KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Philosophy Forum » Is God A super being?

Is God A super being?
Started by: Aylif

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dramatic Gecko
Gypsy With Internet

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
LOL. Why would God care about what I believed?

Because apparently he cares about everyone.

Lets start by summoning feats.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2014 12:44 AM
Dramatic Gecko is currently offline Click here to Send Dramatic Gecko a Private Message Find more posts by Dramatic Gecko Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

God creates man to perfection

Man choses Satan over God

God sends Jesus to atone for man

Man kills Jesus

I mean serious, Ill be happy just going to heaven to hear this story.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2014 01:02 AM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Dramatic Gecko
Because apparently he cares about everyone.

But I'm a Buddhist.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2014 01:12 AM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dramatic Gecko
Gypsy With Internet

But I'm a Buddhist.

He still cares.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2014 01:16 AM
Dramatic Gecko is currently offline Click here to Send Dramatic Gecko a Private Message Find more posts by Dramatic Gecko Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

He still cares.

He? I just find that too funny.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2014 02:16 AM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RaventheOnly
GheutWunOlathWholSsussun

But I'm a Buddhist.

There are Christian Buddhists smile Buddhism is actually very open to religions coexisting with it as it is more a way of being then relying on an omnipotent being to explain existence. Unless its like Mahayana Buddhism which considers the Bodhisattva as gods.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2014 02:21 AM
RaventheOnly is currently offline Click here to Send RaventheOnly a Private Message Find more posts by RaventheOnly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dramatic Gecko
Gypsy With Internet

He? I just find that too funny.

If God was a woman and made the universe she wouldn't of left her saucepan in the stars.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2014 02:42 AM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by RaventheOnly
There are Christian Buddhists smile Buddhism is actually very open to religions coexisting with it as it is more a way of being then relying on an omnipotent being to explain existence. Unless its like Mahayana Buddhism which considers the Bodhisattva as gods.

In Nichiren Buddhism everyone is welcome.

If God was a woman and made the universe she wouldn't of left her saucepan in the stars.

LOL O…k…a…y…

I would personal never assign a sex onto God, but if I had to, I would say female.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2014 02:47 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Instead she'd leave passive aggressive notes about how you need to improve. Which is arguably more useful than a couple of inscribed tablets.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2014 02:48 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Instead she'd leave passive aggressive notes about how you need to improve. Which is arguably more useful than a couple of inscribed tablets.

Sounds like much of the bible. ;-)

Old Post Aug 21st, 2014 02:58 AM
Dramatic Gecko
Gypsy With Internet

God's obsession with size cancels the theory of it being feminie. I always imagine a bearded man anyway.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2014 02:59 AM
Tattoos N Scars
Modern Day Drifter

Spiritual beings are neither male nor female. The Hebrew names referring to God are all masculine nouns, hence why the the Bible refers to Him as male. Angels have no sex and the Bible says redeemed humans are not identified by sex in Heaven. Sex is only assigned to mortal beings for the purpose of pro-creation.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2014 03:37 AM
Tattoos N Scars is currently offline Click here to Send Tattoos N Scars a Private Message Find more posts by Tattoos N Scars Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dramatic Gecko
Gypsy With Internet

Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
Spiritual beings are neither male nor female. The Hebrew names referring to God are all masculine nouns, hence why the the Bible refers to Him as male. Angels have no sex and the Bible says redeemed humans are not identified by sex in Heaven. Sex is only assigned to mortal beings for the purpose of pro-creation.

I don't want to go to the afterlife anymore.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2014 03:38 AM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

God's obsession with size cancels the theory of it being feminie. I always imagine a bearded man anyway.

Are you talking about something in the bible? I didn't know God had an obsession with size.

God is not a sex. Saying God is a male or female is a personification, and personifications are not real. They are a way to envision something. God the father or God the mother is just a way to describe a relationship. I don't think it is ever meant to be taken literally.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2014 03:42 AM
Tattoos N Scars
Modern Day Drifter

I don't want to go to the afterlife anymore.

You have no choice lol. We all die. I assure you it will be better than you think. Having sex will not be hotwired into our subconscience, so you wouldn't miss it lol.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2014 03:46 AM
Tattoos N Scars is currently offline Click here to Send Tattoos N Scars a Private Message Find more posts by Tattoos N Scars Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

You have no choice lol. We all die. I assure you it will be better than you think. Having sex will not be hotwired into our subconscience, so you wouldn't miss it lol.

I believe we just return here. In my belief, both heaven and hell (and 8 other worlds) are states of mind in this life.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2014 03:48 AM
Tattoos N Scars
Modern Day Drifter

I believe we just return here. In my belief, both heaven and hell (and 8 other worlds) are states of mind in this life.

That's cool. What 8 worlds are you referring to?

What is your belief for the future when Earth is no longer habitable or no longer here? In essence, how does reincarnation work in those scenarios. I haven't studied Buddhism at length, so just curious.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2014 03:56 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I assure you
How?

Old Post Aug 21st, 2014 04:09 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

That's cool. What 8 worlds are you referring to?

The ten worlds:

http://www.sgi.org/buddhism/buddhis...ten-worlds.html

What is your belief for the future when Earth is no longer habitable or no longer here? In essence, how does reincarnation work in those scenarios. I haven't studied Buddhism at length, so just curious.

I am not a Buddhist teacher, so I can only tell you what I believe.

All phenomena have the same experience of birth, life and death. There will come a time when we will no longer reincarnate. At that time we will no longer experience birth, life and death. In Buddhist text this is called Extinction of the Dharma. However, the Suitra says that after a very long time we will return. Not as we are now, but as something different. It is a cycle that is forever repeated.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2014 04:13 AM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
How?

I don't think he can assure you.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2014 04:13 AM