KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Stars & Celebrities » RIP Robin Williams

RIP Robin Williams
Started by: Robtard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 4 5 [6]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Still miss you man

In order for any life to matter, we all have to matter

Old Post Dec 1st, 2015 03:34 PM
Time-Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I liked him as an actor, but I also think suicide is an incredibly selfish act and nobody wants to seem to talk about it.

Well it's been a year, so I will say it: suicide is a shitty thing to do. You leave people behind, you leave people wondering what they could of done differently, what they could of said differently, you leave people blaming themselves for not seeing it sooner.

I will never give condolences to a person who took their own life. Not when there are so many people out there who were robbed of a life and yet you have people throwing their own lives away. Maybe I'm just this way because I've known people who had killed themselves, but it just pisses me off to even think about it.

So to Lewis Black: what Rush said was cruel. But you know what? It is nowhere near as cruel as what Robin did to his own family. But that isn't the type of truth people like to hear.

Last edited by Surtur on Dec 4th, 2015 at 06:43 PM

Old Post Dec 4th, 2015 06:39 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
I liked him as an actor, but I also think suicide is an incredibly selfish act and nobody wants to seem to talk about it.

Well it's been a year, so I will say it: suicide is a shitty thing to do. You leave people behind, you leave people wondering what they could of done differently, what they could of said differently, you leave people blaming themselves for not seeing it sooner.

I will never give condolences to a person who took their own life. Not when there are so many people out there who were robbed of a life and yet you have people throwing their own lives away. Maybe I'm just this way because I've known people who had killed themselves, but it just pisses me off to even think about it.

So to Lewis Black: what Rush said was cruel. But you know what? It is nowhere near as cruel as what Robin did to his own family. But that isn't the type of truth people like to hear.
Agree completely. There are always ways of dealing with depression.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Dec 4th, 2015 10:30 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

And, this is gonna sound even more ****ed up, but I'm saying it.

What does he have to be depressed about? He had a loving family, friends, lots of money, a big house, and extravagant lifestyle.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2015 10:31 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

He was diagnosed with Lewy Body Dementia and parkinson ..How is it selfish to go out the way you want, instead of forgetting everything and everyone you know and twitching your way into the grave?

Old Post Dec 4th, 2015 10:36 PM
Time-Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
He was diagnosed with Lewy Body Dementia and parkinson ..How is it selfish to go out the way you want, instead of forgetting everything and everyone you know and twitching your way into the grave?
Because thats not why he did it.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2015 10:42 PM
The Ecks
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Because thats not why he did it.

thumb up agreed

Old Post Dec 5th, 2015 04:13 AM
The Ecks is currently offline Click here to Send The Ecks a Private Message Find more posts by The Ecks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

I disagree

Old Post Dec 5th, 2015 05:13 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's still selfish because you know what? If you want to die because of a god damn disease then you give your family a chance to say goodbye at least. You don't just off yourself.

Should everyone out there with these diseases just kill themselves then? Guess we never will get anymore Back to the Future films then, see ya Mikey.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2015 03:33 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

Originally posted by Jmanghan
And, this is gonna sound even more ****ed up, but I'm saying it.

What does he have to be depressed about? He had a loving family, friends, lots of money, a big house, and extravagant lifestyle.
So naïve it hurts. Get learned, son. Depression and suicidal depression aren't even necessarily caused by anything. They're just there. The suicidal urges just take you over, and it happens. Chances are he died feeling terrible for what he was doing, but he just couldn't take it anymore.

That being said, I still reckon the last thing a suicidal person thinks about just before they die is how they wish they hadn't done it.

http://www.businessinsider.com/many...ion-2014-8?IR=T

It's an impulse, and when it happens, it happens. Stop blaming these people. Plenty of people are talking about suicide, Surtur – just because they aren't discussing your somewhat ill-informed and reactionary view on it, doesn't mean it isn't being discussed.

And yes, I have known people who have killed themselves, and been close to people who have lost friends and relatives to suicide. I've seen how it affects people. But I also know what it's like to want to end it, and have got close to it before, even knowing it would absolutely ruin my parents (especially considering I'm an only child). Don't think badly of those who kill themselves. It's not a 'live or die' choice to them. It's an impulse that gets the better of them, and it's really, really sad, because I'm sure a lot of these people actually do want to live. But retroactive anger at those who do it isn't going to solve anything.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2015 08:03 PM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Time-Immemorial

Also wait aren't you a Christian? So doesn't that mean you believe Robin will be going to hell for taking his own life? Or..wherever the suicidal people end up? Since I'm pretty sure it is not heaven.

Also now rewatching the movie "What Dreams May Come" is going to be all kinds of eerie.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2015 10:02 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Old Post Dec 6th, 2015 06:19 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Also wait aren't you a Christian? So doesn't that mean you believe Robin will be going to hell for taking his own life? Or..wherever the suicidal people end up? Since I'm pretty sure it is not heaven.

Also now rewatching the movie "What Dreams May Come" is going to be all kinds of eerie.

It never says anywhere in the bible you are going to hell for suicide.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2015 06:28 PM