KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Invincible VS Young Thor: Time Limit Challenge!

Can Young Thor stop Invincible in 10 minutes
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes, the Odinson can stop Invincible in 10 minutes 3 30.00%
No, the Odinson cannot stop Invincible in 10 minutes 7 70.00%
Total: 10 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Invincible VS Young Thor: Time Limit Challenge!
Started by: LordofBrooklyn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
CadenceV2
Formerly Sirfizzwhizz

Cool

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Epicurus
WTF is this shit? erm

Thor was shattering worlds as a side-effect of his battle with Gorr. To the point that he had to go to the nearby moon and save its inhabitants from the effects of Mjolnir's blow. Thor has engaged Death-Seed enhanced Sentry who literally hurled their atoms forward at speeds much greater than light, and he was able to traverse lightyears within mere seconds while chasing Gorr.

Thor is definitely a bonafide planet-buster, who has the capability to react at superhuman speeds.

Edit: Thor has defeated an amped version of Hulk in their last encounter(Fear Itself), and the Juggernaut is such a massive jobber, it's not even funny to mention his name in the same sentence as someone like Thor.

Understandable points, but shattering worlds off panel as a "after effect" while never showing the ability to shatter a world period before is not sitting with me. I want to see a on panel planet smashing or moving feat.

Also his speed reaction is still nothing comparable to guys like Superman or Flash or even quicksilver and Spider Man in speed feats. You say he dodged atom hurled ftl? Captain America has dogged lightspeed lasers. Your point? Its not consistent or ever shown of Thor to fight at blurring speeds or higher at all. There is many feats where his speed is shown to be slower. Do we ignore all feats that been consistently shown he is no faster than say Hulk over 60 years of comics? I like consistency, not one off feats done for plot when discussing characters.

Thats just me. wink

Old Post Aug 15th, 2014 01:01 PM
CadenceV2 is currently offline Click here to Send CadenceV2 a Private Message Find more posts by CadenceV2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadenceV2
Formerly Sirfizzwhizz

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Classic Thor and current Thor is the same Thor.

Same Thor yes, not versions. Classic Thor had time travel abilities and could do matter manipulation alot. He also had many speed feats in classic days. Current Thor lost Time Traveling from his hammer, has not use matter manipulation in over 27 years, and gets blitz alot.

Clear differences.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2014 01:08 PM
CadenceV2 is currently offline Click here to Send CadenceV2 a Private Message Find more posts by CadenceV2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Originally posted by CadenceV2
Understandable points, but shattering worlds off panel as a "after effect" while never showing the ability to shatter a world period before is not sitting with me. I want to see a on panel planet smashing or moving feat.

Also his speed reaction is still nothing comparable to guys like Superman or Flash or even quicksilver and Spider Man in speed feats. You say he dodged atom hurled ftl? Captain America has dogged lightspeed lasers. Your point? Its not consistent or ever shown of Thor to fight at blurring speeds or higher at all. There is many feats where his speed is shown to be slower. Do we ignore all feats that been consistently shown he is no faster than say Hulk over 60 years of comics? I like consistency, not one off feats done for plot when discussing characters.

I don't care if it doesn't sit with you. Heck, based on most recent canon which states that all of the 10 Norse Realms are fully fledged universes, I can bring back the World Tree feat and say that Thor pushed back against the weight of 10 universes. Only a hater or a retard would try to argue that Thor doesn't possess the strength to break a planet.

Lol, Captain America dodging lightspeed sabers is an ftl-reaction feat how exactly? Thor has given chase to Hermes, not to mention fought the Silver Surfer on equal levels(if not slightly superior). And I am not talking regular, run-of-the mill Surfer, I am talking post-Annihilation Surfer who has had a solid record of wrecking herald-levellers left and right over the last few years.
Thats just me. wink

You're an ignorant Thor-hater? Okay.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2014 03:16 PM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

I don't care if it doesn't sit with you. Heck, based on most recent canon which states that all of the 10 Norse Realms are fully fledged universes, I can bring back the World Tree feat and say that Thor pushed back against the weight of 10 universes. Only a hater or a retard would try to argue that Thor doesn't possess the strength to break a planet.

Lol, Captain America dodging lightspeed sabers is an ftl-reaction feat how exactly? Thor has given chase to Hermes, not to mention fought the Silver Surfer on equal levels(if not slightly superior). And I am not talking regular, run-of-the mill Surfer, I am talking post-Annihilation Surfer who has had a solid record of wrecking herald-levellers left and right over the last few years.

I don't even bother anymore. This dude must live under the largest bridge in the world. He's useful for a good laugh though.
laughing

Old Post Aug 15th, 2014 04:47 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadenceV2
Formerly Sirfizzwhizz

Show me Thor busting a planet on panel please smile

Show me Thor consistently fighting at speeds Superman does or Flash please smile

Im not saying he is not Hulk strong (many times they near stalemate in physical battles, Hulk is hardly multi planet buster), and I see no reason for Thor to be out of Mark's class by a large margin due to the feats of Viltrumites in Image.

Im sorry I disagree with you to the point to just call me hater. I admit Thor is likely the stronger, and more durable. He has the advantage in powers through the hammer. Just that Mark can win straight fights due to speed and relative ball park strength and durability to cause damage or take the few occasional hits from Thor.

However I see its easier for you to just call me a hater rather than prove the fact that Thor can casually bust a planet on panel, or even show me he consistently out powers Hulk easy for that matter, or moves consistently at super speeds anywhere around Mark's level without the use of the hammer to propel him to travel speeds.

Truth be told its Marvel's fault. Marvel is the worst comic company for battles because there characters have no reboot to them. This in turn leads to 60+ years of inconsistent feats with said characters, thus hardcore fans cherry pick the best feats as the standard on this site, CBR, and Comicvine. I myself like to look at the average consistency of a character, and Thor is not that much higher tier than Omni Man, or Invincible by feats. Heck I own a great Namor comic where the Prince gives Thor a hell of a fight. Either way good fight however you side on. big grin

Old Post Aug 15th, 2014 05:30 PM
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Show me Thor consistently fighting at speeds Superman does or Flash please smile

Im not saying he is not Hulk strong (many times they near stalemate in physical battles, Hulk is hardly multi planet buster), and I see no reason for Thor to be out of Mark's class by a large margin due to the feats of Viltrumites in Image.

Im sorry I disagree with you to the point to just call me hater. I admit Thor is likely the stronger, and more durable. He has the advantage in powers through the hammer. Just that Mark can win straight fights due to speed and relative ball park strength and durability to cause damage or take the few occasional hits from Thor.

However I see its easier for you to just call me a hater rather than prove the fact that Thor can casually bust a planet on panel, or even show me he consistently out powers Hulk easy for that matter, or moves consistently at super speeds anywhere around Mark's level without the use of the hammer to propel him to travel speeds.

Truth be told its Marvel's fault. Marvel is the worst comic company for battles because there characters have no reboot to them. This in turn leads to 60+ years of inconsistent feats with said characters, thus hardcore fans cherry pick the best feats as the standard on this site, CBR, and Comicvine. I myself like to look at the average consistency of a character, and Thor is not that much higher tier than Omni Man, or Invincible by feats. Heck I own a great Namor comic where the Prince gives Thor a hell of a fight. Either way good fight however you side on. big grin

Let's pretend you've been working out and for some reason wanted to test your strength. Now you're friend has been really hitting the weights hard too. Like you he wanted to test his new muscles.

You find an abandoned mansion and let out you're frustration by pounding on it with a hammer a few times. The mansion crumbles. You a muscle man now.

Now your friend couldn't find a mansion, but instead found a large boulder made of uru. Other than the boulder of uru, there's nothing else to be found except a house next to the boulder and another house 100 yards away. He starts pounding the boulder with his hammer so hard the house next to it starts cracking in half and the house 100 yards away begins to have cracks along the exterior.

Now who displayed greater strength?

Last edited by celeyhyga17 on Aug 15th, 2014 at 06:10 PM

Old Post Aug 15th, 2014 05:56 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadenceV2
Formerly Sirfizzwhizz

Let's pretend you've been working out and for some reason wanted to test your strength. Now you're friend has been really hitting the weights hard too. Like you he wanted to test his new muscles.

You find an abandoned mansion and let out you're frustration by pounding on it with a hammer a few times. The mansion crumbles. You a muscle man now.

Now your friend couldn't find a mansion, but instead found a large boulder made of uru. Other than the boulder of uru, there's nothing else to be found except a house next to the boulder and another house 100 yards away. He starts pounding the boulder with his hammer so hard the house next to it starts cracking in half and the house 100 yards away begins to have cracks along the exterior.

That is a very good analogy, and I can understand that. Still would be inconsistent for Thor though to ever have physical problems with the likes of Savage/Merge Hulk (who strength is topped out at 150,000,000,000 tons in Savage Hulk days) or Wrecking crew who are all average 30 toners pre energy absorbing amps.

It is just inconsistent to half the weaker foes Thor fought and still fights, but never one shots them. If he pulled One Punch Man (the manga) where he one shot everyone then I be all over the idea. However his battles with other strong tier characters shows strength far inferior to whats being put into the recent Gorr arc.

Its about consistency, thats all I am saying. If we took his highest end feats as the only source, he should one shot most versions of Super Man. However if we took say Spider Man's best strength feat (beating Firelord to a pulp for instance) then Spider Man should beat Thor in a good fight. So this begs the question, what feats are consistent, and shown time and again as reliable?

Anyway, if we simply use his single hand full of high end showings, then he is more on Thanos level to be honest. Far superior to any herald of Galactus. Using consistent feats, Mark should have more than a slight chance to pull wins via stats and speed factor.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2014 06:25 PM
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

The planet shattering feat in GOT is so much better than a regular planet busting it hurts.

Think of it this way, how much more impressive would it be to knock someone out, by punching the wall next to them instead of hitting them.

Edit: saw godkillers post, I like it.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Last edited by Damborgson on Aug 15th, 2014 at 06:35 PM

Old Post Aug 15th, 2014 06:32 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eaebiakuya

I think you dont understand the feat where Thor almost destroy a moon and a planet with coletaral damage of his blows.

Before he did that, he tought the planet was empty, without anyone there, because if somene lived here, he would not hit with that strengh.

Then you ask why he dont one shot everyone ? Of course he dont hit with all his strengh in every single issue. There is a issue where he says he hold back with his hammer blows even against Hulk.

quote:
Anyway, if we simply use his single hand full of high end showings, then he is more on Thanos level to be honest. Far superior to any herald of Galactus. Using consistent feats, Mark should have more than a slight chance to pull wins via stats and speed factor.

Maybe you are not aware of high end feats of Surfer...

Thor level beings destroying planets is not a outlier in marvel. Many heralds level beings did that. There is no reason to it be inconsistent with Thor.

Last edited by eaebiakuya on Aug 15th, 2014 at 06:37 PM

Old Post Aug 15th, 2014 06:34 PM
eaebiakuya is currently offline Click here to Send eaebiakuya a Private Message Find more posts by eaebiakuya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enzeru

I myself like to look at the average consistency of a character, and Thor is not that much higher tier than Omni Man, or Invincible by feats.

In theory there is nothing wrong with that approach, but there are just so many problems with it, that it's not even funny anymore.

1. At first you have to take into consideration, that Invincible has been around for only a decade, while Thor has been around for quite a few decades longer and everything regarding Thor's canon existence is still canon... That alone is an advantage for Thor, who had more time to build up higher showings and he has. But he also has a lot of bad showings, which you can turn into a disadvantage for him, if you choose to.

3. To elaborate on the first point: By trying to judge Thor on a consistant standard, it's YOU, who is creating that consistant standard. It's not hard to assume that as a fan of Invincible, or any character, who goes up against Thor you'll set Thor's standard lower than it might be.

3. You also have to compare the two universes together. For example Marvel and DC... Marvel Earth does not have as many powerful durable bricks as DC has. Characters like Thor and Hulk are in the minority on Marvel Earth, which is why Thor gets dumbed down a lot, so that the much weaker characters wouldn't look all too useless next to him. In Image Invincible didn't really come across all too many people below his level.

All of that combined makes you look like an incredibly biased debater and I can tell you from experience, that it's not fun debating against someone, who comes up with the weirdest low showings of a character to make an argument for him losing.
If you really have to use that as a way of debating, then that already says everything about the chances the character you're defending has against the character you're lowballing. You know what I mean?

If we look at the highest showings Thor and Invincible had during the years, then it's crazy to assume that Thor is capable of killing all of the Viltrumites at once, because none of those can inflict more damage than a Viltrumite. And this is now not me lowballing the Image universe (which I love btw), but simply saying that their greatest feats don't even come close to his greatest feats. Yeah, they might have a fairly decent speed advantage, but his other attributes are so vastly above theirs that it's not even a debate anymore.

If you dislike that... then don't put Invincible up against a character like that. Put him against someone, who has less feats than Thor and is obviously a weaker character. Like Superman. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Heck I own a great Namor comic where the Prince gives Thor a hell of a fight.

I own a comic, where Thor one-shotted Namor - and if we compare all their feats, then it's pretty obvious that Thor is the more powerful character by far and should be able to do the same thing again.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2014 06:54 PM
Enzeru is currently offline Click here to Send Enzeru a Private Message Find more posts by Enzeru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

First appearance of Adam Warlock has Thor busting planets, and it's the only time he's had a reason to.

Neither Superman nor Flash fight consistently at Superman or Flash speeds.

Only Marvel character who's close to that is modern day Northstar, Makkari or Claremont Rogue.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2014 08:33 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Superman of course!

