KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Philosophy Forum » Is God A super being?

Is God A super being?
Started by: Aylif

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Oneness
Because I believe that refusal to create a life you were meant to live is actually worse than drowning. Worse than death.

A life of randomized mediocrity, which for me led to unavoidably miserable circumstances almost daily.

All religions were influenced by circumstances of coincidentally convenient circumstances, I believe.

In Buddhism I create the life I am meant to live. I take responsibility and do not need to be saved from someone else's sin against a god that is man-made.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2014 02:11 AM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Bible is notorious for the irrefutable facts it lays down. This is before science demonstrated why it is unwise to make anything irrefutable (the human element). It is quite egotistical to claim that any man-made idea cannot be refuted by another man's idea.

When new facts that are controversial to contemporary beliefs are added to the table; it will be logic that is the deciding factor on what stays and what goes, not the ignorance of logic.

"Compounding these trickster aspects, the Joker ethos is verbally explicated as such by his psychiatrist, who describes his madness as "super-sanity." Where "sanity" previously suggested acquiescence with cultural codes, the addition of "super" implies that this common "sanity" has been replaced by a superior form, in which perception and processing are completely ungoverned and unconstrained"

Last edited by KillaKassara on Aug 28th, 2014 at 02:29 AM

Old Post Aug 28th, 2014 02:23 AM
KillaKassara is currently offline Click here to Send KillaKassara a Private Message Find more posts by KillaKassara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
In Buddhism I create the life I am meant to live. I take responsibility and do not need to be saved from someone else's sin against a god that is man-made.
Not quite.

If someone doesn't really have a desire to do something (like run over your best friend); but does so merely because there're circumstantial signs that he shouldn't run over that person (this is equivalent to sinning against God I suppose), then you pay for the sins committed by another against God.

There're are many, many examples of collateral damage when the system is off-put. You are kinda damned for "sinning against God"; in my experience. There's a direct retribution, an eye for an eye. I've experienced it myself. My unfortunate event could be ironically correlated to an earlier event in which I victimized another. I busted someone's nose and got away with it, then someone busted my nose and got away with it.

"Compounding these trickster aspects, the Joker ethos is verbally explicated as such by his psychiatrist, who describes his madness as "super-sanity." Where "sanity" previously suggested acquiescence with cultural codes, the addition of "super" implies that this common "sanity" has been replaced by a superior form, in which perception and processing are completely ungoverned and unconstrained"

Last edited by KillaKassara on Aug 28th, 2014 at 02:41 AM

Old Post Aug 28th, 2014 02:35 AM
KillaKassara is currently offline Click here to Send KillaKassara a Private Message Find more posts by KillaKassara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Not quite.

If someone doesn't really have a desire to do something (like run over your best friend); but does so merely because there're circumstantial signs that he shouldn't run over that person (this is equivalent to sinning against God I suppose), then you pay for the sins committed by another against God.

No. I would pay for the sin against my friend who I ran over.

There're are many, many examples of collateral damage when the system is off-put. You are kinda damned for "sinning against God"; in my experience. There's a direct retribution, an eye for an eye. I've experienced it myself. Irony.

No.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2014 02:40 AM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

No. I would pay for the sin against my friend who I ran over.

The friend that was run over was a friend of yours, not the murderers.

quote:
No.
Yes.

I'm referring to karma, retribution for a sin, carried out upon the sinner. The flip-side of collateral damage caused by sin, damage to the innocent.

Last edited by KillaKassara on Aug 28th, 2014 at 02:46 AM

Old Post Aug 28th, 2014 02:43 AM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

The friend that was run over was a friend of yours, not the murderers.

Yes.

I'm referring to karma, the other side of collateral damage caused by sin. Damage to the innocent.

If I didn't run him over, then I didn't sin against him. Now I will suffer because of my attachment to him, but that is a good thing.

I don't think you understand what Karma is. Sin has nothing to do with Karma.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2014 02:46 AM
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

Christian philosophies that are not thought of in Buddhism, and Buddhist philosophies that are not thought of in Christianity, may build upon the collective of what we're all trying to understand.

Frank Herbert made a comment about this in the foreword of his best-selling work Dune.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2014 02:48 AM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Christianity philosophies that are not stated in Buddhism, and Buddhist philosophies that are not stated in Christianity, may build upon the collective of what we're all trying to understand.

Frank Herbert made a comment about this in the foreword of his best-selling work Dune.

My bible has read text for the words of Jesus. When I read just the red text, I am reading Buddhism.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2014 02:49 AM
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

If I didn't run him over, then I didn't sin against him. Now I will suffer because of my attachment to him, but that is a good thing.

My example has implications for why damnation may be valid.

quote:
I don't think you understand what Karma is. Sin has nothing to do with Karma.

A miserable act by you on another has born a miserable act on you by another; in my second example.

That is a karmic response.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2014 02:50 AM
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

My bible has red text for the words of Jesus. When I read just the red text, I am reading Buddhism.
That's one way to look at it.

Why label it Buddhism? I'd label all of it simply as "nature".

Old Post Aug 28th, 2014 02:52 AM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

My example has implications for why damnation may be valid.

A miserable act by you on another has born a miserable act on you by another; in my second example.

That is a karmic response.

Not really. That is a Christianization of Karma.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2014 02:54 AM
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

Here's a better example of damnation.

You have nothing to be gained for stealing another man's woman, but you do so simply because God has, in some form of divinity, commanded you specifically not to. It turns out your child with that particular woman ends up being disfigured at birth. The child bares the weight of your sins.

Damnation, just like Adam and Eve. Karma and damnation may both have some validity; they may recur for everyone should we be daring enough to test these notions.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2014 02:57 AM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

...Why label it Buddhism?...

I'm a Buddhist.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2014 02:57 AM
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

Christianization of Karma.
Nonsense.

Eye for an eye.

The Golden Rule.

Dark times call for a walk in the light.

Cause and effect.

You limit yourself by not being able to look at something from multiple perspectives.

Last edited by KillaKassara on Aug 28th, 2014 at 03:01 AM

Old Post Aug 28th, 2014 02:58 AM
dadudemon

Why label it Buddhism?

I'm a Buddhist.

laughing

Old Post Aug 28th, 2014 03:00 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm a Buddhist.
And I'm a scientist.

First and foremost.

Science is only a way of demystifying fact from fiction. The best way to uncover the truth of nature.

When myth-busting is applied to philosophies (beliefs about nature, as opposed to its cold hard facts) like Buddhism and Christianity, it can only improve said viewpoints. When you can take what's new or unusual, in an interesting way, from each religion and combine it, and put that collective philosophical understanding under the microscope of science, you get the kind of ideology in which I practice.

And I've been called a "Saganist".

Because this is something that Carl Sagan did, as well.

Last edited by KillaKassara on Aug 28th, 2014 at 03:16 AM

Old Post Aug 28th, 2014 03:06 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I create the life I am meant to live.
That sounds like an oxymoron.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2014 11:39 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
That sounds like an oxymoron.

Consider who I was talking to.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2014 02:32 PM
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wondering why you'd consider me a moron.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2014 03:38 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Wondering why you'd consider me a moron.

Not a moron, but you can't communicate. Your thoughts are disjointed, and illogical. Perhaps you should go for a time without taking any drugs at all. See if your head clears. I would suggest professional help, if you haven't already done that.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2014 03:48 PM