KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » The Old Republic Battle: Empire Protags vs Republic Protags

The Old Republic Battle: Empire Protags vs Republic Protags
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Personally speaking I think the Neutral path should be the canonical path for the Agent. The Light and Dark endings are pretty much downer endings. The Dark ending in particular since most of the story is about how shitty the Sith are, so following them is dumb. Neutral fits the story a hell of a lot more.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2014 12:31 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys
Personally speaking I think the Neutral path should be the canonical path for the Agent. The Light and Dark endings are pretty much downer endings. The Dark ending in particular since most of the story is about how shitty the Sith are, so following them is dumb. Neutral fits the story a hell of a lot more.

I personally think the canonical path for the Agent was the one where they talked down Jadus without an actual fight taking place.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Aug 19th, 2014 12:33 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Originally posted by Emperordmb
I personally think the canonical path for the Agent was the one where they talked down Jadus without an actual fight taking place.

thumb up

Old Post Aug 19th, 2014 12:35 AM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Originally posted by Nephthys

Personally I think Darth Oculus is the canon ending for Kallig, but that doesn't mean I'll argue in favor of that happening. Of course TOR does a fine job of showing that all Dark Side options aren't the right one. I don't know what to think about what an intelligence agent would do, but I don't think that they wring their hands all the time.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2014 12:41 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Yeah, but the Dark Side Agent is little more than a thug who does the Sith's dirty work despite a lot of the story saying "the Sith are insane megalomaniacs with superpowers in charge of everything and that sucks." The Neutral path is generally the most practical, sane and professional one most suited to the Agent and allows for ruthlessness and restraint in equal measure without the suicidal heroics of an exclusively Light path or general evil of the Dark path. It's also the only one where you remain an Imperial Agent at the end.

I mean, the Dark path definitely can't be canon since it has Jadus taking over the Empire which is ludicrous.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2014 01:28 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Hmm, that I did not know. Since the neutral one lets you stay an agent, I can see why that would be the canon path.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2014 01:34 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote