KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Meetra Surik Vs Vitiate

Meetra Surik Vs Vitiate
Started by: Fated Xtasy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 6 7 [8]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Yes, but don't take speculation as law, because it isn't.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 03:11 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Yes, but don't take speculation as law, because it isn't.

Indeed.

But we're speculating the power levels of a Jedi, and I chose to use an incredibly valid theory.
I'm not going to just not use it because it's a theory.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 03:14 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Okay, but don't expect me to use it, because I don't agree with such theory.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 03:18 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Arren Kae being Kreia is literally one-step from being confirmed. Multiples things are repeated when talking about them. The Disciple stating Revan went to Kae last before leaving the Order and Kreia saying the same thing about herself basically clinch it imo.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 03:19 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

No it was just the other mysterious Jedi, who trained Revan first and last, that disappeared in the Mandalorian Wars, that the Jedi Council and Disciple would both recognize as not being named Kreia.

/sarcasm

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 04:32 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
No it was just the other mysterious Jedi, who trained Revan first and last, that disappeared in the Mandalorian Wars, that the Jedi Council and Disciple would both recognize as not being named Kreia.

thumb up

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 04:36 PM
Kotor3

Originally posted by AncientPower
Their primary teacher.

It was always Revan and the Exile, they won the Mandalorian Wars, the Exile was forgotten about due to the Jedi Civil War taking place directly afterwards.

It was always clear to me that Revan was the famous poster-boy but everyone forgets he had help.

Meetra was a dedicated Light Side master, her abilities confirmed well before the novel. Though I see that debating such is just going to be sideswiped with 'lolgamemechanics' when that is not strictly true at all.

Meetra has exceptional feats, even her Force Ghost was powerful enough to feed Revan the required energy and mental fortitude to control Vitiate in subtle ways. All of this on Dromund Kaas, for three centuries.

But people love to low-ball KotOR characters as much as their fans love to place them on an unreachable pedestal.

It's a shame that all the characters bar Revan get ignored in terms of genuine feats.

Greatest does not equate to most powerful, neither does it mean or refer to the same thing. We already know that the Exile never view herself to be on the same level as Revan which is confirmed in the novel.

There is a lot more to be look at when you look at the context of the story. Bottom line is there is nothing in Kotor II that implies that the Exile has ever exceeded Revan in power or skill.

Whereas Traya felt that she had fell Revan she mostly likely felt that the succeed with the Exile which could be a reason why she called her, her greatest student.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 05:02 PM
Click here to Send Kotor3 a Private Message Find more posts by Kotor3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Originally posted by Kotor3
Greatest does not equate to most powerful, neither does it mean or refer to the same thing. We already know that the Exile never view herself to be on the same level as Revan which is confirmed in the novel.

Ant is gonna hate me for this, but whatever. um you ever think that she was being humble? i mean how many times did Mace praise others and call them superior to him? yet we obviously know that Mace is second to Yoda himself.

quote:
There is a lot more to be look at when you look at the context of the story. Bottom line is there is nothing in Kotor II that implies that the Exile has ever exceeded Revan in power or skill.

Yeah, there's absolutely nothing that says the exile ever surpassed Revan in anything

Oh wait! what's this i have found? a quote from Kreia calling her(Meetra) the greater than any she has ever trained? which includes Darth Sion, Darth Nihlius and Mando/Darth Revan?

"You are greater than any I have ever trained."

Oh and another from Sion himself, who says that the exile had the potential to surpass Kreia

"You are strong... I cannot see as she does, but I know, that in time, you shall surpass her power."

yeah, you're right, there is "nothing" to say she had the capacity to surpass revan -_-

quote:
Whereas Traya felt that she had fell Revan she mostly likely felt that the succeed with the Exile which could be a reason why she called her, her greatest student.

That doesn't make a sense. i'm not being a dick or anything, but i seriously don't know what you were trying to say with this stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 06:10 PM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Kotor3

Kreia called the Exile her greatest student in response to her beating her though. So it's fairly clear she meant it in regards to combat ability.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 06:13 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Ant is gonna hate me for this, but whatever. um you ever think that she was being humble? i mean how many times did Mace praise others and call them superior to him? yet we obviously know that Mace is second to Yoda himself.

The novel itself shows Revan to be above Meetra from her perspective.
quote:

Yeah, there's absolutely nothing that says the exile ever surpassed Revan in anything

Oh wait! what's this i have found? a quote from Kreia calling her(Meetra) the greater than any she has ever trained? which includes Darth Sion, Darth Nihlius and Mando/Darth Revan?

