KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Why do Marvel Animations suck?

Why do Marvel Animations suck?
Started by: janus77

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JayDaDon
Spectacular Spider-man was awesome too.

Think that was by Sony. Got cancelled when the animation rights reverted back to Marvel.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2014 07:53 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Has there ever been a good Marvel animation since in the last two decades?

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2014 09:15 AM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Yeah, Avengers EHM. Which Loeb cancelled and replaced with the new crappy Avengers Assemble.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2014 09:38 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Hero Class

Avengers EMH was awesome, they did the most stupid thing by getting it cancelled thumb up

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2014 12:07 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Bentley
Avengers EMH was awesome, they did the most stupid thing by getting it cancelled thumb up

Miss that show!

But to be fair I have no idea what the ratings were for that show, and what they are for the new crappy Loeb infested show.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2014 12:12 PM
SamZED

Avengers EMH
Spectacular SM
Wolverine and the X-men

Such great shows. All cancelled so early. Dumb.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2014 06:19 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Does anyone know if the ratings for these new shows are any higher?

Because that's the only possible reason I can think why these other shows were cancelled.

Although with Spectacular SM that I believe was by Sony (hence no superhero crossovers in that show), and it stopped when Marvel got the animation rights back. Which is something we probably all wanted so we could get superhero crossovers.

Just goes to show we should be careful what we wish for.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2014 08:43 PM
Femi32

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Does anyone know if the ratings for these new shows are any higher?

Because that's the only possible reason I can think why these other shows were cancelled.

Although with Spectacular SM that I believe was by Sony (hence no superhero crossovers in that show), and it stopped when Marvel got the animation rights back. Which is something we probably all wanted so we could get superhero crossovers.

Just goes to show we should be careful what we wish for.

Low ratings didn't kill Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes. Jeph Loeb simply wanted a show that correlated with Ultimate Spider-Man.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...raphics/162507/

The link above states A:EMH had 847,000 total viewers.

http://marvel.com/news/tv/2014/7/26..._second_seasons

The link above states Avengers Assemble has 699,000 total viewers.

I believe Disney and Marvel are satisfied with these new Marvel shows because they are reaching their target demographic. All they care about are boys playing with toys.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2014 12:59 AM
Femi32 is currently offline Click here to Send Femi32 a Private Message Find more posts by Femi32 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JayDaDon
G.O.A.T Ranger

Phucking stupid, they basically cancelled EMH on a whim.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2014 01:28 AM
JayDaDon is currently offline Click here to Send JayDaDon a Private Message Find more posts by JayDaDon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WhiteWitchKing

When are they going to cancel Avengers Assemble?

Edit: And fire Loeb?

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2014 03:28 AM
WhiteWitchKing is currently offline Click here to Send WhiteWitchKing a Private Message Find more posts by WhiteWitchKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

He also didn't like that EMH had multi episode storylines so forced them to stop after the skrulls in season 2. He actually complained about it in an interview and was part of why he wanted to start fresh so as to not bother with what the show had established.

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2014 06:02 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Femi32
Low ratings didn't kill Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes. Jeph Loeb simply wanted a show that correlated with Ultimate Spider-Man.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...raphics/162507/

The link above states A:EMH had 847,000 total viewers.

http://marvel.com/news/tv/2014/7/26..._second_seasons

The link above states Avengers Assemble has 699,000 total viewers.

I believe Disney and Marvel are satisfied with these new Marvel shows because they are reaching their target demographic. All they care about are boys playing with toys.

Right now I'm just f***ing Pissed.

So basically they're not going to make a better show again that also appeals to older viewers and gets a larger viewership, because we will never buy as many toys.

Screw them!

That's one thing I'm glad WB are doing right by us fans and older audiences. And not just selling out on show quality to sell more toys.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2014 12:59 PM
Kazenji

That's one thing I'm glad WB are doing right by us fans and older audiences. And not just selling out on show quality to sell more toys.

They've also pulled the toy card with their stuff recently too.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2014 01:13 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

At least they are still targeting older audiences as well. Which to be fair is more important for them if they want to gain exposure of their characters for their eventual big screen appearances.

Of Marvel's current ones I'd say Avengers Assemble is the most watchable (even if it is a huge step down from EMH). Because it's only like 50% kiddish instead of 100% kiddish, or in the case of Spectacular SM 200% kiddish.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2014 02:56 PM
Darth Thor

or in the case of Spectacular SM 200% kiddish.

I meant Ultimate Spider-Man... Obviously.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2014 03:20 PM
God Cloth Seiya

Marvel just really doesn't care when it comes to animation.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2014 04:26 PM
God Cloth Seiya is currently offline Click here to Send God Cloth Seiya a Private Message Find more posts by God Cloth Seiya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Femi32

Originally posted by JayDaDon
Phucking stupid, they basically cancelled EMH on a whim.

Yep. sad

Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
When are they going to cancel Avengers Assemble?

Edit: And fire Loeb?

Doesn't seem like it anytime soon. They had a press release stating the huge gains Ultimate Spider-man made from a year ago and Avengers Assemble's establishment. Even at it's best, Ultimate Spider-Man is still 20,000 total viewers short of Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

Right now I'm just f***ing Pissed.

So basically they're not going to make a better show again that also appeals to older viewers and gets a larger viewership, because we will never buy as many toys.

Screw them!

Originally posted by Kazenji
They've also pulled the toy card with their stuff recently too.

Young Justice was cancelled for the same reasons. Cartoon Network is no prize, either. It's not surprising since they are also owned by Time Warner.

At least they are still targeting older audiences as well. Which to be fair is more important for them if they want to gain exposure of their characters for their eventual big screen appearances.

The DC Animated movies help. Without those, the whole animated comic era would be as pathetic as the current era of Saturday morning cartoons. I don't understand why a show can't cross demographics, have high ratings, and sell toys. Why do they refuse to do that? They could make more money from merchandise if they expanded beyond boys and toys.

Of Marvel's current ones I'd say Avengers Assemble is the most watchable (even if it is a huge step down from EMH). Because it's only like 50% kiddish instead of 100% kiddish, or in the case of Spectacular SM 200% kiddish.

Avengers Assemble is more watchable than the rest, but it's still too dumb and boring for me. I refuse to watch any serialized Marvel cartoons unless they make new ones.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2014 05:18 PM
Femi32 is currently offline Click here to Send Femi32 a Private Message Find more posts by Femi32 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by God Cloth Seiya
Marvel just really doesn't care when it comes to animation.

Not enough money in it for them to care I guess.

I don't understand why a show can't cross demographics, have high ratings, and sell toys. Why do they refuse to do that? They could make more money from merchandise if they expanded beyond boys and toys.

Yeah just like most the Marvel movies. People of all demographics enjoy them and they make tons through merchandising.

By catering Merchandising to different demographics as well. I mean a kid's more likely to buy a Thor toy or bedding, whilst I'm more likely to buy a Thor Poster or T-Shirt.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2014 06:03 PM
JayDaDon
G.O.A.T Ranger

Originally posted by Lek Kuen
He also didn't like that EMH had multi episode storylines so forced them to stop after the skrulls in season 2. He actually complained about it in an interview and was part of why he wanted to start fresh so as to not bother with what the show had established.

God Loeb is the worst at everything why DOES MARVEL KEEP FEEDING HIM?

Old Post Aug 24th, 2014 03:47 AM
JayDaDon is currently offline Click here to Send JayDaDon a Private Message Find more posts by JayDaDon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Avengers Assemble is more watchable than the rest, but it's still too dumb and boring for me. I refuse to watch any serialized Marvel cartoons unless they make new ones.

Oh man just wasted 20mins of my life watching a whole episode of Falcon being scared of his mum.

I can't believe they're making this more and more like Ultimate Spider-Man.

Was just watching it because it was still Ok and I had an Avengers animation void to fill, and it was previously no where near as stupid and bad as the others. But with this episode it reached those levels.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2014 01:40 PM