KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Meetra Surik Vs Vitiate

Meetra Surik Vs Vitiate
Started by: Fated Xtasy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Selenial
I Choose Violence

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
I'm not. You simply do not understand the inside joke (for me and Skillz at least), and therefore should not voice your opinion on it.

You spelled my name wrong.... Again.

And yeh, still creepy.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 02:27 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Ooo, is Cary (wink) mad? You must calm your anger to raise that baby girl.
Numerous of KMC's old time debaters have been debating this issue for a while now in other topics. That was there findings:

"You make connections through the Force, and it resonates with those who travel with you. The resonance is even greater when they, too, are Force sensitive. Your actions affect others more than you know. You draw others to you, especially those strong in the Force. When you suffer, their spirit echoes it. And when they are in pain, their pain becomes yours. [...] It is what allows them to prey on Force users, to become stronger when Force Sensitives are near."
--The Jedi Council (Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords)

Your argument is she was weakened on Nathema by staying there for several months. You can eternally never speak.

That quote... Says nothing against what I said. Like at all.

And I said days, and in conceded that I was wrong. Have you never made a mistake oh exalted one? In my defense, who the **** can tolerate reading that steaming pile of turd more than once..??

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 02:31 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Originally posted by Based
There's no specification of a certain distance to not be affected by her companions. After all she was able to feel Kreia losing her hand even though she had gone solo to face Sion. And that was her first and only bond, I'm sure she still had the help of her companions who were still somewhat nearby.

It's a theory at best however solid it is. It's not irrefutable. I'm pretty sure Meetra spoke nothing about the dark side effects of DK, and certainly didn't mention of being weakened as a result.

[/QUOTE]

It's a theory of yours that Meetra wasn't weakened, and your theory goes against established Canon.

GO-TO wasn't mentioned at all in the Revan novel, does he not exist now? Nihilus wasn't, does he not exist? No, they both do, because they've been explored in other sources.
Dromund Kaas has weakened every single Jedi who was ever landed on its world bar one, it's a Theory that she wasn't.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 02:34 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by Selenial

And I said days, and in conceded that I was wrong. Have you never made a mistake oh exalted one? In my defense, who the **** can tolerate reading that steaming pile of turd more than once..??

I thought you were disagreeing with the theory. Nvm then.

Very well, and I agree. I played KotOR 2 directly before reading the book (as a female character), and I was pissed to see how they totally trashed my character. erm

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 02:37 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I didn't even manage it once. I read the Vitiate fight and that was enough for me.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 02:38 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

I thought you were disagreeing with the theory. Nvm then.

Very well, and I agree. I played KotOR 2 directly before reading the book (as a female character), and I was pissed to see how they totally trashed by character. erm

confused

**** it, I'll accept that, I take what I can get.

Which theory? The companion one? I do disagree with that, Because she still had her force bond with Traya even and there was no mention of that, the companions were way too far away too. Handmaiden probably had the force potential of top 20 Jedi/Sith, so just her giving Meetra power would have put Meetra above levels where 3 Jedi can sever her.

They need to have a greater command of the force together to do it, if she was able to draw on her companions from so far, including one of the most powerful Sith in history, said Sith's daughter, an assassin that was the sole survivor of Nilus etc, that simply wouldn't happen.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 02:41 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

confused

**** it, I'll accept that, I take what I can get.

Which theory? The companion one? I do disagree with that, Because she still had her force bond with Traya even and there was no mention of that, the companions were way too far away too. Handmaiden probably had the force potential of top 20 Jedi/Sith, so just her giving Meetra power would have put Meetra above levels where 3 Jedi can sever her.

They need to have a greater command of the force together to do it, if she was able to draw on her companions from so far, including one of the most powerful Sith in history, said Sith's daughter, an assassin that was the sole survivor of Nilus etc, that simply wouldn't happen.

I don't understand your point. Your saying Meetra would be too OP if she was drawing off the connections of her companions? Most of her companions were shit. erm

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 02:47 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't say they were shit. They just never really showed much. Or.... anything.

But Handmaiden's potential in the top 20? I can't remember anything suggesting that.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 02:50 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Originally posted by Nephthys
I wouldn't say they were shit. They just never really showed much. Or.... anything.

But Handmaiden's potential in the top 20? I can't remember anything suggesting that.

Nah it's just the Heritage shit, and I guess that she was Grandmaster for so long... I dunno, you'd just expect that kind of level from the daughter of perhaps the best non-force using blade master and one of the galaxy's strongest Sith.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 02:52 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

@Neph Meh, they were pretty shit, besides HK and Canderous (Kreia not included).

Her father was "quicky" beat by Darth Revan, and her mother's power is unknown. I fail to grasp how she makes Top 20 also. thumb up

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 02:53 PM
Selenial
I Choose Violence

I don't understand your point. Your saying Meetra would be too OP if she was drawing off the connections of her companions? Most of her companions were shit. erm

If she could draw on them all, yes.

Take Dantooine for example.

Traya > Vrook
Exile > Kavarr
Handmaiden, Visas, Atton, Bao Dur, Mical & Mira > Zez Kai ell

In terms of force powers....

So why the hell can the three of them together entirely eclipse the exile? The only explanation I can see is that there needed to be a proximity, a physical connection where they were truly working together...

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 02:54 PM
Selenial
I Choose Violence

and her mother's power is unknown.

Skillz.

You told me you'd wank Traya anytime, prove yourself child.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 02:55 PM
Selenial
I Choose Violence

@Neph Meh, they were pretty shit, besides HK and Canderous (Kreia not included).

Her father was "quicky" beat by Darth Revan, and her mother's power is unknown. I fail to grasp how she makes Top 20 also. thumb up

Oh, also, if Ancient Power was right and Raylas sourcebook quotes were real, Yusanis didn't lose cause of blade work.

But I'm not starting that whole debate again, just saying someone else claimed to know of the books existence.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 02:56 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Nah it's just the Heritage shit, and I guess that she was Grandmaster for so long... I dunno, you'd just expect that kind of level from the daughter of perhaps the best non-force using blade master and one of the galaxy's strongest Sith.

Yeah, I guess. Though we don't really know to what degree the Exile drew upon their strength. Enough to be notable, but not noticeable I'd think. They never seemed to suffer from her leeching. SO I'm not sure she was more powerful the 3 Jedi Council members by that point from drawing on their power.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 02:56 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

It's unconfirmed if her mother was Darth Traya. erm

quote:
If she could draw on them all, yes.

Take Dantooine for example.

Traya > Vrook
Exile > Kavarr
Handmaiden, Visas, Atton, Bao Dur, Mical & Mira > Zez Kai ell

In terms of force powers....

So why the hell can the three of them together entirely eclipse the exile? The only explanation I can see is that there needed to be a proximity, a physical connection where they were truly working together...

You are trying to make sense in the game where the plot was a Sith Lord was trying to destroy the Force. Just go with what you got.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 02:57 PM
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Originally posted by Nephthys
Yeah, I guess. Though we don't really know to what degree the Exile drew upon their strength. Enough to be notable, but not noticeable I'd think. They never seemed to suffer from her leeching.

Which is why I really doubt the councils explanation.

Personally I think you need to take a wider look to see how it really works, Traya was saying in the dark side speech that "It is similar to drawing on the force, as a Jedi does" and that it only became leeching when touched by the Dark Side.

I always thought they were just the gateway to her un-severing herself or something.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 02:59 PM
Selenial
I Choose Violence

It's unconfirmed if her mother was Darth Traya. erm

You are trying to make sense in the game where the plot was a Sith Lord was trying to destroy the Force. Just go with what you got.

"Perhaps I am just an old woman, who has come to despise what most she relies upon"

If you think that was the plot, come back and discuss it with me once you've hit and surpassed puberty.

And no, it's pretty much confirmed.

Arren Kae was first and last teacher to Revan, so was Traya.
Thought dead in the Mando wars. "I thought you had died in the Mandalorian wars"
Kreia? "That is not her name"
It is said that master Kae had nothing left to teach him, but how to leave the order itself. "I taught him how to leave the order"

That, and Avellone saying he was expressly forbidden from ever confirming or denying it.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 03:02 PM
Selenial
I Choose Violence

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 03:03 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

"Perhaps I am just an old woman, who has come to despise what most she relies upon"

If you think that was the plot, come back and discuss it with me once you've hit and surpassed puberty.

And no, it's pretty much confirmed.

Arren Kae was first and last teacher to Revan, so was Traya.
Thought dead in the Mando wars. "I thought you had died in the Mandalorian wars"
Kreia? "That is not her name"
It is said that master Kae had nothing left to teach him, but how to leave the order itself. "I taught him how to leave the order"

That, and Avellone saying he was expressly forbidden from ever confirming or denying it.

I didn't mean the entire plot, I meant the ending, which was true. Darth Traya took her to the heart of Malachor V to kill her, which would apparently destroy the Force.

It's not confirmed if Kreia is Arren Kae in official canon, just all speculation.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 03:08 PM
Selenial
I Choose Violence

I didn't mean the entire plot, I meant the ending, which was true. Darth Traya took her to the heart of Malachor V to kill her, which would apparently destroy the Force.

It's not confirmed if Kreia is Arren Kae in official canon, just all speculation.

A lot of things in Star Wars is speculation.
It's your speculation that Revan is a better combatant than Coleman Trebor, you base your reasoning on feats, as I mine with conversations.

You believe what you do because there is more evidence supporting it the there is going against it, it's the same here.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 03:10 PM