KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Silent Hills

Silent Hills
Started by: Zack Fair

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Silent Hill(title pending)

Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro's new

(please log in to view the image)

Color me excited. About time Konami gave Hideo something else to do.

http://kotaku.com/hideo-kojima-and-...-sil-1620434191

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Aug 12th, 2014 10:57 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

Holy shit, this drops every other game coming out to dead 0! My all time favorite horror game series is getting a sequel! BY KOJIMA! This is one of the only video game reveals along with MGS5 that had me grinning like an idiot when I saw it. Thank you for posting this.

Also, it doesn't look like it's untitled. Silent Hill S? What a strange name. It's not a roman numeral or any kind of numbering scheme I've seen.

Anyway, I'm waaaaay overdue for a trip back here.

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Aug 12th, 2014 at 11:09 PM

Old Post Aug 12th, 2014 11:07 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

yah I didn't notice the S! LoL. Was too hasty to post this xD

Could be a reference to multiple/parallel/alternate/whatyouhave Silent Hills

Old Post Aug 12th, 2014 11:09 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

The main character!

I just saw the trailer too. Its him walking down the streets of Silent Hill. I'll try to find it and post it.

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Aug 12th, 2014 at 11:28 PM

Old Post Aug 12th, 2014 11:23 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Oh shit so we're going to play as Daryll too?! HOLY SHIT man.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2014 11:26 PM
Arachnid1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Oh shit so we're going to play as Daryll too?! HOLY SHIT man.
Right? Holy shit dude. I'm so ****ing excited for this now.

I'm hoping Kojima incorporates stealth into it too. A horror game built completely around stealth has the potential to be terrifying.

PWNT

Old Post Aug 12th, 2014 11:32 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by Arachnid1
Right? Holy shit dude. I'm so ****ing excited for this now.

I'm hoping Kojima incorporates stealth into it too. A horror game built completely around stealth has the potential to be terrifying.
Exactly!

3 big names. I'm super excited. I don't want this to be an exclusive at all. I want this game to bomb everything and that everyone can play it.

Survival Horror Stealth can be great and it does so much to build atmosphere: case in point the Last of Us does a fine good job with it.

Shit...I'm trying not to get too hyped. So long as Kojima doesn't go overboard with cutscenes I'm ALL IN.

Last edited by Zack Fair on Aug 12th, 2014 at 11:41 PM

Old Post Aug 12th, 2014 11:37 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Sweet!

Old Post Aug 12th, 2014 11:43 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Survival Horror Stealth can be great and it does so much to build atmosphere: case in point the Last of Us does a fine good job with it.

Don't forget Outlast. That had good stealth in a tense atmosphere also.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2014 12:02 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Exactly!

3 big names. I'm super excited. I don't want this to be an exclusive at all. I want this game to bomb everything and that everyone can play it.

Shit...I'm trying not to get too hyped. So long as Kojima doesn't go overboard with cutscenes I'm ALL IN.
Dude, this is the Silent Hill game to save Silent Hill. I'm letting myself get swept away in a flood of hype. Sorry The Evil Within. Sorry Alien: Isolation. Sorry Resident Evil 7. Step aside, the KING of horror gaming has returned.

PWNT

Old Post Aug 13th, 2014 12:04 AM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Don't forget Outlast. That had good stealth in a tense atmosphere also.
Oh yeah Outlast too. As a matter of fact I think it fits the original Silent Hill even more. I just haven't finished my PC copy of the game, so i didn't want to talk about a game I haven't finished

Old Post Aug 13th, 2014 12:05 AM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by Arachnid1
Dude, this is the Silent Hill game to save Silent Hill. I'm letting myself get swept away in a flood of hype. Sorry The Evil Within. Sorry Alien: Isolation. Sorry Resident Evil 7. Step aside, the KING of horror gaming has returned.
Oh I can live with that. I'm Mr. Hype myself lol. TBH I haven't played a Silent Hill game since 3, and I have never finished one, but that never was because I didn't like the games. On the contrary most of the time it was cause I was a pussy ass xD. The games kind of stopped interesting me after 3 though. This is awesome news. My favorite developer teaming up with Del Toro(I think this 2 guys working together is going to be an amazing thing for games in general) and Norman being the protagonist just makes it all the better.

Thats it. I'm officially jumping the hype train to the sun.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2014 12:13 AM
Arachnid1

So... a lot of people think this is gonna be PS4 exclusive, to mirror the Tomb Raider game being XB1 exclusive.

Silent Hill>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Tomb Raider

Not a fair trade off lol. If it is, I'm buying a PS4.

PWNT

Old Post Aug 13th, 2014 12:20 AM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Wish it wasn't exclusive tbh. Looks like positive/vengeful thinking from fanboys.

Wouldn't surprise me though. Kojima prefers Sony...big time.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2014 12:25 AM
Arachnid1

So, I've been watching the fake demo they released to announce this game. It looks like they wont be leaving puzzles behind, although I'm hoping they get more complex in the game. The ambient noises and atmosphere feel good. Hopfeully, they carry that over and improve upon it.

PWNT

Old Post Aug 13th, 2014 01:07 AM
Arachnid1

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Aug 13th, 2014 at 01:42 AM

Old Post Aug 13th, 2014 01:39 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Oh god please tell me the final boss will be a demonic Michael Rooker.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2014 01:46 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Old Post Aug 13th, 2014 01:51 AM
Arachnid1

So, I've been thinking...

Silent Hill is getting a new, amazing sequel. Fatal Frame is getting a new amazing sequel. Resident Evil is getting a new (hopefully) amazing sequel. Resident Evil 1 is being remade/ported for next gen. The original creator of Resident Evil is coming out with a new, amazing IP called the Evil Within. Aliens are being brought back to their former horror glory in an amazing first person stealth horror game. Routine is another big first person horror game coming out. We've also got Dying Light coming, if you count that as a horror game.

It's a good time to be a horror game fan. My all time favorite game genre is being revived big time, and all the old IPs are making big comebacks with new IPs right on their tails.

Also, if this page is to believed, Sony Computer Entertainment is one of the publishers for this game. That means this will be for sure a PS4 exclusive. Looks like I'm buying a PS4, though I'm gonna wait for confirmation.
http://www.ign.com/games/silent-hills/ps4-20022958

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Aug 13th, 2014 at 02:09 AM

Old Post Aug 13th, 2014 02:07 AM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I hope so, although you used the word amazing too much lol.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2014 02:53 AM