Oh and another from Sion himself, who says that the exile had the potential to surpass Kreia

"You are strong... I cannot see as she does, but I know, that in time, you shall surpass her power."

yeah, you're right, there is "nothing" to say she had the capacity to surpass revan -_-

lol You do know that Kreia has never met KotOR Revan who is above Darth Revan,the last one Traya taught, right? Or the fact that even Darth Revan is more powerful than Traya? Mando-Wars Revan was above Traya.

quote:

That doesn't make a sense. i'm not being a dick or anything, but i seriously don't know what you were trying to say with this stick out tongue

See the above.

Last edited by FreshestSlice on Aug 26th, 2014 at 06:28 PM

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 06:26 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Originally posted by FreshestSlice

lol You do know that Kreia has never met KotOR Revan who is above Darth Revan,the last one Traya taught, right? Or the fact that even Darth Revan is more powerful than Traya? Mando-Wars Revan was above Traya.

And you do realize that that's why i specified with Mando/Darth Revan right? Kreia implies that the Exile is stronger than those two incarnations/versions. and Sion says that the Exile could potentially surpass Kreia who at that point had.

#1. Masked her force and physical presence from the high council members.

#2. Killed said council members with Giga-Drain

#3. Had knowledge of Shatterpoint

#4. Revived Colonel Tobin and Hanharr and bent them to do her will.

#5. Killed a dozen Sith assassins on Malachor V with easy.

#6. ****ed with the heads of most of Meetra's companions

#7. taught the exile powerful abilities like Breath and Beast Control.

Not to mention, Meetra is no longer a wound by the time she went to rescue Revan and though she is still impressive (during this time i rate her at Adi Gallia maybe TCW Shaak Ti level without her wound), she was weakened by the loss of her wound powers. which helped her mimic her opponents moves with expertise and allowed her to rapidly learn anything. Not saying Meetra is above Reborn Revan/KoTOR, but she is criminally underrated as both a wound and a normal force user. that's my two cents anyway.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 06:46 PM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

The person you are debating with is debating with someone who believes Meetra is. No ones underrating the Exile. So you putting a lot of quotes to imply the Exile is above Revan by somehow being on par with Kreia who is bellow a weaker Revan, doesn't prove K3 wrong. It also doesn't put the Exile anywhere except for on par with Darth Revan. Her Academy stomp, not accolades, is what put's her on KotOR Revan's level, but Revan Reborn seems to be more powerful than even that.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 06:55 PM
Kotor3

Originally posted by Fated Xtasy

FreshestSlice
Answer you pretty well. But to add:

The thing is why should we assume that the Exile statements were not true and that she was being humble in the same sense you are referring to above?

Traya also stated "Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi he would slay etched on his soul." She does not refer to any of her other students or herself in this way.

Traya felt that she succeed with the Exile as a student in a way she did not with her other students:
Revan who went to the darkside. (This would lead her to the darkside over guilt of feeling that she failed him as a master)
Nihilus and Sion who betrayed her.

It is not hard to see why she would call the Exile her greatest student.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2014 12:01 AM
Click here to Send Kotor3 a Private Message Find more posts by Kotor3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kotor3

Originally posted by Nephthys
Kreia called the Exile her greatest student in response to her beating her though. So it's fairly clear she meant it in regards to combat ability.

I do not agree. But lets say you are correct.

What would be the basis of Keria's assessment? She was Revan's first master and trained an beginner Revan. We know Revan had multiple masters. She did not train or see in combat the Revan that won the mandalorian wars or Darth Revan.

Whereas she trained a fully trained jedi knight/ex general. Not sure how her assessment would be accurate.

My take:

Traya felt that she succeed with the Exile as a student in a way she did not with her other students:
Revan who went to the darkside. (This would lead her to the darkside over guilt of feeling that she failed him as a master)
Nihilus and Sion who betrayed her.

It is not hard to see why she would call the Exile her greatest student.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2014 12:08 AM
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Originally posted by Nephthys

Though i'm sure everyone here knows this, but that "greater than any i have trained" quote includes young Revan, Darth sion AND Darth Nihilus so bamf anyone?

Old Post Aug 27th, 2014 12:27 AM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Are you trying to say that the Exile is comparable to Nihilus in power? Because that's undoubtedly false.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2014 12:36 AM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

She was his polar opposite and she would have become even worse if she went Dark Side (canon).

Her Light Side prowess is not to be ignored, because like others have said, she is criminally underestimated.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2014 02:37 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote