outside of collectibles and unlocking items/outfits.

Now on to the good. The story is actually pretty damn good. It explains why the Assassins are extinct by AC3, it explains the purpose of the precursor sites, and it gives us closure on a bunch past characters (all of it sad, unfortunately; Ezio is officially the only assassin to have a truly happy ending). It also spans a long time period, so it ties together AC4, 3, and Unity in huge ways. It felt like Revelations in this regard. Closure is always welcome. The only person who didn't get any closure was Shay himself, which is a shame. One of the things I liked about AC4 is that it worked as a self contained story. Edward had his ending.

Shay himself was an awesome character. It was cool playing as a badass, high ranking Templar (I always enjoy this aspect; Haytham Kenway is my second favorite character in this series, right behind his dad, so its great seeing his side for a game). We got to see history from their side throughout the entire game, and it was an interesting POV. On the other hand, it was sad wreaking havoc on the Assassins. One assassination especially, had a huge impact on me. Fuuaark. Shays character arc into a full out villain throughout the game was well done. The games short length did make it feel quick, but taking into account all the years that passed between sequences makes that forgivable, as does his reasoning for it all.

As far as the gameplay, while this did borrow a lot from AC4 and 3, it felt unique. The assassins are your enemies this time around, and they actually built the gameplay around that. You are hunted by enemies you cant see, and you're preventing assassinations as opposed to carrying them out. All the assassins you killed (your former friends) also had their own unique set pieces leading to their deaths, so while the game was short, it was bombastic all the way through. I had experiences in this game I've never had in an AC game. So many great missions.

Rogue is at it's best if you've played AC3, 4, and Unity to a lesser extent (it leads directly into Unity, so it's probably better to play Rogue before it). It serves as an exclamation point to AC3 and 4, so it does lose a bit of its own identity because of this. Shay is a vessel to closure for past games, and filling us in on certain characters and plot lines, while showing us the story from a different POV. I liked it, and it's definitely worth playing. I'd rank it a little lower than I originally thought though, since it doesn't really stand on its own as well. It really depends on you having played the other games.

1. Black Flag
2. AC2
3. Brotherhood
4. Rogue
5. Syndicate
6. Revelations
7. AC3
8. Unity
9. AC

tl;dr If you've played AC3 and 4, definitely play this one. Preferably before Unity.

PWNT

Old Post Jul 12th, 2016 03:45 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Agreed for the most part. It was a lot of fun. His voice is still shit, but as the game went on, it became less of an issue.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 12th, 2016 04:04 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Yeah, something about the way he talked bugged me. I'm no expert on Irish accents though, so I'm not sure what it was. Still, it grew on me and I accepted it as part of his character eventually.

PWNT

Old Post Jul 12th, 2016 05:16 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Arachnid1
Yeah, something about the way he talked bugged me. I'm no expert on Irish accents though, so I'm not sure what it was. Still, it grew on me and I accepted it as part of his character eventually.

It was just a bad Irish accent in general.

I did like the tie in with Unity; I had finished Unity first and I still didn't feel like it spoiled it for me.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 12th, 2016 05:52 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Got Unity recently for the PS4...doesn't seem to have as much issues after the 6 GB patch, Not that i actually got the game on launch.

Last edited by Kazenji on Jul 12th, 2016 at 06:24 AM

Old Post Jul 12th, 2016 06:22 AM
Arachnid1

He guys, this game went backwards compatible a few days ago.

It's one of the best ACs IMO, so you cant go wrong picking it up on 360.

PWNT

Old Post Feb 27th, 2017 05:16 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

This game is getting remastered with all the DLC with it

https://www.polygon.com/2018/1/11/1...ne-release-date

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 02:07 AM