KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Vader and Count Dooku vs. Mace Windu and Anakin ROTS

Darth Vader and Count Dooku vs. Mace Windu and Anakin ROTS
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sinious
Yo Da Best

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
No way is Dooku bottom of that list.

Anakin has the most raw power, but is also the most inexperienced and Inconsistent, which is why he's lose a majority against any of the other 3.

Out of the other 3, Windu has the best powerset to fight Sidious, and is the only one capable of competing against the most powerful sith lord. But that doesn't put him above the other 2. And it's not the all and end all. If it was Maul would not be capable of engaging Mace, let alone Mace and Aayla Secura.

Windu and Dooku have actually been named as equals by countless sources.

Well there is a constant inaccuracy in Star Wars power levels. They literally perform differently in every single fight. Yet Anakin has dominated Count Dooku in ROTS so I don't think Anakin's style being Dooku's kryptonite thing is enough to justify his loss. Windu is the second most powerful jedi of the order during ROTS and GL himself stated that you have to be Windu's or Yoda's level to keep up with Sidious in a duel. Since it is clear that there is a gap of power level between Vader and Anakin, I reached the conclusion that Widnu>Vader>Anakin>Dooku would be the most logical way to place them.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2014 01:30 AM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Originally posted by Sinious
Well there is a constant inaccuracy in Star Wars power levels. They literally perform differently in every single fight. Yet Anakin has dominated Count Dooku in ROTS so I don't think Anakin's style being Dooku's kryptonite thing is enough to justify his loss. Windu is the second most powerful jedi of the order during ROTS and GL himself stated that you have to be Windu's or Yoda's level to keep up with Sidious in a duel. Since it is clear that there is a gap of power level between Vader and Anakin, I reached the conclusion that Widnu>Vader>Anakin>Dooku would be the most logical way to place them.

There's a hitch in your theory, that is every canon source has stated that Dooku is equal to Mace, if anything it edges towards the Count being stronger.

The North Remembers

Old Post Aug 18th, 2014 03:37 AM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Well then this means Dooku could keep up with the Emperor and would give Sidious a hard time in a duel.

Also I always thought Dooku being Windu's equal applied to the clone wars era?

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Aug 18th, 2014 03:41 AM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Well then this means Dooku could keep up with the Emperor and would give Sidious a hard time in a duel.

Also I always thought Dooku being Windu's equal applied to the clone wars era?

I haven't really heard a sound argument for Windu gaining any larger powerboost than Dooku would have from the DS boost. Also Dark Rendezvous which occurs mere months before ROTS states the Count and Mace are equals.

The North Remembers

Old Post Aug 18th, 2014 03:43 AM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Like I said, shouldn't this mean that Dooku would be a challenge for Sidious where we all know thats not true?

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Aug 18th, 2014 03:45 AM
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Like I said, shouldn't this mean that Dooku would be a challenge for Sidious where we all know thats not true?

No because A>B>C logic doesn't work in Star Wars.

And Sidious is a nightmare for a fighter like Dooku for the same reason Zonakin is. He's got raw power and speed out the wazzuu and unlike Skywalker he's got the mastery to back it up.

Mace on the otherhand is equipped with the form to take that raw power and turn it against him. Against someone like Dooku however who isn't really a raw power fighter I think Vaapad's usefulness will be far less giving the advantage to the Count.

The North Remembers

Old Post Aug 18th, 2014 04:19 AM
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Originally posted by Lord Stark
No because A>B>C logic doesn't work in Star Wars.

And Sidious is a nightmare for a fighter like Dooku for the same reason Zonakin is. He's got raw power and speed out the wazzuu and unlike Skywalker he's got the mastery to back it up.

Mace on the otherhand is equipped with the form to take that raw power and turn it against him. Against someone like Dooku however who isn't really a raw power fighter I think Vaapad's usefulness will be far less giving the advantage to the Count.

Well then thats the only reason why Dooku stalemates Windu and not his power level.

I agree that A>B>C logic doesn't work tough.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2014 04:41 AM
Darth Thor

Well there is a constant inaccuracy in Star Wars power levels. They literally perform differently in every single fight.

thumb up

It's actually quite realistic. If you watch any combat sport, every fighter performs differently against different fighters. And A > B > C doesn't always work at all.

Plus every fighter will have their good and bad days.

Yet Anakin has dominated Count Dooku in ROTS so I don't think Anakin's style being Dooku's kryptonite thing is enough to justify his loss.

Don't forget Dooku also dominated Anakin and Kenobi combined in ROTS. And Anakin was unable to overpower Obi-Wan in ROTS, who Dooku utterly stomped.

I agree that A>B>C logic doesn't work tough.

thumb up

It also seems TCW makers seem to think Windu and Dooku are about equals. Since they had Windu stalemate Talzin, in an episode that was originally supposed to feature Dooku as the villain. And the reason they switched from Dooku to Talzin was nothing to do with Dooku's power level being inable to compete with and stalemate Windu. But to do with the Villain's motives in that episode being more suitable for Talzin. The fight was also much longer, but had to be cut down to fit in the episode.

Also Sidious will be shown in SOD to be flat out more powerful than Talzin who Mace was stalemating. Plus there's the fact that Maul was able to engage Windu and another Council member together. The idea of Maul engaging Sidious plus another Council Level Jedi together is frankly out of the question.

So yeah A > B > C doesn't work at all. Sidious is far more powerful than Mace, but for whatever reason (Vapaad is as good as explanation as any), Mace can compete with Sidious.

Also remember Lucas said you have to be Mace or Yoda to compete with Sidious. But he never said it was a 3 way triangle. I.e. he never said you have to be Yoda or Sidious to compete with Mace.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2014 10:59 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote