KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » The Inhumans

The Inhumans
Started by: BruceSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

It also depends on the rating as well. If it's rated R and does TIH numbers that's a success in my book.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2014 03:53 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Golgo13
It also depends on the rating as well. If it's rated R and does TIH numbers that's a success in my book.

You do realize TIH numbers weren't good right?

Old Post Nov 16th, 2014 06:27 AM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by Firefly218
You do realize TIH numbers weren't good right?

Well, duh. All I'm saying is that Suicide Squad isn't going to be all ages (and shouldn't), which will hinder it to making big bucks, especially if it's a rated R. Even if it's PG 13, kids won't flock to this. So making 200-300 million will be a big win, IMO.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2014 06:33 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I don't see the point in having Inhumans rated R.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2014 06:45 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by Kazenji
I don't see the point in having Inhumans rated R.

Suicide Squad, not Inhumans.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2014 06:46 AM
WhiteWitchKing

Not really. All it needs to do is turn a profit, which will make it successful. It doesn't need to do any crazy numbers. Especially for the type of characters and story it puts forth.

WB usually doesn't spend too much, which is why they are routinely the number one studio year in and year out, however, I'm not entirely sure about this year. There was an article about this, too. WB spends smart on AVERAGE.

Also, it depends on the budget, of course.

If it can make more TIH, then that's another DC/WB movie that will make more than Marvel studios. MOS (First in the DCCU) already made more than most Marvel films and it had strict competition.

TIH was mediocre in terms of successful Marvel. That's why it's barely acknowledge. Doing TIH numbers isn't that good unless WB can keep marketing and production cost down. This thing will have to do way better than TIH. It won't be Rated R. WB needs as big an audience as possible to make this a success and expand their universe. No way will this be Rated R.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2014 07:41 AM
WhiteWitchKing is currently offline Click here to Send WhiteWitchKing a Private Message Find more posts by WhiteWitchKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Suicide Squad, not Inhumans.

Uhh...this is the Inhumans thread or am i missing something.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2014 07:47 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
TIH was mediocre in terms of successful Marvel. That's why it's barely acknowledge. Doing TIH numbers isn't that good unless WB can keep marketing and production cost down. This thing will have to do way better than TIH. It won't be Rated R. WB needs as big an audience as possible to make this a success and expand their universe. No way will this be Rated R.

It all depends on how they market the movie, but Suicide Squad isn't kid friendly. GOTG was kid friendly. It was huge. If the production budget is low AND it makes 200-300 Million, then yes, it's a hit. We don't even know what the budget is, so it's impossible to say now.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2014 08:17 AM
Darth Thor

Not really. All it needs to do is turn a profit, which will make it successful. It doesn't need to do any crazy numbers. Especially for the type of characters and story it puts forth.

WB usually doesn't spend too much, which is why they are routinely the number one studio year in and year out, however, I'm not entirely sure about this year. There was an article about this, too. WB spends smart on AVERAGE.

Also, it depends on the budget, of course.

They do overspend on their Dc properties. Look at the ridiculous budget they spent on such a risky property like Green Lantern. That wasn't far off from the Avengers budget!

They will need to make 400m+ww to make a profit considering their history of overspending on budget and marketing. I mean just the 5 A list actors alone are going to cost money. That kind of figure would also be required to even start competition with Marvel studios who have not had any movies grossing below $600mill ww in Phase 2. And my guess would be that nothing they do grosses below $700mill ww in Phase 3.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2014 01:04 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Back on topic I think Inhumans will be Marvel Studios next Massive Franchise.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2014 01:06 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Back on topic I think Inhumans will be Marvel Studios next Massive Franchise.

The next massive franchise will be antman big grin

Hey, it's possible

Old Post Nov 16th, 2014 04:07 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Firefly218
The next massive franchise will be antman big grin

Hey, it's possible

That will be the next "Big" franchise. I just think Inhumans will be bigger.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2014 05:06 PM
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

That will be the next "Big" franchise. I just think Inhumans will be bigger.

Sure, I know what you mean.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2014 06:06 PM
Senor Cage

They do overspend on their Dc properties. Look at the ridiculous budget they spent on such a risky property like Green Lantern. That wasn't far off from the Avengers budget!

They will need to make 400m+ww to make a profit considering their history of overspending on budget and marketing. I mean just the 5 A list actors alone are going to cost money. That kind of figure would also be required to even start competition with Marvel studios who have not had any movies grossing below $600mill ww in Phase 2. And my guess would be that nothing they do grosses below $700mill ww in Phase 3.

That was one movie, dude. No studio is perfect. I said on average. WB does more than super hero movies. All Suicide Squad needs to do is turn a profit to green light a sequel.

What other DC movies overspent?

Old Post Nov 16th, 2014 07:16 PM
Darth Thor

What other DC movies overspent?

Superman Returns.

GL and SR are enough examples considering aside from Batman, there's not been much else in terms of big budget DC movies.

But on new properties they really shouldn't spend more than $150mill. And then not go crazy on the marketing budget either. Then all it would need is something like $300mill+WW to break even.

Edit- Whilst a big name like Wonder Woman needs good fan reaction and $400mill+WW. Because honestly if they can't make a big hit out of WW then what's the point in their whole slate?

Last edited by Darth Thor on Nov 16th, 2014 at 07:32 PM

Old Post Nov 16th, 2014 07:29 PM
Senor Cage

Superman Returns.

GL and SR are enough examples considering aside from Batman, there's not been much else in terms of big budget DC movies.

But on new properties they really shouldn't spend more than $150mill. And then not go crazy on the marketing budget either. Then all it would need is something like $300mill+WW to break even.

Edit- Whilst a big name like Wonder Woman needs good fan reaction and $400mill+WW. Because honestly if they can't make a big hit out of WW then what's the point in their whole slate?

Big name super heroes are known to have high budgets, though. It's expected. Just look at what Sony has done with Spider-Man in the past. 200 plus budget. Every studio markets the hell out of them. As long as they turn a profit (and they usually do), then it's ok. Both TDK and TDKR made 1billion plus and we're not even counting DVD sales.

I doubt Suicide Squad's budget is going to be 200 plus, but if it does, that's crazy.

Guardians and Cap's budget was 170 million each. SS should be below that.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2014 07:37 PM
Senor Cage

Superman Returns.

I agree with Wonder Woman, though. But I can easily see WW being more than 400 Million. If done right, she can easily do Thor numbers. If WW gets around 450 Million her first movie, that will be a success.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2014 07:39 PM
Darth Thor

Actually Sam Ramai's first Spider-Man and Batman Begins had budgets of around $140mill and $150mill. And those are big names as well. And the first X-Men only had a budget of $77mill!

Once they knew they were making money they put more money into the sequels.

GOTG could afford a big budget because Marvel studios have made so much profit from other movies.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2014 12:00 AM
Senor Cage

Actually Sam Ramai's first Spider-Man and Batman Begins had budgets of around $140mill and $150mill. And those are big names as well. And the first X-Men only had a budget of $77mill!

Once they knew they were making money they put more money into the sequels.

GOTG could afford a big budget because Marvel studios have made so much profit from other movies.

That's exactly what happened in the Nolan film as well, so they didn't really overspend. Crappy ones like Jonah wasn't a bloated budget, either so really the only ones that were was Green Lantern and Superman Returns.

Who knows what the budget will be like with suicide squad. I doubt they'll spend as much as Green Lantern.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2014 12:56 AM
WhiteWitchKing

Man of Steel's budget is $225 million while Avengers was $220 million. Christ, DC probably spent most of that money in the depiction of Earth and Metropolis being destroyed. They could have save tens of millions by cutting down half of that destruction and likely still would have had epic battles that satisfied fans.

DC should look for talent that fits the role and not 5 A-list stars. Marvel picks B-list actors from the start and groom them to stardom. B-talents and unknowns are gold mines; you get talents at a discount.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2014 05:07 AM
WhiteWitchKing is currently offline Click here to Send WhiteWitchKing a Private Message Find more posts by WhiteWitchKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote