KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » The Inhumans

The Inhumans
Started by: BruceSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Yep, Marvel's never going after Spider-Man or the X-Men. They don't need to. Black Panther will play the role of Spider-Man in the MCU, and Inhumans will be their X-Men.

And we all know the Black Panther and Inhuman movies they make are going to be so much better than Sony's Spider-Man and Fox's X-Men anyway. To be fair though Fox's X-Men has got pretty awesome now, but I don't trust them to keep that quality up indefinitely.

I have a feeling Apocalypse will be awesome

Old Post Oct 30th, 2014 02:12 AM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Yep, Marvel's never going after Spider-Man or the X-Men. They don't need to. Black Panther will play the role of Spider-Man in the MCU, and Inhumans will be their X-Men.

How is Black Panther going to be MCU's Spider-man? The two aren't similar at all.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2014 02:23 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ares834
How is Black Panther going to be MCU's Spider-man? The two aren't similar at all.

Cap and Iron Man will fight to get Black Panther on their side

Old Post Oct 30th, 2014 03:50 AM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Has that been confirmed?

Old Post Oct 30th, 2014 03:55 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

It was a major part of the press conference

"Who's side are you on?"

I'm not Joking, Boy
Ignore list: Abhi for the sake of the forum.
53>6.6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMfDmX86o
My YouTube

Old Post Oct 30th, 2014 04:57 AM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Yep. That was made clear.

Plus in terms of abilities I'm guessing BP will be their guy who you see doing all the amazing acrobatics, clinging to walls and jumping across rooftops. Can't wait to see their special effects for that.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2014 06:07 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by pym-ftw
It was a major part of the press conference

"Who's side are you on?"

Well of course. Still doesn't mean BP will be like Spider-Man and defect from Stark and join Cap which is what I thought firefly was getting at.

I didn't watch the press conference bough, so perhaps I am missing so,etching more. But ultimately, I've seen nothing to suggest BP is taking Spider-Man's role in anyway.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2014 06:17 AM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

This was mentioned earlier, and I agree: I think Vin would be better as Gorgon than Black Bolt. While he certainly has the physique for BB (though these days, the way they buff up male actors, seems everyone does), there's something about Vin's chin in profile (I noticed this watching "Riddick", which I thought was great), that just does Not strike me as kingly. Sometimes his chin seems almost...pudgy.

No part of Black Bolt should be pudgy.

I wouldn't mind seeing Dwayne Johnson as Black Bolt. He can consider it after Namor, or after Black Adam...

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 12:41 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Tom Hardy would be a great blackbolt

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 03:21 PM
WhiteWitchKing

No, I think this pic proves Vin Diesel is the best choice.

(please log in to view the image)

That aside, this is a fight that needs to take place.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 04:59 PM
WhiteWitchKing is currently offline Click here to Send WhiteWitchKing a Private Message Find more posts by WhiteWitchKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Vin Diesel may be a little too old to start playing a superhero now. Groot is mostly just voice work.

He'll be 51 years old when the first Inhumans movie comes out. As great a fit he is, there are other choices that could work equally as well.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 05:57 PM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

How bout ... Affleck Bolt? Like the Rock, he's got a stronger looking chin than Vin. And Boltagar should be at least in his upper 30s, methinks.

Plus Dwayne is good at glaring. So is Hardy, iirc. Whoever it is, the actor's gonna have to communicate well via his eyes ... unless movie Black Bolt texts.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 08:31 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

... Rock & Affleck are doing Dc movies...

Marvel isn't bringing them in

I'm not Joking, Boy
Ignore list: Abhi for the sake of the forum.
53>6.6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMfDmX86o
My YouTube

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 11:41 PM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Plus Tom Hardy is in heavy talks to be in the Suicide Squad movie. He would be an awesome Deadshot/Deathstroke.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 11:45 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Golgo13
Plus Tom Hardy is in heavy talks to be in the Suicide Squad movie. He would be an awesome Deadshot/Deathstroke.

True, but he could always abandon DC to be part of the superior MCU big grin

Old Post Nov 16th, 2014 12:09 AM
Senor Cage

The DCCU could very well be on par. Supposedly a lot of talent are willing to work with Ayer, so Suicide Squad should be a hit. Not Superman, Iron Man hit, but it should do more than the Incredible Hulk. stick out tongue

Old Post Nov 16th, 2014 12:21 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

The DCCU could very well be on par. Supposedly a lot of talent are willing to work with Ayer, so Suicide Squad should be a hit. Not Superman, Iron Man hit, but it should do more than the Incredible Hulk. stick out tongue

I fully expect Suicide Squad to be good. Tom Hardy playing both Bane and Deathstroke would be a little awkward though. I say give Sean Bean the role of deathstroke and let Hardy play blackbolt

Old Post Nov 16th, 2014 12:37 AM
Senor Cage

Originally posted by Firefly218
I fully expect Suicide Squad to be good. Tom Hardy playing both Bane and Deathstroke would be a little awkward though. I say give Sean Bean the role of deathstroke and let Hardy play blackbolt

I'd be surprised to see Hardy return to another WB/DC project. Sounds too good to be true. Just like Will Smith. And it's not even confirmed what role he will do. Some reports have Smith playing Captain Boomerang, FFS.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2014 01:07 AM
Darth Thor

It's needs to do much much better than TIH.

WB has a habit of overspending on these movies(they already are with the plan of having 5 A-Listers), and then spending even more on marketing. So TIH type numbers won't even make its money back.

Plus TIH numbers isn't much at all these days with all the 2d and 3d inflation over the past 6 years. And TIH is literally the lowest grossing box office Marvel studios had ever earned with any of its movies, and that happened at the time it wasn't an established brand.

IMHO both Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman need to make $400+ world wide and have a general positive reaction from movie fans, for DC to even begin following in Marvel's foot steps.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2014 02:45 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

It's needs to do much much better than TIH.

WB has a habit of overspending on these movies(they already are with the plan of having 5 A-Listers), and then spending even more on marketing. So TIH type numbers won't even make its money back.

Plus TIH numbers isn't much at all these days with all the 2d and 3d inflation over the past 6 years. And TIH is literally the lowest grossing box office Marvel studios had ever earned with any of its movies, and that happened at the time it wasn't an established brand.

IMHO both Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman need to make $400+ world wide and have a general positive reaction from movie fans, for DC to even begin following in Marvel's foot steps.

Not really. All it needs to do is turn a profit, which will make it successful. It doesn't need to do any crazy numbers. Especially for the type of characters and story it puts forth.

WB usually doesn't spend too much, which is why they are routinely the number one studio year in and year out, however, I'm not entirely sure about this year. There was an article about this, too. WB spends smart on AVERAGE.

Also, it depends on the budget, of course.

If it can make more TIH, then that's another DC/WB movie that will make more than Marvel studios. MOS (First in the DCCU) already made more than most Marvel films and it had strict competition.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2014 03:51 AM