Old Post Aug 15th, 2014 08:41 PM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by Enzeru
If you dislike that... then don't put Invincible up against a character like that. Put him against someone, who has less feats than Thor and is obviously a weaker character. Like Superman. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I DON'T FIND THIS AMUSING!

mad

Old Post Aug 15th, 2014 08:46 PM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadenceV2
Formerly Sirfizzwhizz

Originally posted by krisblaze
First appearance of Adam Warlock has Thor busting planets, and it's the only time he's had a reason to.

Neither Superman nor Flash fight consistently at Superman or Flash speeds.

Only Marvel character who's close to that is modern day Northstar, Makkari or Claremont Rogue.

For the planet busting feat, is their a website with scans I can see this? I cannot turn up anything on google for any forum where someone posted this before.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2014 11:05 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Thor was chasing Hermes on a chariot IIRC. Before that he was explicitly unable to hit Hermes. And he was explicitly slower than Monica, who couldn't see him earlier due to "only gods can see him".

Old Post Aug 16th, 2014 03:43 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Thor can break planets, as has been shown on-panel in most recent canon.thumb up

Thor is capable of fighting even while being hurled forth into space at ftl speeds. Also part of recent canon.thumb up

This is Young Thor as portrayed in Jason Aaron's run, so why exactly are you bothering to debate regular Thor is beyond me.

Mark got raped by a female Viltrumite. And I am not using the casual KMC usage of the term "rape" to denote physical ownage, I am talking about literal sexual violation of his person after he got physically dominated by the female. And that female wasn't even a royal like Mark's father, but rather a soldier. laughing out loud

Since you don't have anything else to add to this discussion apart from derailing it to dismissing every Thor feat for mainstream Thor, I'm not going to bother entertaining anymore of your nonsense regarding this topic.smile

Old Post Aug 16th, 2014 08:54 AM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

For the planet busting feat, is their a website with scans I can see this? I cannot turn up anything on google for any forum where someone posted this before.

Btw, who's your favorite character?

Old Post Aug 16th, 2014 11:59 AM
CadenceV2
Formerly Sirfizzwhizz

Thor can break planets, as has been shown on-panel in most recent canon.thumb up

Thor is capable of fighting even while being hurled forth into space at ftl speeds. Also part of recent canon.thumb up

This is Young Thor as portrayed in Jason Aaron's run, so why exactly are you bothering to debate regular Thor is beyond me.

Mark got raped by a female Viltrumite. And I am not using the casual KMC usage of the term "rape" to denote physical ownage, I am talking about literal sexual violation of his person after he got physically dominated by the female. And that female wasn't even a royal like Mark's father, but rather a soldier. laughing out loud

Since you don't have anything else to add to this discussion apart from derailing it to dismissing every Thor feat for mainstream Thor, I'm not going to bother entertaining anymore of your nonsense regarding this topic.smile

I admit, most of my comic reading on him is Classic and Arrons run. I just never seen or seen anyone post a on panel planet bust for Thor.

Moving at Lightspeeds while fighting at normal speed is not the same as moving at light speeds while throwing attacks at light speed.

Yes, Mark was raped by a well known female viltrumite who is close to Omni Man in feats and position during the Viltrumite War. She was a very powerful Viltrumite already in the series, and Mark looked to let her rape him to me. He had a issues with being away from Atom Eve after being stuck in the alternate dimension, and seem to put up no fight against her like he did in the previous Viltrumite War arc. Seems he just let it happen after a brief struggle. She even comments how he says no, but his dong arose to salute her smile anyway its a very weird shock event that seem thrown in and not well thought out. After all he beaten her in the Viltrumite War many comics earlier.

Im sorry, I seem to admit Thor is still the stronger, and more durable by average consistent feats, just that not to the level where a speed blitzing Mark cannot pull wins. But whateves smile

Btw, who's your favorite character?

Depends on my mood. Mostly I find Ultimate Spider Man (Peter), Spawn, Invincible, Ghost Rider, Godzilla, or Luther Strode. Right now I am feeling Godzilla.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2014 12:41 PM
krisblaze

^Moving at Lightspeeds while fighting at normal speed is not the same as moving at light speeds while throwing attacks at light speed.

You'll never see a feat where someone is explicitly stated to throw punches at lightspeed, and not just move at lightspeed...

Thor chasing and catching Hermes (whom the others could not see because they did not have light-speed reactions) is the closest you'll come.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Aug 16th, 2014 12:46 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

That female Viltrumite broke Allen's arm, and seemed to be doing most of the damage to Thragg. I bet she's stronger then Omni, and second only to Thragg.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2014 03:24 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote