KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Uncharted 4

Uncharted 4
Started by: Firefly218

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Finished it in a day. Visually blown away. Great plot. Only let down for me is its too linear. Never played any of the other Uncharted games but might get the collection now. I liked the 2nd flashback sequence in the old woman's mansion.

8/10

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post May 11th, 2016 11:54 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I can say this game's single player was quite the experience. I recommend everyone that can afford it to get it, or rent it. My only complain was the AI being dumber than the one in The Last of Us. But maybe that is because of the nature of Uncharted's more intense shootouts.

If you got a PS4 and you can play this game you owe it to yourself. 9/10 from me. I haven't even touched the MP, but I doubt I'll even try it. So that rating goes for SP

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post May 13th, 2016 04:54 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

If the multiplayer is anything like the previous games, Then it should be good unless of course of Naughty Dog F'ked up.

Old Post May 13th, 2016 06:41 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Finally beat it. It's a fantastic game.

Pros:
- unbelievable art design, graphics and level design.
- I love how open the game feels compared to previous games in the series. Even the idea of having multiple ledges to choose from makes the experience that much better.
- story is good especially once it gets going. I don't want to say much else but I really enjoyed how the game ended.

Cons:
- it's a bit slow for the first 3 hours or so. It's not a deal breaker.
- I thought the game had too much stealth in it which doesn't help because the stealth is not the greatest.
- set pieces are a lot less.

Overall, it's a fantastic game. I still think Uncharted 2 is the best in the series but it's better than the first. It's probably better than the third but I think I need to wait a few years and play it again. Also, I think I enjoyed Rise of the Tomb Raider a bit more as well. There are slightly different games and both are fantastic but I think I enjoyed Tomb Raider more. With that game, I could not put it down while Uncharted 4, I wasn't compelled to finish it. In fact, my friend and I ran through a few nights of The Division instead of trying to finish the game.

Old Post May 18th, 2016 03:24 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

10/10 for me
quote: (post)
Originally posted by jaden101
Finished it in a day. Visually blown away. Great plot. Only let down for me is its too linear. Never played any of the other Uncharted games but might get the collection now. I liked the 2nd flashback sequence in the old woman's mansion.

8/10
That's what you get with Naughty Dog though, linear storytelling is to be expected

Old Post May 22nd, 2016 09:07 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Finally got around to finishing this. Better than Uncharted 3. Not as good as Uncharted 2. I was a bit let down in the end. The villain was awesome, though we didn't get to see enough of him. The ending was a repeat of Uncharted 3. Fight rich skinny villain 1v1 while everything goes to hell around you, barely make out with almost no goods.

I suppose the epilogue was cool, and the story was one of the best in the series, but the entire pirate plot fell flat. I also am disappointed in the fact that there was no supernatural twist, and no memorable set pieces. These, along with the characters, are what made Uncharted 2 so great.

I'd give this one a 7/10. Not the best ND game. Rise of the Tomb Raider got it beat too.

PWNT

Old Post Jul 26th, 2016 02:50 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, I agree on pretty much all points.

I think Rise of the Tomb Raider is a better game but Uncharted 4 is still a very good one.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2016 03:25 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Arachnid1
I also am disappointed in the fact that there was no supernatural twist

I would always play a Tomb Raider/Uncharted game anticipating for the supernatural force near the end. One of them not actually having one feels...weird. You think you'd be fighting undead pirates or something.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Jul 26th, 2016 at 04:34 AM

Old Post Jul 26th, 2016 04:29 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah. That is true. I was a bit disappointed that there wasn't the supernatural aspect as well.

Personally, I think Uncharted 4 will be one of those games where people a few years from now will look back and realize that it wasn't as good as they thought it was. There wasn't anything truly memorable about the game. It was just a game that was extremely well made (which is important as well). And I think the lack of big set pieces contributes to this.

And even though The Last of Us is a absolute masterpiece, I find that Uncharted 4 has the same tone as it and I don't know if that was the best thing for it. There wasn't a "a ha" moment like the U-Boat in the jungle from Uncharted, or the huge dagger puzzle/train/ from Uncharted 2 or the whole desert scene in Uncharted 3. The Last of Us had the excellent intro sequence (which is probably on my favs), the campus, and Pittsburgh. Uncharted 4 didn't really have that (or at least in my opinion).

Old Post Jul 26th, 2016 02:44 PM
Demonic Phoenix

The entire series technically never has a supernatural aspect (because everything eventually gets a scientific explanation), and since they were after Pirate Treasure in 4, I am glad that there was no supernatural tone at all. The aptly titled Avery's Descent chapter was pretty chilling and worked well, despite never having a supernatural tone.

Uncharted 4 had imo the best story of the series. Also, the Crash Bandicoot segment, and the epilogue were standouts. Those will be remembered.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Last edited by Demonic Phoenix on Jul 27th, 2016 at 03:19 AM

Old Post Jul 27th, 2016 03:16 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

What scientific reason? There was never scientific reason for 90% of the "supernatural" part of Uncharted.

The blue men were supernatural creatures from ingesting the sap from the Tree of Life. The same tree that gives self-regenerative powers. Pretty sure that has nothing to do with science and is all voodoo.

Same with the first game and the artifact that turns people into uncontrollable killing zombies.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2016 04:09 AM
Bro SMASH

I'd rather the series not be too supernatural.

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/358/5/d/ultimate_crossover_by_vanishingwalker-d5kg5ey.jpg

Old Post Jul 27th, 2016 04:21 AM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Originally posted by Smasandian
What scientific reason? There was never scientific reason for 90% of the "supernatural" part of Uncharted.

The blue men were supernatural creatures from ingesting the sap from the Tree of Life. The same tree that gives self-regenerative powers. Pretty sure that has nothing to do with science and is all voodoo.

Same with the first game and the artifact that turns people into uncontrollable killing zombies.

Yes there was.

The Guardians were mutated due to taking in the tree's resin for a long time. That is definitely not "all voodoo."

Nope, the first game's 'supernatural' aspect was due to a virus found inside El Dorado that immediately affected people. Word of God confirms as much.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Jul 27th, 2016 07:55 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Except the tree resin had magical healing properties and turned the end boss into a superhuman. I'm not sure what you think of science but there is no tree in this world that has magical healing properties....it's a bit supernatural. It's beyond scientific understanding.

Same with the virus. There isn't a virus that can turn regular humans into murdering zombies. Just because it's a "virus" doesn't mean it's based on reality. Uncharted 3 is about a city that was lost was due to the King imprisoning supernatural creatures. All pretty much beyond the laws of nature.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2016 08:18 PM
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Smasandian
Except the tree resin had magical healing properties and turned the end boss into a superhuman. I'm not sure what you think of science but there is no tree in this world that has magical healing properties....it's a bit supernatural. It's beyond scientific understanding.

Same with the virus. There isn't a virus that can turn regular humans into murdering zombies. Just because it's a "virus" doesn't mean it's based on reality. Uncharted 3 is about a city that was lost was due to the King imprisoning supernatural creatures. All pretty much beyond the laws of nature.
Agreed with this. Aspects like these are what make Uncharted what it is. Remove that, along with the set pieces, and it's boring.

It's like removing the "zombies" from Last of Us. Nowhere near as interesting. Atmosphere is great and all, but it needs the gameplay and enemies to match. I don't want to walk through deserted ruins pointlessly in a video game.

PWNT

Old Post Jul 28th, 2016 01:14 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

I liked to do that in Shadows of the colossus. sad

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jul 28th, 2016 04:21 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
I liked to do that in Shadows of the colossus. sad
Yeah, but at least that was building towards epic encounters with supernatural creatures

Take those all out, and would that game still be remembered fondly?

PWNT

Old Post Jul 28th, 2016 06:56 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by Arachnid1
Yeah, but at least that was building towards epic encounters with supernatural creatures

Take those all out, and would that game still be remembered fondly?

Absolutely not.

However, Uncharted is remembered based on Nathan Drake and the extreme set pieces he gets into. The supernatural edge in all the previous games were what made the story.

Uncharted 4 had some awesome moments and some amazing level design. As well, the pirate story setting was pretty awesome but in my opinion, it was way to grounded to make it really memorable. Or maybe I just ****ing loved Uncharted 2.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2016 10:13 PM