KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Gladiator vs Heralds

Gladiator vs Heralds
Started by: Insane Titan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carver9

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
^IIRC Masterson Thor summoned with Mjolnir living lightning who strucked Glads and this gave Masterson the opportunity to finish Glads. Before that he didn't looked too god and was about to lose.

Sad that someone who isn't even a fan of Gladiator knows this. Masterson snuck attacked him.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Aug 24th, 2014 02:17 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

He loses all.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Aug 24th, 2014 02:17 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

All I remember was the following and then Masterson Thor beating the snot out of Glads:

Attachment: mastersonthorvsgladiator8.jpg
This has been downloaded 95 time(s).

Old Post Aug 24th, 2014 02:21 AM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
All I remember was the following and then Masterson Thor beating the snot out of Glads:

Look at the rest of the fight.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2014 02:23 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Originally posted by carver9
Sad that someone who isn't even a fan of Gladiator knows this. Masterson snuck attacked him.

I like Glads, or did sometimes. He just seriously is portryed like an Idiot by most writers, sorry. He has also good showings, where he doesn't act like an arrogant prick. Take the example with the FF and Thor, where they met Glads in the future against the Celestial. He was a protector, a hero willing to sacrifice everything. That is how he should be portrayed.

Anyway. What I noticed and what you might like, it seems Thanos has some kind of respect for Glads.

Here they even shake hands, or more.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 24th, 2014 02:24 AM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Proof is right. Gladiator was talking about how poor a warrior Masterson-Thor was, before the whole Living Lightning thing.

Gladiator from THE REIGNING universe also KTFOed Thor but ultimately lost when Thor had help, IIRC, for what it's worth.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2014 02:24 AM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

Originally posted by carver9
Look at the rest of the fight.

This part?

Attachment: images.jpg
This has been downloaded 92 time(s).

Old Post Aug 24th, 2014 02:25 AM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

^I think it was this

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Aug 24th, 2014 02:38 AM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

@Carver

I just finished rereading the entire fight, and prior to summoning Living Lightning, Masterson remarks that he had forgetten that Mjolnir could be used to summon the elements...

He was a newb with Thors power and still owned Glads...

Old Post Aug 24th, 2014 02:39 AM
TheLordofMurder

^I think it was this

Yep, thats exactly the scan I just commented on...

Thanks for posting it!

thumb up

Old Post Aug 24th, 2014 02:40 AM
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

^You are welcome ^^
@Carver

I just finished rereading the entire fight, and prior to summoning Living Lightning, Masterson remarks that he had forgetten that Mjolnir could be used to summon the elements...

He was a newb with Thors power and still owned Glads...

Yet he used Mjolnir to send an magic bolt at Glads in the beginning and even had the first suckerpunch when he dived into Glads back, full force.

Yet in the end Glads had him on the ground and without living lightning he would have lost imo.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2014 02:41 AM
TheLordofMurder

Maybe...

But again, Masterson Thor wasnt as seasoned with Thors power as Thor is; Thor has been known to call lightining during a fight...the original Thor wouldnt have needed Living Lightining IMO.

Its speculation either way, but I place my bet on an all out Thor beating an all out Glads...

I do expect Glads to put up a good fight though...

Old Post Aug 24th, 2014 02:45 AM
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Maybe...

But again, Masterson Thor wasnt as seasoned with Thors power as Thor is; Thor has been known to call lightining during a fight...the original Thor wouldnt have needed Living Lightining IMO.

Its speculation either way, but I place my bet on an all out Thor beating an all out Glads...

I do expect Glads to put up a good fight though...

Thor usually doesn't get fancy with Mjolnir anyways. Look at his fights with alternate Gladiators in that FANTASTIC FOUR issue and THE REIGNING Gladiator. Whether or not they count for Gladiator, they certainly reflect how Thor is likely to fight.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2014 02:48 AM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

Well look at what happened when the real Thor stopped holding back on Glads:

Attachment: thorvsgladiator11.jpg
This has been downloaded 102 time(s).

Old Post Aug 24th, 2014 02:50 AM
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

This happened before, a win for Glads.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2014 02:55 AM
TheLordofMurder

Ah, but up to the last page of the fight, Thor had been holding back on Glads...

Its only in the scan that I posted that Thor stops holding back on him...

Old Post Aug 24th, 2014 02:59 AM
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Ah, but up to the last page of the fight, Thor had been holding back on Glads...

Its only in the scan that I posted that Thor stops holding back on him...

After he was beaten Glads had to fight someone else till Thor came back, didn't he? I don't remember it 100%.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2014 03:01 AM
Delta1938
True King of House of El

What happened over the course of a couple issues is Gladiator beat Thor, then was attacked by Tharene, who keeps him busy while Jake is saved and brought back to Mjolnir, Glads beats Thor Girl before getting to Jake just as he becomes Thor again. They fight for a bit, then almost cause a passenger jet to crash, save it, and THEN Thor attacks with an energy blast(seems like a sucker shot) and then Thor attacks as Gladiator is still getting up, the beating shown in your scan. After, Tharene blasts Glads with energy that Thor said rivals Odin(even if hyperbole, it's meant to be quite a potent blast).

Old Post Aug 24th, 2014 03:09 AM
Estacado
Legendary

I like Glads, or did sometimes. He just seriously is portryed like an Idiot by most writers, sorry. He has also good showings, where he doesn't act like an arrogant prick. Take the example with the FF and Thor, where they met Glads in the future against the Celestial. He was a protector, a hero willing to sacrifice everything. That is how he should be portrayed.

Anyway. What I noticed and what you might like, it seems Thanos has some kind of respect for Glads.

Here they even shake hands, or more.

In the same story he beats a cube being who could 1 shot kill Gladiator anytime he wants.
Hell his "pet" Skreet could beat the shit out of Kallark.

Btw in the 2nd fight that's pretty much non canon cause it's future Glads.

Bankai.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2014 06:19 AM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

So now it's non canon...lol, hilarious.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2014 06:21 AM