KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Jaden Korr runs a gauntlet

Jaden Korr runs a gauntlet
Started by: Fated Xtasy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Jaden Korr runs a gauntlet

Jaden is at his prime. no morals, no bullshit. Just how far do you all think he can go? tell me down below. i'm very curious about this

Warm Up: Yarael Poof and Sha Gi

#1. Obi-Wan Kenobi(ANH)

#2. Luminara Unduli(RoTS)

#3. Darth Talon

#4. Shaak Ti(TFU/No sarlac)

Boss: StarKiller(TFU)

how far? I'd appreciate some arguments made in favor of any of the characters, just because i'm curious as to why people underrated/ignore Jaden. Whoever gets the reference i made gets a cookie and two internet points. :P

Old Post Aug 19th, 2014 02:51 AM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Loses at Unduli.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2014 02:58 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Why is the first opponent better than the boss?

Old Post Aug 19th, 2014 03:00 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Yeah the first opponent is better than the majority of everyone here and may even be better than the boss.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Aug 19th, 2014 03:17 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

(please log in to view the image)

Glad to see that's all you guys saw.....

Old Post Aug 19th, 2014 03:26 AM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Dies to the warmup

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Aug 19th, 2014 03:26 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy

Glad to see that's all you guys saw.....

Well I mean that is a definite roadblock if enemy #1 is possibly the hardest person to beat in the gauntlet.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!

Old Post Aug 19th, 2014 03:28 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Well I mean that is a definite roadblock if enemy #1 is possibly the hardest person to beat in the gauntlet.

While, his blade work is impressive, at that point Obi-wan's powers were completely weak, he was unable to create powerful shoves or pushes and in fact heavily relied on stealth and mis-direction when trying to make his way to the tractor beam, which is clever of him, but shows that his age has caught up with him. And again While he did hold his own against Vader it wasn't as long as Starkiller's duel with Vader. Because he is old and he lacks the same agility he had during his youth and because his powers had atrophied. i believe he is weaker than some of the characters on this list.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2014 03:38 AM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Vader didn't really use the Force in his duel with Obi-Wan either. Does that mean that Vader couldn't? Sidious was older than Sin in RotS and TFU. Can he not duel? I think we're taking the limitations of the movie setting, especially the 1970s movie setting, and transplanting that to the characters. And Oldi-Wan let himself be killed, so really we don't know how long the duel would have lasted.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2014 03:44 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Probably loses them all.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2014 03:55 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Probably loses them all.

thumb up

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Aug 19th, 2014 03:56 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Vader didn't really use the Force in his duel with Obi-Wan either. Does that mean that Vader couldn't?

Ah, but there's the kicker, Vader has shown himself to be a very capable fighter, because of his renown as a Jedi Killer he fought against a bunch of jedi and killed them. thus keeping him in tip top shape. I've seen the shit he's done, don't put words in my mouth.

quote:
Sidious was older than Sin in RotS and TFU. Can he not duel?

True enough. but not what i was implying. Sidious and Vader have great showing of their power, Obi-Wan doesn't have that many (as of ANH that is) i'm not saying their featless. i'm just stating facts.
Also...who's Sin? did you mean him?

quote:
I think we're taking the limitations of the movie setting, especially the 1970s movie setting, and transplanting that to the characters.

Had i wanted to use that as an argument i would've, but i believe that's pure nonsense, obviously the movie is old and couldn't do the special effects of it's Prequels. however It doesn't change the fact that Obi-wan - to me at least - did lose a bit of his skills due to age.

quote:
And Oldi-Wan let himself be killed, so really we don't know how long the duel would have lasted.

Like i told Emperordmb, his skill is impressive, but it pales when compared to Vader who spent all his time since his "rebirth" hunting and killing Jedi across the galaxy. Still the old man did good against Vader that is impressive.

But his skill really pales at this age. in my opinion that is.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2014 03:57 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Why dont you actually post comparable feats for Jaden, as opposed to constantly belittling Old Ben? His feat fighting Vader is still a better combat feat than anything Jaden has done, also you picked combatants who would trash him

Old Post Aug 19th, 2014 04:00 AM
King Joker
Restricted

Account Restricted

Probably loses them all.

thumb up

Old Post Aug 19th, 2014 04:04 AM
Click here to Send King Joker a Private Message Find more posts by King Joker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Probably loses them all.

Love you too boo

Originally posted by carthage
Why dont you actually post comparable feats for Jaden, as opposed to constantly belittling Old Ben? His feat fighting Vader is still a better combat feat than anything Jaden has done, also you picked combatants who would trash him

Oh don't worry your precious little troll cheeks, once I've completed my pet project i will completely decimate any hope you have of kicking and ignoring Korr's feats for your own little amusement. In fact once i'm done I'm fairly certain many will raise Korr on their lists.

I hope you like it, buddy stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 19th, 2014 04:13 AM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

I'm actually looking forward to that Xtasy.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2014 04:14 AM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Ah, but there's the kicker, Vader has shown himself to be a very capable fighter, because of his renown as a Jedi Killer he fought against a bunch of jedi and killed them. thus keeping him in tip top shape. I've seen the shit he's done, don't put words in my mouth.

That wasn't the point I was making. The point is we can't assume Obi-Wan has grown weaker in the Force some reason, when he already has some impressive feats of his own, aside from Force defence, but all from people above Jaden's caliber. Obi-Wan is easily on the level of Galen Marek based on his performance against Vader.
quote:

True enough. but not what i was implying. Sidious and Vader have great showing of their power, Obi-Wan doesn't have that many (as of ANH that is) i'm not saying their featless. i'm just stating facts.
Also...who's Sin? did you mean him?

I didn't mean to capitalize sin. Anyway, just as above, I don't think Obi-Wan has actually grown weaker Force wise, and while he may be less agile than he was before, he's still a high level opponent that was able to keep up with Vader in blade work.
quote:

Had i wanted to use that as an argument i would've, but i believe that's pure nonsense, obviously the movie is old and couldn't do the special effects of it's Prequels. however It doesn't change the fact that Obi-wan - to me at least - did lose a bit of his skills due to age.

Like i told Emperordmb, his skill is impressive, but it pales when compared to Vader who spent all his time since his "rebirth" hunting and killing Jedi across the galaxy. Still the old man did good against Vader that is impressive.

But his skill really pales at this age. in my opinion that is.

What I'm trying to get at is that this isn't true. erm

In the novel, Obi-Wan and Vader meet on equal footing. Vader goes to chop Obi-Wan in half several times, and Obi-Wan blocks his saber every single time to the point of frustrating Vader. I think Oldi-Wan is a highly underrated character. He doesn't seem weaker than he was 19 years before. His performance has been shown if anything to be more effective than his performance in RotS.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2014 04:34 AM
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
That wasn't the point I was making. The point is we can't assume Obi-Wan has grown weaker in the Force some reason, when he already has some impressive feats of his own,

Like i've said in my other post, i love obi-wan - especially ANH Obi. and his skill with the blade is very impressive. However because he is clearly not comfortable taking on stormtroopers and chose to instead go "stealth mode" it shows that he doesn't feel confident in his lightsaber skills - at least it seemed that way to me. if you have an answer to this, i'd like to hear it. i'm being genuine here.

quote:
aside from Force defence, but all from people above Jaden's caliber. Obi-Wan is easily on the level of Galen Marek based on his performance against Vader.

Saber wise? Yeah i'd agree, but again if Starkiller and Obi fought Galen would win, he's much younger, very skilled and has excellent showing with the force. but again that's because he's much younger and not hindered by age as Obi-Wan was at this point

quote:
I didn't mean to capitalize sin. Anyway, just as above, I don't think Obi-Wan has actually grown weaker Force wise, and while he may be less agile than he was before, he's still a high level opponent that was able to keep up with Vader in blade work.

True, a jedi/sith's strength in the force seems to stay relatively the same unless augmented or weakened by something. However to my knowledge Obi-wan - at least at this stage in his life - has no extremely powerful force showings. correct me if i'm wrong.

quote:
In the novel, Obi-Wan and Vader meet on equal footing. Vader goes to chop Obi-Wan in half several times, and Obi-Wan blocks his saber every single time to the point of frustrating Vader. I think Oldi-Wan is a highly underrated character. He doesn't seem weaker than he was 19 years before. His performance has been shown if anything to be more effective than his performance in RotS.

Could you get the quote for me? I'm not questioning your credibility, I just like to see things for myself before i make a decision.

Kinda amazed we're having a civilized debate considering how our first one went lol. Also i'll respond to you tomorrow, i'm a little tired.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2014 04:54 AM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Like i've said in my other post, i love obi-wan - especially ANH Obi. and his skill with the blade is very impressive. However because he is clearly not comfortable taking on stormtroopers and chose to instead go "stealth mode" it shows that he doesn't feel confident in his lightsaber skills - at least it seemed that way to me. if you have an answer to this, i'd like to hear it. i'm being genuine here.

You mean avoid the stormtroopers without a fight rather than risk alerting the entire station to his presence?

With so much at stake, if there's an easy way to accomplish his goals that doesn't involve him fighting an entire space station, then why would he not take it?

Old Post Aug 19th, 2014 04:57 AM
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Originally posted by Emperordmb
You mean avoid the stormtroopers without a fight rather than risk alerting the entire station to his presence?

With so much at stake, if there's an easy way to accomplish his goals that doesn't involve him fighting an entire space station, then why would he not take it?

Okay, lol. i'll admit i did forget about that. you got me dude.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2014 05:00 AM