KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Bloodborne

Bloodborne
Started by: Zack Fair

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Badabing
Karen

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nemesis X
You just gotta trick him into falling off one of the ledges when he charges. If you needed to scavenge something off him, you're gonna have to go back to the Hunter's Dream and then go back to Old Yharnam. The guy will not spawn back (thank god) but whatever he had will reappear back at the top of the tower.

edit - Oh, right, it's one of those hunter badges. Had to check my inventory.
Thanks man. I'll give it a try. I don't like cheesing in my first play through, but I don't feel like grinding to level up just to beat an NPC. thumb up

To any fans of the Souls series: What do you think of Bloodborne?

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Mar 28th, 2015 02:50 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

It wasn't even my intention for that to happen mind you

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Mar 28th, 2015 at 03:33 AM

Old Post Mar 28th, 2015 03:29 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Hype too strong. Just picked up a PS4 and Bloodborne...

Old Post Mar 28th, 2015 03:29 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

It wasn't even my intention for that to happen mind you
I got a critical on that guy, did 238 damage, and it barely brought his health down. So I cheesed him off the tower ftw. thumb up

Now I'm trying to figure out where to go.
Originally posted by ares834
Hype too strong. Just picked up a PS4 and Bloodborne...
Join the club. thumb up

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Mar 28th, 2015 04:33 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Smasandian
I wasn't really interested in this game for various reasons. The main one is that I get frustrated fairly easy.

I have no problems playing tough games if they are fair. For instance, I enjoyed playing Super Meat Boy when it came out while I died a lot I never got annoyed with it. On the other hand, I get really annoyed when games are cheap and difficult through cheap reasons.

From what I gathered, the game is very hard but fair. The one negative is the extremely long load times (from reviews) and that would put a damper on my enjoyment. I don't mind dying if its quick and painless to reload.

So in the end,

1. Is the game cheap? Or something like Super Meat Boy where once you get a hang of it, it's gets much easier?

2. When death does occur, is it painless to reload or do you have replay long sections again?

I don't know, rogue likes are all about cheap deaths. Rather enjoyed FTL, for all 800 cheap deaths it threw at me. smile

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2015 04:48 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

I tried my brother's copy last night, and I enjoyed the Souls series. I don't think this is my cup o' tea though. This game felt a little easy for some reason. The fifty billion blood vials and the health regain system is very forgiving. I don't mind the idea of an offensive melee based system, but the combat just got boring and the enemies are idiots.

Definitely made me long for some magic to spice things up. The axe is totally badass though.

Last edited by StyleTime on Mar 28th, 2015 at 04:00 PM

Old Post Mar 28th, 2015 03:57 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Badabing
Thanks man. I'll give it a try. I don't like cheesing in my first play through, but I don't feel like grinding to level up just to beat an NPC. thumb up

You don't even have to trick him to fall off either. The second you get up to the rooftop, get right up to him while he's still close to his minigun at the edge. Then just melee him a few times till he falls off. Super easy

PWNT

Old Post Mar 29th, 2015 07:16 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

PVP is bullcrap. I invade a world and the hunter I'm chasing has a co-op partner. Most I've been fighting have co-op partners and they keep interrupting our duels. It's very unsporting.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2015 02:54 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gehenna
Sorgo

Originally posted by Badabing

As someone who has played every Souls title quite thoroughly, I think Bloodborne is definitely From's magnum opus. It's amazing. Truly. It's great if you love a genuine challenge and is even better if you love Souls games. Also, it's atmosphere and environment? Stunning.

It lands on my top ten all-time list with utter ease.

It's not a game that's for everyone, particularly due to From's games being notoriously difficult. However, you can learn and you will get better as you play. No game feels more rewarding when overcoming bosses.

quote:
The Destiny reference is for repeated missions, same gameplay, wander around, kill things, boss fight, level up, repeat.

Your complaint is that you wander around (so movement, basically), "kill things", boss fights are there, and leveling?

I don't understand. These complaints seem desperate and completely lacking and bear no reasonable criticisms. These are features in nearly every game ever. Seriously, boss fights? Killing? Come on now.

Also, this game plays a lot like a Souls game (Except everything is better somehow). Destiny came well after those titles. The comparison is completely off.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2015 06:54 PM
Gehenna is currently offline Click here to Send Gehenna a Private Message Find more posts by Gehenna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGoldenSpy

For me, this is the greatest game on the ps4 period. And it may take a place in my top 10 favorite games of all time. And I've player ALOT of games.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2015 09:11 PM
TheGoldenSpy is currently offline Click here to Send TheGoldenSpy a Private Message Find more posts by TheGoldenSpy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I'm so pissed I can't play this myself. sad

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2015 09:40 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rezactic
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2015 02:20 AM
Rezactic is currently offline Click here to Send Rezactic a Private Message Find more posts by Rezactic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

im buying this soon, how many levels are there

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2015 05:03 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

There are no levels. Bloodborne is open world.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Apr 3rd, 2015 at 05:23 AM

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2015 05:18 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Anyone know where to go after killing the Witch of Hemwick? I am completely stuck wandering the same areas with no idea where to head next.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2015 05:03 AM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I just got this game and despite being terrible at it, and never having played a Souls game before, and not really knowing what the hell I'm doing, I'm having fun.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2015 05:48 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Sounds like the first time I did anal. thumb up

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Apr 13th, 2015 05:52 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Anyone know where to go after killing the Witch of Hemwick? I am completely stuck wandering the same areas with no idea where to head next.

Have you killed Vicar Amelia yet? If so, head back to the cathedral ward, go to the left exit heading out, go up the steps where you use that 10k thing you buy to open the gate, then turn right thru the two giants in that rotunda, you'll see a door which requires a codeword (you get it from the Vicar Amelia boss area). This will lead you to the forbidden forest.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2015 08:53 AM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

I got the platinum trophy for it and I think I'm done with the game for a while. Hell, I could have gotten the Platinum trophy over a week ago but the Chalice Dungeons completely turned me off the game. Actually could have gotten it a couple weeks ago but I took a break after beating it.

It's not even about the dungeons being so boring looking either (though that's a factor), it was about having to do others ones just so I could get material. The Red Jelly really pissed me off. As did having to grind out ritual blood 5 after getting the Red Jelly.

Other than that the game was good. NGplus is easy as shit. New Game was hard via being different than Souls.
I only got invaded 3 times in my playthroughs. Won all three even though I sucked at Dark Souls pvp really badly. Only summoned twice. The first time at Vicar Amelia because I was so lost, and the second time I summoned on the second last boss in New Game Plus because I got invaded and he came like 5 minutes after I won and reached the end of the "level"
So, pvp is a bust. And it's not like I didn't try to summon either. Especially in the Chalice Dungeons, but it just didn't happen.

Basically, if you want to keep your enjoyment of the game up, don't do the Chalice Dungeons. They're a huge chore, the grinding after getting a chalice for materials blows, and the bosses are really cheap. Almost "the Hunter in the Church" level of cheap. Plus Defiled cuts your life in half which isn't as bad as it sounds, but still gay.

Last edited by One Big Mob on Apr 22nd, 2015 at 08:53 AM

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2015 08:50 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I noticed the load times are a lot shorter in the latest patch. I can get back on this game finally without waiting long enough to get bored.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2015 10:54 AM